SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

hahahaha. SS1 is the only PS3 version i have. i actually just picked up another copy at Wal-Mart canada because it was only $20 with mics. don't even know why I bothered. i have like 3 sets of mics already. I need to buy some DLC now that battles are all the rage. not even sure I could sell this online with the shipping cost it's probably not worth it.

The only PS2 ones I"m missing are Popv2, Motown and Disney. (and Country)

Hey guys, I just data transferred my account from my old phat ps3 to my new ff13 lightning slim. Unfortunately none of my singstar dlc transferred (although they still show up in my download history).

Hopefully one of you singstar experts can help me. Which number do I call to retrieve my lost dlc? Also is there anything special I should be saying that would help my cause when I speak with the rep? Short of "hey there's a benjamin for you in the mail if you help me out." Thanks guys!

[quote name='jling84']Hey guys, I just data transferred my account from my old phat ps3 to my new ff13 lightning slim. Unfortunately none of my singstar dlc transferred (although they still show up in my download history).

Hopefully one of you singstar experts can help me. Which number do I call to retrieve my lost dlc? Also is there anything special I should be saying that would help my cause when I speak with the rep? Short of "hey there's a benjamin for you in the mail if you help me out." Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

You need to call Sony at the number listed here:

http://us.playstation.com/corporate/contactus/

Tell them that you got a new PS3 and that you need to transfer over the songs. The rep should then put in a request and I think it takes a week on their end to activate the licenses on your new PS3. Haven't done it myself but I think that is how people do it.

If you bought songs from the UK store, it is possible to move them but more difficult, as you might expect.

Really Sony? Your latest update consists of 5 lostprophets songs that were available in the singstore 3 months ago as a pack, along with Paloma Faith's Stone Cold Sober? F'ing pathetic compared to what the UK gets.

Yay got my redownloads approved after calling Sony. Surprisingly that was a pretty painless process. Thanks to the guys who helped me out with the info.

Got another question: I see some people here talking about the Disney Singstar. Isn't that a PAL PS2 game? Are you guys playing on a PAL PS3 or is there some way to play it on US PS3s?

[quote name='jling84']Got another question: I see some people here talking about the Disney Singstar. Isn't that a PAL PS2 game? Are you guys playing on a PAL PS3 or is there some way to play it on US PS3s?[/QUOTE]
I remember asking the exact same Q about Disney Singstar a long while ago, and the answer I got from evergoo is NO, NTSC PS3s cannot run PAL discs. Therefore, no belting out Disney anthems for us...

i need to look that up again because i'm almost sure I've read that some of us imported from the UK.. SSQueen (but maybe that was PS3), SSMotown, I think SSLegends, and I'm /almost/ sure SSDisney.

[quote name='Wolfkin']i need to look that up again because i'm almost sure I've read that some of us imported from the UK.. SSQueen (but maybe that was PS3), SSMotown, I think SSLegends, and I'm /almost/ sure SSDisney.[/QUOTE]

SSMotown and SSQueen are fine, but Disney isn't. It flat out won't work.

You need a PAL ps2 in order to play SS Disney. No US console will play it unless its been modded. But, for the diehard Disney fans, there is Sing It: Family Hits which consists of classic Disney music that comes out in a few weeks.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Really Sony? Your latest update consists of 5 lostprophets songs that were available in the singstore 3 months ago as a pack, along with Paloma Faith's Stone Cold Sober? F'ing pathetic compared to what the UK gets.[/QUOTE]

Yes. This disgusted even me. :cry:

Sing It Family Hits actually looks decent. The mechanics are probably going to be worse than Singstar (though I've never tried the Sing It series), but the known tracks so far are solid.

[quote name='addone']And a tidbit from evergoo...scroll up a bit and all the magic happens.[/QUOTE]

Oh snaps. Someone actually quoted me. Oh, wait. It's the booze hound. :p

Sorry guys for not being around lately. School's whoopin' my ass and I'm outta the loop. Can we now do online battles? If so, DIE Freaky! :evil:
Come time for Thanksgiving that is. No PS3 until then.

Btw, import wireless mics rock! Can't wait to play them, along with the keyboard, for RB3. :bouncy:

[quote name='evergoo']

Sorry guys for not being around lately. School's whoopin' my ass and I'm outta the loop. Can we now do online battles? If so, DIE Freaky! :evil:
Come time for Thanksgiving that is. No PS3 until then.

Btw, import wireless mics rock! Can't wait to play them, along with the keyboard, for RB3. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

LOL, I see you're still bitter about me beating your 'Bad Romance' score? ;):lol:

And yeah, I had my imported mics for a month or so now... I just love 'em! I can't ever see myself going back to using wired mics, as the wireless ones are just as good, and without the tangles. They are awesome. :D

[quote name='freakyzeeky']LOL, I see you're still bitter about me beating your 'Bad Romance' score? ;):lol:[/QUOTE]

Bitter? :rofl: My gf beat your score in 2 tries. She's the dominator in my house. :cool: I just never bothered to pm back, that's all.

since not everyone follows my twitter I should drop in to say thatMinxotic
user_offline.gif
and I were doing some online battles and it looks like you can incorporate the PS2 discs. Oh Singstar if you ever let us do an import voucher type thing you'd be the World of Warcraft of music games.

ugh. btw to that Motown list. Not a fan of Smokey as a singer. That's precious room that could have been occupied by the Isley Brothers.

[quote name='evergoo']Oh, wait. It's the booze hound. :p[/QUOTE]
Ouchhhhhh :lol:

[quote name='Wolfkin']...doing some online battles and it looks like you can incorporate the PS2 discs. [/QUOTE]
Awesome!! :applause:

[quote name='Wolfkin']
ugh. btw to that Motown list. Not a fan of Smokey as a singer. That's precious room that could have been occupied by the Isley Brothers.[/QUOTE]

Ironically, the only reason my gf wants the Motown disc is for that Smokey song...

Lips has a LOT of those motown songs available as DLC, so I'm up in the air about importing the disc.

[quote name='Wolfkin']since not everyone follows my twitter I should drop in to say thatMinxotic
user_offline.gif
and I were doing some online battles and it looks like you can incorporate the PS2 discs. Oh Singstar if you ever let us do an import voucher type thing you'd be the World of Warcraft of music games.

ugh. btw to that Motown list. Not a fan of Smokey as a singer. That's precious room that could have been occupied by the Isley Brothers.[/QUOTE]

Ahh Wolfie, Smokey was crucial to Motown's success and so he and his group definitely deserve to be on the Motown disc (not that the Isley's don't though). [quote name='mtxbass1']Ironically, the only reason my gf wants the Motown disc is for that Smokey song...

Lips has a LOT of those motown songs available as DLC, so I'm up in the air about importing the disc.[/QUOTE]

As a (former) player of Lips, let me say that Lips is A$$ compared to Singstar because of the crap way the game lags while you sing. At least for me, it's virtually unplayable. Also, every successive Lips disc I have purchased broke the disc before it. Lips has a disc swap feature that does not work as well as SS in that you have to select a song, swap discs, sing the song then swap out the disc again before you can get your score. Also recently while playing Lips #1 Hits I discovered that if 2 players are signed in the game won't start up. It's a nightmare trying to play Lips now and I regret all the money I've spent on it. I bought all the games (including the 80s one that I had to import).

[quote name='Wolfkin']...doing some online battles and it looks like you can incorporate the PS2 discs.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's good news! Except for Country, I have every PS2 SingStar in my collection. :applause:

[quote name='Minxotic']
As a (former) player of Lips, let me say that Lips is A$$ compared to Singstar because of the crap way the game lags while you sing. At least for me, it's virtually unplayable. Also, every successive Lips disc I have purchased broke the disc before it. Lips has a disc swap feature that does not work as well as SS in that you have to select a song, swap discs, sing the song then swap out the disc again before you can get your score. Also recently while playing Lips #1 Hits I discovered that if 2 players are signed in the game won't start up. It's a nightmare trying to play Lips now and I regret all the money I've spent on it. I bought all the games (including the 80s one that I had to import).[/QUOTE]

Really? I've seen none of those issues and have them all (including the 80's one as well). I've found lips easier to sing than singstar and the interface better. I prefer it to Singstar really, but I think that's just because I'm lazy and don't want deal with dragging a wire across my living room. I say my time singing is split about 60/40 in favor of lips. It goes back and forth...

You don't get any lag while playing Lips? Wow. Do you have an HDtv? HDMI cables and all set up? You play online as well? I get the lag especially when it's keeping track of my ranking in real time on the leaderboards. Since you have Lips, I need to send you a friend invite. (Tho I'm beginning to loathe playing Lips, I've spent a lot of money on it).

[quote name='Minxotic']You don't get any lag while playing Lips? Wow. Do you have an HDtv? HDMI cables and all set up? You play online as well? I get the lag especially when it's keeping track of my ranking in real time on the leaderboards. Since you have Lips, I need to send you a friend invite. (Tho I'm beginning to loathe playing Lips, I've spent a lot of money on it).[/QUOTE]

Two HDTV's actually. Both Samsungs. HDMI to both. HDMI on one is 10 feet, on the other is 75 feet. I play online. No lag.

This weeks Singstar shitty update:
The Beach Boys - God Only Knows
Example - Won't Go Quietly
Paloma Faith - New York
Pet Shop Boys - Heart
Right Said Fred - Stand Up (For The Champions)

Meanwhile, the UK got 20 songs, 6 of which are from No Doubt. LOVE that US support Sony!

The idea that they got a new Singstar manager for the US is total bullshit. Their support for us is a joke.

[quote name='mtxbass1']
Meanwhile, the UK got 20 songs, 6 of which are from No Doubt. LOVE that US support Sony!

The idea that they got a new Singstar manager for the US is total bullshit. Their support for us is a joke.[/QUOTE]
Get a UK account mtxbass1 to abate your frustration man. :p

The US will always be SingStar's stepchild.

[quote name='evergoo']Get a UK account mtxbass1 to abate your frustration man. :p

The US will always be SingStar's stepchild.[/QUOTE]

Has how to do that been posted in this thread somewhere?

How do you handle the currency difference?

When I read that the UK got MORE Razorlight, I about lost it. I love those guys and want those songs. Of course, we didn't get them here.

[quote name='Minxotic']You don't get any lag while playing Lips? Wow. Do you have an HDtv? HDMI cables and all set up? You play online as well? I get the lag especially when it's keeping track of my ranking in real time on the leaderboards. Since you have Lips, I need to send you a friend invite. (Tho I'm beginning to loathe playing Lips, I've spent a lot of money on it).[/QUOTE]

I also don't see any of the issues you see on Lips (I have all but Classics). I run mine on HDTV with component hd/av cables and see no lag. Have you configured your mics?

The thing I don't like about Lips' interface is that it takes forever to load it. Also, I never understood why it loads my data twice (two times asks for where my save is). I will say I enjoy Lips gameplay better than Singstar due to gestures/wireless mics. Granted, I think Singstar has more to offer in the challenge department. If only the rapping was better in Singstar, I would completely give up on Lips. Until they patch that (which will never happen), rapping in Singstar is nearly impossible to get a good score.

[quote name='lordopus99']I also don't see any of the issues you see on Lips (I have all but Classics). I run mine on HDTV with component hd/av cables and see no lag. Have you configured your mics?

The thing I don't like about Lips' interface is that it takes forever to load it. Also, I never understood why it loads my data twice (two times asks for where my save is). I will say I enjoy Lips gameplay better than Singstar due to gestures/wireless mics. Granted, I think Singstar has more to offer in the challenge department. If only the rapping was better in Singstar, I would completely give up on Lips. Until they patch that (which will never happen), rapping in Singstar is nearly impossible to get a good score.[/QUOTE]

The issue seems to be with uploading my scores in real time to their leaderboards. I've posted a bunch on the Lips forums and I'm among the majority there with the lag issue. I was using the component cables that came with my xbox elite. I recently switched to hdmi but I still get the lag, it's just not as bad. Recently I discovered that the disc swap feature stopped working on certain discs. I agree with the rapping aspect in SS. It's pretty wack.

[quote name='Minxotic']The issue seems to be with uploading my scores in real time to their leaderboards. I've posted a bunch on the Lips forums and I'm among the majority there with the lag issue. I was using the component cables that came with my xbox elite. I recently switched to hdmi but I still get the lag, it's just not as bad. Recently I discovered that the disc swap feature stopped working on certain discs. I agree with the rapping aspect in SS. It's pretty wack.[/QUOTE]

It's not just you on the scoreboards. I'll have days where I can't upload anything to them at all. It just flat out won't connect. Other days it's completely fine.

I think your disc swap issue is due to having that 80's disc. I read some people had the same problem. I have that disc myself, but I never disc swap on Lips.

Added you on XBL btw.

I was actually having the swap issue before I got the 80s disc. I bought PC and then I purchased NOH and I found that I couldn't swap while playing the NOH disc to PC. Now it doesn't work at all however, no matter what disc but I hadn't tried swapping with my 80s disc since it was broken for me before. On a happier note, I got my import copy of Motown and I purchased (but am waiting on) some of the older PS2 discs, so I'll be looking to battle online. I currently have SS Vol 2, Abba, Queen, Motown and the 90s (PS2).

So I just bought SSQueen (which probably need to be added to the first post along with Abba).

Anyway I'm patching it and as I read the notes it seems to imply that we can now link to our videos and such. Has anyone figured this out?

From NeoGAF:

US SingStore Update, 11th August 2010

English:
  • Alphabeat - "Boyfriend"
  • Black - "Wonderful Life"
  • Chipmunk - "Look For Me"
  • Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - "Home"
  • Maxïmo Park - "Questing, Not Coasting"
  • Placebo - "Bright Lights"
  • The Temper Trap - "Sweet Disposition"
Hmmm... At least it's better than the last update... a LOT better. :)

[quote name='evergoo']Please clarify Freaky but all I see is trash. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Same here. They're back to posting UK songs again and the one band I do want them to post (Razorlight), they ignore.

Well, there's always the update on the 25th to look forward to (disappointment). heh

At least it's better than last update, since it was only 5 LostProphets songs and one Paloma Faith song. Considering this update is a lot more 'varied', and it having Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes "Home", and Placebo "Bright Lights" ain't bad, which makes this update a ton of a lot better... for me anyway. ;)

I only wish they made Jodeci's "Freek'n You" as part of the US update; it's only for the UK. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
that Temper Trap song is great, but you've got to have a good falsetto to really pull it off, that and the Edward Sharpe song are good additions. IMO 2 good songs is a definite improvement. there have been several weeks where the update consists of songs i have either never heard before or are on the PS2 discs.

I was browsing on Amazon and then I saw this:
LZ69RcBFYAjxp-82-DHBsXUdB0gNJD9_GqOMM8bCixpwEvqJtuQHedhC-rLvo1P1KSeYgMv-ouWr8wycctlRvKmqCYtB4t5bs_54X6paaGkq5CaRUtzsBNOWUkstdcWkKuTDjchSuGLdSThY1DnDywDJlHxbroojMJR8ZQXxPwxVQgDRMnU

What the F. There is no SingStar US god. :lol:
Complete tracklist below. Msrp is $40 and I'll wait for a price drop before buying it. Sigh.

101 Dalmatians - Cruella De Vil
A Bug's Life - The Time of Your Life
Aladdin - A Whole New World
Beauty and the Beast - Be Our Guest
Cars - Our Town
Cars - Real Gone
Cinderella - A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
Cinderella - Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo
Cinderella - So This is Love
Cinderella - The Work Song
The Jungle Book - I Wanna Be Like You
The Jungle Book - The Bare Necessities
Lady and The Tramp - He's A Tramp
The Lion King - Can You Feel the Love Tonight
The Lion King - Hakuna Matata
The Lion King - I Just Can't Wait to be King
The Little Mermaid - Under the Sea
Monsters, Inc - If I Didn't Have You
Mary Poppins - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Mulan - Reflection
The Princess and The Frog - Almost There
The Princess and The Frog - Dig a Little Deeper
Peter Pan - You Can Fly
Sleeping Beauty - I Wonder
Sleeping Beauty - Once Upon a Dream
Toy Story - You've Got a Friend in Me
Toy Story 2 - Woody's Roundup
Toy Story 2 - When She Loved Me
Lilo & Stitch 2 - Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride
Winnie the Pooh - Winnie the Pooh

This disk seems to be heavy on Pixar (

Got a question, I've been buying songs in blocks of 5+ at a time, but for whatever reason end up switching out the game or turning off the PS3 before a song is finished downloading. When I boot up the game next time, do I have to go back to the store to "download all" to continue downloading all the songs that are in my d/l queue??

I just noticed yesterday that I have only a few songs with the checked folder icon (meaning they're on my HDD) and the rest are in queue (folder icon with a down arrow).

Quick question, my PS3 crapped out on me (had to format the HD after it was going nuts on me and am awaiting a box for a repair/exchange). Is there anyway to get the couple of singstar tracks I purchased back by downloading them again? It was only like 3 songs but still it'd be nice to be able to get them again without having to shell out the cash.
Edit-Just answered my own question, it's downloading them now as soon as I popped the disc in and loaded up the game.

This is really messed up: I downloaded Gwen Stefani "What You Waiting For?", and when I play it, the on-screen lyrics are for "Cosmic Girl" by Jamiroquai. What the...???

Anyone else download this song and have the same problem, or something like this with a different song?

That's weird, never had that happen... I have that song (Don't ask... :lol: ), and I've no problem with the lyrics. Try redownloading it again, maybe that'll fix it.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']That's weird, never had that happen... I have that song (Don't ask... :lol: ), and I've no problem with the lyrics. Try redownloading it again, maybe that'll fix it.[/QUOTE]

That is weird if you have the same song and the lyrics are not messed up. Yes, I tried deleting and redownloading it twice, and it still has the "Cosmic Girl" lyrics. I could only find a way to delete it from the in-game Singstar delete screen. Couldn't find a way to delete an individual song from the PS3 HDD screen, only had the option to delete ALL songs. Suppose I could try that route, but it's gonna suck waiting 3 hours to redownload every single song only to find that "What You Waiting For" is still glitched.

Was going to try contacting Sony Support, but figured that would be a useless move and doubt I'd get my money refunded.

From NeoGaf:

US SingStore Update, 8th September 2010

English:
The UK SingStore update is about 2-3 bigger than ours, and I may need to buy a UK PSN card soon... They have "My Girl" from The Temptations! I need to have that song. :/

UK Update 9/8 (aka Hot Diggity!):
Alphabeat The Spell
Eagle-Eye Cherry - Save Tonight
Fyfe Dangerfield - She’s Always A Woman
Guy Sebastian feat. Jordin Sparks - Art Of Love
Iggy Pop - Real Wild Child (Wild One)
James Morrison - Please Don’t Stop The Rain
Kate Nash - Do Wah Doo
Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway
Korn - Twisted Transistor
Locnville - Sun In My Pocket
Nelly Furtado - Turn Off The Light
Taio Cruz - Dirty Picture
The Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up
The Temptations - My Girl
Tom Jones - Delilah
Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-go
Wolfmother - New Moon Rising

Definitely picking up Eagle Eye Cherry, Kelly Clarkson, The Temptations, and Wham!

bread's done
Back