Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Mega Pack $49.99 with Coupon PS3/Xbox/Wii in-store

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Logged into my RWZ account and found this coupon.

$50 Off Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Mega Pack. Regular price $99.99.

For a limited time, save $50 on the Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Mega Pack for Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii. In store only. Offer Valid through 4/29-5/12 Must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club Member.

Store Locator

Ps3
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

Xbox
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...geMode=searchmode&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

Wii
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a 360 pack at the register and was told "Duplicate Data Found" when I tried to use my coupon. I didn't even know about this until today, but was pretty annoyed when the cashier and manager had no real help for me except to call the reward zone customer service about it. I don't know if maybe the cashier did things out of order, but I just left and figured I'd hang on to my money.

Edit: Turns out the mistake was probably scanning my card as well as the coupon, which I had in my hand by habit. Kept that sucker in my wallet and everything went smoothly. Glad that 360 pack didn't go anywhere.

So, I could buy the game for $50, sell the figures new on ebay for $20 - $25, and get the main game essentially free?

Ohhhhh, i'm so driving 15 miles to the nearest best buy! Even if I do have to pay $5 in highway fees...

[quote name='confoosious']:roll:

Why do people have to say stupid shit just because they aren't interested in a game. Just stfu and leave well enough alone.[/QUOTE]

Because its the internet and everyone has to voice their opinion, no matter how dumb it may be.

I want to pick this up but I don't want to have a new drug. This whole collecting figures seems like it break my wallet trying to collect certain ones.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Because its the internet and everyone has to voice their opinion, no matter how dumb it may be.[/QUOTE]

So you don't think the sale and popularity trends of beanie babies is similar to that of Skylander's?

I see the same exact trends and I'm predicting the same fizzle.

Maybe the reason why so many non skylander fanatics troll so much is we are tired of seeing a half dozen new skylander threads every day stating that x y or z is back in stock.

They are either over producing or the demand isn't there anymore because I've got news for you... I"m not seeing empty shelves anymore.

My girls LOVE this game. I wish I could see which 3-pack is in it. They already have 20+ characters, but they want the ones they don't have. What great marketing. It's like video game Pokemon, "try to catch them all." LOL

[quote name='youenvy']free $10 shopping code when ordering $100 with store pick up.

seems with this skylander deal people will be halfway there to the $100.

http://www.bestbuy.com/[/QUOTE]

Hmm, so you could buy it for $100 on BB.com instore pick up. Have them price match the coupon, and you could still keep the 10 shopping code?

That makes the price ridiculous.

$25 each for both packs.
$30 selling the starter pack used.
$10 shopping code.

So for $50 you get $90 + Entertainment of enjoying the game. Or $110 if you just want to flip it.

[quote name='thebob101']My girls LOVE this game. I wish I could see which 3-pack is in it. They already have 20+ characters, but they want the ones they don't have. What great marketing. It's like video game Pokemon, "try to catch them all." LOL[/QUOTE]

Its the one with Chop Chop in it. and the adventure pack is the one with Terrafin...I just checked in store.

[quote name='karyadi']Oh wow, it's actually 9 figures. Damn you work, I wanna pick this up but I can't.[/QUOTE]

ME TOO! I keep crossing fingers that NO ONE posts this on SLICKDEALS yet as once it's posted there, I'm 100% the one store around me will be picked clean. :cry:

[quote name='GBAstar']So you don't think the sale and popularity trends of beanie babies is similar to that of Skylander's?

I see the same exact trends and I'm predicting the same fizzle.

Maybe the reason why so many non skylander fanatics troll so much is we are tired of seeing a half dozen new skylander threads every day stating that x y or z is back in stock.[/QUOTE]

Then like confoosious said, stfu, ignore it and move along. But that's not enough for you guys, is it?

Keep your eyes open at BB too, guys and gals, the next 3 pack is starting to pop up at BB stores. Ready to get Camo & Warnado!

Think I might go ahead and pull the trigger on this for my 5 year old (soon to be 6) son. I have $20 in reward zone certs so it'll bring it down to $30. Not too shabby.

[quote name='confoosious']I already have it but I might want to get it for the 3 packs. I can't tell from the picture what 3 packs are in it.

also, is the starter pack sealed by itself for gifting/reselling purposes?[/QUOTE]

There were a few incorrect responses to you so I'll make it clear.

The Mega pack has a sealed Starter Pack (but it will not have the Volcanic Vault which at least when these first came out was common at Best Buy). It also has a sealed regular retail version of Pirate Seas and a sealed regular retail version of the Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash 3-pack (not the Drobot one as someone said earlier).

So you are getting, theoretically, $110 worth of stuff ($70 starter pack, $20 for each pack), though of course you could get at least the starter kit for much cheaper (as little as $35 recently). But $50 for that pack is a great deal if you are just starting out and don't have any of those figures yet.

And yeah, PS3 portal is wireless and 360 portal is wired. The advantage of the 360 one is that you don't need batteries for it. That is actually a nice feature if you don't mind having to plug it into the USB port. It also works on the computer for the web-based game (I think they all do but the 360 one is nicer for that again because it doesn't need batteries).

Wish it wasn't the Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash set. The Legendary one that I just grabbed at Toys R Us has Chop Chop and Bash in it as well. Otherwise might be a cheap way to get three figures and Pirate Seas (which I need) and then flip the Starter Set.

[quote name='io']There were a few incorrect responses to you so I'll make it clear.

The Mega pack has a sealed Starter Pack (but it will not have the Volcanic Vault which at least when these first came out was common at Best Buy). It also has a sealed regular retail version of Pirate Seas and a sealed regular retail version of the Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash 3-pack (not the Drobot one as someone said earlier).

So you are getting, theoretically, $110 worth of stuff ($70 starter pack, $20 for each pack), though of course you could get at least the starter kit for much cheaper (as little as $35 recently). But $50 for that pack is a great deal if you are just starting out and don't have any of those figures yet.

And yeah, PS3 portal is wireless and 360 portal is wired. The advantage of the 360 one is that you don't need batteries for it. That is actually a nice feature if you don't mind having to plug it into the USB port. It also works on the computer for the web-based game (I think they all do but the 360 one is nicer for that again because it doesn't need batteries).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It's all in retail packaging so it's a great way to get some figures cheap. I'm either gonna sell my starter kit or gift it and basically get two packs for pretty cheap.

[quote name='confoosious']Thanks. It's all in retail packaging so it's a great way to get some figures cheap. I'm either gonna sell my starter kit or gift it and basically get two packs for pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they essentially just toss the 3 retail pieces into a big box and call it "Mega" ;).

Went to a BB in Round Rock and got the Xbox version. They had one more left and also a copy for the Wii. The rep also hooked my daughter up with a shirt that was about as big as she was but I thought it was cool that he gave it to her. Going to gift the starter pack to a friend with kids around my daughter's age. Nice find op.

Sweet deal! I was saving up gift cards and RZ points to get this but I was able to pull the trigger now with the coupon. I wish they made a Mega pack for the PC though. Had to drive a little further out to Arlington for the :360: version because it was the only store in the metroplex that had any. Apparently the :360: isn't as common as the :wii: or :ps3: versions. I'll keep the character packs and see if I can't swap out the Starter Pack for a PC version. Also picked up Duke Nukem Forever :360: for $2.99. As silly as the game may be couldn't pass it up for only $2.99.

[quote name='confoosious']If your store is nice you can get a free tshirt too![/QUOTE]

Those shirts said $49.99 at my store yesterday. It was probably a mistake, but i thought it was funny that somone put it on the shelf anyway.

[quote name='confoosious']If your store is nice you can get a free tshirt too![/QUOTE]
How do you get it? Was it an earlier promo or something?

they just have a box of tshirts that say "free with start pack."

because of the coupon, it rang up 49.99 for the shirt but the manager just overrode it.

I may have to take my receipt back tomorrow and see if I can't score a T-Shirt and a Volcanic Vault if there are any left. The last couple of times I bought Skylanders I kept forgetting to get it.

Ended up getting a 360 Mega pack. Was hoping that get that volcanic vault thingy for free with it, but it turns out they don't let you use the $50 off coupon and get that thing for free with it. It's either/or. May go back and blow $25 on figures just to get it..... Best Buy has disappointed me for the first time in a long time....

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Ended up getting a 360 Mega pack. Was hoping that get that volcanic vault thingy for free with it, but it turns out they don't let you use the $50 off coupon and get that thing for free with it. It's either/or. May go back and blow $25 on figures just to get it..... Best Buy has disappointed me for the first time in a long time....[/QUOTE]

Why? There is no sku on the volcanic vault. They don't even have to ring it up. They should be thankful you're taking left over stock. There's a reason they still have them.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Ended up getting a 360 Mega pack. Was hoping that get that volcanic vault thingy for free with it, but it turns out they don't let you use the $50 off coupon and get that thing for free with it. It's either/or. May go back and blow $25 on figures just to get it..... Best Buy has disappointed me for the first time in a long time....[/QUOTE]

You're spending twice the acceptable limit to receive the Vault, for every awesome deal best buy puts out its followed by some bonehead rule. :whistle2:?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Why? There is no sku on the volcanic vault. They don't even have to ring it up. They should be thankful you're taking left over stock. There's a reason they still have them.[/QUOTE]

I had to go to a different store than my usual one to get the pack. My local was sold out. The one I went to is full of incompetent morons and I really like to avoid the location, yet they are the only ones that ever have these deals in stock.

I may try going to my local Best Buy (Independence, MO) because the employees there are fairly top notch compared to the other (Liberty, MO) and try to see if they will give me the deal on a re-ring of the receipt. The gaming rep there is fairly cool.

I will note that the Liberty location had 10+ Wii packs, 4+ PS3 packs, and about 3 360 packs if anyone is interested. However you have to deal with the village idiots that work there.

Before I picked up a 360 pack, I asked a guy in the game section if there were any tshirts left. He said they ran out. So while I was browsing around, he finds me and hands me a bag and tells me I could have it. It had a tshirt and what looks like a mini-portal about the size of a dollar coin (anyone know what this is?). The coupon was not needed for my transaction. When my RZ card was scanned, it automatically deducted $50. I had a RZ cert and GC to make the deal sweeter.

Heavily debating this. I have a few friends totally obsessed with this game, but I've been trying to avoid it.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Before I picked up a 360 pack, I asked a guy in the game section if there were any tshirts left. He said they ran out. So while I was browsing around, he finds me and hands me a bag and tells me I could have it. It had a tshirt and what looks like a mini-portal about the size of a dollar coin (anyone know what this is?). The coupon was not needed for my transaction. When my RZ card was scanned, it automatically deducted $50. I had a RZ cert and GC to make the deal sweeter.[/QUOTE]

You got the Volanic thing...Best Buy exclusive.

For some reason the shirt cancels out the $49.99 coupon and vice versa. So I took the $50 discount obviously and eff the shirt.

If anyone in the LA area is looking for the 360 version, Pacoima had about at least 20 around 5:30PM last night

[quote name='GizmoGC']You got the Volanic thing...Best Buy exclusive.[/QUOTE]

The "free" item they refused to give me. Such fuck ing BS.

I'm really hoping my local store can hook me up if I take my receipt in. I'm all about getting the free swag.

[quote name='superoreo']For some reason the shirt cancels out the $49.99 coupon and vice versa. So I took the $50 discount obviously and eff the shirt.[/QUOTE]

The rep just over-rode that and had a manager approve it. They agreed that this was basically the purchase of a starter pack and removed the $50 charger for the shirt and then the additional $50 for the coupon. Guess it's YMMV though

[quote name='shadow17x']The rep just over-rode that and had a manager approve it. They agreed that this was basically the purchase of a starter pack and removed the $50 charger for the shirt and then the additional $50 for the coupon. Guess it's YMMV though[/QUOTE]

Yeah normally I would but a) the shirt is aiyt. b) the CSR was eyeballing my coupon like I made it up or something. I was like, what do you think it I faked it?

[quote name='superoreo']Yeah normally I would but a) the shirt is aiyt. b) the CSR was eyeballing my coupon like I made it up or something. I was like, what do you think it I faked it?[/QUOTE]

the deal is actually posted on their website and links directly off of your rewards zone page. let him eyeball it all he wants, it's a company deal that he has to honor. the shirt and volcanic vault is another issue. might try going back today and see if they have any spares of the volcanic vault.

Woot! Got one and used reward points too :) Thanks for the heads up, OP!

The Volcanic vault rung up at $25.00 for some reason when they scanned it, so he checked with some other guy and apparently the promotion is over. I didn't make a fuss over it though, the deal is already awesome

so any others confirm they can just pullup your RZ # and the price will ring up?

also is there any way to tell if the mega pack has the Volcano thing?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']
also is there any way to tell if the mega pack has the Volcano thing?[/QUOTE]

It does not.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so any others confirm they can just pullup your RZ # and the price will ring up?

also is there any way to tell if the mega pack has the Volcano thing?[/QUOTE]Correct. Once they pull up your RZ, there should be a prompt on their screen informing them of the promotion. I didn't print out a coupon or anything. Just brought the Mega Pack to checkout.

[quote name='Arkham']Got one for my son and daughter. thanks op[/QUOTE]Did you buy two from the same RZ number? I would like to purchase another one and was curious if their systems would allow it.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Did you buy two from the same RZ number? I would like to purchase another one and was curious if their systems would allow it.[/QUOTE]

The print out states only one offer per account

bread's done
Back