Siren: Blood Curse - Gen Discussion & Info

I'm definitely interested in this game. The PS Blog even made a reference to Play-Asia to import a copy if you want the blu-ray (like me.. I have issues with digital downloads)

[quote name='QiG']I'm definitely interested in this game. The PS Blog even made a reference to Play-Asia to import a copy if you want the blu-ray (like me.. I have issues with digital downloads)[/QUOTE]I think the main reason the game isn't a blu-ray disc download is because it really bombed in retail stateside (I mean, it could be found very cheap shortly after), which is the main reason why SCEA doesn't want to release a disc stateside. Also, downloads just don't sell in Japan, so a retail presence is pretty much a must there.

Yep. It costs a lot of money to do a disc print run. Meanwhile it costs less for the bandwidth to sell it to people. They don't need to market it that much since it won't be sitting on shelves (which cost money to rent the space for a game) and anyone who wants it can buy it.

I'll be getting the Japanese disc based version... Loved the demo, although I found it a bit easy, hope the difficulty gets upped.

played the demo, very "Meh..." for me. I was hoping that it would be sort of a Jhorror movie in a game, but from what I played it was just a sort of zombie/bad re4 rip-off kind of game.

Also the camera was terrible, but I can see how it could work, since you cant see in front of you real well and it hides a lot of stuff.

It also got a 9/10 from Eurogamer.

I absolutely love the demo and can't stop playing. Definitely a purchase for me and a very nice change of pace from what I have.

I played the demo... While i like the creepiness of the story, but not fond of the control and graphic. I find it annoying to constantly readjust the camera angle using the right stick, especially when holding the gun walking and there's a slight left or right turn...

Overall, it seems to be an okay game, but definitely not day one material IMO.

I like the game, but I didn't like the controls that much, the combat felt really good, and the game is very suspenseful. I might givethe game a shot, because the story is interesting.

North America release date and pricing revealed from IGN http://ps3.ign.com/articles/890/890574p1.html:

On July 24, 2008, all twelve episodes will be released for you to purchase from the PlayStation Network and dive into. You can grab the episodes in packs of three for $14.99 a pack, or you can save yourself five bucks and pick up all 12 at once for $39.99.

I think IGN must mean there are three separate 4-episode packs, otherwise their math doesn't add up. I'm going to try the demo later today as I'm in the mood for some good survival horror.

The whole game is 9GB............... arkeljarkljfalkjdflajkf
Anyone know if the JPN release has english?

Well, I know the characters speak English, but the menus and in game hints are in moon language. :(

I'm probably going to order the Asian version on Blu-Ray... as I don't like Digital Distribution :\

fyi: the Asian version has English

[quote name='UjnHunter']I'm probably going to order the Asian version on Blu-Ray... as I don't like Digital Distribution :\

fyi: the Asian version has English[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I ordered a copy today from play-asia.

[quote name='coolz481']North America release date and pricing revealed from IGN http://ps3.ign.com/articles/890/890574p1.html:

On July 24, 2008, all twelve episodes will be released for you to purchase from the PlayStation Network and dive into. You can grab the episodes in packs of three for $14.99 a pack, or you can save yourself five bucks and pick up all 12 at once for $39.99.

I think IGN must mean there are three separate 4-episode packs, otherwise their math doesn't add up. I'm going to try the demo later today as I'm in the mood for some good survival horror.[/QUOTE]Actually, it adds up. I think what they really mean is (which adds up), you can buy 4 episodes for $14.99. Having all would be $45. Buying everything together is $40.

I'll go ahead and post the link:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-15-Siren-70-2q0u.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can't stop playing this demo, I really like the game. I'm debating whether I import the Asia version for $55 for buy off the PS Store for $40. Most likely, I'll buy on PSN. I'm putting up a Siren sig/avatar next week for sure.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'd like this game a lot more if I could actually see what I'm looking at. Other than that, it's decent for the price.[/QUOTE]

Camera is a little weird for me too. But I like the game.

[quote name='finsfan0210']is it goin to be released on disc the same day?[/QUOTE]Pretty close, but you gotta import if you want the disc (I think part of the reason they disc is Japan only since the first Siren bombed pretty bad here).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Pretty close, but you gotta import if you want the disc (I think part of the reason they disc is Japan only since the first Siren bombed pretty bad here).[/quote]

that sucks i'd get it but i've got a 40 gig model so 9 gigs of space is too much for one game.

[quote name='finsfan0210']that sucks i'd get it but i've got a 40 gig model so 9 gigs of space is too much for one game.[/QUOTE]Well, actually, you can download each episode individually (although it's in a bundle) to save on space. That's how it works.

Even if you got the disc, it may not run off of it. Any PS3 game that's a download and disc, the disc is only used for those who cannot buy/access PSN. When the disc is bought, it still installs on PS3. Not sure if Siren is the same way, but it would not surprise me.

Really enjoyed the demo, looking forward to this. I'll probably get it on Thursday, but my download speed on PS3 is terrible. Takes me a day to download a demo. Not looking forward to downloading 9GB.

[quote name='refusedchaos']does anyone know if the Japanese version has english on it? i know the Asian version does but i only like buying Japanese releases[/QUOTE]I believe the Japanese version is Japanese only, according to Play-Asia, but only Play-Asia told me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mykevermin']$40 for a non-resellable digital copy of a game?

Well, there went my interest, which had been pretty high until this point.[/QUOTE]You can just import for $10 more (if you can get a coupon), like some are. I mean, you might not be able to re-sell at Gamestop, but I'm sure there are CAG members or people on ebay who would love it.

[quote name='refusedchaos']does anyone know if the Japanese version has english on it? i know the Asian version does but i only like buying Japanese releases[/QUOTE]I believe the Japanese version is Japanese only, according to Play-Asia, but only Play-Asia told me.

I usually keep my games unless it's something I don't like, so I'm all right. I like the idea of being split up because that could save me money (I rarely finish games these days), but at the same time, I rather buy all and save $5.

I wish there was a disc version I could buy (that I didn't have to import). I'm not into paying that much for a download only game. It would take me for forever to download, takes up a lot of space, and I can't do anything with it once I beat it.

Last edited:
From what has been said at GAF, the disc still has a 5GB install (for the imports).

Basically it comes down to 9GB split up into Chapters for download (you can either download everything at once or delete, download the next chapter), or just take 5GB to install.

Dang, I don't know if it's worth it to save 4GB and get the disc.

I think I'm just going to upgrade my 120GB HDD to 320GB HDD.
I saw one on sale for $97 or some other really cheap price.

[quote name='dallow']Dang, I don't know if it's worth it to save 4GB and get the disc.

I think I'm just going to upgrade my 120GB HDD to 320GB HDD.
I saw one on sale for $97 or some other really cheap price.[/QUOTE]Well, you can actually save space by downloading, since you don't need to download all Chapters at once I believe. When you are done with Chapter 1, you can remove and download Chapter 2. I have over 150GB of space, so I don't care. :D

just ordered the Asian version... hope it's good! ;) i have Siren for the PS2 (backlog...) I'm curious about Siren 2 but it was Japan only....

[quote name='bartman2']Any idea when this will be on the Store? I'm waiting excitedly to buy this.[/QUOTE]

Should be today whenever they update

bread's done
Back