Scott Pilgrim: The Game PSN preorder + Sex Bob-Omb PS Home Shirt $8.99 again @UbiShop

lawl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
J1Ux2.jpg

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_...2000/Scott-Pilgrim-Vs-The-World-The-Game.html

Just did it, you get the codes right away to redeem on the 10th.

Use code 10THANKS to save $1 (thx to ShockandAww)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it for 8.99. after the check out it takes me to a page with instructions and the redeem codes for august 10.

Thank you OP

[quote name='vessey632']Everything I've seen since the initial announcement has said no online at all, local multiplayer only. I haven't heard any remotely reliable sources say anything about online.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think you're right, an interview with the production manager said no online co-op, so that's probably accurate, but I just found another site (Gamervision) that said it would include online play. I don't know why some people have mixed information, but I guess we'll find out for sure when the game is released.

anyone pay with paypal? Does it take you to a paypal payment screen after you hit submit order?

also: Don't forget the 10THANKS code folks

RCR had a lot of replay value even without online and a bunch of modes. I got this on a whim at this price, but if it is anything like RCR Ill be happy.

[quote name='vessey632']Everything I've seen since the initial announcement has said no online at all, local multiplayer only. I haven't heard any remotely reliable sources say anything about online.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's offline only. Jeff Rubenstein on the Official Playstation Blog said it's 4-player offline only.

[quote name='ssjmichael']anyone pay with paypal? Does it take you to a paypal payment screen after you hit submit order?

also: Don't forget the 10THANKS code folks[/QUOTE]
Yup.

It's only on PS3 cause it does Everything... even awesome platformers

while the xbox 360 has kintectimals.......

and i stand by my "they ran out of codes" theory

i am really jealous of these little exclusive perks that the ps3 is getting 8.99 is a steal i am willing to pay the 15 but it would have been nice to get it cheaper now, im not going to go out and buy a ps3 because of it, and im not a ps3 basher nor a microsoft fanboy but i personally just like the 360s controls/live so much better than the ps3 at least we are still getting it a couple of weeks later, i will have plenty of arcade games to play before that anyway I LOVE SUMMER ARCADE!

[quote name='dstan']Just ordered, although it's $9.99. That's only a buck though so still a great deal!

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

$8.99 was with the code 10THANKS. Got mine. Now I just need to remember to redeem it on 8/10 (and 8/12).

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']$8.99 was with the code 10THANKS. Got mine. Now I just need to remember to redeem it on 8/10 (and 8/12).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but if you were just reading the op you'd almost definitely not see that. Putting the coupon code in a quote box was a terrible idea.

OK, trying to pay for this but Ubisoft is a bunch of morons. Hawaii isn't even a selectable state or province for the billing information area yet other places are. Go to hell!

Willing to send $8.99 via PayPal to anyone for the code if I can't get this crap sorted out with Ubisoft...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='360...']i am really jealous of these little exclusive perks that the ps3 is getting 8.99 is a steal i am willing to pay the 15 but it would have been nice to get it cheaper now, im not going to go out and buy a ps3 because of it, and im not a ps3 basher nor a microsoft fanboy but i personally just like the 360s controls/live so much better than the ps3 at least we are still getting it a couple of weeks later, i will have plenty of arcade games to play before that anyway I LOVE SUMMER ARCADE![/QUOTE]

Lets see your handle is "360" and we're supposed to believe that you're not a fanboy? Sure your not, any TRUE gamer wound not limit themselves to just using an MS product especially since overall Sony has had better exclusives since last year.

[quote name='actripxl']Lets see your handle is "360" and we're supposed to believe that you're not a fanboy? Sure your not, any TRUE gamer wound not limit themselves to just using an MS product especially since overall Sony has had better exclusives since last year.[/QUOTE]
Haha. Believe it or not, some of us will buy products we're more comfortable with. There's a significant amount of people that prefer the 360 controller over the PS3 controller. Besides, this is Cheap Ass Gamer- are you really trying to give him shit for not spending $300+ on a console so he can save $6 on a downloadable game?

That said, there's no right way to approach the "who had the better exclusives" thing. I'm going to try and leave it at "they both have their strengths and weaknesses."

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Haha. Believe it or not, some of us will buy products we're more comfortable with. There's a significant amount of people that prefer the 360 controller over the PS3 controller. Besides, this is Cheap Ass Gamer- are you really trying to give him shit for not spending $300+ on a console so he can save $6 on a downloadable game?

That said, there's no right way to approach the "who had the better exclusives" thing. I'm going to try and leave it at "they both have their strengths and weaknesses."[/QUOTE]

I have all the consoles and buy the best version of the game but if they are = i almost always buy the 360 version because i just like the controller better. Exception would be games that rely on the dpad alot aka megaman 9 & 10

*Sigh* It's things like this that make me wish I had a card of my own. Here's basically the conversation I had with my dad about buying this:

Me: Hey Dad, if I give you money will you buy a game for me online?
Dad: What game is it?
Me: The Scott Pilgrim game.
Dad: Why?
Me: Because it looks fun. What do you mean "why?"
Dad: Well, normally games based on movies aren't that good.
Me: *Facepalm* The game's based on the comic book, Dad.
Dad: Have you looked into anything that said the game's good?
Me: Yes.
*I proceed to show him the trailer for the game*
Dad: *Laughs* Oh, please.
Me: What?
Dad: This looks like a game from the 80's.
Me: Yeah, that's the style they're going for.
Dad: It doesn't look like there's much to it.
Me: It's a beat-em-up. I love beat-em-ups.
Dad: *Sighs* How much is it?
Me: Nine dollars. (I'm giving him ten.)
Dad: Well, it's your money...

The first and the last line should be ALL it takes. Instead, any time I'd like to order something online like it, I have to play twenty questions to *maybe* get what I'm hoping to buy. :/ Ugh. /ragewhine

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']*Sigh* It's things like this that make me wish I had a card of my own. Here's basically the conversation I had with my dad about buying this:

Me: Hey Dad, if I give you money will you buy a game for me online?
Dad: What game is it?
Me: The Scott Pilgrim game.
Dad: Why?
Me: Because it looks fun. What do you mean "why?"
Dad: Well, normally games based on movies aren't that good.
Me: *Facepalm* The game's based on the comic book, Dad.
Dad: Have you looked into anything that said the game's good?
Me: Yes.
*I proceed to show him the trailer for the game*
Dad: *Laughs* Oh, please.
Me: What?
Dad: This looks like a game from the 80's.
Me: Yeah, that's the style they're going for.
Dad: It doesn't look like there's much to it.
Me: It's a beat-em-up. I love beat-em-ups.
Dad: *Sighs* How much is it?
Me: Nine dollars. (I'm giving him ten.)
Dad: Well, it's your money...

The first and the last line should be ALL it takes. Instead, any time I'd like to order something online like it, I have to play twenty questions to *maybe* get what I'm hoping to buy. :/ Ugh. /ragewhine[/QUOTE]

lol parents just don't understand

[quote name='isofan1']lol parents just don't understand[/QUOTE]
In almost immediate retrospect, that post probably makes me sound like I'm either seven or some thirty-something year old guy who lives with his parents. >_>;

Would've paid $15 for this game so for $8.99, it's really a no-brainer for me.

First time pre-ordering a downloadable game outside of steam but I really have to give Ubisoft credit this time for getting together the dream team of Paul Robertson and Anamanaguchi to make a game.

Can't wait.

Thanks for the deal, OP.

In for one. Thank you, OP.

This game looks fun enough that I may double-dip if I have friends get it on 360 also. ;) Hopefully, if this game does well enough, we'll find more retro style games that are filled with awesome on a regular basis.

I used the 10THANKS code and got it for $8.99 + tax. Which, since I live in TN brought the total to $9.87.

Which on a related tangent: what the hell? I thought online retailers only charged tax in states in which they have a physical presence. Are there actual Ubi Stores or Ubisoft Warehouses in most of the continental United States?

[quote name='ryuzx']I didn't get a code when I checked out. It said the codes were generating. Anyone else have this happen?[/QUOTE]

The codes will also appear in your email confirmation.

I'm just using webmail (which doesn't always show things right) as I'm not at my computer but I don't seem to see codes in my email either, and there weren't at checkout...

[quote name='ryuzx']I didn't get a code when I checked out. It said the codes were generating. Anyone else have this happen?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='neonglow']The codes will also appear in your email confirmation.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get a code at checkout or via email...yet.

EDIT:

How do I get my serial number or unlock code? If your product requires a serial number or unlock code, you can usually find it in the Order Confirmation email that was sent to you when you submitted the order. If you do not have your Order Confirmation email, you can get your serial number or unlock code by looking up your order.

It currently states its generating...I got plenty of time, I can wait.

bread's done
Back