Select FYE stores are clearing out their video game stuff

wd4000

CAG Veteran
Apparently some F.Y.E is clearing out all their games. All games and hardware is now being sold at 30% off. And I mean EVERYTHING!

I talked to the employee there and she said that they are clearing out a majority of their stores of their video game stock and only carry video games in a few FYE locations.

The selection was okay, i picked up table tennis at $14, NHL 2007 at $20 and Gunstar Super Heros at $7.

Everything except Wii stuff.

This is old news, but thanks anyway.

Supposedly its going to 50% on Sept 13.

But my store has already sent it all away. :(

is there any way we can get a list of the "select" stores doing this? I could clear out two of them if I knew

Sorry didn't realize it was posted already, it would be nice to be able to search the forums for a topic to see if it was posted already.

I know in my state (washington), its all but 2.
Which 2 stores, I dunno =(

These are clearly YMMV which means theres no 'magic list' of what stores where are closing, so all of you asking "which stores in [state]?" or "which indiana" will probably have to inconvenience yourselves and take the trek outside and to the mall.

They said that there not doing too well in selling video games, so they want to just have a few stores and try to figure out this whole video game business.

So i'm assuming eventually FYE stores will be carrying games again.

The easiest thing to do is just call the FYEs in your area. Probably alot easier than driving around hoping to find one.

I'm just going to copy my score from my other post. hope that's cool.

[quote name='varsitygamer']
As I was informed, the videogame clearance began today at FYE. 30% off games and accessories, 10% of hardware... both of which stacked with the backstage pass. And so, I picked up (so far):

Gears of War (360).........59.99 - 18.00 (30%) = 41.99 - 4.20 (10%) = 37.79

Xbox Live Vision Kit.........79.99 - 24.00 (30%) = 55.99 - 5.60 (10%) = 50.39 - 15.12 (30%) = 35.27

Subtotal - $73.06
after tax (6%) - $77.44

As you can see, they applied TWO thirty percent discounts to the Xbox Live Vision Kit. They were marked differently on the receipt... one was labeled identical to the 30% discount I received on GoW, and one was labeled something to the effect of "accessory discount"... so don't ask me. Even the cashier girl was like "Ohh wow and it's on sale." I'll get a scan of the receipt up at some point if i can. And I know I didn't get a killer deal on Gears, but i had a 50 dollar gift card, which made it just over 25 bucks out of pocket. I'm not disappointed in the least, and I plan on heading back over maybe to score some live point cards while they have them.[/quote]

we have one here in PA about 5 minutes away from me. I havent been in there in AGES but i have to go to the mall Saturday anyway for an eye appointment so i might as well just stop in there and see what they have

[quote name='rainybutterfly']we have one here in PA about 5 minutes away from me. I havent been in there in AGES but i have to go to the mall Saturday anyway for an eye appointment so i might as well just stop in there and see what they have[/QUOTE]

good chance it wont be there. alot of FYE have closed down in malls.

[quote name='slidecage']good chance it wont be there. alot of FYE have closed down in malls.[/quote]
Well ours has been there for as long as i can remember, and i was just there last week and it was still there, and the store was full of everything, no empty spaces anywhere, so maybe ill get lucky.. or un-lucky and they wotn even be closing, and nothign will be on sale. :bomb:

I'll check my local mall down here in MD. Our FYE has always been pricing games $5 over the actual retail price (they sometimes go legit), hopefully the cut will apply to them as well.

My FYE still has big box PC games at like $50. These are games that list Windows 95 as a system requirement.

[quote name='Ghostmail']Does anyone know if this counts for systems as well?

.....Did FYE even carrie 360's?[/quote]I have no idea if the clearance includes hardware at the stores in question. But yes, FYE carries the game consoles, including 360s.

I need to go to stop by a FYE soon, but the closest one is a 1/2 hour drive, the only reason I go there is when I stop by this really good Japanese restraunt located in the same mall.

[quote name='Ninshadow']what about the fye near rockafellar center in nyc?[/QUOTE]

Is that a joke of a question? Not a chance in hell. "YMMV Clearances" and NYC don't go hand in hand, sorry.

[quote name='rarebucky']Is that a joke of a question? Not a chance in hell. "YMMV Clearances" and NYC don't go hand in hand, sorry.[/QUOTE]

I agree it's unlikely, but anyone actually check this?

does anyone know of any good credit builders for FYE? checked most of the stuff on the circuit city clearance without much success? any other ideas?

[quote name='wd4000']Sorry didn't realize it was posted already, it would be nice to be able to search the forums for a topic to see if it was posted already.
[/QUOTE]

That's kinda what the Search button is for.

Went to the fye in my town (fairborn, OH) they had no clue what i was talking about. Said there was no discount and refused to scan the Live Vision Kit to see if it was discounted.

[quote name='Tanis13']Went to the fye in my town (fairborn, OH) they had no clue what i was talking about. Said there was no discount and refused to scan the Live Vision Kit to see if it was discounted.[/quote]

As the op said, this isn't happening at all stores, only some.

They should have at least scanned the product though to show you the price in the system.

I just called my Sam Goody and they said their keeping at 30% off until all the games and such are gone. So at my store the deal never ends until its all gone.

My local FYE was at 30% before. I went in today, and they were marked as 50% off. It was even marked by paper signs on the store too. Picked up a bunch of new DS games like Starfox Command, Yoshi's Island Ds, and Pokemon Pearl.

My FYE was doing the same thing, selling all the games at 30% off until they were gone. And when I went in a few weeks ago they were gone! :whistle2:#

It was good while it lasted though. I wish I'd picked up a few more titles while it was still going on.

[quote name='Tanis13']Went to the fye in my town (fairborn, OH) they had no clue what i was talking about. Said there was no discount and refused to scan the Live Vision Kit to see if it was discounted.[/quote]

Refusing to scan for a price check? That's quite the dick thing to do. What you should've done is take it up to the register as if you were buying it, then if it rang up at the regular price, just walk away. :)

[quote name='soonerdoc']does anyone know of any good credit builders for FYE? checked most of the stuff on the circuit city clearance without much success? any other ideas?[/quote]

/fail

My FYE in York Pa by my college has everything 50% off. Got a black controller for 25, wireless headset for 30, and a battery pack for 5. They also had a lot of games for xbox and the 360 but none I wanted. Every other FYE I called thought I was crazy.

bread's done
Back