Sears Clearance Thread Summer 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

[quote name='PigeonSt']Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though...[/quote]

This is true of most Sears stores. If they happen to have anything left it's likely to be $10 or less by now. Everything else is out of the system and will likely ring up as: Video Game, and is stickered $10 or $15, just like the games at Kmart that went out of the system.

Since the previous "weird Sears clearance thread" is a bit outdated and a bit difficult to read, I decided to go ahead and make a new clearance thread to follow in the same format as the infamous Target clearance threads.

From the previous thread: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76977
[quote name='Snake2715']
Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!
[/quote]
* I just want to say how much dick the posters on fat wallet enjoy sucking, for we all know this will undoubtedly get reposted over there word-for-word, with no credit to the CAG community

** All games listed below are games that I have seen, or have seen posted recently in the previous thread, I will continue to update the list as required.

*** Please attempt to post all additions as follows:

Game - System - Price
ex: Conker - Xbox - $5

**** Prices are obviously YMMV, I have listed the lowest known price, however prices may be double or half the listed price, depending on your luck.

***** My current theory is that the games marked with a "Jun" clearance sticker are actually now 1/2 price at most stores, "Jul" clearance games may drop again in September, while the "Aug" clearance games are naturally up to date.

******Prices seem to be dropping again as we near September, the actual price in some cases my now be 40% less than the listed price.

AUGUST 2006

:gc: GC

$2
F-Zero GX

$3
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Zelda: 4 Swords

$5
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Metroid Prime
Nintendo Bongos w/o game
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

$8
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

$9
Donkey Konga 2: w/o bongos

$10
Custom Robo
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat: w/o bongos
Frogger: Ancient Shadows *Not a clearance title*
Harry Potter: Azkaban
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Mario Tennis
Tiger Woods 2005

$12
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

$15
Baten Kaitos
Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga w/Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 w/Bongos
Geist

:gba: GBA

$2
Castlevania Classic
Metroid Classic

$5
Elf
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario Pinball

$7
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

$8
Mario Vs Donkey Kong

$10
Astroboy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
WarioWare Twisted

$15
-

$18
Super Mario Advance 4

:ds: DS

$5
Feel the Magic
Pac-Pix
Ridge Racer
The Urbz

$7
Pokemon Dash
Meteos

$8
Advance Wars

$10
Metroid Pinball
Pac n Roll
Seaworld: Shamu

$15
Trace Memory

:ps2: PS2

$3
Ace Combat 4
SSX Tricky

$5
Astro Boy
Batman Begins
Destroy All Humans
Gran Turismo 3
ICO
Karoake Revolution 2
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Rachet and Clank
Rainbow Six 3
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Suffering Ties that Bind
Taiko Drum Master
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus
War of the Monsters

$7
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Spiderman 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

$10
Alias
Call of Duty 2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII YMMV!!!
Eye Toy Groove
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Samurai Jack
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Sly Cooper
Spartan: Total Warrior
X-Men Legends 2
World Tour Soccer (2005)
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT

$12
Baldur's Gate DA2
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

$15
Eye Toy Secret Agent
Genji
Samurai Warriors

$20
Midnight Club Racing 3

$30
FFXI w/HD

:psp: PSP

$7
Gretzky (2005)
MVP Baseball
SSX On Tour
THUG 2 Remix

$10
Death Jr
Frantix
Hustle
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Ridge Racer
Untold Legends: BotB

$12
Tiger Woods 06

$15
Ghost in the Shell
LOTR: Tactics
THUG 2: Remix
Wayne Gretzky's Hockey

:xbox: XBOX

$1
Catwoman

$3
007: Agent Under Fire
Amped 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
R Racing
Yourself Fitness

$5
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate
Conker
Crimson Skies
Destroy All Humans
Doom 3
Fable
Fight Night 2004
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Half-Life 2
Medal of Honor: European Assault
NBA Ballers
Pac-Man World 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Sonic Collection
Sonic Heroes
The Suffering: Ties That Bind

$6
America's Army
X-Box Live Starter Kit

$7
America's Army
Burnout: Revenge
NHL 2006
Ninja Gaiden: Black
The Warriors

$8
Top Spin

$10
007: From Russia with Love
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Forza Motorsport
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Jade Empire
KOTOR 2 (YMMV)
Mechassault 2
Midway 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
The Urbs
Top Spin
X-Box Live 12 Months & Crimson Skies

***UPDATED THROUGH PAGE 6***

[quote name='suko_32']Um...this is kinda weird but you know those 12 month Xbox live cards with the pouch? They were $4.99 at my sears about 2-3 weeks ago and I grabbed two (of two!). It wasn't $4.99 in the computer, but it was clearly stickered $4.99. This might have been a price mistake.[/quote]

I just had those price-checked yesterday and they came up at $49.99, so it was probably a huge mistake. You are very, very lucky.

Now I have to go and check Sears! AAArrrgghhh!! All these sales are killing the wallet!! I do know where a Sears is that has a TON of games though, the bottom of their cases are Full of games all stacked with spine up!!

I checked the tiny clearance bin at my Sears and pulled out every PS2 title to check the prices. Of the maybe 2 dozen titles I checked, only 1 of them was under $10 ($9.99), so I didn't buy anything. It would've been nice to find some of the cheaper games mentioned.

The 1 $9.99 title was Silent Hill 4: The Room, but since I recently got that for the PC for $6 (not yet opened) I didn't think it was worth spending $10 for the PS2 version instead. I'm hoping the PC Logitech gamepad I got will let me play the PC version OK.

Picked up:

Suffering: Ties (XB) - $5
Sonic Heroes GH (PS2) - $5
X-Men Legends 2 (PS2) - $10
MGS3 (PS2) - $10
Donkey Konga 2 w/o Bongos (GCN) - $10
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT (PS2) - $10

[quote name='evilmax17']Picked up:

Suffering: Ties (XB) - $5
Sonic Heroes GH (PS2) - $5
X-Men Legends 2 (PS2) - $10
MGS3 (PS2) - $10
Donkey Konga 2 w/o Bongos (GCN) - $10
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT (PS2) - $10[/quote]

You can pick up YuYu at CC for cheaper than $10.

I went to 2 Sears and both had Feel the Magic DS at $20. I was able to score War of Mosters PS2 for $10 not $5.00 as listed. And Yourself Fitness Xbox one store had it at $8.00 and the other had it for $6.00
I have available for TRADING ONLY
Xbox Live Kit w/Crimson Skies
Meteos DS
Advance Wars DS
Yourself Fitness
Star Ocean Til the End of Time (not GH)

Here's what I'm looking for

Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6
Mario Tennis

Please messege me if interested.

Picked up a copy of Star Ocean: Til the End of Time (Non-GH) today.

The cardboard has seen some better days, but I'm REALLY picky, so it might be okay for someone else.

I still would like one if anyone can find one in mint/near mint condition.

Anyway, if anyone wants to trade for this one, let me know.

I also have a copy of Meteos DS for trade, and an open but mint copy of The Warriors (XBOX) for trade as well.

Thanks,
Steve

Picked up Namco Battle Museum PSP 9.97
Kirby GCN 4.97
Zelda 4 Swords (with GBA cable!) 9.97

saw Urbz DS
SSX PSP
R Racer PSP
Sonic Heroes and others might go back for SSX

I found the x box life 12 month kit with the head set and crimson skies for 9.97, I also grabbed harru Potter and the Sorcerer's stone for the GC for 9.97, and found one FFXI w/ HDD for 49.99

I picked up:

Untold Legends: BotB - $9.97
Namco Museum Battle Collection - $9.97
SSX On Tour - $6.97
Death Jr. - $9.99

I picked up:

Untold Legends: BotB - $9.97
Namco Museum Battle Collection - $9.97
SSX On Tour - $6.97
Death Jr. - $9.99

I did see Samurai Jack for PS2 for $9.99 (or less). I may pick it up even though I don't own a PS2. I'll probably get a system for cheap when the PS3 comes out.

At the Sears in the Paramus Park Mall in NJ, they had a stack of the first Sly Cooper game for $10 each. The best part was, they are all the pre-GH verison with the original cover art for all you collectors.

I went to the Sears Essentials which used to be a Kmart in El Monte, CA. I picked up a Xbox live kit ($10), Ninja Gaiden Black ($7), and Half Life 2 ($5). I left behind 2 XBOX live kits, R Racing XBOX ($5), Warriors XBOX ($7), Suffering XBOX ($5), there was probably some other stuff lying around but I didn't have time to look.

I hadn't been there since it was a Kmart and it has improved greatly. Its much cleaner, the employees seem friendlier, and the shelf tags showed the corect price for all the games.

star ocean till the end of time for 13 flat, yay nay? it was w/ the original box and cover art.

they had a few DS games left, like metroid pinball for 17 something and pacman/monsterhouse/whack a mole/etc

[quote name='rly723']anyone able to get SSX on tour or Virtua Tennis both for PSP?[/quote]

I got SSX for the PSP, it was $6.97

Advance wars ds shows $17.47 in my store. Other games I got show the same price as in the original post.

Also saw a bunch of Tekken Tag Tournament labelled as $7.47, didn't actually try to scan, though.

if anyone can get a copy of Suffering Ties that Bind, Astro Boy and ICO from this sears deal lemme know im big time interested in those 3.

Thanks for all the updates I ended up finding a lone copy of Mortal Kombat Deception at Sears today for $5.

Also saw Ratchet & Clank clearanced at 4.97 which I'm would have surely bought if I didn't have it.

Went back today and got my $5 bucks back on Death, Jr. I spent $15 on it earlier last week. Also grabbed SSX PSP and The Warriors on Xbox for $7 each...didn't see Ridge Racer PSP or Ninja Gaiden Black but I'll be checking back later.

I love how organized this Sears is...they stack different games in the same row in the case so it's hard as hell to tell what's in there. So I either have to peer around the case if they're on the end or get the clerk to come over so I can page through the middle stacks. It does make for some hidden treasures that nobody else would see and grab. Also helps when a game is marked $50 - $30 and it's really $7. :D

I found only FF:CC $4.98 and Pikmin 2 (PC) $9.98 @Arlington, TX. I'd really liked to find ICO :bomb:. Oh well I'm gonna find it sooner or later for $10 or less.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Picked up a copy of Star Ocean: Til the End of Time (Non-GH) today.

The cardboard has seen some better days, but I'm REALLY picky, so it might be okay for someone else.

I still would like one if anyone can find one in mint/near mint condition.

Anyway, if anyone wants to trade for this one, let me know.

I also have a copy of Meteos DS for trade, and an open but mint copy of The Warriors (XBOX) for trade as well.

Thanks,
Steve[/QUOTE]

I really want Meteos for the DS! Are you selling or just trading?

I was at my local Sears Essentials 2 days ago and found a copy of :gba: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. However, when the cashier rang it up, the item was not found in their system. After about 10-15 minutes explaining that maybe it was on clearance (manager already left) and might be around $5, I just asked for a rain check. The cashier explained that she could not sell it to me since it was not in their system, and would have to wait for a manager approval.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else dealt with something similar to this incident, and what the end result was. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I was at my local Sears Essentials 2 days ago and found a copy of :gba: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. However, when the cashier rang it up, the item was not found in their system. After about 10-15 minutes explaining that maybe it was on clearance (manager already left) and might be around $5, I just asked for a rain check. The cashier explained that she could not sell it to me since it was not in their system, and would have to wait for a manager approval.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else dealt with something similar to this incident, and what the end result was. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience with Final Fantasy Tactics, after about 15 mins trying to find the item in the system the manager went to the shelf and picked up Final Fantasy 4 and said to the cashier ring it up as that. Since it was $29.99 I ended up not getting the game.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I was at my local Sears Essentials 2 days ago and found a copy of :gba: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. However, when the cashier rang it up, the item was not found in their system. After about 10-15 minutes explaining that maybe it was on clearance (manager already left) and might be around $5, I just asked for a rain check. The cashier explained that she could not sell it to me since it was not in their system, and would have to wait for a manager approval.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else dealt with something similar to this incident, and what the end result was. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

yup, and with the same game. I remember a CAG-er said they got it for under a $1 so I flipped when I saw it. It wasn't in the system, blah, blah, mananger eventually said he'd sell it to me for $9.99 since many of the other clearance games were that price. I really wanted it for a $1, but I couldn't complain getting it for that price either.

Same experience same game, I didn't even know there was the clearance and I had just decided I might pick the game up. Went to the register and it wouldn't show up in their system. A couple of the employees talked to each other and I think I heard one of them say to just give it to me for a penny but I don't think the manager wanted to do that so she said she would look into it and that they would call me. I gave them my number but they never called me back and I've been back to that sears and haven't seen the game again.

My Sears had a rack of mostly PS2 and Xbox games that were "$19.99 or less" and the rest of their stock was all locked up in glass cases. There were some decent deals (mostly $9.97) in the clearance rack. I did find the Urbz for DS for $5.97. I almost didn't ask them to open up the cases since there didn't seem to be any sale games in there (although it was hard to tell with everything just piled up in there). But when I got inside, I found:

Feel the Magic (DS) for $9.98
Death Junior (PSP) for $9.98
Xbox live 12 month subscription with headset and Crimson Skies for $9.98

The Xbox Live box was marked $39.98 (and that was supposedly a clearance price) but I asked for a price check and I'm glad I did. I was able to convert the account over for my 360, although I had to make a new gamertag separate from my old one. I don't really mind, since I hadn't done much with the old tag, but is there a way to actually use these old Xbox Live cards to add time to an existing Xbox Live account that was created on the 360?

I think I'm going to go back tomorrow, because I think I overlooked some things judging from people's posts.

Kinda late, I just saw that there's a 10% off VIP instore coupon on Sears.com for today only 6-9pm. I live in CA so I could probably still use it but I'm too tired, and my closest Sears doesnt have anything left.

[quote name='stalfosking']I gave them my number but they never called me back and I've been back to that sears and haven't seen the game again.[/quote]
Yeah same here. They never called me back either. I'm thinking they might have trashed it, or another employee picked it up when it was back in their system.

Oh well. Thanks for all the replies. I think that cleared it up for me.

two questions:

Zelda: 4 Swords, is this the one in the big box?
Mortal Kombat: Deception, is this a double-pack case?

Yourself Fitness rang-up $5.97 for me.

[quote name='speedy05']two questions:

Zelda: 4 Swords, is this the one in the big box?
Mortal Kombat: Deception, is this a double-pack case?

Yourself Fitness rang-up $5.97 for me.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed on Zelda with cable in big bix for 9.97

MK: Decpn I would assume it is single disc sonce that was all my sears had and it was hand marked as 4.97

Got lucky today at my Sears and snagged a Mario Party 6 for 11.97 (I KNOW this wasnt there last week)

[quote name='zman73']Confirmed on Zelda with cable in big bix for 9.97

MK: Decpn I would assume it is single disc since that was all my sears had and it was hand marked as 4.97

Got lucky today at my Sears and snagged a Mario Party 6 for 11.97 (I KNOW this wasnt there last week)[/QUOTE]

thanks.

If anyone can get Mario Party 5 or 6 I'd trade it for Zelda.

[quote name='icruise']I was able to convert the account over for my 360, although I had to make a new gamertag separate from my old one. I don't really mind, since I hadn't done much with the old tag, but is there a way to actually use these old Xbox Live cards to add time to an existing Xbox Live account that was created on the 360?[/quote]

I and a bunch of other CAGs have added time to current account with no problems. There was a topic about that about a week ago.

You must have done something wrong.

[quote name='SniperREX']I and a bunch of other CAGs have added time to current account with no problems. There was a topic about that about a week ago.

You must have done something wrong.[/QUOTE]
Well I guess so. You used the old Xbox Live cards and not the Xbox 360 ones, right? As I say, I had really only used my previous account to play some Xbox Live Arcade games, so all I lost were a few Accomplishments that I don't care about (luckily, the games I purchased are accessible to any account on my console).

Anyway, I stopped by Sears again today (Champaign, IL) armed with a list of the things that other people have bought. They only had one guy working the whole electronics department, so it took quite a while to get everything (although he was nice enough to open the cases one at a time and just leave me there to look through the stuff, since it was just all piled up).

They had quite a lot of stuff, actually, and every game I checked scanned at the price that people here said they found them for. I don't think there's anything new here, but it just goes to show that these deals are out there. I bought:

Metroid Prime Pinball (DS) - $17.97 (tagged correctly)
Astroboy (GBA) - $9.97 (no price tag)
Donkey Konga (with bongos) - $24.97 (no price tag)
Kirby Airride (Gamecube) - $4.97 (marked $9.97)
Pikmin 2 (Gamecube)- $9.97 (tagged correctly)
KOTOR 2 (Xbox)- $9.97 (marked $49.99)
Mortal Kombat: Deception (PS2) - $4.97 (tagged correctly)
Sonic Heroes (PS2) - $4.97 (tagged correctly)

I also saw but didn't buy a fair number of other titles on the list, although nothing "huge" like Meteos or Ico. Mostly $9.97 PS2 and Xbox titles. I believe they had one more Donkey Konga, and a few of the $4.97 titles as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back