SimCity (2013) Official Thread

[quote name='retrad']"about what do you suspect."

I suspect you aren't an English major.[/QUOTE]

Which means he has a shot at getting a job!

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Thats the thing though, I know I will get hated for this....but....I have no intentions of playing on a laptop ...EVER. I dont have the money to even afford a decent laptop. The always online components of this game do not bother me. Yeah, the game does have its problems, but they are bearable ! They can be easily fixed with updates. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

that's the point im trying to make and people bash me for it. The people here bashing the game im sure has yet to play the gamea nd read things and talks bad about the game. Since the server issue have been fixed i have had nothing but fun on this game yes servers still have down time for updates but it's maybe a hour or so. this game is tons of fun if you got a group of players playing which the game is made for.

[quote name='Calipso']Stick with SimCity 4.[/QUOTE]

I hear that everywhere I go on the internet. Only people who talk about Simcity 4 in 2013 are people who loved Simcity 4 in 2003 and kept playing it. I have been playing Simcity since the beginning, let me tell you something. It is a hard game. Hell, Will Wright says he hasn't enjoyed a Sim City for a while. First time, they made one that kinda works. When they told me everything is connected to roads, I was like finally makes sense. No separate pipe network and power lines, everything under roads. I know they screwed the launch, Sims AI is comical at best (mind-numbing at worst), traffic is a mess, always on DRM, etc, etc. Don't want the game, don't buy it. If you have the game and don't like what you bought, email the crap out EA and Maxis about it. If you love Simcity 4, play it and shut up about it, because Joe Schmo Public won't buy Simcity because they don't really no much about it unless it is on Jimmy Fallon or Ellen and Max Hardware with his gamer build aint going to play a 10 year old game. Deal with it.

*drops mic*

[quote name='dothog']For those who are skeptical about SEH's comment, a recent Ars Technica article summarizes the issues fairly well.

One thing that's being overlooked is that "almost completely fixed" servers (from the AT article) might be overstating it a bit. They increased the number of servers, but they also gimped parts of the game to ease up on the server load. EA/Maxis made quite a mess with this one.[/QUOTE]

they only took out leaderboards and cheatta speed mode two things most people don't care about. People are saying they want it to be single player then why do you care about leaderboards?

[quote name='maguszxz']I hear that everywhere I go on the internet. Only people who talk about Simcity 4 in 2013 are people who loved Simcity 4 in 2003 and kept playing it. I have been playing Simcity since the beginning, let me tell you something. It is a hard game. Hell, Will Wright says he hasn't enjoyed a Sim City for a while. First time, they made one that kinda works. When they told me everything is connected to roads, I was like finally makes sense. No separate pipe network and power lines, everything under roads. I know they screwed the launch, Sims AI is comical at best (mind-numbing at worst), traffic is a mess, always on DRM, etc, etc. Don't want the game, don't buy it. If you have the game and don't like what you bought, email the crap out EA and Maxis about it. If you love Simcity 4, play it and shut up about it, because Joe Schmo Public won't buy Simcity because they don't really no much about it unless it is on Jimmy Fallon or Ellen and Max Hardware with his gamer build aint going to play a 10 year old game. Deal with it.

*drops mic*[/QUOTE]

So I can't make a recommendation to the guy, but you can go on some wild tirade?

Eat my ass. You can use a spoon if you'd like.

[quote name='Calipso']So I can't make a recommendation to the guy, but you can go on some wild tirade?

[/QUOTE]

You have the freedom to make a recommendation for a game that he doesn't want. I have the freedom to make a wild tirade about it. Welcome to the Internet.

Meh I'm still enjoying the game. There's a few things I'm having issues with but none are actually stopping me from playing, it's more of I wish this was in the game type of thing

Most of the reviews are due to server stability and slowly placing in content that was originally offered. I remember another game that the same thing had happened. I believe it was called World of Warcraft

Last edited by a moderator:
So there is this Target ad on CAG starting on the 24 with Simcity for 39.99. Is this a sale or a price drop. If a price drop, any takers? I might buy

More than likely a sale to get people passed all the reviews. Game has it's issues that would be nice to be changed around, ie bigger maps which are suppose to come in the future and a few other little things. Other than that if you're into the whole SimCity thing I think you'll like it

[quote name='strikeratt']More than likely a sale to get people passed all the reviews. Game has it's issues that would be nice to be changed around, ie bigger maps which are suppose to come in the future and a few other little things. Other than that if you're into the whole SimCity thing I think you'll like it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I loved the beta. Can't wait to play when the dust settles and servers are a bit stronger. I didn't mind the same size of cites but I hope the multicity play, works better with updates. I won't put it pass them for a price drop, to ease the bad press and because it is EA style. Games are dropping like crazy after mere weeks of launch. It is good to be late to the party sometimes. Now if only Ni No Kuni would drop....

Now that I have been playing the game for a little bit, I'm going to throw my 2 cents into the ring.

The DRM however it is intended to use doesnt work properly. Synching cities together works in a poor standard at best. But in reality thats not the biggest issue with the game.

Its easy to enjoy seeing the graphics and watching things grow for the first hour or so. In fact its what most pre release reviews of the game saw. They were amazed at the "surface" of the game. But once you start digging into the game the real issue is within the details.

Some of the issues...
*as previously mentioned cities dont save to the cloud and are "rolled back" or removed completely.
*traffic plays follow the leader using shortest path only for the same target point.
*sims might live in a level 1 house one day, go to the closest job, and go back home to a level 3 house the next.
*resources do not go to their intended targets. either a truck doesnt pick up the materials or the truck is stuck in traffic.
*the population is scaled on a bell curve.
*for those that arent firmiliar with how previous games work, it is divided into 3 categories, residential, commercial, and industry. (sims have places to live, shop, and work) The most successful cities developed so far are 100% residential only. Meaning no C or I is placed on the map.
*rain is so scarce, that if your plot of land isnt connected to the river your underground city water will dry up. (there is of all things another bug that can bypass this.)

That is just some of the list right off the top of my head.

Now for the good....

ALL of this can get fixed over time. However a bug here or there is basically in every game now. This on the other hand is beyond comprehension. Ive played every simcity since SNES, and have loved games all my life, but I have yet to see a game this incomplete be green lighted for launch from a company as big as this.

EA released the "free" game selection for people who bought the game. I am surprised, because EA actually has a decent selection here of new games. I will be getting Dead Space 3 myself because it's the only one besides MOH:Warfighter I haven't played. Also with the $20 Amazon Credit and the free copy of Dead Space 3, that $60 I paid for it is not horrible anymore :D.

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
Plants vs. Zombies
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

Yeah, not a terrible selection.

Oh, and there's this.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/SimCity-Offline-Mode-Now-Available-General-Public-53739.html

Remember how it wouldn't be possible for Maxis to make the game playable offline or that they'd have to put in a ton of work to do so? Yeah, ONE guy figured out how to do it. Remove two simple lines of code and surprise, you can play offline. Granted, you cant save offline at the moment, but it's apparently not that hard to make it work, so I'd imagine that's currently being worked on.

I already gave ME3, so which would be the best single player experience and bang for the buck out of Battlefield 3, Dead Space 3, Medal of Honor, and Need for speed? Heck, do Battlefield 3 and MoH even have single player campaigns?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']EA released the "free" game selection for people who bought the game. I am surprised, because EA actually has a decent selection here of new games. I will be getting Dead Space 3 myself because it's the only one besides MOH:Warfighter I haven't played. Also with the $20 Amazon Credit and the free copy of Dead Space 3, that $60 I paid for it is not horrible anymore :D.

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
Plants vs. Zombies
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition[/QUOTE]

The new MOH is awful and BF3's single player is pretty bad as well. I haven't played Dead Space 3, but the first two were awesome games, so Dead Space 3 is probably a safe bet.

WOW. I was wondering what I would be able to pick from and for me that list sucks. I have them already or don't want them. I guess it is down to Mass Effect 3 so I can have it for the PC or Dead Space 3.

As for SimCity, I now believe that this game was intended for multi player. Seems like every time I build a city it all goes to shit later on. I just ran out of water for the city I have so I had to start another city just to send water to my bigger city. I am now also losing money every hour. I think i'm -11k to -20k and I only have 50k left till I'm out of money. I'm selling power and police to other cities now and even with exports the city might not last. Just yesterday I had 800k and was getting about 6k an hour. This all started when I ran out of water and every building caught on fire. Looks like I will just have to let the city go and destroy everything but the power plant and save money in my other cities to send to it to start it back up.

[quote name='sendme']WOW. I was wondering what I would be able to pick from and for me that list sucks. I have them already or don't want them. I guess it is down to Mass Effect 3 so I can have it for the PC or Dead Space 3.

As for SimCity, I now believe that this game was intended for multi player. Seems like every time I build a city it all goes to shit later on. I just ran out of water for the city I have so I had to start another city just to send water to my bigger city. I am now also losing money every hour. I think i'm -11k to -20k and I only have 50k left till I'm out of money. I'm selling power and police to other cities now and even with exports the city might not last. Just yesterday I had 800k and was getting about 6k an hour. This all started when I ran out of water and every building caught on fire. Looks like I will just have to let the city go and destroy everything but the power plant and save money in my other cities to send to it to start it back up.[/QUOTE]

for me seems like citie is great and going well till you get to a certain size. Seems like once population gets to around 50- 60 k you lose tons and tons of money and more and more people cry about taxes and what not.

Got my free game popup. I picked up SimCity LE for $47 and got Dead Space 3 for free, I'm rather happy with the situation.

Add me on Origin for SimCity or Dead Space 3; "SolidKilvas".

[quote name='sendme']WOW. I was wondering what I would be able to pick from and for me that list sucks. I have them already or don't want them. I guess it is down to Mass Effect 3 so I can have it for the PC or Dead Space 3.

As for SimCity, I now believe that this game was intended for multi player. Seems like every time I build a city it all goes to shit later on. I just ran out of water for the city I have so I had to start another city just to send water to my bigger city. I am now also losing money every hour. I think i'm -11k to -20k and I only have 50k left till I'm out of money. I'm selling power and police to other cities now and even with exports the city might not last. Just yesterday I had 800k and was getting about 6k an hour. This all started when I ran out of water and every building caught on fire. Looks like I will just have to let the city go and destroy everything but the power plant and save money in my other cities to send to it to start it back up.[/QUOTE]

Build a sewage treatment plant.next to a water treatment plant. Don't forget to replace the regular pump with a filtered one. It replenished the water table. Oh and trade makes bank.

I was thinking of getting sim city and not sure if i would enjoy it or not? Its been many many years since i played sim city. One reason why i am looking to try this is i have been looking to getting into gaming on the pc. I have a SVE14118FXW and the

Product Description

Intel Core i5-2450M 2.5GHz (up to 3.10GHz w/Turbo Boost)
8192MB RAM (8192MB Max)
750GB HDD (5400rpm)
Gigabit Ethernet Bluetooth Built-In 1.3MP Webcam & Microphone
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Windows 7 Home Premium

Now i new to this type of gaming and wanted to know if my laptop can handle this game? all your help will be great and thanks in advance.

[quote name='AzGoat']I was thinking of getting sim city and not sure if i would enjoy it or not? Its been many many years since i played sim city. One reason why i am looking to try this is i have been looking to getting into gaming on the pc. I have a SVE14118FXW and the

Product Description

Intel Core i5-2450M 2.5GHz (up to 3.10GHz w/Turbo Boost)
8192MB RAM (8192MB Max)
750GB HDD (5400rpm)
Gigabit Ethernet Bluetooth Built-In 1.3MP Webcam & Microphone
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Windows 7 Home Premium

Now i new to this type of gaming and wanted to know if my laptop can handle this game? all your help will be great and thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

It seems like your graphics are integrated, not dedicated. Integrated graphics are built into the motherboard itself. Dedicated are separate graphics and allowing the CPUs and other components to run, increasing game performance. Now, are you planning to game on the go? If not, build a desktop, don't buy a gaming one. You will come out a lot cheaper in the long run. I mean, you can play it with no problem on your current laptop but you will have to lower the settings.

[quote name='strikeratt']Build a sewage treatment plant.next to a water treatment plant. Don't forget to replace the regular pump with a filtered one. It replenished the water table. Oh and trade makes bank.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I guess I have to start a new city and try this. My current one is to far in debt to move things and even try to get it out of debt now.

Any other tips? Maybe we could have the OP updated with tips like this for players that don't know this stuff or new players.

Last edited by a moderator:
how can a company ban someone from a game just because they request a refund. What happens if they did not open the game an wanted to send it back for refund but down the line want to ge the game again. I know if i was banned for that reason i would take that companys behind to court.

i don't mind origin only game i use it for is battfield 3 because in my mind it's the best fps and only one i play. Well of course now sim city.

[quote name='Jon7']Same type of exploit works on Steam as well, hope you don't have that installed either..

Solution for both is to just pay attention to what websites and links you're going to and not be an idiot.[/QUOTE]

Seconded

The Origin banning is obviously a kneejerk reaction to the launch. They can't enforce those, they'll get around to sending out an apology with an explanation about how overwhelmed they were at the launch and how customer support got confused in it all. I'm not defending it, it's just how it works online with refunds, it's messy even in the best-case scenario.

Plus, it's likely many of those demanding refunds will get tired of waiting on a response and wind up installing the game, anyhow. EA will drag their feet on it...again, I'm certainly not defending it, just pointing out that you can get away with a lot in online commerce.

The much, much bigger problem here is the game itself, the bullshit justification for online play, the eagerness to ignore the desires of a very dedicated SimCity fan base (i.e. the customer). The launch isn't in that list of big issues anymore, even though it's inexcusable how they ignored pre-orders, whatever was learned in the beta, and the D3 experience.

[quote name='dothog']The Origin banning is obviously a kneejerk reaction to the launch. They can't enforce those, they'll get around to sending out an apology with an explanation about how overwhelmed they were at the launch and how customer support got confused in it all. I'm not defending it, it's just how it works online with refunds, it's messy even in the best-case scenario.

Plus, it's likely many of those demanding refunds will get tired of waiting on a response and wind up installing the game, anyhow. EA will drag their feet on it...again, I'm certainly not defending it, just pointing out that you can get away with a lot in online commerce.

The much, much bigger problem here is the game itself, the bullshit justification for online play, the eagerness to ignore the desires of a very dedicated SimCity fan base (i.e. the customer). The launch isn't in that list of big issues anymore, even though it's inexcusable how they ignored pre-orders, whatever was learned in the beta, and the D3 experience.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious of how, besides the online play, that the fan base is being ignored. Could it be the added servers to bring more stable gameplay? Perhaps the free game that they gave customers just because they couldn't play for the first 4 days. Or maybe it's the gameplay problems they're in the process of cleaning up because the fan base complained about that.

Haha who on this thread actually owns the game and who is here just to complain about a product they haven't even tried ... nevermind bought.

Anyways, I agree on the tips section. Another one could be that Avenues aren't always the best choice to making a dense city, they are wider than the normal streets

[quote name='maguszxz']It seems like your graphics are integrated, not dedicated. Integrated graphics are built into the motherboard itself. Dedicated are separate graphics and allowing the CPUs and other components to run, increasing game performance. Now, are you planning to game on the go? If not, build a desktop, don't buy a gaming one. You will come out a lot cheaper in the long run. I mean, you can play it with no problem on your current laptop but you will have to lower the settings.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i plan on gaming on the go only because with school i have a time where i can game a few times a week between classes.

[quote name='strikeratt']I'm curious of how, besides the online play, that the fan base is being ignored.[/QUOTE]
Are you kidding? They're screaming for a simple single-player experience that doesn't include the bullshit "synergy" of multiplayer and cloud saves that risk hours of gameplay. They expected much larger map sizes. They want full functionality out of the game. They want a mod-able game. They want challenging gameplay that makes sense (e.g. full-on residential cities shouldn't be viable).

[quote name='strikeratt']
Or maybe it's the gameplay problems they're in the process of cleaning up because the fan base complained about that.
[/QUOTE]
That's what stinks in this, EA/Maxis is all too happy to use a very dedicated group of fans as QA, yet at the same time they're covering their ears and releasing idiotic PR (or flat-out lying about servers doing gameplay processing when it has been shown they do no such thing) when fans say, "We just want to play offline and build a bigass city" or "We'd like to be able to create mods for this game."

[quote name='strikeratt']
Haha who on this thread actually owns the game and who is here just to complain about a product they haven't even tried ... nevermind bought.
[/QUOTE]
Don't be a dick. Another way of looking at it would be to wonder aloud what kind of person would've bought into this mess at launch when it was clearly a trainwreck waiting to happen. A SimCity fan, perhaps, but not a very bright one. haha nevermind.

[quote name='dothog']Are you kidding? They're screaming for a simple single-player experience that doesn't include the bullshit "synergy" of multiplayer and cloud saves that risk hours of gameplay. They expected much larger map sizes. They want full functionality out of the game. They want a mod-able game. They want challenging gameplay that makes sense (e.g. full-on residential cities shouldn't be viable).

That's what stinks in this, EA/Maxis is all too happy to use a very dedicated group of fans as QA, yet at the same time they're covering their ears and releasing idiotic PR (or flat-out lying about servers doing gameplay processing when it has been shown they do no such thing) when fans say, "We just want to play offline and build a bigass city" or "We'd like to be able to create mods for this game."

Don't be a dick. Another way of looking at it would be to wonder aloud what kind of person would've bought into this mess at launch when it was clearly a trainwreck waiting to happen. A SimCity fan, perhaps, but not a very bright one. haha nevermind.[/QUOTE]

might i ask did you buy the game? Are you a giant sim city fan? Seems like all the talk you have done on this topic is what you hear from the internet and what now. Might i add that sim city 4 did not have giant cities they were just little bigger then the ones on this game so people have no reason to cry about that. I agree that you should be able to save your game on your computer which could be done and still make it online only. most die hard sim city fans don't even know how to mod games lol. this game is not great no and sadly i think they will add bigger cities but make you pay for it. In the end unless you have played the game and a die hard sims and sim city fan like me and understand why they did what they did i would think you should stop bashing people for buying the game and stop calling us idiots for doing so.

Retail Defenders in full force! Even if it don't work we shall defend our purchases!

Last edited:
[quote name='TimboSliceGB']Might i add that sim city 4 did not have giant cities they were just little bigger then the ones on this game so people have no reason to cry about that. [/QUOTE]
This is the graphic everyone links to in response to that point. So you go from one iteration to the next, and knowing full well that one of the things people love about the game is making huge, intricately detailed cities, you decide to make the city size much smaller?

A3b5R4J.jpg

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']
most die hard sim city fans don't even know how to mod games lol. [/QUOTE]
Which is your way of saying, I suppose, that you consider yourself "die hard" and you don't know how to use mods.

Because the fans at Simtropolis and elsewhere can pull it off. Maxis employees were even tweeting that the GUI was written in javascript to assist modders -- until those tweets were shouted down by EA, who assured fans that there were no intentions of having SimCity 2013 support mods.

It's an especially thankless and condescending attitude, seeing as how it's members of the SC4 modding community who have been doing a lot of the post-release QA for EA/Maxis, including developing proof of concept testing to debunk the "server computations" lie created by Maxis.

You should keep to yourself if you feel like patting yourself on the back, Timbo. This is the SimCity thread. Started pre-release. It's only natural that cautious SimCity fans are going to use it to discuss problems in the game and wonder aloud if they're going to get patched. And I get it, you bought at launch. Sucks to be you.

I do infact have the new SimCity and I have played previous simcity titles since the days of SNES.

This game just simply doesnt even work, unless you enjoy watching thigns grow and the modeling is really nice on it. If you feel the need to get past the surface of the game and realize how it works, its nothing but a total disappointment.

Im glad that the fact RCI doesnt matter, traffic doesnt work, water doesnt work, etc. But hey it looks pretty and you got a free game that costs almost nothing for them.

Good for you timbo im glad you like it.

[quote name='dothog']This is the graphic everyone links to in response to that point. So you go from one iteration to the next, and knowing full well that one of the things people love about the game is making huge, intricately detailed cities, you decide to make the city size much smaller?

A3b5R4J.jpg

Which is your way of saying, I suppose, that you consider yourself "die hard" and you don't know how to use mods.

Because the fans at Simtropolis and elsewhere can pull it off. Maxis employees were even tweeting that the GUI was written in javascript to assist modders -- until those tweets were shouted down by EA, who assured fans that there were no intentions of having SimCity 2013 support mods.

It's an especially thankless and condescending attitude, seeing as how it's members of the SC4 modding community who have been doing a lot of the post-release QA for EA/Maxis, including developing proof of concept testing to debunk the "server computations" lie created by Maxis.

You should keep to yourself if you feel like patting yourself on the back, Timbo. This is the SimCity thread. Started pre-release. It's only natural that cautious SimCity fans are going to use it to discuss problems in the game and wonder aloud if they're going to get patched. And I get it, you bought at launch. Sucks to be you.[/QUOTE]

1. to be honest i do know how to do mods in pc games and do alot of them on games.
2. in the end i was given a free copy of this game to test it out for a game forum website im a admin on so did not buy the game to be honest if i did pay 60 dollers i think i would be upset how the launch when but then i understand why the worlds are smaller and cut in regions and if you have a group of friends to play the game works like it should and with random people not so much.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']1. to be honest i do know how to do mods in pc games and do alot of them on games.
2. in the end i was given a free copy of this game to test it out for a game forum website im a admin on so did not buy the game to be honest if i did pay 60 dollers i think i would be upset how the launch when but then i understand why the worlds are smaller and cut in regions and if you have a group of friends to play the game works like it should and with random people not so much.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you have no role in editing reviews.

[quote name='dothog']Are you kidding? They're screaming for a simple single-player experience that doesn't include the bullshit "synergy" of multiplayer and cloud saves that risk hours of gameplay. They expected much larger map sizes. They want full functionality out of the game. They want a mod-able game. They want challenging gameplay that makes sense (e.g. full-on residential cities shouldn't be viable).[/QUOTE]

It's not an offline game ... give it 4 years and not a single game will be. All the that's not true, that's not the way it should be, etc etc comments just fall on deaf ears. Welcome to the internet age. Does it stop piracy? No. It slows it down a whole hell of alot though which is what these companies are looking for. Does it suck, yea not saying it doesn't, but i'm expecting it to get better in time. The only way for that to happen is to push it forward. Sure the first words out of my mouth were, "Damn a wait time to play SimCity" to be honest though the online age brings a whole new aspect to the way games play. To be joined by anyone in the world is simply amazing.

Much larger map sizes has already been said will be released. SimCity 4 had map sizes 1km up to 4 km large ... this game has map sizes 2km large. Would a larger map be nice, yep. Is it really that big of an issue, nope. I understand that 4 had maps twice as large. The game doesn't have the objective of making the one and only biggest city though. It's many cities linked together. Plus to be honest, the maps are only small compared to the biggest version in the last game.

Challenging gameplay? Will Wright had stated a few times throughout the past few years that he wants to go back to the roots of the original SimCity. That the game was getting so complicated that no one wanted to pick it up if they were new to the game. Now the contradicting part of the argument is sure you can make a full on residential city, but just because you can doesn't mean there's no challenge to it. Guess what, I can go play WoW and my objective could be to murder sheep and chickens all day, but doesn't mean that's the one and only way I should play. It's challenging if you make it a challenge. Is it as challenging as other games in the series, no probably not, but it's not as if there is no challange to it. Heck the forum boards are littered with questions on how this and that works and it's not because it's broken.

[quote name='dothog']That's what stinks in this, EA/Maxis is all too happy to use a very dedicated group of fans as QA, yet at the same time they're covering their ears and releasing idiotic PR (or flat-out lying about servers doing gameplay processing when it has been shown they do no such thing) when fans say, "We just want to play offline and build a bigass city" or "We'd like to be able to create mods for this game."

Don't be a dick. Another way of looking at it would be to wonder aloud what kind of person would've bought into this mess at launch when it was clearly a trainwreck waiting to happen. A SimCity fan, perhaps, but not a very bright one. haha nevermind.[/QUOTE]

Not a SimCity "fan" as stated before and if that was a shot at my intelligence ... meh. Even if I was though, myself and other people I know had no problems logging in 3 days after launch at the most, and before that I had somewhere around 10 hours put into a couple cities already. Mountains out of mole hills. Do some aspects of the game still require patching and/or reworking, yep, but to say it's a trainwreck and the amount of money spent isn't justified is just a matter of opinion. I'm glad a handful of you guys can come on here and voice your opinions on how "stupid" we are for buying such a game, or as some people would put it any game in general, and then continue to try and belittle the population here for doing so. Believe it or not though some people do find joy out of the game as it currently is and even happier with how much they're currently patching some of the "issues", but I guess we're just stupid for that as well.

[quote name='smitherton']I do infact have the new SimCity and I have played previous simcity titles since the days of SNES.

This game just simply doesnt even work, unless you enjoy watching thigns grow and the modeling is really nice on it. If you feel the need to get past the surface of the game and realize how it works, its nothing but a total disappointment.

Im glad that the fact RCI doesnt matter, traffic doesnt work, water doesnt work, etc. But hey it looks pretty and you got a free game that costs almost nothing for them.

Good for you timbo im glad you like it.[/QUOTE]

Traffic was patched today I think, which is great because the only way it worked correctly in SimCity 4 was through mods not Maxis. Confused on the water situation you are having, is the table just not rebuilding itself?

The reason why RCI is the way it is so you make it matter. Sure you can go full out on R and nothing else, but that's the option you are given. You can attempt to balance the three out, it's possible and quite a challange to do.

Here's a spread sheet that someone, not me, has designed if you need help doing this. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiK1gO7pmnQEdEVkck9adUNTU2hoclJoSEpTY21sdEE#gid=2

Are the game mechanics incredibly dulled down compared to the other games, probably, I can't say because I only played 4 for a total of maybe 10 hours. From my understanding though it's suppose to be dulled down for players to join in on the fun, and then if you want to try out different ways of building cities that's where the challange comes into play.

[quote name='elessar123']I'm assuming you have no role in editing reviews.[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh way more than it should've.

If someone here hasn't redeemed their free game promised by EA then if you redeemed bf3 premium edition I could trade crysis 3 hunter edition to you

the cars pathing is really pissing me off.

garbage trucks all taking the route so no point having more than 1

every single cop responding to call but then if another call get put in they will go past it until the first call is sorted out.

arrhhh annoying

/rants

[quote name='maguszxz']So Cheetah speed might be coming back? How does everyone feel about that?[/QUOTE]

they have cheetah speed up on test server and seems like it's faster then it has been since game was fixed but slower then what it was when game first came out before they turned it off it's nice makes you earn money faster or lose it faster lol.

I bought it at launch but was too busy to play for a few days, guess I lucked out. I kinda like the dumbed down gameplay though, it's giving me a chance to figure stuff out.

bread's done
Back