Sears Clearance Thread Summer 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

[quote name='PigeonSt']Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though...[/quote]

This is true of most Sears stores. If they happen to have anything left it's likely to be $10 or less by now. Everything else is out of the system and will likely ring up as: Video Game, and is stickered $10 or $15, just like the games at Kmart that went out of the system.

Since the previous "weird Sears clearance thread" is a bit outdated and a bit difficult to read, I decided to go ahead and make a new clearance thread to follow in the same format as the infamous Target clearance threads.

From the previous thread: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76977
[quote name='Snake2715']
Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!
[/quote]
* I just want to say how much dick the posters on fat wallet enjoy sucking, for we all know this will undoubtedly get reposted over there word-for-word, with no credit to the CAG community

** All games listed below are games that I have seen, or have seen posted recently in the previous thread, I will continue to update the list as required.

*** Please attempt to post all additions as follows:

Game - System - Price
ex: Conker - Xbox - $5

**** Prices are obviously YMMV, I have listed the lowest known price, however prices may be double or half the listed price, depending on your luck.

***** My current theory is that the games marked with a "Jun" clearance sticker are actually now 1/2 price at most stores, "Jul" clearance games may drop again in September, while the "Aug" clearance games are naturally up to date.

******Prices seem to be dropping again as we near September, the actual price in some cases my now be 40% less than the listed price.

AUGUST 2006

:gc: GC

$2
F-Zero GX

$3
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Zelda: 4 Swords

$5
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Metroid Prime
Nintendo Bongos w/o game
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

$8
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

$9
Donkey Konga 2: w/o bongos

$10
Custom Robo
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat: w/o bongos
Frogger: Ancient Shadows *Not a clearance title*
Harry Potter: Azkaban
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Mario Tennis
Tiger Woods 2005

$12
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

$15
Baten Kaitos
Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga w/Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 w/Bongos
Geist

:gba: GBA

$2
Castlevania Classic
Metroid Classic

$5
Elf
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario Pinball

$7
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

$8
Mario Vs Donkey Kong

$10
Astroboy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
WarioWare Twisted

$15
-

$18
Super Mario Advance 4

:ds: DS

$5
Feel the Magic
Pac-Pix
Ridge Racer
The Urbz

$7
Pokemon Dash
Meteos

$8
Advance Wars

$10
Metroid Pinball
Pac n Roll
Seaworld: Shamu

$15
Trace Memory

:ps2: PS2

$3
Ace Combat 4
SSX Tricky

$5
Astro Boy
Batman Begins
Destroy All Humans
Gran Turismo 3
ICO
Karoake Revolution 2
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Rachet and Clank
Rainbow Six 3
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Suffering Ties that Bind
Taiko Drum Master
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus
War of the Monsters

$7
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Spiderman 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

$10
Alias
Call of Duty 2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII YMMV!!!
Eye Toy Groove
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Samurai Jack
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Sly Cooper
Spartan: Total Warrior
X-Men Legends 2
World Tour Soccer (2005)
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT

$12
Baldur's Gate DA2
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

$15
Eye Toy Secret Agent
Genji
Samurai Warriors

$20
Midnight Club Racing 3

$30
FFXI w/HD

:psp: PSP

$7
Gretzky (2005)
MVP Baseball
SSX On Tour
THUG 2 Remix

$10
Death Jr
Frantix
Hustle
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Ridge Racer
Untold Legends: BotB

$12
Tiger Woods 06

$15
Ghost in the Shell
LOTR: Tactics
THUG 2: Remix
Wayne Gretzky's Hockey

:xbox: XBOX

$1
Catwoman

$3
007: Agent Under Fire
Amped 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
R Racing
Yourself Fitness

$5
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate
Conker
Crimson Skies
Destroy All Humans
Doom 3
Fable
Fight Night 2004
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Half-Life 2
Medal of Honor: European Assault
NBA Ballers
Pac-Man World 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Sonic Collection
Sonic Heroes
The Suffering: Ties That Bind

$6
America's Army
X-Box Live Starter Kit

$7
America's Army
Burnout: Revenge
NHL 2006
Ninja Gaiden: Black
The Warriors

$8
Top Spin

$10
007: From Russia with Love
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Forza Motorsport
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Jade Empire
KOTOR 2 (YMMV)
Mechassault 2
Midway 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
The Urbs
Top Spin
X-Box Live 12 Months & Crimson Skies

***UPDATED THROUGH PAGE 6***

I picked up some games today that I'd be willing to sell for what I paid, plus shipping ($4.50):

Star Ocean: Til the End of Time - $11.97 (box is slightly worn around the edges, but still sealed and in reasonably good shape)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - $9.97
Metroid Prime 2 (2 copies) - $9.97

I'm also looking for a copy of Kirby's Air Ride. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. I'm on vacation this week, so it may be a day or two before I get back to you.

I saw a Gamecube GBA player at Sears today, tagged at 59.99. I didn't bother to get it price checked, anyone know if these are reduced? This store still had the PS2 HDD marked at 99.99 so they're not exactly up to date.

[quote name='PigeonSt']It looked like the Sears in Westland, MI was shutting down their game section. There were no systems or new games for sale, only a bin with clearanced games. I didn't find anything I was looking for (ie, mario vs dk, kirby amazing mirror, and ico).[/quote]

That's because I raided that store before creating this thread! Didn't get any of those games though, nor did I see any of them besides Kirby.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']That's because I raided that store before creating this thread! Didn't get any of those games though, nor did I see any of them besides Kirby.[/quote]
Well, I don't think you singlehandedly made them decide to eliminate video game sales from their store completely, but maybe ;)

[quote name='dinovelvet']I saw a Gamecube GBA player at Sears today, tagged at 59.99. I didn't bother to get it price checked, anyone know if these are reduced? This store still had the PS2 HDD marked at 99.99 so they're not exactly up to date.[/QUOTE]
My store had about a half a dozen of these with no price on them, but I didn't get a chance to get them to check it for me. If anyone gets a chance, post the price here.

Did a lot of Xbox360 owners buy these kits just for the subscription card? If so, anyone want to let go of the communication puck/headset to a regular Xbox user? PM me please!

got a couple of GCN games: got the Donkey Konga 2 with Bongos for $25 (sticker was $50); and also picked up Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3 Night of the Quinkan for 10 bucks altho don't know if this was a clearance. clearance price stickers that i saw were pink, like DK2 w/o Bongos had pink sticker for $17.xx but scanned at $8.xx.

[quote name='deadtrees']At Morrestown NJ:
Ninja Gaiden Black :xbox: $6.97
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 :xbox: $2.97[/quote]

I assume you got the 12 month Xbox live starter kit that was there, right? Saw it for $39 a few weeks ago. (You do mean Moorestown Mall, right?)

Went to Sears in Kokomo, Indiana today only to find that they don't carry games... what a pity. I did find something else rather interesting in the area, but it's very YMMV at this point, if however, I'm right on this, expect a new thread on Monday.

I went to the Sears in Blasdell, NY looking for an extra pair of Nintendo bongos. They had a couple sets, but they scanned at $29.99... D'oh!

Checked out another Store today and found they had Mario Golf GBA, but the upc did not come up. I told the cashier it was clearanced and she called the manager and he said $19.99, so I quickly turned down.

I was in Cincinnati yesterday for work, and I stopped by a Sears in, and forgive me if this isn't the right name, Tri-County Mall. They still had a ton of games left including about 5 copies of Metroid classic NES edition for $2.00 a piece.

Not only that, but it looks like prices may have been slashed another 50% on some games. I bought Prince of Persia: Warrior Within for PS2 and Destroy All Humans for PS2 for $5 a piece. They already had the pinkish clearance sticker on them that had a price of $10.

I'm going to swing by the Sears in Livonia mall today to test the further price drop theory, but I think it might be a let down. Pictures at 7.

I checked the sears in bowie maryland. couple ds and cube games worth picking up but I already had them all. Everything else was cleared out.

[quote name='Sauza12']
I'm going to swing by the Sears in Livonia mall today to test the further price drop theory, but I think it might be a let down. Pictures at 7.[/quote]

If it's Livonia, MI, then the Horse has already trotted on through that Sears. There was some good stuff left, but that was a few weeks ago.

SSX on tour (PSP) $7
MVP Baseball (PSP) $7
Namco Museum (PSP) $10
America's Army (XBOX) $6
Pokemon Dash (DS) $7

Sadly, Untold Legend is OOS :(
Happy ending for me :)

does anyone know if Feel the Magic (DS) is also on SEARS' clearance?
coz i saw copies of it in the clearance bin. hopefully they're not misplaced or not. it didn't even had price stickers.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']If it's Livonia, MI, then the Horse has already trotted on through that Sears. There was some good stuff left, but that was a few weeks ago.[/quote]
Yeah I found that out the hard way today.

Did pick up Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets for Gamecube for a friend for 3 bucks, though.

[quote name='PigeonSt']Yeah I found that out the hard way today.

Did pick up Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets for Gamecube for a friend for 3 bucks, though.[/quote]

:D Don't fret, I've been at this for quite awhile now, in the future I'll pick up games for you too.

got sonic heroes(PS2) and MK:D (PS2) for $5; Castlevania legacy of darkness came out to $20 bucks though here at sears fremont cali

weird. i checked online and it says the sears i went to had death jr in stock and available for in store pickup. i went to the store and couldnt find it in the case. i got a couple games yesterday, but all the PSP games i checked today were 19.99 and up.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']:D Don't fret, I've been at this for quite awhile now, in the future I'll pick up games for you too.[/quote]

To be honest, I didn't even know there was a Sears there before!

Funny story though, I checked out at a main counter instead of the electronics counter, and the lady didn't disable the security device inside, so when I went to leave the security alarm went off. I waited for someone to come over so they could see I wasn't shoplifting, but no one did. I tried to go out a second time, the alarm goes off again. No one's coming. Third time I just keep going. People were looking at me and everything.

All for a three dollar Harry Potter game.

:lol:

Hackensack NJ Sears looked pretty much untouched before I got to it.

Picked up Dark Alliance 2, Donkey Konga 2 with Bongos and Mario Party 5 there last night.

They had a lot of stuff left including SSX for PSP, Fire Emblem and a bunch of Custom Robo's and most of the Xbox list, except Kotor2 which is what i really wanted.

If you are in the area, I suggest checking it out.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']If it's Livonia, MI, then the Horse has already trotted on through that Sears. There was some good stuff left, but that was a few weeks ago.[/quote]

I didn't get a chance to stop by there yesterday, but the last time I was there (a week ago maybe?) there were still 4 or 5 games I was thinking about getting. I'm not expecting much from any Sears that's left at this point though. ;)

I managed to get:

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror GBA (2 copies) - $6.97
The Urbz: Sims in the City DS (2 copies) - $5.97
Mario Party 6 (2 copies) - $11.97
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls GBA - $4.97
Metroid Classic GBA - $1.97

They also had about 6 copies of Final Fantasy Tactics for GBA, but it would scan as 'Item not found' so they would not sell it to me and said they would all be sent back to the manufacturer.

Others I had price checked were:

Trace Memory DS - $11.97
Feel the Magic DS - $9.99

I will wait to see if those drop anymore before buying them.

[quote name='jalu6']Hackensack NJ Sears looked pretty much untouched before I got to it.

Picked up Dark Alliance 2, Donkey Konga 2 with Bongos and Mario Party 5 there last night.

They had a lot of stuff left including SSX for PSP, Fire Emblem and a bunch of Custom Robo's and most of the Xbox list, except Kotor2 which is what i really wanted.

If you are in the area, I suggest checking it out.[/QUOTE]

Did they have any more copies of MP5? The one I went to had Fire Emblem:Sacred Stones but as others have mentioned, it came up as not file and they would not sell it to me. I did get extra copies of Sly Cooper (original, NON-GH), Astro Boy (PS2) and Zelda:Wind Waker if anyone is interested in them.

I'll run back tomorrow after work to see if they had any more copies of MP5 or MP6 since that seems to be the two games everyone is looking for. I was surprised because this Sears seemned to have a much larger GC selection than Xbox or PS2.

[quote name='jalu6']I'll run back tomorrow after work to see if they had any more copies of MP5 or MP6 since that seems to be the two games everyone is looking for. I was surprised because this Sears seemned to have a much larger GC selection than Xbox or PS2.[/QUOTE]

I'd buy or trade for one or both, thanks.

I still have the following for trade:

Meteos DS (sealed)

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (Non-GH version) (sealed)

Warriors, The (XBOX) (opened by me; mint - played once)

I would REALLY like to trade the Star Ocean for another Star Ocean.

I'm really picky about condition, and although the cardboard slip cover is in good condition, it's not up to MY standards.

If anyone has a minty one and doesn't care about the slipcover, I'd be glad to trade.

Mine is new, but I would trade for an opened, mint copy (must have mint cardboard slip cover and be complete.)

Anyway, if anyone wants to trade - just shoot me a message.

Thanks,
Steve

I FINALLY found a Sears with a copy of Taiko in stock, but it was already out of the (#&%(&% system. It kept coming up 'item not found' or some other jolly crap. I know in the prior clearance thread, it was listed as $4.97.

This same Sears also had a big rack with most of the clearanced games on it. Only other game worth mentioning(IMO) was Suffering:TTB for $4.97.

However, at the same mall where this Sears was(Stroud Mall, Stroudsburg Pennsylvania), I nabbed a copy of each of the new penny guides from EB. Or rather, the ones they had in stock(GUN and Marvel Nemesis).

Good stuff, hit three Sears and managed to snag a copy of Ninja Gaiden Black and the big box LoZ: Four Swords, which were mostly the two games I was hoping for.

I think I saw one copy of SSX PSP left, but I passed on it since I didn't know if it was any good. Anyone have any opinions on it(I haven't played a SSX game before FWIW).

Speaking of the PS2 Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, I picked up a copy a day ago at Sears. It's the Collector's double-disc Edition in cardboard; the box slipcase is a bit worn, but it rang up as 11.97, down from 49.99.

Tp those who care to reply, does that seem like a good deal to you?

I picked up the following:

Pikmin 2 GC $10
Meteos DS $7 :D
Trace Memory DS $15
Jade Empire XB $10

They had:

Death Jr PSP $10
Advance Wars DS $17
Yourself Fitness XB $7

They had a bunch more stuff in a bin without prices. Nothing that blew my mind enough to ask them to scan though.

Thanks OP!

I picked up the following today:

Sonic Collection(XBOX-Original-Black Label) $4.97
Sonic Heroes(XBOX-Original-Black Label) $4.97
Spiderman 2(XBOX-Original-Black Label)
Metroid Prime 2-$9.99
LOZ: Four Swords(In box w/cable)-$9.99
WarioWare Twisted-$9.99
Midway Arcade 2(XBOX)-$2.97
Warriors(XBOX)-$6.97
SSX on Tour(PSP)-$6.97
XBOX Live 12-month Starter Kit w/Crimson Skies-$9.97