Shadowrun

Xavin

CAGiversary!
Just wondering if anyone else here played Shadowrun. I just got it and think it's really fun. If anyone is wanting to play, send me an add/message on LIVE. Gamertag is Xavin0.

Yeah, every time I see you assholes online, you're playing Shadowrun. I miss you people. :p

I left the Ragtag group on the board when Chase and I had our falling out. I'm rejoining pending his approval.

*goes to check Shadowrun prices*

I used to play this game online all the time, it's still one of my favourite 360 games ever. I'm not too sure how the online community fairs though.

This is probably the most underrated/under-appreciated multiplayer game on the console. I'm not completely sure if the lack of hype for the game was because of the lack of media attention (although I thought I remembered the demo doing well in terms of DLs when it came out) or just a bad release date - or both. The maps are great, the balance is great, and the weapons/buy menu are great. The only negative aspect of the game that I have ever run into is the occasional laggy match.

The multiplayer community, at least in my experience, now consists of ghetto outcasts and loud/obnoxious teenagers - which is fine as long as you roll with a group of 2-3 people. Most people you run into, however, aren't much help as I never see anyone use Resurrect or clear out dead bodies.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']

The multiplayer community, at least in my experience, now consists of ghetto outcasts and loud/obnoxious teenagers - which is fine as long as you roll with a group of 2-3 people. Most people you run into, however, aren't much help as I never see anyone use Resurrect or clear out dead bodies.[/quote]

I actually haven't had too many problems with the community except for the occasional run in with the team-killing douche bag.

As for the last part of that, that's usually all I do is Resurrect and clear out dead bodies.

I picked this game up because I loved the demo, but when I got around to playing it the only games I could seem to find were ones where I would play with people from India.

I'm all for hooking up again with this game and I have to agree with X, this is a very under-rated game. I put my request in to join Ragtag; since I'll be laid off after the 15th I'll have more time on my hands to game :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, It's a great game, especially for $15 bucks. The public community games are kinda lame (the people don't listen) but private matches are sweet. If anyone wants to, add me, or PM me your Gamertag and I'll add you.

[quote name='Xavin']Just wondering if anyone else here played Shadowrun. I just got it and think it's really fun. If anyone is wanting to play, send me an add/message on LIVE. Gamertag is Xavin0.[/quote]
Most definitely

[quote name='dkreegz515']yeah, join the ragtag group... we are awesome!!![/quote]
Agreed

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah, every time I see you assholes online, you're playing Shadowrun. I miss you people. :p
[/quote]
Dude, I haven't seen you online in months. Have you been ghosting/ninja'ing?

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']This is probably the most underrated/under-appreciated multiplayer game on the console. I'm not completely sure if the lack of hype for the game was because of the lack of media attention (although I thought I remembered the demo doing well in terms of DLs when it came out) or just a bad release date - or both. The maps are great, the balance is great, and the weapons/buy menu are great. The only negative aspect of the game that I have ever run into is the occasional laggy match.

The multiplayer community, at least in my experience, now consists of ghetto outcasts and loud/obnoxious teenagers - which is fine as long as you roll with a group of 2-3 people. Most people you run into, however, aren't much help as I never see anyone use Resurrect or clear out dead bodies.[/quote]
I think the game was just grossly under-marketed. I only heard about the game through random mentions on several podcasts well after release. I was very familiar with the cover of the game having seen it all over the place at stores (on clearance and used) but for some reason had gotten a very negative impression of the game from the game media (I can pinpoint where exactly). It was improperly viewed as a Halo wannabe in my head and turns out I like it oodles more than Halo 3.

[quote name='mvp828']I actually haven't had too many problems with the community except for the occasional run in with the team-killing douche bag.

As for the last part of that, that's usually all I do is Resurrect and clear out dead bodies.[/quote]
Yeah, it really is hit or miss. I played 2 games night before last that put me on a team with a bunch of team-killers that just stole my weapons. Before that I played with a team where our top-player kept killing me so he could carry the artifact.
Then I've played a number of games with really helpful and courteous people. In general, it seems there are often douches playing but at least there is a great Kick feature that will usually go through for douches and team-killers.

[quote name='woodcan']
Dude, I haven't seen you online in months. Have you been ghosting/ninja'ing?
[/QUOTE]

Aside from NHL and NBA league games, I haven't been on Live much. School's occupied a lot of my time for the past 2 months, and I've been playing my new Wii instead of my 360 the past couple weeks.

And Chase denied me entrance into the social group.

Shadowrun is great! The games we've played with almost all CAGs has been a ton of fun! Public matches with randoms are definitely hit or miss for me with team killers and selfish people!

Xavin, join the Ragtag Social Group found here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...php?groupid=82

There are quite a few of us that are starting to get into this game. Everyone is really cool and will be glad to pick you up for a few games as long as you are a fairly good human being and not a bag of douche.
yeah, join the ragtag group... we are awesome!!!

Agreed! :D ... and MVP, that is a great line, about being a good human being and not other stuff ... maybe we should add that to the group description! ;)

might install the pc version again for the hell of it... been forever since i played it..

anyone looking to jump on pc version.. its hella cheap at go gamer and you can play against 360

Haha ... nice self promotion! ;) ... I admit, it was a VERY good call! :D

And the game is already cheap! It's, like, 15$-Edge at GS! :) Playing against randoms can be a pain (as others have said), but if you get in with some fun people, it makes for an amazing game! :D

[quote name='Sparta Omni']There should be a specific Shadowrun group like the L4D one, or is that what that rag thing is?[/QUOTE]

Ragtag is where a bunch of friends (well, mostly friends... grr) get together to play any sort of game or series of games on any given night.

EDIT: Chase denied me again and switched the group to invite only. Apparently, his feminine traits extend to petty bitchiness and holding an immature grudge. Sad, really.

[quote name='Chase Murata']Ragtag Bunch of CAGs
Group Created by Chase

A FRIENDLY love of gaming. Please feel free to join the fun.[/quote]

LOLz. Might as well start that Shadowrun group, Omni!

Yeah, it's really fun. Enjoying it so much. As I have said, if anyone wants to play, add me.

I was going to rebuy it today, it's like £8 in GAME. I used to love it, I still do actually. Played it to death on my old gamercard (I think I was like 850 GS). My friend at college has it and he doesn't game at all so he's going to find it and give it to me.

[quote name='Matt Young']Might as well start that Shadowrun group, Omni![/quote]
Yeah, unfortunately I think that other group is way too biased to be legit. This one should be cag shadowrun players only, and anyone who plays frequently and wants to have good players on their team are able to join. I played the demo for a while when it came out and enjoyed it, but you're all right, the community is mainly a bunch of morons and I had no desire to buy it after seeing that.

Regardless, I'll try picking the game up tomorrow and we can have a legit Shadowrun group going for any CAGers and their friends/family who want to play and have fun. ;)

Alright everyone, anyone who wants to play with fellow CAGers on Shadowrun 360, can add the Gamertag ShadowrunCAG to their friends list and find other players! This will hopefully, let anyone who has been wanting some fun and legit shadowrun time, to be able to do so and not have to stress playing with a bunch of morons! If you're not added within 3 days, please PM me and I will get you on. I will check as much as possible, so no worries. If anyone if causing trouble, they will get taken off. Other than that, please have fun! :D

Sounds like a good plan, but don't let what happened here mislead you. It's the guy who moderates that group acting on a petty grudge that's the problem. The group members on the whole are not biased and in fact 99% of them are fine people- many of whom I consider to be friends- who welcome new people to play with. Please do not hold the actions of one against the group as a whole. It's not fair to them.

That's true, I meant no offense.
I just want a group anyone's able to join with no issues. If you have friends who aren't part of CAG and play Shadowrun or are willing to, they are absolutely able to as well.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']That's true, I meant no offense.
I just want a group anyone's able to join with no issues. If you have friends who aren't part of CAG and play Shadowrun or are willing to, they are absolutely able to as well.[/QUOTE]

Matt is misrepresenting the entire situation. Matt did some pretty terrible things to the guy who moderates the group. Sparta Omni, anyone is free to join ragtag gaming to have fun including you, Matt just did some pretty horrible jerky things that I and many others would find unacceptable.

It's all good man.
I'll still keep the CAG group up for those who strictly want some Shadowrun gaming. I should be getting it tomorrow or saturday and will spend some time on it this weekend, so for those who want to play some grief free multiplayer, send an invite! :D

[quote name='SeanAmI']Matt is misrepresenting the entire situation. Matt did some pretty terrible things to the guy who moderates the group. Sparta Omni, anyone is free to join ragtag gaming to have fun including you, Matt just did some pretty horrible jerky things that I and many others would find unacceptable.[/QUOTE]

In response to him doing some bad things to me first, which you left out. His was malicious; mine was a humorous retort. Regardless of whether you know what you're talking about (me) or not (Sean), it was all in the past until he, not I, decided to stir shit up again. And obviously, "anyone is free to join" is a lie, because (A) I wasn't allowed, and (B) the group is invite only and required approval before that.

[quote name='Matt Young']In response to him doing some bad things to me first, which you left out. His was malicious; mine was a humorous retort. Regardless of whether you know what you're talking about (me) or not (Sean), it was all in the past until he, not I, decided to stir shit up again. And obviously, "anyone is free to join" is a lie, because (A) I wasn't allowed, and (B) the group is invite only and required approval before that.[/QUOTE]

So putting someones information on cragslist soliciting gay sex is not malicious in anyway? He didn't let you on a podcast and you flipped the fuck out. You can't really put anyone is free to join except people with a mental imbalance on a group title.

[quote name='SeanAmI']So putting someones information on cragslist soliciting gay sex is not malicious in anyway? He didn't let you on a podcast and you flipped the fuck out. You can't really put anyone is free to join except people with a mental imbalance on a group title.[/QUOTE]

Ugh... it just keeps coming. Who's lying now? As you and everyone else who witnessed that crap knows, he didn't "not let me on a podcast". He contacted me, unsolicited, asking me to do a podcast with him. He then replaced me and recorded the show with someone else, and never had the balls to tell me. I found out when he posted it. He avoided explaining himself like a coward following the occurrence.

The Craigslist thing, I said I should do that. Never did. The fact of the matter in all this is that I moved past that a long time ago, but apparently he hasn't. The only reason I'm discussing this now is because (A) he's started up his childish behavior again by his group-related actions and (B) I have to defend myself against what you're saying. And you seem to hold grudges as well. It's funny, a lot of those same Ragtag people think you often get unnecessarily upset and hold grudges for long periods of time over the stupidest things. I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly. Just fucking shut up already and go join Chase in not posting. You drop it, and I will too.

[quote name='Matt Young']It's funny, a lot of those same Ragtag people think you often get unnecessarily upset and hold grudges for long periods of time over the stupidest things. I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly. Just fucking shut up already and go join Chase in not posting. You drop it, and I will too.[/quote]

dude matt, stop trying to hurt people and start crap, play nice with the other virtual people. And chase didnt start anything, he hasnt even posted in this whole thread. I think its understandable why he doesnt let you in the group, you never play with any of us anyway, your never online and its hard for you to play nice.

[quote name='Ow3n']dude matt, stop trying to hurt people and start crap, play nice with the other virtual people. And chase didnt start anything, he hasnt even posted in this whole thread. I think its understandable why he doesnt let you in the group, you never play with any of us anyway, your never online and its hard for you to play nice.[/QUOTE]

You're right that I'm rarely on Live anymore, but how is it "hard for me to play nice"? I'm legitimately curious as to why you said that; I am not seeking an argument with you. I was surprised to read that, because I have never once had any problem "playing nice" on Live. As for this thread, I am not trying to hurt anyone nor start anything (I'm wishing it would end). I'm simply telling the truth.

You've been around in COD parties and such where Chase and I both have been in the same game, and I didn't say a word to him. I played nice in every sense of the term. Sean, I was in a party with just a few hours ago. No conflict. I have no problem dropping things or co-existing with anyone 99% of the time; it's just that on rare occasions when things like this happen, I get justifiably irritated.

I would play if I wasn't terrible at the game, but I just can't get the hang of magic stuff, so I really don't buy any of it since it would just end up being wasted. Maybe I will end up trying it out again some night, but if it is anything like a past experience, it wouldn't be for long since I just got my ass kicked the whole time basically.

your right about my personal experiences with you on live. I was mostly talking about this thread and also how you were talking about and to sean, as it seemed malicious. And your right, we have no argument, and i think we agree that if things arent going to be resolved we should just drop it. I hope things are going better for you than the last time we played together.

the learning curve is horrible! not to mention that the people who play online are either really good or team killers. any tips for beginners?

I loved this game, I used to play it with a bunch of friends but we all stopped when FASA got shut down. Maybe I'll start playing again.

[quote name='Ow3n']the learning curve is horrible! not to mention that the people who play online are either really good or team killers. any tips for beginners?[/QUOTE]

This was my problem, I would just run into really good players basically the whole time and being new at the game, my only saving grace was that I am good at shooters. In gun fights I typically got the kill, any other time I just got crushed since I never used any magic stuff and they would teleport all around.

[quote name='CheapyD']Keep this thread on topic please. [/quote]
lol thanks Cheapy.

Yes, the learning curve is a lil' wack, and yes most public matches are kind of ruined by idiots that don't listen and are really pretty bad, but, you could get a few friends together in a party, then find a match, that's what I usually do, or, you could always set up a private match.

For beginners, I would suggest going to the mlg forums, they have a section for Shadowrun, they have a noob topic, and they have trainers there too.

[quote name='cmart05']I'd like to inquire about the gay sex ad.[/quote]
:rofl:

Also, great games last night once we got the random player-free games going with all CAGs. I think I'm starting to get the hang of the game too ;) We ended up with 4 v 4 but it would be great to one day get an 8v8 game going of all CAGs!

[quote name='Matt Young']Ugh... it just keeps coming. Who's lying now? As you and everyone else who witnessed that crap knows, he didn't "not let me on a podcast". He contacted me, unsolicited, asking me to do a podcast with him. He then replaced me and recorded the show with someone else, and never had the balls to tell me. I found out when he posted it. He avoided explaining himself like a coward following the occurrence.

The Craigslist thing, I said I should do that. Never did. The fact of the matter in all this is that I moved past that a long time ago, but apparently he hasn't. The only reason I'm discussing this now is because (A) he's started up his childish behavior again by his group-related actions and (B) I have to defend myself against what you're saying. And you seem to hold grudges as well. It's funny, a lot of those same Ragtag people think you often get unnecessarily upset and hold grudges for long periods of time over the stupidest things. I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly. Just fucking shut up already and go join Chase in not posting. You drop it, and I will too.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that just not letting you do a podcast? Nothing to get upset about. I never said I didn't hold grudges. I do get upset and do hold grudges. I don't lie about shit. So much for your not trying to hurt anyone, you're a manipulative asshole. I left NHL when you signed on for a reason. Go back to the doctor and get your issues worked out, most of the ragtag group does not play games without anymore for a reason.
/end

Im getting Shadowrun on Monday, hopefully people are still playing by that time.

I had some fun with this game when it first came out. I played with a few people like a month ago or so. I've even got the Windows Vista and 360 versions.

bread's done
Back