Siren: Blood Curse - Gen Discussion & Info

[quote name='The Mana Knight']From what has been said at GAF, the disc still has a 5GB install (for the imports).

Basically it comes down to 9GB split up into Chapters for download (you can either download everything at once or delete, download the next chapter), or just take 5GB to install.[/quote]

Wow that a lot too. I'd rather have it all in the same place. I'm goofy like that. I don't want only say Chapter 2 and 4 on my PS3. I want them all in one place.

Asking about the soundtrack because quite a few ebay sellers have them already (supposedly) and i'm wondering if its the real deal or not so i can take the plunge ...

did anyone download this and play it yet? i am still debating about getting it at $39.99, maybe i'll just start off with the early chapters pack for $14.99 and get the rest if i do get into it. it only comes out to be 5 dollars more, if its worth it then i wouldnt mind.

[quote name='hawkhogan']Asking about the soundtrack because quite a few ebay sellers have them already (supposedly) and i'm wondering if its the real deal or not so i can take the plunge ...[/quote]
It was a pre-order bonus, I don't think all of them come with it.
Dang, I think I'll order off ebay as well.

Man, the attention to detail in this is amazing. In addition to gathering documents and video archives.. if you look close enough, you'll find website addresses on various documents that will actually work when you type them in on a web browser.

his is the blog of the character(the high school kid with the baseball-style tshirt) from Chapter 1.
www.hw-biker.blog-paradise.com

I need clarification on this...is the Japanese version even remotely playable to a native English speaker, or would I be screwed for a lack of English menus (although I hear the voice acting is in English)?

oh god the installs take for fuckING EVER. I bought the full set on PSN, but i'll have to finish the game next month. So not to overdo my bandwidth limit for the month.

[quote name='mberkes']I need clarification on this...is the Japanese version even remotely playable to a native English speaker, or would I be screwed for a lack of English menus (although I hear the voice acting is in English)?[/quote]If you get the Asian import, (not japanese) you can turn on english voices, english menus, and english help text.

[quote name='Gabers']Man, the attention to detail in this is amazing. In addition to gathering documents and video archives.. if you look close enough, you'll find website addresses on various documents that will actually work when you type them in on a web browser.

his is the blog of the character(the high school kid with the baseball-style tshirt) from Chapter 1.
www.hw-biker.blog-paradise.com[/quote]Cool!
This too:

The best localization I've ever seen... great casting, and when a Japanese character speaks English to an American character, it is with a thick accent.

Game sounds awesome, darn shipping!

Alright so how is the game? I might impulse purchase the first set of episodes since I like having stuff on my hard drive that I can just play without having to change the disc.

[quote name='evergoo']For those who are still hesitant, this game is SHAREABLE.

*Cough* check out my sig *cough*[/QUOTE]

I'm in for the sharing group.

can anyone recommend a place to get a hard copy of siren with the soundtrack? i see one on ebay for about 59 shipped, seems like a decent deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
man I wish Japanese PS2 games were compatible with the US PS3... doh! I want to get Siren 2... but I play all my PS2 games on my PS3 now... hate to have to hook up my PS2 to play it... I can't wait to get my copy of Siren: Blood Curse tho!

I finally played the game and liking it so far. You can delete episodes in game.

The first Episode was quite short, but episode II is a bit longer. I won't say this is one of the better games (I can see some lower budget qualities), but it's cool nonetheless. Definitely different from other stuff.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I finally played the game and liking it so far. You can delete episodes in game.

The first Episode was quite short, but episode II is a bit longer. I won't say this is one of the better games (I can see some lower budget qualities), but it's cool nonetheless. Definitely different from other stuff.[/quote]

It gets much more intense and exciting as the story progresses. I was thinking the same after the first couple of episodes, but parts of Ep 3 scared the living crap out of me.

I'm fairly new to owning a PS3 and was wondering if there's a way to download this onto a thumb drive from a PC and then transfer it to a PS3, since I don't have boradband at home.

And if not, can someone link me to a good deal on a disc versio nof the game (one that'll work on American PS3s with English subtitles at the least).

After reading through the thread I'm quite intrigued and am wondering if I need to have played the first siren to understand this one? I plan to eventually play the first but is it necessary to understand this one?

thanks,
bill123

There's probably some small amount of crossover since it's the same event as in Siren 1, but this one was created specifically for Western audiences (despite it's very Japanese tone). Siren 1 bombed here in the West, so this one was made so that new players could get into it.

Me and my GF loved the demo. So I purchased the first four episodes, and was stunned to see that one episode is as long (and shorter then) the demo level. Definitely not worth 15 bucks for what, 5-10 minutes of play?

BUT, it is really one of the best horror games I have ever seen. If it was longer I am sure it would be a classic. I've only played Episodes 1 and 2. I am going to extend this 10 minute session as long as possible. And will buy 5-12 when they drop in price.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Me and my GF loved the demo. So I purchased the first four episodes, and was stunned to see that one episode is as long (and shorter then) the demo level. Definitely not worth 15 bucks for what, 5-10 minutes of play?

BUT, it is really one of the best horror games I have ever seen. If it was longer I am sure it would be a classic. I've only played Episodes 1 and 2. I am going to extend this 10 minute session as long as possible. And will buy 5-12 when they drop in price.[/QUOTE]The first episode is short, but the game gets longer as you go. It's about a 10 hour game though.

[quote name='bill123']After reading through the thread I'm quite intrigued and am wondering if I need to have played the first siren to understand this one? I plan to eventually play the first but is it necessary to understand this one?[/quote]
From what I understand this is a remake/reimagining of the first Siren. So I would think it's unnecessary to have played the original to understand it.

I still need to try out the demo. I started it for a few moments and it was a little too dark...

where is everyone buying their Siren Blood Curse (or New Translation in Japan) disc versions from? Play-Asia?

Do you guys think the soundtrack is worth an extra $7.25? I can't make up my mind. Even if it is not great, I wonder if it will be worth anything (like Rule of Rose's). If it's not worth anything the last thing I need is another piece of gaming clutter and waste of money.

I'm thinking of going with the OST version since I won't kick myself as much when the game drops to like $30 (if it does). I'll be able to say, "at least I got the soundtrack that isn't available now."

[quote name='tenzor']where is everyone buying their Siren Blood Curse (or New Translation in Japan) disc versions from? Play-Asia?[/QUOTE]Pretty much, but only the Asia version is in English.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Pretty much, but only the Asia version is in English.[/QUOTE]

Just want to confirm, but if I order the Asia version, can I play it on my NTSC-UC PS3? Because if so, I think I'll just do that. fuck DLC and not having a physical copy.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Just want to confirm, but if I order the Asia version, can I play it on my NTSC-UC PS3? Because if so, I think I'll just do that. fuck DLC and not having a physical copy.[/QUOTE]Yes, PS3 is region free on ALL games. You can import games from Asia or Japan and play them on a U.S. PS3 (NTSC isn't even associated with PS3). I know many who are playing the Asia version on a U.S. PS3 and plays fine.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yes, PS3 is region free on ALL games. You can import games from Asia or Japan and play them on a U.S. PS3 (NTSC isn't even associated with PS3). I know many who are playing the Asia version on a U.S. PS3 and plays fine.[/QUOTE]

Kick ass. Guess I'll be ordering it then.

EDIT: Ugh, Play-asia's got it.... for like $55+shipping. Don't know if I want to pay that much. Anyone find it cheaper elsewhere?

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Do you guys think the soundtrack is worth an extra $7.25? I can't make up my mind. Even if it is not great, I wonder if it will be worth anything (like Rule of Rose's). If it's not worth anything the last thing I need is another piece of gaming clutter and waste of money.

I'm thinking of going with the OST version since I won't kick myself as much when the game drops to like $30 (if it does). I'll be able to say, "at least I got the soundtrack that isn't available now."[/quote]
I've seen the soundtrack only on sale for 8 bucks if you just want that and wait on the game.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Kick ass. Guess I'll be ordering it then.

EDIT: Ugh, Play-asia's got it.... for like $55+shipping. Don't know if I want to pay that much. Anyone find it cheaper elsewhere?[/QUOTE]You can use a $5 Play-Asia coupon on it to bring it's price down. If you need a coupon for it, I have one (haven't given out the code yet).

[quote name='Maklershed']How is Play-Asia ... pretty safe, secure? I'm thinking of making a purchase.[/QUOTE]Play-Asia is great. I like them because I can use Paypal if I want. The only thing is it may take a week to get stuff, since it comes from Hong Kong.

[quote name='Maklershed']How is Play-Asia ... pretty safe, secure? I'm thinking of making a purchase.[/QUOTE]

They're great. Ordered from them many times with zero problems. Even their cheap shipping is fairly fast.

I need to think if I really want to pay ~$55 shipped for this. I'll let you know if I am interested in your code, TMK. I appreciate the offer.

EDIT: Yesasia has it for $53 shipped. They are also very reputable.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']They're great. Ordered from them many times with zero problems. Even their cheap shipping is fairly fast.

I need to think if I really want to pay ~$55 shipped for this. I'll let you know if I am interested in your code, TMK. I appreciate the offer.

EDIT: Yesasia has it for $53 shipped. They are also very reputable.[/QUOTE]

and yesasia has free shipping...

Just got my Asian disc version in the mail yesterday... I paid $54.30 after shipping & $5 coupon... and I wasn't expecting to get a soundtrack CD but to my surprise it came with one! I didn't see anywhere on the webpage that it comes with the soundtrack, so YMMV?

It doesn't make much sense to me why people on CAG, of all places, are willing to pay 10-20 dollars more to get the exact same game on a piece of plastic after waiting 1-2 weeks for it to arrive from Hong Kong instead of downloading it overnight for a mere $40. And don't pull the "but I like having discs" crap, because all of you have bought other PSN or XBLA titles, and you don't have discs for those, either.

If you guys really want to spend another $20, send it to me. I might lose my job before the end of the year and I could use the money.

bread's done
Back