Sheep go to heaven, gŌTTs go to hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that the game where there's one part where a swarm of bees attacks you out in the yard or am I thinking of A Boy and His Blob? Whichever game it was, I seem to remember never getting past that part.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, I've been using the Internet before he was alive. He'll learn to deal with it.[/quote]

i was actually talking about you fucking the horse

Watching The Revolution series on the History Channel makes me feel like watching The Patriot .. and I dont mean the shitty Steven Segal movie.

EDIT: Holy shit! One of my oink files just started seeding!

burn?

[quote name='Maklershed']Watching The Revolution series on the History Channel makes me feel like watching The Patriot .. and I dont mean the shitty Steven Segal movie.[/quote]
I like that movie, gibson makes hamburger meat out of some brit in the forest w/ a hatchet.. good shit.

license to drive on encore in 20 minutes, yeahhhh.

:shock: Three oink files are now seeding. This is unprecedented. Is this just coincidence or might it have something to do with Oink switching from oink.me.uk to oink.cd?

[quote name='TFN'] license to drive on encore in 20 minutes, yeahhhh.[/quote]

Ya gotta love any movie with both Coreys in it ... especially The Lost Boys.

[quote name='shrike4242']:shock:

Well, I missed that little bit, apparently. :whistle2:s[/quote]

[quote name='shrike4242']I've been using the Internet since 1988. fuck him and the horse he rode in on.[/quote]

see?

Feeling a little bit better this morning, still shitty though. I'm wondering why my ears are ridiculously clogged up. My other symptoms include a sore throat, slightly stuffy nose, and sensitive tummy (obviously, due to me throwing up the other day, and waking up in the middle of the night last night thinking I would throw up... thankfully there was some Emetrol in the house). I also have occasional headaches and aches and pains in my legs. Anyone have any ideas, as I have to wait till tomorrow at the earliest to go to the doctor's (blasted 4th of July)?

[quote name='Brak']Yeah. They were garbage.

I recall, back in 4th grade, thinking that I broke our Packard Bell, while I was playing Hugo's House of Horrors (anyone remember that game?).

Because I didn't want to get in trouble, I hopped on my bike and ran away from home... for, like, thirty minutes. When I came home, my dad told me that the computer was a piece of shit and that it wasn't my fault.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:
Incidentally, my first computer was a Packard Bell too. How did they fucking sell when they were such pieces of shit? I blame my parents, as I was only in 3rd grade and it was an Xmas gift. I didn't have too much problems with mine though.

You know, I bet there are people out there still using Packard Bells from the early 90s running Windows 3.1 without a problem.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Feeling a little bit better this morning, still shitty though. I'm wondering why my ears are ridiculously clogged up. My other symptoms include a sore throat, slightly stuffy nose, and sensitive tummy (obviously, due to me throwing up the other day, and waking up in the middle of the night last night thinking I would throw up... thankfully there was some Emetrol in the house). I also have occasional headaches and aches and pains in my legs. Anyone have any ideas, as I have to wait till tomorrow at the earliest to go to the doctor's (blasted 4th of July)?[/quote]

Sounds like malaria. Highly doubtful it actually is though. Probably just a common virus.

I'm having no luck today. I go to put oil in the tiller, can't find the funnel. I get the tiller all set up then I notice one of the wheels coming off. Some where, some how, I lost the pin for the wheel. Then I use some metal and a stick to try to get it to work. I start the motor, the shit sounds funny. Put more gas in and runs well. The home made wheel bolt failed. :(

[quote name='Dead of Knight']
Incidentally, my first computer was a Packard Bell too. How did they fucking sell when they were such pieces of shit? I blame my parents, as I was only in 3rd grade and it was an Xmas gift. I didn't have too much problems with mine though.[/quote]

Back in the early/ mid 90's, I worked electronics at OfficeMax (eventually made supervisor of the dept - whoop-dee-doo), and I remember how PB's sold really well. (I used to try to steer people toward the Compaqs, back when they were decent machines.) PB was one of the first systems to sell with a CD-Rom below $1000. I remember the Sunday that ad broke VERY well - I still have nightmares about it. We had six systems in stock, and sold them out within ten minutes. (Four of the six machines were returned defective - hard to believe, I know.)

For the rest of the day - and week - people were pissed because we sold out so quickly. I was accused of bait-and-switch, hoarding, you name it by bored soccer moms and angry dads. Even though the system said we had no more coming in, I started a call list just to keep my own sanity. It eventually got to be something like ten pages long. At that point, I even had to tell customers "Um, there are hundreds of people ahead of you, and we never get computers replenished more than 5 or 6 at a time." and customers were still like "Do you want me to tell your manager you don't want to make a sale?" :roll:

Thanks DoK...now I'm having retail flashbacks of that place, and all the stuff is just flooding back: the haggling, explaining to my manager why having a system on an endcap in the back of the store is a bad idea - only to have someone gut the RAM and cpu out days later, the day someone made a statement by loafing on the floor of my department, the day a customer physically assaulted my manager - I had to go to court for years after that...

Speaking of being online in the late 80's (which I fear may have only been Shrike and me), does ANYONE remember something called HeroMUD? It was a text-based pre-MMORPG (Damn, I hate that term) hosted at UofM in Ann Arbor. You could be a Jedi or Green Lantern or two other jobs.

I always wondered what became of that game...

[quote name='Strell']What about Mad Maze? That was some early 1990s Compuserve shizz.[/quote]

Never did Compuserve, I was a BBS guy for a long time.

Die Hard, on 5 1/4" floppy disk, played on a Tandy 1000 with a monochrome monitor FTW!

*sigh*

Good times, good times.

Scorched Earth, Spacewar, Tradewinds (or was it Tradewars...the pirate based spice trading game), and Starcon too...

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Speaking of being online in the late 80's (which I fear may have only been Shrike and me), does ANYONE remember something called HeroMUD? It was a text-based pre-MMORPG (Damn, I hate that term) hosted at UofM in Ann Arbor. You could be a Jedi or Green Lantern or two other jobs.

I always wondered what became of that game...[/quote]
i too was online in the late 80's. i remember the very first days of AOL. my parents bought a "family" computer, and it was a PB. it had less than 100mb hdd and a 14.4k modem with a cd rom! my grandmother bought me where in the world is carmen sandiego for it.

I actually missed out on BBS because we didn't get a second computer until 1995 (Acer Aspire, yeesh), and the one before that was from 1984 or something.

However, it did let me play Zyll, a text based RPG. To this day I am pretty sure this game is impossible to win. You had to gather up some relics from an evil wizard and then (I'm pretty sure) take them to his fortress and destroy them.

A wizard with a mace just didn't cut it.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Speaking of being online in the late 80's (which I fear may have only been Shrike and me), does ANYONE remember something called HeroMUD? It was a text-based pre-MMORPG (Damn, I hate that term) hosted at UofM in Ann Arbor. You could be a Jedi or Green Lantern or two other jobs.

I always wondered what became of that game...[/quote]MUD's, the MMORPG's of their time.

[quote name='Strell']Hooray for extra hours of sleep for a holiday, for Ratatoiulle, for Chinese food, and candy.[/QUOTE]
Ratatouille was amazing. I'm surprised it only made $47 mil.

I'm starting to get ticked with the Best Buy reward zone. I have a 589 posted points balance since May 13th, but have no certs.

I called about two weeks back and the barely-english-speaking-CSR told me that I have to wait for thirty days for the certs to process. I told him "May was when I made a $40 purchase, I had 548 points as of April 26th - which is longer than 30 days. Much longer." He told me that there are millions and millions being processed and to wait a couple days. Still waiting...

Between my AAA discount and my work discounts where I can get 10% at Target and Circuit City and such, I wonder why I still waste my time with RZ...

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Ratatouille was amazing. I'm surprised it only made $47 mil.[/QUOTE]

I am surprised by that as well, given the shitstorm that was Shrek easily toppling that.

As to the movie itself, there were some parts that were undeniably astonishing, and then a few parts I didn't like.

But overall it was an incredible movie. Brad Bird needs to just have his own animation studio.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I'm starting to get ticked with the Best Buy reward zone. I have a 589 posted points balance since May 13th, but have no certs.

I called about two weeks back and the barely-english-speaking-CSR told me that I have to wait for thirty days for the certs to process. I told him "May was when I made a $40 purchase, I had 548 points as of April 26th - which is longer than 30 days. Much longer." He told me that there are millions and millions being processed and to wait a couple days. Still waiting...

Between my AAA discount and my work discounts where I can get 10% at Target and Circuit City and such, I wonder why I still waste my time with RZ...[/quote]Part of why I set mine to email me the certs instead of getting them via mail. Seems to streamline the process somewhat.

There's no reason why you shouldn't have that $10 by now.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Ratatouille was amazing. I'm surprised it only made $47 mil.[/quote]
Better than Cars? Probably.

Amazing? I think not. I'd put it on the same level as Monsters, Inc. or The Incredibles probably. Which both were solid, but were no Finding Nemo.

[quote name='shrike4242']Part of why I set mine to email me the certs instead of getting them via mail. Seems to streamline the process somewhat.

There's no reason why you shouldn't have that $10 by now.[/quote]

I am set for email, which is why I am getting ticked. I was going to use it to get RE4 for the Wii (WiiREmake4?) for $20.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I am set for email, which is why I am getting ticked. I was going to use it to get RE4 for the Wii (WiiREmake4?) for $20.[/quote]Then I'd call them up and rip them a new one, in whatever foreign tongue they have as their native tongue.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Better than Cars? Probably.

Amazing? I think not. I'd put it on the same level as Monsters, Inc. or The Incredibles probably. Which both were solid, but were no Finding Nemo.[/quote]

I liked Monsters Inc. a lot, but going to see Finding Nemo in the theater with a very pregnant wife was an intense experience - especially the start of the movie.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Better than Cars? Probably.

Amazing? I think not. I'd put it on the same level as Monsters, Inc. or The Incredibles probably. Which both were solid, but were no Finding Nemo.[/QUOTE]
Cars was poop.

I'm wondering why my right ear is so incredibly clogged. Wtf.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I am set for email, which is why I am getting ticked. I was going to use it to get RE4 for the Wii (WiiREmake4?) for $20.[/quote]
Make sure you GGC that shit too. $15? Hellooooo!

Email is bad news. Though because of email, I got something like $225 certifcates for what should have been $120. :lol:

Edit:

Preemptively Shrike'd Shrike...

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Cars was poop.

I'm wondering why my right ear is so incredibly clogged. Wtf.[/quote]
Crazy date?

Dear Penthouse...:roll::bouncy::lol:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Cars was poop.

I'm wondering why my right ear is so incredibly clogged. Wtf.[/quote]

Crazy date?

Dear Penthouse...:roll::bouncy::lol:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Make sure you GGC that shit too. $15? Hellooooo!

Email is bad news. Though because of email, I got something like $225 certifcates for what should have been $120. :lol:[/quote]

I, um, never did get a GGC. (I should be ashamed, I know.)

I will say one thing for RZ, I do seem to get extra points for getting e-certs all the time, usually 50 at a time. Now if the bloody things will actually show up...

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I, um, never did get a GGC. (I should be ashamed, I know.)
[/quote]
My BB stopped carrying GGC a long time ago. Either that or they hid them really well.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Make sure you GGC that shit too. $15? Hellooooo![/QUOTE]
I hate to tell you this, but the GGC is dead. The coupons expired at the end of last month.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I hate to tell you this, but the GGC is dead. The coupons expired at the end of last month.[/quote]

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since my ADHD seems to be full tilt today and my mind is all over the place today, here is my open letter to Life Cereal:

"Dear Life Cereal,

What the fuck, man? What happened to you? I've never been into sweet cereals, but you were always my secret pleasure. Whether with milk or without, you were a joy to have in my mouth. You were just sweet enough, but knew not to push it too far - that was special to me. I cherished it.

But, you seem like you lost it; your spark is gone. That almost-sublime sweet sugary hint has been muted - no, exorcised - from your very being! You are but a bland oat-grain shell of your former glory.

And now, I sit and stare at this super-jumbo-Costco box, and I wonder: What changed you?

I don't know you anymore. I miss you.

Deeply saddened,
-PN"

Managed to get groceries early before it got really hot outside. I picked up 5 fridge packs for $11, which should last for quite a bit. I'll have to go back out to the car later to fetch them since I wasn't going to attempt to grab them when I needed to get the cold stuff out first. I'll probably just grab them tonight when it cools off some (when it should be in the upper 80s).

I might play some more MGS2 later today now that I have a copy to replace my copy that was stolen by a mexican midget.

[quote name='dcfox']My BB stopped carrying GGC a long time ago. Either that or they hid them really well.[/quote] They never existed I tells ya. I've never seens ones at any BB I've ever beens to.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Managed to get groceries early before it got really hot outside. I picked up 5 fridge packs for $11, which should last for quite a bit. I'll have to go back out to the car later to fetch them since I wasn't going to attempt to grab them when I needed to get the cold stuff out first. I'll probably just grab them tonight when it cools off some (when it should be in the upper 80s).

I might play some more MGS2 later today now that I have a copy to replace my copy that was stolen by a mexican midget.

They never existed I tells ya. I've never seens ones at any BB I've ever beens to.[/quote]

I've used at least 3, if not more. I gave 2 of them to a friend for his 40th (20 on each)... I don't think he ever used them though! Bastard! Some CAG he is! :roll::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back