Scribblenauts - New Concept on Interaction - From Drawn To Life Devs

"I CAN HAZ CHEEZBURGER (makes a cheeseburger)"

I haven't considered a day-one buy in a long time, but this game has moved to the top of my radar. It just looks like so much fun. I want to buy it, grab my fiance, and then just sit next to each other suggesting nouns to try out to get through the scenarios.

Preorder at Gamestop and get a Maxwell hat of your very own:

Scribblenauts_bonusLG.jpg

They overlooked the obvious choice for a pre-order bonus, a pencil-stylus.... :whistle2:k

This showed up in my goldbox. With ECA, this came out to be $23.79 and free 2 day shipping thanks to Prime.

Very excited.
I really hope I can use a tampon somewhere in this game.

If I want to get the hat, am I better off doing in-store pickup or just getting it shipped? I have heard about problems with people getting their bonus items before...

[quote name='Backlash']If I want to get the hat, am I better off doing in-store pickup or just getting it shipped? I have heard about problems with people getting their bonus items before...[/QUOTE]

do it at the store. If you don't receive one, just send an email to corporate bitching about not getting it as they usually hook you up if they have any.

I never seem to get the bonuses when I order off their site but at least with the store I get a somewhat of a chance

[quote name='lilboo']I really hope I can use a tampon somewhere in this game.[quote name='Backlash']Um, what?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

You know, in case you need to plug a dyke.

[quote name='utopianmachine']My fiance so wants me to preorder Scribblenauts for the hat. He thinks I'll wear it sometimes. Perhaps I would. Over my Club Nintendo Mario hat.[/QUOTE]
Maybe he's got a thing for roosters wearing headphones? :whistle2:s

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Maybe he's got a thing for roosters wearing headphones? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

That's the likely conclusion.

Also, I can be quite cute. And obviously, a rooster hat would increase the cute.

Might have to preorder for the rooster hat since I was going to get it when it came out anyways and it would make a nice hat for the MW2 Prestige head if I decide to get it.

Pre-ordered for in-store pickup. Hopefully I can keep the hat on my son long enough to get a picture, which I can use in 12-13 years to embarass him in front of potential dates (he's two).

I don't buy many games on day one (much less at MSRP) but I pre-ordered this at GS on Monday. Atleast, I'll be using store credit while also supporting the developer. Hopefully, I get the pre-order bonus.

[quote name='Backlash']Pre-ordered for in-store pickup. Hopefully I can keep the hat on my son long enough to get a picture, which I can use in 12-13 years to embarass him in front of potential dates (he's two).[/QUOTE]
I'm sure he would be embarrased but the likely reaction from his date would be, "Aww, how cute!"

Those panties would just slide off.

[quote name='foltzie']You know, in case you need to plug a dyke.[/QUOTE]

OR if you need to cross a river and you have 2 options:
1) Build a raft

OR

2) Use several hundred, maybe THOUSANDS, of tampons to absorb it up.

Changed my avatar to a 10th Doctor Scribblenauts avatar made for me by someone on neogaf.
The hair should be a bit more spiky, but other then that it's excellent and Osaka did a great job.

Just switched my Beatles Rock Band SE preorder at GS to this. Of course, I'm still getting Beatles Rock Band SE but I used the Amazon 50% off coupon from the trade-in promo + ECA to get it there for $99.99 instead ;). I didn't want to cancel on the guys at my local GS so this was a great game to switch to because of the preorder bonus - though I have no idea what I'll do with the rooster hat :lol:.

[quote name='pete5883']Make your kids wear it when they're bad.... or good, depending if they like it or not.[/QUOTE]

I am so taking a picture of my 1 1/2 year old wearing it ASAP and posting it here ;).

[quote name='io']I am so taking a picture of my 1 1/2 year old wearing it ASAP and posting it here ;).[/QUOTE]

I would think it'd be a bit big for a baby.

Just preordered this from Gamestop.com. I had a $10 off code that wasnt supposed to work with pre-orders but worked anyways and the saver code for free shipping.

So I got this game for about $22 after tax.

I can't wait for this game. Though I will have to wait a week or two after it comes out since I preordered it at a GS near my house and I'll be at school. There is a GS near my school but I avoid paying NY sales tax when I have to.

Is GS the only chain offering a bonus for pre-ordering? I want to use my TRU giftcard from buying Batman on this, but I don't see any bonuses from them.

[quote name='Flak']Is GS the only chain offering a bonus for pre-ordering? I want to use my TRU giftcard from buying Batman on this, but I don't see any bonuses from them.[/QUOTE]
The GS preorder bonus is the only one I've seen thus far. And we're pretty close to launch so I'd be surprised if there were others at this point.

I was sure there'd be some sort of cool pencil stylus as a preorder bonus.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']
I was sure there'd be some sort of cool pencil stylus as a preorder bonus.[/QUOTE]
yeah there is a pencil stylus preorder bonus from a retailer in Australia or something.

the hat has been taken off the GS website. sooo unless you plan on trying your luck in store, you should go for the $23.
and what do you mean it showed up in your gold box, is everyone's different? ah i want yours.

[quote name='EnderA6']and what do you mean it showed up in your gold box, is everyone's different? ah i want yours.[/QUOTE]

He means the deals down at the bottom of the Gold Box page. They change every day for everyone. It provides discounts on recommended items that go from your buying history.

[quote name='icedrake523']This showed up in my Gold Box today. $23 with no hat or $32 with hat?[/QUOTE]

Personally, this is "cake or death?" level questioning for me.

I want that hat.

[quote name='EnderA6']the hat has been taken off the GS website. sooo unless you plan on trying your luck in store, you should go for the $23.
and what do you mean it showed up in your gold box, is everyone's different? ah i want yours.[/QUOTE]
That's weird. Maybe they received more pre-orders than hats they'll receive and pulled it as not to tick anyone off in the future.

I'll put an order in on Amazon. I'll go to GameStop and ask if they're still offering it.

I just fixed my Gold Box to offer stuff I want earlier in the week. Yesterday I got Prfoessor Layton 2 for $25. Today Scribblenauts, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, and de Blob in it. Pretty good for 2 days in a row. I'm still getting a lot of lame DS games.

This is in my Goldbox today. Still not sure if I want it, though. Rather, I do want it, but I've been spending too much of late....

Is there anyone who preordered from Gamestop and would rather save money via Amazon?

'Cuz it looks like they've run out of Rooster Hats, and I hadn't gotten around to preordering it yet.

So I'd pay for your preorder.

Let me know anyone.

Also, Gamestop - get your act together.

Yeah, I ended up preordering from Amazon as well. Is it pretty much official that the preorder bonus is no longer being offered, or have they just stopped advertising? The rooster hat is awesome but it's $5 more, which isn't bad at all, but I hate GameStop. I'd rather give Amazon my business any day.

I know Warner is publishing but how rare do you guys expect this one to be? I really want it but I'll pass for now if it won't be too rare, I want to support Persona PSP in hopes of Atlus bringing over Persona 2.

[quote name='Flak']I know Warner is publishing but how rare do you guys expect this one to be? I really want it but I'll pass for now if it won't be too rare, I want to support Persona PSP in hopes of Atlus bringing over Persona 2.[/QUOTE]

yeah, you won't have to worry about this becoming even remotely rare.

Put another $10 towards my Scribblenauts preorder today. If I don't get the rooster hat when I go pick up my game, I'll be asking for my refund on the spot.

bread's done
Back