Sears Clearance Thread Summer 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

[quote name='PigeonSt']Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though...[/quote]

This is true of most Sears stores. If they happen to have anything left it's likely to be $10 or less by now. Everything else is out of the system and will likely ring up as: Video Game, and is stickered $10 or $15, just like the games at Kmart that went out of the system.

Since the previous "weird Sears clearance thread" is a bit outdated and a bit difficult to read, I decided to go ahead and make a new clearance thread to follow in the same format as the infamous Target clearance threads.

From the previous thread: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76977
[quote name='Snake2715']
Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!
[/quote]
* I just want to say how much dick the posters on fat wallet enjoy sucking, for we all know this will undoubtedly get reposted over there word-for-word, with no credit to the CAG community

** All games listed below are games that I have seen, or have seen posted recently in the previous thread, I will continue to update the list as required.

*** Please attempt to post all additions as follows:

Game - System - Price
ex: Conker - Xbox - $5

**** Prices are obviously YMMV, I have listed the lowest known price, however prices may be double or half the listed price, depending on your luck.

***** My current theory is that the games marked with a "Jun" clearance sticker are actually now 1/2 price at most stores, "Jul" clearance games may drop again in September, while the "Aug" clearance games are naturally up to date.

******Prices seem to be dropping again as we near September, the actual price in some cases my now be 40% less than the listed price.

AUGUST 2006

:gc: GC

$2
F-Zero GX

$3
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Zelda: 4 Swords

$5
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Metroid Prime
Nintendo Bongos w/o game
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

$8
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

$9
Donkey Konga 2: w/o bongos

$10
Custom Robo
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat: w/o bongos
Frogger: Ancient Shadows *Not a clearance title*
Harry Potter: Azkaban
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Mario Tennis
Tiger Woods 2005

$12
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

$15
Baten Kaitos
Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga w/Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 w/Bongos
Geist

:gba: GBA

$2
Castlevania Classic
Metroid Classic

$5
Elf
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario Pinball

$7
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

$8
Mario Vs Donkey Kong

$10
Astroboy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
WarioWare Twisted

$15
-

$18
Super Mario Advance 4

:ds: DS

$5
Feel the Magic
Pac-Pix
Ridge Racer
The Urbz

$7
Pokemon Dash
Meteos

$8
Advance Wars

$10
Metroid Pinball
Pac n Roll
Seaworld: Shamu

$15
Trace Memory

:ps2: PS2

$3
Ace Combat 4
SSX Tricky

$5
Astro Boy
Batman Begins
Destroy All Humans
Gran Turismo 3
ICO
Karoake Revolution 2
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Rachet and Clank
Rainbow Six 3
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Suffering Ties that Bind
Taiko Drum Master
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus
War of the Monsters

$7
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Spiderman 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

$10
Alias
Call of Duty 2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII YMMV!!!
Eye Toy Groove
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Samurai Jack
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Sly Cooper
Spartan: Total Warrior
X-Men Legends 2
World Tour Soccer (2005)
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT

$12
Baldur's Gate DA2
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

$15
Eye Toy Secret Agent
Genji
Samurai Warriors

$20
Midnight Club Racing 3

$30
FFXI w/HD

:psp: PSP

$7
Gretzky (2005)
MVP Baseball
SSX On Tour
THUG 2 Remix

$10
Death Jr
Frantix
Hustle
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Ridge Racer
Untold Legends: BotB

$12
Tiger Woods 06

$15
Ghost in the Shell
LOTR: Tactics
THUG 2: Remix
Wayne Gretzky's Hockey

:xbox: XBOX

$1
Catwoman

$3
007: Agent Under Fire
Amped 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
R Racing
Yourself Fitness

$5
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate
Conker
Crimson Skies
Destroy All Humans
Doom 3
Fable
Fight Night 2004
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Half-Life 2
Medal of Honor: European Assault
NBA Ballers
Pac-Man World 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Sonic Collection
Sonic Heroes
The Suffering: Ties That Bind

$6
America's Army
X-Box Live Starter Kit

$7
America's Army
Burnout: Revenge
NHL 2006
Ninja Gaiden: Black
The Warriors

$8
Top Spin

$10
007: From Russia with Love
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Forza Motorsport
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Jade Empire
KOTOR 2 (YMMV)
Mechassault 2
Midway 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
The Urbs
Top Spin
X-Box Live 12 Months & Crimson Skies

***UPDATED THROUGH PAGE 6***

Huh, KOTOR 2 for $5... the local Sears here had about 10 of them, maybe I'll check it out. Hopefully someone didn't clean them out.

Where the freak did my copy of Mario Tennis go? I've been wating for it to drop for a year. Go there today and it's non-existant. Oh well.

went to my sears and didnt find any ridge racers but did pick up ssx on tour for psp for $7. feel the magic for nintendo ds was still $10 but i'm hoping that it will go down in price even more. did any other fellow CAGs find feel the magic for less than $10?

[quote name='Roufuss']Huh, KOTOR 2 for $5... the local Sears here had about 10 of them, maybe I'll check it out. Hopefully someone didn't clean them out.[/quote]

I was at the St. Pete location earlier today, and they had two copies left. I wouldn't wait too long if you want to get one.

[quote name='elmyra']I was at the St. Pete location earlier today, and they had two copies left. I wouldn't wait too long if you want to get one.[/QUOTE]

Tommorrow morning I'll be there ;)

Do you know what else they had? Shoot me a PM because I probably won't check this thread often enough. Did they have any PSP games left or anything like that?

It's weird to think there are only two KOTOR 2's left, they had like 8 of them before. Oh well, it'll be cool if I get it but I'll live if I don't.

[quote name='kdelane']went to my sears and didnt find any ridge racers but did pick up ssx on tour for psp for $7. feel the magic for nintendo ds was still $10 but i'm hoping that it will go down in price even more. did any other fellow CAGs find feel the magic for less than $10?[/quote]

I almost bought a copy of the game, despite that I've had it before. But when I found out the price is still $10, I put it back. I still like my deal on getting Advance Wars for $7.97. Wish they had had more copies for me to buy.

its amazing how ridicuosly cheap these games are. kinda makes u just want to buy the games just to keep sealed for a collection.
i'm gonna hit up some other sears around the bay area and look for some CAGs

[quote name='kdelane']its amazing how ridicuosly cheap these games are. kinda makes u just want to buy the games just to keep sealed for a collection.
i'm gonna hit up some other sears around the bay area and look for some CAGs[/QUOTE]

lol, don't do it. I knew the feeling, shit I still do it from time to time, but you'll end up with a room full of games that aren't doing anything but taking up space. And if your like me, you'll be too attached to sell most of them.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']lol, don't do it. I knew the feeling, shit I still do it from time to time, but you'll end up with a room full of games that aren't doing anything but taking up space. And if your like me, you'll be too attached to sell most of them.[/QUOTE]
haha, thats what I do. This is why I have 1900+ games and I say about 1/3 of them are still sealed. I will never have the time to play ALL the games I have ever.

[quote name='kdelane']its amazing how ridicuosly cheap these games are. kinda makes u just want to buy the games just to keep sealed for a collection.
i'm gonna hit up some other sears around the bay area and look for some CAGs[/quote]
nothing on peninsula side, Hillsdale & Tanforan.
vallco location has low on DS, no change on prices either
oakridge, mostly nothing new, from last may stuff.
your best bet would be east bay locations.

If you do it you have lots of tradebait which means you can trade for games you really want, also you can also sell the remains on ebay if all else fails, if they are games that dont sell well just put them in a lot at christmas time, someone will buy them.

Im the one with the roomful of games, and i try to play each one a little bit, and play the ones that i like a lot.

Can someone get me Ridge Racer($2) and Wario Ware Twisted($8) for me? Shoot me a PM if you can, thanks.

P.S. I pay with cash so I'll be sending first on all transactions

not in the OP:

brothers in arms: earned in blood - xbox - $10

also, saw these drops today

from russia with love - xbox - $5
harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban - gc - $5

pm'd GUN (xbox) to cc's $5 labor day weekend price, knocking it down to $2.49 :)

I made another trip this morning I had zero luck getting the price adjusted on the AWDS and ZFS I bought at $17.47 and $9.99 something about 14 days having gone by bull$%&* I will try going back later today maybe I get a more understanding employee and manager. This time they did have the new prices in their system I bought their last copies of Advance Wars DS $7.97 and The Legend of Zelda The Four Swords $2.97.:)

Picked up for trade:

(Sealed)

Meteos DS
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time PS2 (non-GH)

(Open, but played one time)

Warriors, The (XBOX)

Just let me know what you have to trade if you're interested.

Thanks,
Steve

Here are a couple not currently listed in the OP. These prices were as of Wednesday:

Zelda 2 Classic NES Series (GBA) - $1.97
MX Unleashed (XBox) - $4.97

I'm willing to bet any other Classic NES Series GBA titles are $1.97 as well.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Picked up for trade:

(Sealed)

Meteos DS
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time PS2 (non-GH)

(Open, but played one time)

Warriors, The (XBOX)

Just let me know what you have to trade if you're interested.

Thanks,
Steve[/QUOTE]

How much was the Star Ocean?

Went to my local Sears hoping to find a KOTOR II but no dice...however found and bought the following:

Prince of Persia- Sands of Time $4.97
Link 4 Swords Adventures w/ cable $2.97
Xbox Live Starter Kit w/ Crimson Skies $9.97
Donkey Konga 2 w/ bongos $9.97

Not a bad score.

F-Zero GX is also marked at $2.97 if anyone can find it. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles was $5 I think. Does anyone know if Pikmin 2 dropped down to $5 (or lower) yet. Im pretty sure I'm not gonna play it so I don't want to spend $10 on it but if it's $5 I'd probably get it to have for my collection.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Whoa.

Whoa.

Whoa.

Did you just say that Donkey Konga 2 WITH bongos is $9.97?

I'm going to Sears AGAIN tomorrow if this is true.[/quote]

Yep, I was surprised to see it too as I hadn't seen anyone mention that game at that price. My Sears only had one or I would have picked up another for trade.

Hot dam, now I gotta go back to Sears tonight and see if Donkey konga 2 rings up at $10! Also going to pick up Ridge Racer DS because for $2 I can always use another cheap game to play.

3$ zelda that rocks!!

Anyways i scored a fire emblem sacred stones for 5$!!!! It was the only game they had that was unmarked and that i knew was on clearance.

Just when I think I'm out... They pull me back in!

$10 for Donkey Konga would probably make it worth getting the other two sets that my store had, either to sell or for a 4-player simultaneous match (you can bet that doesn't happen very often!)

[quote name='advancedgamer468']F-Zero GX is also marked at $2.97 if anyone can find it. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles was $5 I think. Does anyone know if Pikmin 2 dropped down to $5 (or lower) yet. Im pretty sure I'm not gonna play it so I don't want to spend $10 on it but if it's $5 I'd probably get it to have for my collection.[/QUOTE]

Pikmin 2 scanned $7.97 2 days ago when I scanned a UPC at the price checker machine

I trotted through most of the Sears stores in Indiana, I was quite displeased to find that many simply DO NOT carry games. Uncool.

I did, however, grab 3 games in Ft. Wayne, IN including a copy of F-Zero GX, a kickass game, for my little brother, for $1.97 + tax.

I really wish I hadn't paid $34.99 for F-Zero when it first came out thinking it was a good deal and that 1st party games never drop in price. I should have waited since it seems like every store is selling it for under $5 now.

I got the last two copies of Advance Wars for 7.97 a piece. Both are for friends

It really pisses me off that my other copy I bought from them was 18.xx and the 30 day price adjustment expired 3 days prior but oh well

Edit: Polarium was 9.99 when I went to price adjust it.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I really wish I hadn't paid $34.99 for F-Zero when it first came out thinking it was a good deal and that 1st party games never drop in price. I should have waited since it seems like every store is selling it for under $5 now.[/quote]

I know somewhat what you mean, I bought F-Zero GX for $9.99 at Sears only to find a copy for $2 at K-mart. When I went back to K-mart it was already gone!

I stopped by the Fashion Place Mall Sears today and prices have definitely dropped. X-Men Legends for PS2 was $4.97
Metroid Prime Pinball for DS was $9.97
Trace Memory for DS was $9.97

This store had a Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II awhile back, but I didn't see it now. I also didn't see a Battalion Wars to price check.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Whoa.

Whoa.

Whoa.

Did you just say that Donkey Konga 2 WITH bongos is $9.97?

I'm going to Sears AGAIN tomorrow if this is true.[/QUOTE]

confirming the $10 price...picked one up today.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I really wish I hadn't paid $34.99 for F-Zero when it first came out thinking it was a good deal and that 1st party games never drop in price. I should have waited since it seems like every store is selling it for under $5 now.[/quote]

Sorry but how did you think it was a good deal? Did it have a MSRP of $50 dollars or something?

[quote name='djak1']confirming the $10 price...picked one up today.[/QUOTE]

I am so going to Sears first thing tomorrow.. that's amazing.

today at SEARS @ Tanforan Mall, San Bruno, CA:

:gc: Pikmin 2 - $7.97
:gc: Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader - $ 9.98

what's weird:
:ds: Feel The Magic - $ 19.99 :roll:

Edit 1: sorry. thanks Gaiden for reminding me.

[quote name='topnotch97']today at SEARS:

:gc: Pikmin 2 - $7.97
:gc: Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader - $ 9.98

what's weird:
:ds: Feel The Magic - $ 19.99 :roll:[/quote]

Which Sears? I checked Sears in Valley Fair and Mountain View today and came across Jade Empire and Forza for 7.97, and a few other titles at that pricepoint. Didn't see that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back