Sears Clearance Thread Summer 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

[quote name='PigeonSt']Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though...[/quote]

This is true of most Sears stores. If they happen to have anything left it's likely to be $10 or less by now. Everything else is out of the system and will likely ring up as: Video Game, and is stickered $10 or $15, just like the games at Kmart that went out of the system.

Since the previous "weird Sears clearance thread" is a bit outdated and a bit difficult to read, I decided to go ahead and make a new clearance thread to follow in the same format as the infamous Target clearance threads.

From the previous thread: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76977
[quote name='Snake2715']
Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!
[/quote]
* I just want to say how much dick the posters on fat wallet enjoy sucking, for we all know this will undoubtedly get reposted over there word-for-word, with no credit to the CAG community

** All games listed below are games that I have seen, or have seen posted recently in the previous thread, I will continue to update the list as required.

*** Please attempt to post all additions as follows:

Game - System - Price
ex: Conker - Xbox - $5

**** Prices are obviously YMMV, I have listed the lowest known price, however prices may be double or half the listed price, depending on your luck.

***** My current theory is that the games marked with a "Jun" clearance sticker are actually now 1/2 price at most stores, "Jul" clearance games may drop again in September, while the "Aug" clearance games are naturally up to date.

******Prices seem to be dropping again as we near September, the actual price in some cases my now be 40% less than the listed price.

AUGUST 2006

:gc: GC

$2
F-Zero GX

$3
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Zelda: 4 Swords

$5
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Metroid Prime
Nintendo Bongos w/o game
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

$8
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

$9
Donkey Konga 2: w/o bongos

$10
Custom Robo
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat: w/o bongos
Frogger: Ancient Shadows *Not a clearance title*
Harry Potter: Azkaban
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Mario Tennis
Tiger Woods 2005

$12
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

$15
Baten Kaitos
Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga w/Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 w/Bongos
Geist

:gba: GBA

$2
Castlevania Classic
Metroid Classic

$5
Elf
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario Pinball

$7
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

$8
Mario Vs Donkey Kong

$10
Astroboy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
WarioWare Twisted

$15
-

$18
Super Mario Advance 4

:ds: DS

$5
Feel the Magic
Pac-Pix
Ridge Racer
The Urbz

$7
Pokemon Dash
Meteos

$8
Advance Wars

$10
Metroid Pinball
Pac n Roll
Seaworld: Shamu

$15
Trace Memory

:ps2: PS2

$3
Ace Combat 4
SSX Tricky

$5
Astro Boy
Batman Begins
Destroy All Humans
Gran Turismo 3
ICO
Karoake Revolution 2
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Rachet and Clank
Rainbow Six 3
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Suffering Ties that Bind
Taiko Drum Master
War of the Monsters

$7
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Spiderman 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

$10
Alias
Call of Duty 2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII YMMV!!!
Eye Toy Groove
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Samurai Jack
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Sly Cooper
Spartan: Total Warrior
X-Men Legends 2
World Tour Soccer (2005)
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT

$12
Baldur's Gate DA2
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

$15
Eye Toy Secret Agent
Genji
Samurai Warriors

$20
Midnight Club Racing 3

$30
FFXI w/HD

:psp: PSP

$7
Gretzky (2005)
MVP Baseball
SSX On Tour
THUG 2 Remix

$10
Death Jr
Frantix
Hustle
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Ridge Racer
Untold Legends: BotB

$12
Tiger Woods 06

$15
Ghost in the Shell
LOTR: Tactics
THUG 2: Remix
Wayne Gretzky's Hockey

:xbox: XBOX

$1
Catwoman

$3
007: Agent Under Fire
Amped 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
R Racing
Yourself Fitness

$5
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate
Conker
Crimson Skies
Destroy All Humans
Doom 3
Fable
Fight Night 2004
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Half-Life 2
Medal of Honor: European Assault
NBA Ballers
Pac-Man World 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Sonic Collection
Sonic Heroes
The Suffering: Ties That Bind

$6
America's Army
X-Box Live Starter Kit

$7
America's Army
Burnout: Revenge
NHL 2006
Ninja Gaiden: Black
The Warriors

$8
Top Spin

$10
007: From Russia with Love
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Forza Motorsport
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Jade Empire
KOTOR 2 (YMMV)
Mechassault 2
Midway 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
The Urbs
Top Spin
X-Box Live 12 Months & Crimson Skies

***UPDATED THROUGH PAGE 6***

Some of these need to be added to the list:

Untold Legends: BotB - $10
Namco Museum Battle Collection - $10
Donkey Konga 2 WITH Bongos - $25

And some of these are YMMV as this Sears had Death, Jr. for $20. I picked up these 4 along with Battalion Wars ($25) and Fuzion Frenzy ($10). At first I just wanted to get all these games pricechecked as some of them are still more than what I was planning on paying, but the Sears clerk who I had pricechecking them told me he was quitting his shitty job and decided to alter the prices in my favor. :D

The Sears system appears to allow pricematches without manager approval as long as the difference between the Sears price and the price being matched to isn't more than $5. So each of the 6 games I bought had an additional $5.50 taken off of them ($5 plus 10% of the $5) and he wouldn't let me turn down this deal! I ended up paying around $70 bucks after tax. I asked him when he was quitting and he told me he hadn't put in his 2 weeks yet because he's waiting for someone to come in and really piss him off so he can go out with a bang. I told him he deserved a raise for his great customer service skills and asked what day he was coming back in so I could get some more awesome "deals", he told me he worked this Sunday. Hope he isn't fired before then... :D

I don't know if its YMMV but I managed to find a 3 month xbox live starter kit on sale for $6 at my local Sears less then a week ago. $2 a month with a headset and some demos isn't too shabby IMHO. Just something to look out for.

[quote name='deadtrees']At Morrestown NJ:
Ninja Gaiden Black :xbox: $6.97
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 :xbox: $2.97[/QUOTE]

Ninja gaiden black! I don't know how many copies of this I passed up cause it still had the $29.99 price tag and I didn't bother checking it cause it wasn't on the clearence list. Definately going to check this out Thurs.

[quote name='seththefallen']$2 a month with a headset and some demos isn't too shabby IMHO. Just something to look out for.[/QUOTE]

My local store had the 12-month subscription card with the headset and full copy of Crimson Skies for $10.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']My local store had the 12-month subscription card with the headset and full copy of Crimson Skies for $10.[/quote]

Now that's a deal! I have to check that out.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']My local store had the 12-month subscription card with the headset and full copy of Crimson Skies for $10.[/QUOTE]

I picked one of them up for $29.99 at Sears and I thought that was a good deal a few weeks ago. Went back they were all sold out. They have the 12 month with the pouch for $49.99 still. Tried to price match with TRU receipt for $19.99 but wouldnt work.

10 bucks for that is one of the best deals I have heard of. I did pick up Taiko Drum Master for $ 4.99 at Sears which was the best deal I have gotten on a game.

I stopped by another Sears yesterday and picked up:

Pikmin 2 ($10)
Mario Pinball land ($5)
Meteos ($7)

They had a ton of copies of Castlevania: COD for PS2 and XBOX, but they were all still $20. If I wasn't so broke from all the other sales that have been going on, I would have picked it up anyways.

[quote name='deadtrees']At Morrestown NJ:
Ninja Gaiden Black :xbox: $6.97
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 :xbox: $2.97[/quote]Oh daaaamn I gotta pick up that Ninja Gaiden Black.

Yeah I remember Ninja Gaiden Black being on clearence at my Sears too... I can't remember the price but I think it was 9.97. Maybe it's dropped down to $6.97 but it is on clearence.

Just got back from Sears and I can confirm these prices:

Ninja Gaiden Black (XB) - $6.97
Burnout Revenge (XB) - $6.97
America's Army (XB) - $6.97
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact (PS2) - $6.97
Final Fantasy- Crystal Chronicles (GC) - $4.97
Spartan: Total Warrior (PS2) - $9.97

[quote name='backwards_compatible']Some of these need to be added to the list:

Untold Legends: BotB - $10
Namco Museum Battle Collection - $10
Donkey Konga 2 WITH Bongos - $25

And some of these are YMMV as this Sears had Death, Jr. for $20. I picked up these 4 along with Battalion Wars ($25) and Fuzion Frenzy ($10). At first I just wanted to get all these games pricechecked as some of them are still more than what I was planning on paying, but the Sears clerk who I had pricechecking them told me he was quitting his shitty job and decided to alter the prices in my favor. :D

The Sears system appears to allow pricematches without manager approval as long as the difference between the Sears price and the price being matched to isn't more than $5. So each of the 6 games I bought had an additional $5.50 taken off of them ($5 plus 10% of the $5) and he wouldn't let me turn down this deal! I ended up paying around $70 bucks after tax. I asked him when he was quitting and he told me he hadn't put in his 2 weeks yet because he's waiting for someone to come in and really piss him off so he can go out with a bang. I told him he deserved a raise for his great customer service skills and asked what day he was coming back in so I could get some more awesome "deals", he told me he worked this Sunday. Hope he isn't fired before then... :D[/QUOTE]

Are you sure both "Untold Legends: BotB (PSP) & Namco Museum Battle Collection (PSP)" Ringup for $10 each.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Are you sure both "Untold Legends: BotB (PSP) & Namco Museum Battle Collection (PSP)" Ringup for $10 each.[/QUOTE]

Positive. Both come up as $9.9X (looks like it's $9.97, from the post below mine). I grabbed the last copies of each at my Sears. I'm pretty sure somebody in the "weird Sears clearance" thread confirmed $10 for Namco as well, so I'm not sure why it isn't on the list already.

Got back from Sears this morning with:

PSP:

Lord of the Rings Tactics $14.97
Namco Battle Museum $9.97
Death Jr. $9.97

DS:

Ridge Racer DS $4.97
Urbz DS $5.97
Meteos $6.97 (FOR TRADE ONLY - REALLY WANT MONOPOLY/YAHTZEE/BOGGLE/BATTLESHIP DS!!)

XBOX:

Warriors, The $6.97

PS2:

Star Ocean: Til the End of Time (Non-GH) $11.97
Karaoke Revolution Vol. 2 $4.97

Total = $83.08.

They had a LOT of other games, though. I almost picked up one that wasn't on the list:

GCN:

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland $7.97

Here's what I'm looking for from the sale list, should anyone want to trade, etc:

Gamecube:

$3
James Bond: Agent Under Fire (NO Player's Choice though)

$5
Kirby's Air Ride
Nintendo Bongos w/o game

$10
Zelda: 4 Swords (NO Player's Choice though)

$12
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

$20
Mario Tennis

$25
Battalion Wars

Game Boy Advance:

$2
Castlevania Classic
Metroid Classic

$5
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Mario Pinball

$7
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

$8
Mario Vs Donkey Kong

PS2:

$5
Destroy All Humans
Suffering Ties that Bind

$12
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time (NO GH though)

PSP:

$10
Ridge Racer

$12
Tiger Woods 06

$15
SSX: On Tour ($7, YMMV)

XBOX:

$5
Conker
The Suffering: Ties That Bind

Ninja Gaiden: Black was too good a deal to pass up at $6.97. Still holding out hope for a Prince of Persia clearance at some point, though.

alright I'm sold. definitely going to head down to my sears to see what they have. I'm hoping for Ninja Gaiden Black. FF Tactics Advanced. Crimson Skies with 12mo XBL suscription, and Meteos. Wish me luck.

anyone able to pickup and extra SSX PSP for sale? also if they have Virtua Tennis PSP if possible. the sears around here have horrible game selections and no sales at all.

No DS games to be found at all at my Sears. There were lots of PS2 games, though. A handful of Xbox games and a couple Gamecube games. They had Battalion Wars. May go back for that. Is 25 really a good price for it? I haven't looked for it much but it seems it still retails for 50. I saw several of the PS2 games listed in the OP for $5 at my Sears for 10. Such as Soul Calibur 2. I would pick it up for 5 but for 10 I can grab it lots of other places. Plus SCIII is dropping to 20 bucks pretty universally it seems now. Is there a chance some of these games will ring up less than their sticker price? At the time I didn't feel like getting a bunch of stuff price checked.

[quote name='writimagination']They had Battalion Wars. May go back for that. Is 25 really a good price for it?[/quote]

Yes. Battalion Wars still retails for $49.99, and won't be dropping soon. Even if it did, it wouldn't drop below $29.99.

[quote name='writimagination']Is there a chance some of these games will ring up less than their sticker price?[/quote]

Yes. The Death Jr. for PSP had a pink sticker of $14.97 on it, but it rang up at $9.97.

How long has NG: Black, Conkers and Pikmin 2 been on sale? I picked up Pikmin 2 earlier, but didn't bother looking for those other 2 great games since I don't personally own an xbox, but for those prices I would just borrow a friends. ;) I did call the store to see if they would look and he said they had none, but of course he didn't catch the remaining Pikmin 2 I knew for sure they had. :roll: I really would hate to drive that far again and get nothing.

i just went to sears today in lynnwood WA, & yes there is some cheap games but not to many i did how ever buy donky konga for the game cube for 24$ with game & control unit so yes its true woot thx alot for the info keep them coming :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

No Ninja Gaiden Black at my Sears. Probably hasn't ever been, since I know I saw the original Ninja Gaiden when the clearance first started, which has since been moved to a big shelf of crap. Lots of KOTOR2, but I might wait for that to get cheaper. $10 is a bit much to spend on games for a system I will be getting at an undetermined time in the future.

[quote name='writimagination']No DS games to be found at all at my Sears. There were lots of PS2 games, though. A handful of Xbox games and a couple Gamecube games. They had Battalion Wars. May go back for that. Is 25 really a good price for it? I haven't looked for it much but it seems it still retails for 50. I saw several of the PS2 games listed in the OP for $5 at my Sears for 10. Such as Soul Calibur 2. I would pick it up for 5 but for 10 I can grab it lots of other places. Plus SCIII is dropping to 20 bucks pretty universally it seems now. Is there a chance some of these games will ring up less than their sticker price? At the time I didn't feel like getting a bunch of stuff price checked.[/QUOTE]

Both Battalion Wars (GC) and Geist (GC) were priced $25, like for 3 weeks now.

Good thing Target has Geist for only $12.48; but Battalion Wars was like $49.99. :bouncy:

Oh yeah, Battalion Wars had a handwritten tag of 17.97 taped below the 24.97 printed tag. Might be worth scanning for those interested.

[quote name='botticus']Oh yeah, Battalion Wars had a handwritten tag of 17.97 taped below the 24.97 printed tag. Might be worth scanning for those interested.[/QUOTE]

really? coz the $24.97 price tag was either red/orange sticker. while the titles that have handwritten reduced price were yellow stickers.

if that were the case, then i'll check them up and ask for price check.;)

Does anyone know if the Sears thing is YMMV? I saw metroid Prime 2 at mine earlier today (before seeing the thread) and it was still in the Reg Price Rack, and not in the Clearance bin.

[quote name='SeemslikeTrav']Does anyone know if the Sears thing is YMMV? I saw metroid Prime 2 at mine earlier today (before seeing the thread) and it was still in the Reg Price Rack, and not in the Clearance bin.[/QUOTE]

could be your SEARS branch still needs to update their stock on what goes to the bin.

i'll try to swing by on the weekends, i'm still waiting for some changes on my branch. :roll:

can sears deny u service? i went to sears and politely asked if the guy could open the game case and he just told me no.... and then he told me i had to be looking for a certain game and that i cant just look around....... it was a very small game case so i just let it slide...

[quote name='anarchyburger']can sears deny u service? i went to sears and politely asked if the guy could open the game case and he just told me no.... and then he told me i had to be looking for a certain game and that i cant just look around....... it was a very small game case so i just let it slide...[/quote] They're not going to let you just sift through the games in the case, otherwise the case has no use. And the alternative is they sit there next to you until you're done looking. If you're not sure about some games, just have them grab the lot of them for price checks.

That would be awesome if Battalion Wars is 17 something. The game looks real fun and I've been looking to expand my gamecube collection which has maintained a humble size for the year plus I've had it. I might be willing to plunk down 25 for it since it seems like a game that doesn't go on sale a whole lot and probably won't have a universal price drop for a long time.

I really wish I could have found Meteos and Advance Wars for DS though. There wasn't a sign of any DS presence at my Sears at all. On sale or otherwise.

can sears deny u service? i went to sears and politely asked if the guy could open the game case and he just told me no.... and then he told me i had to be looking for a certain game and that i cant just look around....... it was a very small game case so i just let it slide..

They typically only open the case to grab an item for you to purchase. The case is an anti-theft measure. If he opened the case for you to sift through he'd have to sit there and watch to make sure you don't steal anything. All stores that use glass cases I've been to have the same policy. He isn't denying you service. He just doesn't want to babysit you when he's supposed to be assisting customers. It's the same as asking him to just walk around the store with you while you browse.

The guy is right. If you're looking for a specific game, they'll help you since in this way they're actively assisting customers.

Since I'm assuming you were looking for the discounted games, you should've told him which ones you were looking for. Unless you were just browsing?

I went to 3 Sears and got lucky at one, basically struck out at 2.

Cuyahoga Falls, OH still has some reasonable stuff (FFTA sticks out in my mind), none of it was marked

Akron (Rolling Acres) has a boatload of stuff, and most of it marked - had some Eyetoys, Metroid Pinball, and other stuff (none of the real cheap stuff)

Niles had a whole lot of nothing.

I have one more up my sleeve that may or may not have anything - it's been raided before, but they are bad at marking.

War of the Monsters PS2 and Feel the Magic rang up at $10 at all 3 sears

Dave

[quote name='Sonichigh']Picked up

Catwoman :xbox: .97
Suffering Ties that Bind :xbox: and :ps2: $5
Charlie and the Chocolate :xbox: $5
Mechassault 2 non-platium :$10[/quote]

I'd just like to note that I find Catwoman for 97 cents friggin' hilarious. But on a more serious note I was able to snag Sonic Heroes :ps2: for $5, but Spiderman 2 on :ps2: was $9.97 at my Sears, maybe it's cheaper at other ones. Can anybody confirm this?

[quote name='MightySlacker']I went to 3 Sears and got lucky at one, basically struck out at 2.

Cuyahoga Falls, OH still has some reasonable stuff (FFTA sticks out in my mind), none of it was marked

Akron (Rolling Acres) has a boatload of stuff, and most of it marked - had some Eyetoys, Metroid Pinball, and other stuff (none of the real cheap stuff)

Niles had a whole lot of nothing.

I have one more up my sleeve that may or may not have anything - it's been raided before, but they are bad at marking.

War of the Monsters PS2 and Feel the Magic rang up at $10 at all 3 sears

Dave[/quote]
Where's the 4th one? :O

It looked like the Sears in Westland, MI was shutting down their game section. There were no systems or new games for sale, only a bin with clearanced games. I didn't find anything I was looking for (ie, mario vs dk, kirby amazing mirror, and ico).

I have a few to add:

XBX Half-Life 2 $4.97
XBX James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire $2.97
XBX Spartan: Total Warrior $9.97

I managed to get a lot of good stuff at a single location (Gulf-to-Bay Sears Essentials, for the locals). I scored the only copies of Ninja Gaiden Black, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Meteos, Half-Life 2, Agent Under Fire XB, The Warriors XB, and Spartan: TW XB. I also picked up Midway Arcade Treasures 1 for $10, but I'm pretty sure it's that price everywhere now. Oh, and like the previous poster, I saw Jade Empire for $9.97, but it's not the LE for those who care.

Um...this is kinda weird but you know those 12 month Xbox live cards with the pouch? They were $4.99 at my sears about 2-3 weeks ago and I grabbed two (of two!). It wasn't $4.99 in the computer, but it was clearly stickered $4.99. This might have been a price mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back