Sbarro prepares to file for bankruptcy!!!

You know I think if Sbarro latched off malls and became like Domino's or other pizza places it would be a success.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']It might be shit pizza but I remember eating it many times as a 12 year old kid at the mall.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! Back in the day it was the only place that served those big ass slices of pizza you have to fold it in half. Now everyone has their New York style, but that was the ish before you had other options.

I never thought Sbarro's was bad. Not great, but I liked their Spinach/Mushroom pizza.

Ate a lot of slices in both college and grad school as they were one of the on campus dining options at both schools I went to.

[quote name='VANDALHEART']Why the fuck isn't Papa John's Pizza out of business?![/QUOTE]

OK Pizza and crazy good deals lately. Lots of $10 or so deals for large specialty pizzas etc. I really like the chicken/tomato/spinach alfredo pizza.

It's not great pizza by any means, but I'm not much of a pizza fan anyway and pretty much only get it when I'm to lazy to cook or pick up food and want something delivered. They're a lot cheaper than the local places with better pizza (the best of which don't deliver anyway) so I usually go with them.

I've only ever had their pizza when out of town and it was ok at best. Like any place with tons of locations the food quality varies based on the location.

One place the pizza would be greasy as fuck and the next it was like eating cardboard. Not that I'm too picky about the quality, as long as it doesn't contain more bug parts n human hairs per capita than the actual edible ingredients then we're golden;).

[quote name='VANDALHEART']Why the fuck isn't Papa John's Pizza out of business?![/QUOTE]

Maybe because they are so vastly superior to every other large pizza chain that it isn't even a competition?

youre joking right? papa johns is the best nonreal pizza chain out there. im wondering why dominoes or pizza hut havent bowed out yet. both have dropped in quality over the years why the prices have went up.

Sbarro is so damn expensive. One slice and a drink and you're over $5. We used to hang around the mall till 9, when they sold off all their remaining pizza for $1 a slice. I remember one night they had a ton left and gave us a huge discount, so we walked out with these massive stacks of those single slice pizza containers.

[quote name='skinkrawl']Sbarro is so damn expensive. One slice and a drink and you're over $5. We used to hang around the mall till 9, when they sold off all their remaining pizza for $1 a slice. I remember one night they had a ton left and gave us a huge discount, so we walked out with these massive stacks of those single slice pizza containers.[/QUOTE]

Yea it's a hit or miss during the last 30 minutes...you could walk in paying full price for your meal, or walk out paying next to nothing for left overs.....which depending on how long it's been sitting , could be good or bad.

[quote name='skinkrawl']Sbarro is so damn expensive. One slice and a drink and you're over $5. We used to hang around the mall till 9, when they sold off all their remaining pizza for $1 a slice. I remember one night they had a ton left and gave us a huge discount, so we walked out with these massive stacks of those single slice pizza containers.[/QUOTE]

I was eating dinner with my cousin in Pizza Hut one night years ago and they had over 40 carryout pizzas that weren't picked up. On the way out, the people on staff told me and my cousin we could take as many of them as we wanted. We put about 20 of them in the back seat of the car and drove around the city looking for homeless people.

After about 45 minutes of driving around, we found ONE homeless guy and gave him two pizzas. We drove around for another half an hour but couldn't find anyone else. The next morning we threw the pizzas away. Wouldn't you know that we passed about two dozen homeless people when we were out driving around that very next night.

Because Pizza has a very nice profit margin and certain areas of the country are crazy for the stuff.

Awesome Avatar BTW.

Ahhh Sbarros, brings back memories from high school when food was more about quantity and grease level than quality.

[quote name='skinkrawl']Sbarro is so damn expensive. One slice and a drink and you're over $5. [/QUOTE]

This. I used to love Sabarro's as a kid, but because of their prices, going out of business isn't really all that surprising. For price, before I moved, there was a local Brother's Pizza (not sure how big of a chain they are), that had two large slices and a drink for iirc, $4.75.

I love their pizza but man is it expensive. Just two slices will run you over 10 bucks.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Sbarro's : the FYE of Pizza.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, this is true. Or I guess now, the Suncoast of pizza, since FYE around here is still open.

Like others mentioned, Sbarro reminds me of my grade school/high school days. Won't really miss it now.

[quote name='mtxbass1'][quote name='VANDALHEART']Why the fuck isn't Papa John's Domino's Pizza Hut out of business?![/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you...[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for both of you ;)

Papa Johns at least has been offering their pizzas for $10 and Dominos new boneless wings with sweet mango habanero sauce are boss. Pizza Hut not only took over 90 minutes to deliver the last time I ordered, but they fucked up and said a re-do would take another 90 minutes to get back out. I eventually swallowed my pride and tried to order again a couple weeks back and despite having 3 stores within 2-3 miles where I live, 2 of them have shut down and the third one "couldn't find" my address to deliver to even though it's 2.3 miles away according to google. :roll:

Title is misleading... being a Chapter 11 restructure, I'd expect them to stick around for some time. Blockbuster is the same type of animal.

This, they are expensive, one slice and a drink is easily over $5 here, and probably even more if you order a specialty pizza. I usually don't order pizza at the malls anymore because its so darn expensive, yes it is a huge slice but it isn't worth $4-5 for one slice of pizza.

$4-5 for a big slice is ok if it was better pizza. It's decent, but not worth that.

There's local by the slice pizza place I go to pretty often that runs $5-6 a slice with slices a bit bigger than those at Sbarrro, but it's damn good pizza with all kinds of cool options for toppings so I don't at all mind paying for it.

Though, to be fair, a big slice of pizza and a drink is about as feeling as a fast food combo and those tend to run $4-5 so it's not that bad if you look at it that way I suppose.

[quote name='skinkrawl']Sbarro is so damn expensive. One slice and a drink and you're over $5.[/QUOTE]You can get a large, one-topping, Hot-&-Ready pizza at Little Caesars for that.

I like their garlic bread.
Mostly we've been eating frozen digornos or even red baron lately. red baron is pretty bad but the kids will eat it.

[quote name='sdclippers']But little Caesars isnt that good.[/QUOTE]

Neither is Sbarro's.

Having said that, I'll be a little dissapointed if mine goes under- sometimes, when my fiance works til closing and I work till 5, I wander the area immedately around where we work, buy dinner, and wait for him to get off. If I want pizza, my options are overpriced personal sized things at Pizza Hut Express in Target, overpriced crappy Domino's at a franchise locations that usually doesn't offer coupons or match national deals, or not-as-crappy Sbarro's where I don't have to walk 2 blocks carrying a whole pizza or two. I pick Sbarro's, so if they go pizza is no longer an option. :cry:

Haven't had Sbarro's since I was a kid at the mall with my mom. I see Sbarro at my local mall now, but there's hardly anyone ever eating there.

Sbarro's standalone stores in my city has an awesome all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for $7-8...guess that's why they're broke now.

[quote name='necrojustice']I ate at a Sbarro's once and I lifted up a slice and grease ran out like a waterfall. It was disgusting as fuck.[/QUOTE]

That's why I always got the spinach and mushroom pizza. The pepperoni is crazy greasy there.

[quote name='sdclippers']Seeing everyones opinion it seems there isnt one really good pizza joint.[/QUOTE]

There's lots of good pizza joints. Just none of the national chains are great. They're just often more convenient (they deliver) and cheaper than the local joints.

But if you're in a city there are tons of great pizza places around if you can find them. They just tend to be pricier and either don't deliver or are too far away to deliver to your residence as they only have 1 location etc.

bread's done
Back