Should we allow Kickstarters in the VGD forum?

A contrarian is a person who takes up a contrary position, a person who seems to be "contrary for the sake of being contrary," especially a position that is opposed to that of the majority, regardless of how unpopular it may be.

A contrarian is a person who takes up a contrary position, a person who seems to be "contrary for the sake of being contrary," especially a position that is opposed to that of the majority, regardless of how unpopular it may be.
By this logic, Jesus was a contrarian. So was Martin Luther King Jr. So was Ghandi. So, I'll take it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should we allow MBrown3 to post on the CAG forum?

Last edited:
You've been here four years. How did you stay under the radar so long when you're this big of a troll?
I guess that depends on your definition of troll. I don't believe anything I've said or done remotely qualifies. Troll =/= "saying something another person doesn't agree with." Nor does it equal "trying to help by posting according to the topic at hand, according to the rules of the forum."

I would rather see a separate forum for crowd source funding with each Kickstarter getting its own thread.  An individual thread for discussing the pros and cons of a game to help individuals determine if they should fund it or not.  Those threads then moved once it is funded or fails.  The thread could then be used to discuss the progress of the Kickstarted games development and release.

I feel there is too much development time and risk for Kickstarters to be in the deals forum.

LOL I just discovered cheapassgamer a few days ago due to a post on the amazon vgf. The first thread I saw and clicked on was the one for kickstarter deals. This really turned into a hostile topic. Yowza!

*backs out of room quietly*

I know TC did not seriously compare himself to Jesus and Martin Luther King Jr. Did he?
tumblr_lwobmpkPmB1r6aoq4o1_400.gif

This dude is hilarious. I wonder what he said to Cheapy to initially get Cheapy to vouch for him.
Cheapy! This is Jesus, MLK, and Gandhi speaking with one voice. You will allow kick starters on the deals forum. These are not the bad deals you're looking for.

Also, I killed your bad deal sniffing dog.

Actually I'm not the one who made the comparison. I just pointed out the logic.
You are the only one who made this comparison and you did it twice:

By this logic, Jesus was a contrarian. So was Martin Luther King Jr. So was Ghandi. So, I'll take it.
Eliminate the guy who was trying to help? Another comparison to Jesus, MLK and Ghandi.
Also, no one else would ever compare you to any of these people, ever. I don't even know what to compare you to. Even drunks make more sense than you.

You are the only one who made this comparison and you did it twice:

Also, no one else would ever compare you to any of these people, ever. I don't even know what to compare you to. Even drunks make more sense than you.
Nah. Reading is hard.

Come on guys. He wasn't trying to envoke Jesus et. al. He just mentioned them for NO REASON WHATSOEVER. Don't jump to conclusions.

I think after this exchange, cheapy is gonna regret he ever even responded to this guy.

Also, on behalf of flyers fans everywhere, we apologize.

Holy cow, you guys are mean. It seems to me that are just attacking because he has a different opinion than you do. It is easy to attack someone when you have the crowd on your side, no?

Personally I do not care either way about Kickstarters on the deals page. A sub forum would make sense. But I understand his reasoning, and I am not sure he is wrong. But more than that, he certainly has not been rude or deserving of all this hate. Overzealous certainly. But he has been calm and articulate. That does not seem like a reason to jump all over him.

I have no dog in this fight. I just came on a recommendation from the vgf. But I think I will go back there. At least the people that are accused of trolling there have done some actual trolling, rather than just making a case for something they believe in.

Holy cow, you guys are mean. It seems to me that are just attacking because he has a different opinion than you do. It is easy to attack someone when you have the crowd on your side, no?

Personally I do not care either way about Kickstarters on the deals page. A sub forum would make sense. But I understand his reasoning, and I am not sure he is wrong. But more than that, he certainly has not been rude or deserving of all this hate. Overzealous certainly. But he has been calm and articulate. That does not seem like a reason to jump all over him.

I have no dog in this fight. I just came on a recommendation from the vgf. But I think I will go back there. At least the people that are accused of trolling there have done some actual trolling, rather than just making a case for something they believe in.
there's a difference between having a differing opinion and comparing yourself to gandhi, jesus and MLK. Just a small one.

there's a difference between having a differing opinion and comparing yourself to gandhi, jesus and MLK. Just a small one.
I didn't actually make the comparison, I just pointed out that they were persecuted for the very same reasons that I am being (for trying to help the very people that persecuted them). But I suspect you won't consider that because you already have your mind made up.

MBrown3 is probably going to compare himself to the Chinese philosopher, Confucius next.

Last edited:
MBrown3 is probably going to compare himself to the Chinese philosopher, Confucius next.
Dude, this guy is way too humble to do that. Like he said, he never made the original comparisons. He was simply letting us know that someone else was comparing him to Jesus, Ghandi and MLK. Ignore the fact that none of those people were mentioned until mbrown brought them up. You need to stop reading the words and start reading the part that wasn't written. The part the doesn’t appear until you stare at the screen real hard for at least 10 minutes.

Holy cow, you guys are mean. It seems to me that are just attacking because he has a different opinion than you do. It is easy to attack someone when you have the crowd on your side, no?

Personally I do not care either way about Kickstarters on the deals page. A sub forum would make sense. But I understand his reasoning, and I am not sure he is wrong. But more than that, he certainly has not been rude or deserving of all this hate. Overzealous certainly. But he has been calm and articulate. That does not seem like a reason to jump all over him.

LOL, did mbrown3 really make an alt account to defend himself? :rofl:

I didn't actually make the comparison, I just pointed out that they were persecuted for the very same reasons that I am being (for trying to help the very people that persecuted them).
Don't tell me you seriously think getting Kickstarters into the main deals forums is helping us, which would imply the majority of long standing CAG members do not know any better than you.

Don't tell me you seriously think getting Kickstarters into the main deals forums is helping us, which would imply the majority of long standing CAG members do not know any better than you.
Whether you agree that it was helpful or not, that was the intent. Pointing out a couple of places where one could get a DEAL on some GAMES. Isn't that the point of this site? I forgot that if it's not from Walmart or Best Buy, it's not a deal. :wall:

Whether you agree that it was helpful or not, that was the intent. Pointing out a couple of places where one could get a DEAL on some GAMES. Isn't that the point of this site? I forgot that if it's not from Walmart or Best Buy, it's not a deal. :wall:
You think it's a deal. Most of us do not think it is a deal. You can argue against us until hell freezes over and we still won't categorize it as a deal. Even if by some godly miracle that we all admitted it's a "deal", it would be a very bad "deal". And our final attitude would remain the same as the result of this poll: we don't want it on the main deals page.

If I were you I would have backed out of this whole thing as soon as I see I am clearly proposing something that most members dislike. Yet somehow you managed to stick to your case, blow it out of proportion with Gandhi references and brought ridicule among yourself. Even until this point you are still going at it, which is really amusing now seeing that you have been here for years and never caused a big disturbance like this. The last time we unified against somebody is that douche bag who tried to educate everybody that KoA should be called Reckoning.

I'm going to start a Kickstarter to help a couple of my friends get PS4s. Can I post those on the main page since it's technically a deal for them? Or are we only allowed to post kickstarters that cheapy gets a cut from?

Getting a deal =/= making a deal.

You can argue semantics and definitions, but everyone but you is on the same page here about what CAG categorizes as a deal, that being something obtainable at a lower price than it's originally sold at (and yes I know some kickstarters offer discounts from the final price, but that doesn't make them a tangible product you can currently buy, and getting a game for a discounted price has never been the point of kickstarter and I wouldn't recommend anyone back one because of it).

Screw Kickstarter entirely, I'm just going to post a donation link that goes straight into my account on the deals page. Sounds like a damn good deal to me.

Getting a deal =/= making a deal.

You can argue semantics and definitions, but everyone but you is on the same page here about what CAG categorizes as a deal, that being something obtainable at a lower price than it's originally sold at (and yes I know some kickstarters offer discounts from the final price, but that doesn't make them a tangible product you can currently buy, and getting a game for a discounted price has never been the point of kickstarter and I wouldn't recommend anyone back one because of it).
But there is nothing on forum that says it is the "getting a deal on games" thread. It says it's the "video games deals" thread. You may not want to argue semantics, but semantics matter.

Also, your argument that "getting a deal" (or "getting a discount") is contingent on there being a tangible product is fallacious. People get discounts on all kinds of things that don't have a tangible product, or on the promise of such a product.

Screw Kickstarter entirely, I'm just going to post a donation link that goes straight into my account on the deals page. Sounds like a damn good deal to me.
You are a video game?

I promise I will be if you donate.
Yeah and now we're talking about the nature of Kickstarter rather than whether or not it qualifies on the deal page. Obviously you shouldn't fund a project from no-name hacks that don't have a chance in hell of completing it. But that hardly factors into whether or not it qualifies.

I ran into my buddy Plato last night at the bar and I asked him if Kickstarters were deals.  He said "fuck no."

Then I saw my buddy Oedipus across the street and yelled, "What's up motherfucker!"

bread's done
Back