Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 (PS2) w/ Raiho plushie $19.99 NEW @ GameStop B&M

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I picked one up today at my local GameStop B&M. Not available online, but it looks like a lot of the stores have it in stock.

Link to check in-store availability:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=282017

282017b.jpg

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Like I said, I'm going to buy 1 tomorrow.

Then when I get paid in 2 weeks, I'm going to buy another copy if there are any left. Collecting purposes, man. Selling purposes. Aww hell yeah.[/QUOTE]

The most I see one selling for right now on ebay is $12.71. No one is bidding on the higher listings because lots of people are starting at .99

Do you guys think they will gain in value some day? I'm not going to buy more than 1, but god knows when I'll actually get around to opening this game up and playing it.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I paid $30 over month ago. Darn it! :([/QUOTE]
You're a true CAG LOL!
[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']The store less than a mile from my house supposedly has a copy. I'm going to try this game just because every1 in this thread is praising it. Hopefully they still have it on monday when I go in for the extra $50 deal.[/QUOTE]
It's a very niche game, anyone who knows of its existence likes it. It's also better than the first one.

RK vs The Soulless Army (part 1) jump up in price used to $19.99 from $8.99 when I bought part 2 with the doll for $30 new 2 weeks ago. I joined CAG a little too late when it dropped to $9.99 new part 1 and couldn't find a used copy anywhere at GameStop for $8.99 'till someone finally traded one in when it just happen to go up in price

I bought mine less than 2 weeks ago and haven't opened it. Why wouldn't they do a price adjustment? New stuff can be returned within 30 days...

[quote name='Unassuming Local Guy']I got the last one in Ann Arbor across from Briarwood. The guy there said they were sending them back tomorrow. I don't know if that's the case everywhere though.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know where they "send them back" to? Is it gamestop or a different company?

Never played an SMT game (though I do own Persona 3) and have no idea when I'd play this one, but dammit if I dont want that plushie! I actually thought about it when it first came out, now I'm really itchin' for it.

Maybe I can justify it as a combo plushie for me and my kid....and it's really only about 10 bucks after the free BBY Sudoku Ball Detective trade in.

FLOL, buying extras for resale purposes? These things don't appear to be anywhere near rare at all. It looks as though every single store in Los Angeles has one, at least according to gamestop's online inventory checker.

There are literally 16 pages on the availability checker returned for this game - 186 stores within 100 miles have it new. So much for buying a few extra of these for reselling. You will be lucky to make anything on it any time soon...not to mention, it will be a bitch and a half to ship this puppy and the added cost will definitely eat into any profit.

But definitely pick one up to play, and if you're a collector, an extra one to keep sealed.

I still haven't opened my launch day copy of this title. I opened the big plastic portion of it cuz the stupid plushie wasn't standing upright and was annoying the hell outta me. I kinda regret opening the first one considering I gave up on the game after 4 hrs.

Ohh, they dropped to $20?

I see them everywhere, and at $30, I told myself I would wait for the drop.
I wonder if I should wait again.
There's tons of them.

My GS had two left. On one the cover was torn on the game :cry: but the manager gave me the one behind the counter :)

I left the other for someone else to get since I already have one still sealed anyways. This one will be a play copy since I sold that a long time ago. Great game and definitely better than the first one was.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slowdive21']Does anyone know where they "send them back" to? Is it gamestop or a different company?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop I think does do interstore transfers, sending unsold stock of titles to stores that they think will sell them.

Picked one up. The box is all beat to hell (obviously the employees didn't care and tossed it around) so I will keep my eye open for another one, maybe return a copy of do a keep one sealed one open. Luckily these are everywhere right now at the perfect price.

I picked this up today. It was the last copy so of course it was gutted and the box wasn't in the best of health :( All good though cause I really wanted to get this game and at $20 can't complain.

@Rouzhokuu
Don't believe the reviews. they are so biased against most of these niche RPGs it isn't even funny.

I really liked the game to be honest :)

[quote name='slidecage']i think these have been 20 before thanksgiving started.. was hoping they fell to 10 but not yet[/QUOTE]
I've seen them for $29.99 earlier this month.
Definitely a new drop as the listing online mentions the drop.

I just picked up the last copy at my local Gamestop. Aside from being coved in a ton of dust, the item is in perfect condition. (The 3 price labels should come off with Goo Gone)

...The employee said that they just dropped in price yesterday. Me and someone else snagged their last two.

(Anyone know how many of these things were made? Mine is numbered 4494)

[quote name='KillerRamen']I just picked up the last copy at my local Gamestop. Aside from being coved in a ton of dust, the item is in perfect condition. (The 3 price labels should come off with Goo Gone)

...The employee said that they just dropped in price yesterday. Me and someone else snagged their last two.

(Anyone know how many of these things were made? Mine is numbered 4494)[/QUOTE]

Yours is 04494, right? Not just 4494?

Mine is number 22194, so its safe to assume there are at least 25K. I'd guess 50K or at most 100K, since more often than not they only have as many digits as the max they produce, i.e. if mine said 022194 it would probably be over 100K, but since there are only 5 digits, it will max out at 100K.

Mine is number 22194, so its safe to assume there are at least 25K. I'd guess 50K or at most 100K, since more often than not they only have as many digits as the max they produce, i.e. if mine said 022194 it would probably be over 100K, but since there are only 5 digits, it will max out at 100K.
I remember when the game launched some asshat got on here and said they had #2, pfft.

I'll have to check my GS out, lately I've been beaten to the punch by a certain type of person. They call them flippers, flippers, faster than lightning....

[quote name='eastshore4']I remember when the game launched some asshat got on here and said they had #2, pfft.

I'll have to check my GS out, lately I've been beaten to the punch by a certain type of person. They call them flippers, flippers, faster than lightning....[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll run into any problems this time. It's not rare or sold out. Yet.

[quote name='karkyco']Yours is 04494, right? Not just 4494?

Mine is number 22194, so its safe to assume there are at least 25K. I'd guess 50K or at most 100K, since more often than not they only have as many digits as the max they produce, i.e. if mine said 022194 it would probably be over 100K, but since there are only 5 digits, it will max out at 100K.[/QUOTE]

It was just 4494, no zero.

Managed to snag the last one at my local store too. Sounded like the employees had snapped up the rest. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Cool I have seen these everywhere will pickup with Luigi's Mansion.[/QUOTE]
Hey, that was my GS purchase today.

I had to call eight stores, but it was worth it. Everyone I called either sold theirs today or only had a gutted copy left. Stupid guttin' sons of...
But now I just have to get out of work! So I can display this game with my PS2 section in the game room and never open it!

Some guy is buying up every copy around my area (Virginia). ...Pretty douchey move. I doubt this game is going to be worth $100+ after two years or whatever..

Picked up one of the last three at my local store.

Take this for what it's worth but guy said they had received a message from corporate telling them to field destroy the plushies and boxes in the very near future. Didn't ask him what date because I was too preoccupied with the MILF next to me in line.

[quote name='lawdood']Picked up one of the last three at my local store.

Take this for what it's worth but guy said they had received a message from corporate telling them to field destroy the plushies and boxes in the very near future. Didn't ask him what date because I was too preoccupied with the MILF next to me in line.[/QUOTE]

i had a feeling they all would be like this :cry:. i hope when i go tomorow they arent . heard its a great game but i dont wanna open it. might have to buy 2 copies one for play and other collection. the plushies dope also :cool:

6293 is mine! LOL I did not even notice these were numbered until reading the tread. My store had two and I probably should have bought both, one to display one to play, but then I realized that I'll never get around to playing this one as I did not care that much for the first. I wanted this one mostly for the plushie and I'm glad I held out on buying it when it first hit the shelves. It seems more often than not that the games I want go cheap pretty quickly after I buy them (Spent $50 on Madworld and now it's $20), so why bother getting them ASAP any more. I noted the newer Guilty Gear was now $19.99 with yesterday's date on it which was tempting as well.

Doubt this will ever be 'rare', considering that GameStop still has these new and they were released back in May '09.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']One GS around me has a new Devil Summoner 1 for the same price... Worth buying? I know it goes for a pretty penny.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly a pretty penny like Nocturne did before it got reprinted but it is sought after. Personally at a low price good game to add and it will look nice next to DS2. Plus you would make a bit of money selling it off on ebay if you wanted to.

Compared to the 2nd one the first one sucks.

Get it though. It hasn't been reprinted YET.

Picked one up today but I am really not sure why.
The game itself looks meh but making a Youtube video of me lighting the Plushie on fire will be cool.

thanks

Went to one Gamestop near work and they had a gutted, no box copy. Bought it anyway because I didn't want to end my day empty handed. Went to another Gamestop and they had a sealed one. I guess I'll use the other one as a play copy.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Bought it today... Check it, I made a video showing this beast off. :]
[/QUOTE]
HOLY SHIT DUDE :hot:

YOU HAVE A NICE
Coca-Cola Soda drink on that desk. is that also a fuckin napkin below it? fuck year.
+2 if you have a disc case instead of a napkin i cant see from here

In for one. Picked up the last gutted one at my local GS. Hate buying gutted games but I am going to open it up to play it anyway. Thanks.

bread's done
Back