Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 (PS2) w/ Raiho plushie $19.99 NEW @ GameStop B&M

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I picked one up today at my local GameStop B&M. Not available online, but it looks like a lot of the stores have it in stock.

Link to check in-store availability:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=282017

282017b.jpg

Cancelled my FFXIII reservation after reserving it at Amazon for the 10 dollar credit and used those 5 bucks on the game. Got it today at around 3:30PM EST. They had multiple copies at the back. Just got to ask for it. Thanks for the notice, I would of never got it otherwise.

Still one store in my area that has 2 in their case... I haven't picked it up. I have NO interest in the game... and the plushie would just go to my kid. I can pick up a stuffed animal cheaper than 19.99...

Got one in Princeton. They sounded like they had more

My son has been eying my mint copy's doll so I get to play the game and he gets a new plush, win/win!

It's a real shame this wasn't on Amazon instead. Haven't been to a Gamestop in a long time, but might just have to check one out soon. Don't care if gutted is the only option, as I never wanted the plush to begin with.

i got mine today. my local gamestops had like 4 or 5 each. i grabbed one because i couldn't resist and it came up to $20.

IMG00154-20100129-1546_opt.jpg

i also grabbed persona 3:fes because i want to try out this series!

i hope i enjoy it!

edit: my #on this bundle was 18487

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crazedracerguy']Still one store in my area that has 2 in their case... I haven't picked it up. I have NO interest in the game... and the plushie would just go to my kid. I can pick up a stuffed animal cheaper than 19.99...[/QUOTE]I don't mean to sound rude, just curious, but if you have zero interest in this deal, why mention it?

[quote name='dallow']I don't mean to sound rude, just curious, but if you have zero interest in this deal, why mention it?[/QUOTE]
One thing I found weird about this site people love to mention they have no interest in deals

[quote name='dallow']I don't mean to sound rude, just curious, but if you have zero interest in this deal, why mention it?[/QUOTE]

and honestly i don't understand the point of his post the one you quoted. why tell the community that you saw two copies and say you have "NO interest" in the game at all. so what was the purpose of you mentioning your getting the game then?

i don't know anything about shin megami tensei or the series for that manner and i just picked up both games, why? because i'm a video game collector and a gamer and after reading through the thread a lot of people recommend this game to purchase.

Thanks to the OP for this - my local GS has had one for AGES, it's been on the wall behind the registers for months still tagged at $29.99. I asked them to check it and it came up $19.99, so I picked it up. The manager bought the other remaining one.

The one I got has the thickest layer of dust I've ever seen, probably the only time it had ever been moved from that spot.

My local GS has several copies, but I just wanted to say that I have no interest in collecting or playing video games, I dislike stuffed animals, and I don't like boxes covered in dust. :p

Actually, why did I even go to GS and why am I reading a thread I have no interest in? See ya. :p

I hope you find my posts interesting, encouraging, and thought provoking. :p

:p

I'd love to get this game. Is the used price $15 or $12? I've been waiting for it to come down from 600 points on Goozex.

The one GS I was at last night had 2-3 of these up on the shelves behind the counter, but since I don't have a PS2 and I never played(or liked the looks of any of the SMT games)I didn't bother to ask about them.

i just grabbed a copy at my gamestop. they only had them in the back room, so don't be discouraged if you're looking for a copy and you don't see it. they were killing shelf space, which is the reason they're lowering the price. thank god for big dumb boxes.

the plushie will go to one of my students as some sort of reward for something or other.

There was @ least one @ my local GS as of last night. I would have snagged it, but I don't have any way of playing PS2 games @ the moment. Although that may have to change soon as I am realizing that there are a ton of PS2 RPG's.

I got one today. :)

So which do you guys think is worse: Getting a box that is slightly cracked, or having the plushie loose in the box?

My store had 2, so I took the loose plushie instead.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I got my copy. I've invested in the game and it better not fucking get reprinted like a certain other game...

I've to finish P3! I so wanna play this game.[/QUOTE]

They will NEVER reprint this with the big box and plushie.

Asked for Devil Summoner 2, employee went in back and brought a SEALED copy of Devil Summoner 1 out. EPIC if I say so myself.

[quote name='aeri']Asked for Devil Summoner 2, employee went in back and brought a SEALED copy of Devil Summoner 1 out. EPIC if I say so myself.[/QUOTE]
Sealed copy of Devil Summoner 1? Nice find. How much was it?

[quote name='aeri']Asked for Devil Summoner 2, employee went in back and brought a SEALED copy of Devil Summoner 1 out. EPIC if I say so myself.[/QUOTE]

Nice, i got a pristine copy from GS when they sold it for $8.99

Last week I got the last one at my local GS, the box was banged up its not like I wanted to keep the box so I threw it out (just the plastic) keept the cardboard graphics, game and plushie. Thanks you again CAGs

Thanks, OP. I thought I might've missed out on this since it's been a few weeks. Today at a few GS, I saw them behind the glass or on the very top shelves close to the ceiling. I guess they ignored the memo from corporate. That, or they couldn't find their ladder.

My store still had one a couple of weeks ago. I'm debating if I should go back & get it or not considering that I don't own a PS2 or BC PS3.

I was at GS to pick up Valkyria Chronicles and could not resist the temptation that is a Raiho demon plushie. One of the boxes was torn and the other had the plushie loose. Went with the loose plushie one. I wonder how long I can hold out on opening it though. He's calling my name now as I type!

Thanks OP!

My friend had a loose, face-down plushie. He pushed down the side flap and used a chopstick (lol) to maneuver Raidou to get him upright and his feet back into the slot.

[quote name='parKer']My friend had a loose, face-down plushie. He pushed down the side flap and used a chopstick (lol) to maneuver Raidou to get him upright and his feet back into the slot.[/QUOTE]
Damn, genius right there! :applause:

Would I miss out on a lot if I play this without having played the first one? Anyone who has played both Devil Summoners please advise.

id say just go look up the ending and then start 2. some of the story you would be missing out on but meh, its not much reading or watching to do

Picked one up at my favorite local GS. They were out of them when this thread first started but the clerk said they got in another one as a transfer from another store a few days after I asked about it. I hope my kid doesnt completely destroy the toy.

As for the game, I'm not even sure I'm going to play/keep it. Maybe I throw it on the ol' tradelist.

Thanks OP! I found one at a local GS. It was in the back and dusty. The only problem is my wife has given me 30 days to start playing it... or else... She doesn't believe in collector's items. :whistle2:(

[quote name='DaButtonMasher']Thanks OP! I found one at a local GS. It was in the back and dusty. The only problem is my wife has given me 30 days to start playing it... or else... She doesn't believe in collector's items. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

And I thought mine was bad. Damn.

Scored a sealed one that's in superb condition today. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='hostyl1']Your wife regulates your game playing like that? Arent there more important things to nag about ? Wow...just wow...[/QUOTE]

no shit, he should see what her trade in value is

Got one today from from a local GS. It was a bit dusty since it was on the rack behind the release date board. But it's pretty much in excellent condition.

Thanks OP.

Thanks OP, ran out as soon as I saw this thread and saw that my local GS had them in stock still. Nabbed the last two.

Vinn - you're not kidding about the dust. Both of them at my local store were in the back room and looked like they came out of grandma's attic.

Nice side find on the trip in was the lone remaining copy of Assassin's Creed 2 Master Assassin's Edition for 360. :)

bread's done
Back