Scott Pilgrim: The Game PSN preorder + Sex Bob-Omb PS Home Shirt $8.99 again @UbiShop

lawl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
J1Ux2.jpg

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_...2000/Scott-Pilgrim-Vs-The-World-The-Game.html

Just did it, you get the codes right away to redeem on the 10th.

Use code 10THANKS to save $1 (thx to ShockandAww)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why. It's a downloadable game on PSN. They aren't going to run out of copies.

[quote name='doodofdoods']$9 to get it day 1 is pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

My mind is boggled.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I don't understand why. It's a downloadable game on PSN. They aren't going to run out of copies.

My mind is boggled.[/QUOTE]

Because you get preorder bonus and a cheaper price (or was a cheaper price).

Damn it, I guess I'm too late as well. Don't tell me that the $9.99 price was for a super limited amount of time because that's a load of crap.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I don't understand why. It's a downloadable game on PSN. They aren't going to run out of copies.

My mind is boggled.[/QUOTE]
If it's $5.00 cheaper to preorder, what's not to understand?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I don't understand why. It's a downloadable game on PSN. They aren't going to run out of copies. [/QUOTE]

Pre-orders do two things. The one most consumers think of is that they are secured a copy on-release day. IN this case, this is obviously a non-issue. The discount is being offered for the SECOND reason pre-orders are important: To lock in purchases and ensure the publisher makes mad bank. That's why they are doing this. The discount is minuscule in the long run compared to the pre-orders a promotion like this will generate.

Yea, I missed it too. I guess it's just $5 but damn, I've been too slow on a lot of deals this week. Old age...

It's kind of comical though how you can still see the $9.99 price in the background when it says $14.99 in the add to cart window

my ubi account was screwed up and it wouldnt allow me to order. it didnt get fixed before the price went up. :bomb:

good thing i called ubisoft and got them to comment on the account. he said if it doesnt start working before the price gos back up call back, and hes putting a 50% off comment on my account for the inconvenience. looks like ill be getting it for 6.50 now. :applause:

unless he was being a filthy liar.

Guess I'll go play some River City Ransom to help ease the pain of missing out on this... As much as I dig SP's art style and classic beat-'em-up gameplay, $10 is my limit for this game.

You know, I'm upset that I missed out, but I'm doin it anyway. This game's gonna be a blast and my girlfriend loves the comic just as much as I do.

[quote name='ShockandAww']People worried about the price should look into game sharing. I dont know why more people dont do it.[/QUOTE]
Because I like the dev to get all my money for I game I want to support, not a fifth of it.

Sweet picked this up. That's $6 I don't have to spend that week. Still got the probably $30 for the OST and Score and another $20 for tickets for the movie and Expendables though lmao

Have it in my cart, about to pull the trigger, but I'm a little worried about replay value. Online play is a plus, but does anyone know if this game will feature extra modes besides story? For example, Castle Crashers has the arena mode which is a lot of fun, and they're adding the volleyball mini-game to the PSN release. $9 is better than $15, but still not a very good value if I'm only gonna play through the game one time (depending on how long it is).

Edit: F it, I picked it up. If this is a limited time sale or price mistake I can always sell the code if I find out the game is short or not worthwhile. I'll just wait for some reviews before I unlock it. By the way, I'm seeing conflicting reports on whether the game has online co-op, 30ninjas said yes, pretty much everyone else says no, so I'm not really sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it 14.99 or 9.99? It keeps coming up as 14.99 for me, but then again the site defaults to Canadian prices with no way to change it. Anyone outside the US getting this deal, or is this a US only thing?

So glad I gave this thread a second look -- snagged it for $8.99! A Scott Pilgrim dynamic theme would have been a cooler pre-order bonus, but I can't complain about the price.

[quote name='saad77']Is it 14.99 or 9.99? It keeps coming up as 14.99 for me, but then again the site defaults to Canadian prices with no way to change it. Anyone outside the US getting this deal, or is this a US only thing?[/QUOTE]

It said $14.99 for me when I clicked "add to cart" or something but after clicking the "$9.99 Playstation Network" button under the header image (or whatever exactly it says) it shows up with the shirt (bleh) at $9.99.

[quote name='shytface']Edit: F it, I picked it up. If this is a limited time sale or price mistake I can always sell the code if I find out the game is short or not worthwhile. I'll just wait for some reviews before I unlock it. By the way, I'm seeing conflicting reports on whether the game has online co-op, 30ninjas said yes, pretty much everyone else says no, so I'm not really sure.[/QUOTE]

Everything I've seen since the initial announcement has said no online at all, local multiplayer only. I haven't heard any remotely reliable sources say anything about online.

Must be US only then....again. sigh I can understand physical products being priced more expensive up here, but digital ones? really?

Thanks OP.

Just finished book 4 and anxiously awaiting the movie. River City Ransom is my favorite NES game, I even have a copy just for laughs. This should be 8.99 well spent.

bread's done
Back