Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 (PS2) w/ Raiho plushie $19.99 NEW @ GameStop B&M

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I picked one up today at my local GameStop B&M. Not available online, but it looks like a lot of the stores have it in stock.

Link to check in-store availability:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=282017

282017b.jpg

[quote name='crodz']holy shit dude :hot:

You have a nice
coca-cola soda drink on that desk. Is that also a fuckin napkin below it? fuck year.
+2 if you have a disc case instead of a napkin i cant see from here
[/quote]

lmao!

I want one of these bad and called 2 of the closest stores this mourning but they had none. Evidently the last store I called must have had several because the guy said "I think we have those" then to my suprise came back and said no. Guess I'll have to get one off ebay. Never knew it existed until I saw this post.

These things were way over produced for a non-casual gamer game. I don't see this CE ever having a great resale value. Maybe in 20 years or so. Good pickup for those wanting it to play.

Mine copies number is 27274.

Chairman...I know how you feel, when I checked my number just now I noticed I got a crack on the right side of the box. I knew the top looked ugly when I bought it, but it was the only one left so I went ahead. I don't plan on reselling it cause I wanted to game, but too bad they couldn't take better care of the bloody box. Guess someone decided to step on it or sit on it or something.

[quote name='donburns99']I've now seen one with an identification number above 31,000.[/QUOTE]
The one I bought last night was numbered 39528

Thanks OP, just picked one up and for once I got a non-gutted actual brand new game! :applause: It's marked 21592.

By the way, does anyone else always feel bad not helping out cool employees by denying their offer to preorder something? Makes me feel like I'm the one who is going to get them canned. Gamestop's strategy perhaps?

I like the way they did it. Yeah, it's an excessively large package just to give you a plushie, but this way I think it helped gurantee everyone got their plushie. You know if this plushie was a preorder bonus and loose outside of the game, some people would be getting screwed over.

Picked up a copy last night, #16556. They have them hiding in the back so don't be afraid to ask if they have any. So glad that I canceled my pre-order when it was on Amazon. $20 is the sweet spot for this package.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I picked one up today, but I'm kind of regretting my purchase. The outer plastic has a BIG crack in it that I missed when I bought it.[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming you opened the game, and thus can't return it.

Thank you OP!
I just got mine today; there is a little dent on the right hand corner and it was a little dusty, but beside that it is in perfect condition.

Numbers that have been reported to be over 40,000 in the "limited" serial number from what I have found in a quick google search...

I kinda wish that Atlus would have just said hey X amount have been produced.

[quote name='dallow']I'm assuming you opened the game, and thus can't return it.[/QUOTE]

No, I could return it if I wanted to. I haven't opened it yet. I don't regret it enough to take it back.

Just wanted to confirm something that was mentioned earlier in this thread, that Gamestop sent out a memo to stores telling them to gut the remaining copies and junk the outside packaging and plush. I'm sure the cool stores will just ignore the memo but the typical douchebag "by-the-rules" stores will follow the directive and break up the package. A total waste if you ask me since this was always meant to be sold as a package. I went to two stores tonight and both got rid of the plush/packaging. So, if you are on the fence now, you may want to hurry to your local GS and get it. No point in waiting for another price drop if all you're going to be able to get is a gutted copy of the game only.

I got rid of my PS2 and my PS3 is not backward compatible, otherwise, I'll definitely pick up this game (played some of the older SMT titles before).

[quote name='Josef']Just wanted to confirm something that was mentioned earlier in this thread, that Gamestop sent out a memo to stores telling them to gut the remaining copies and junk the outside packaging and plush. I'm sure the cool stores will just ignore the memo but the typical douchebag "by-the-rules" stores will follow the directive and break up the package. A total waste if you ask me since this was always meant to be sold as a package. I went to two stores tonight and both got rid of the plush/packaging. So, if you are on the fence now, you may want to hurry to your local GS and get it. No point in waiting for another price drop if all you're going to be able to get is a gutted copy of the game only.[/QUOTE]

why would they do that? are they onto us? lurkers! seriously, keep it for at least a couple of weeks and everyone will have time to snatch one up. Why risk losing sales b/c now we know its not complete?..crazy inside info bro!

My theory on that is that when people go into the physical stores, they don't see this bundle because in 90% of stores it is hidden behind a counter, or in a drawer, and only people who specifically know about the bundle or search for it online know of its existence. In my opinion this is why it has dropped to $20 (first from 40 to 30, then from 30 to 20) with many copies still available.

However, if they throw away the packaging and just have the game left, they can put the game on a display shelf and the sales will probably be better for the game.

This is all just conjecture, but it seems plausible. Of course we know about this, but random person going into store looking at games won't ever find out about it if it's sitting in a drawer. Not saying it's cool or anything (throwing away the plushies!), but oh well...

[quote name='Josef']Gamestop sent out a memo to stores telling them to gut the remaining copies and then sell the plushies on ebay for mad profits[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

If anyone wants me to try and pick up some for them, let me know. I can't promise anything, but the store I bought mine in today had like 6 left. There is also another store closer to me that has some as well. I may not be able to hit up the one with 6 until next week though but I can call and see if they will hold them for me until then. Again, no promises, but if you want me to try, PM me.

[quote name='sadikyo']My theory on that is that when people go into the physical stores, they don't see this bundle because in 90% of stores it is hidden behind a counter, or in a drawer, and only people who specifically know about the bundle or search for it online know of its existence. In my opinion this is why it has dropped to $20 (first from 40 to 30, then from 30 to 20) with many copies still available.

However, if they throw away the packaging and just have the game left, they can put the game on a display shelf and the sales will probably be better for the game.

This is all just conjecture, but it seems plausible. Of course we know about this, but random person going into store looking at games won't ever find out about it if it's sitting in a drawer. Not saying it's cool or anything (throwing away the plushies!), but oh well...[/QUOTE]

Bingo! Both stores that got rid of everything but the game now had the game on display on the PS2 rack. I never saw it on the rack before today.

Got two today. One for me and one for my family. Cannot really resist it since it is with a plushie. But seems harder to find sealed game with plushie, at least for me.

Did saw plushie with game in sleeve. Passed for new copy, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked one up at the GS at Legends in KC. It was a gutted copy, but otherwise had the plushie and the outer box and was in good condition. Now I can use this one as my copy to play. If you need one in the KC area, yesterday I think the copy they had at the GS @ Shops at Boardwalk was completely sealed.

My gamestop in the mall had 6 of these behind their secret inventory door. Picked up one for me and 1 for a friend

Great deal, Worth the $40 I originally paid. Northern Va CAG's ask your GS's to check the backroom, the Franklin Farms store had 4 sitting in the backroom.

[quote name='Josef']Just wanted to confirm something that was mentioned earlier in this thread, that Gamestop sent out a memo to stores telling them to gut the remaining copies and junk the outside packaging and plush. I'm sure the cool stores will just ignore the memo but the typical douchebag "by-the-rules" stores will follow the directive and break up the package. A total waste if you ask me since this was always meant to be sold as a package. I went to two stores tonight and both got rid of the plush/packaging. So, if you are on the fence now, you may want to hurry to your local GS and get it. No point in waiting for another price drop if all you're going to be able to get is a gutted copy of the game only.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop sucks plain and simple. They screwed me over on the rooster hat with scribblenauts and lied to me so screw them and their stupid dumba** policies. Keep dealing with these people and sooner or later you will learn. They are like the greedy bas***** on Avatar who want it all and the H*** with everyone else.

I picked up a sealed one (#23687) with 2 dents on the top of the box, but otherwise in great condition. It was the last one and hidden in their GS storage room.

I had gotten one as a Christmas gift, but wanted another one so I can open and play it.

Thanks for the info, OP!

Awesome! I've been planning to pick this one up for a while now. Lowest price on Amazon including the plushie is around $40 after shipping, so this is a great deal. Thanks for posting. :)

Picked this up today, the box was a little scratched but it hadn't been opened and everything else was in great condition. The cashier had to check in the back for it, and sure enough they had it. He also asked me for my ID, which I always get carded anyway since I look younger so no big deal, then I thought about it. I completely forgot that SMT games are usually Mature, the cashier and I talked about how it was kind of ridiculous that an M game had a plushie haha. Oh well, it looks awesome!

Got one, all together, sealed and minty. Number 28somethingsomethingsomething. Glad I didn't wait. Would've been a drag to miss out on this.

Just picked mine up. A few scratches but otherwise fine. One left at the Giant Eagle Plaza store in Columbus, OH. It is sitting with the xbox360 games on the bottom shelf.

I was wondering if I can just keep the plushy and return the game, since they were going to destroy the packaging anyway. I just want the plushy. I don't have a ps2 to play the game.

[quote name='llcooljunr']I was wondering if I can just keep the plushy and return the game, since they were going to destroy the packaging anyway. I just want the plushy. I don't have a ps2 to play the game.[/QUOTE]

Check to see if the game case has a normal UPC...not that I'm endorcing this, some might think this is unethical.....:whistle2:\"

[quote name='bob330i']Check to see if the game case has a normal UPC...not that I'm endorcing this, some might think this is unethical.....:whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was wondering if anyone's tried it.

[quote name='bob330i']Check to see if the game case has a normal UPC...not that I'm endorcing this, some might think this is unethical.....:whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not really a fan of this, but I would think that if you keep the game sealed, you might be able to return it and keep just the plushie/outer case. Even if the game case doesn't have a UPC on it, you might be able to do so if you say take the Gamestop stickers off the outer case somehow intact and put them on the game case. Although, good luck with that considering these have probably been sitting around for months with those stickers now impossible to remove without Goo Gone...

I got my box no problem! A little dented, but I planned on opening it anyways. I've got #16886... After reading this topic, I'm not so sure I want to open it now!

bread's done
Back