Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Mega Pack $49.99 with Coupon PS3/Xbox/Wii in-store

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Logged into my RWZ account and found this coupon.

$50 Off Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Mega Pack. Regular price $99.99.

For a limited time, save $50 on the Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Mega Pack for Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii. In store only. Offer Valid through 4/29-5/12 Must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club Member.

Store Locator

Ps3
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

Xbox
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...geMode=searchmode&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

Wii
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost grabbed the standard Skylanders set for 50% off ($35) at a closing Sears a few weeks ago. This surprisingly AWESOME deal made me so grateful I didn't. $50 coupon plus $10 coupon from a few days back brought this to $44 and change after tax. Incredible.

... until I popped the disc in only to find it's defective. Ah well, the price makes the hassle easier to bear.

So i went but they had n ps3 or xbox versions and had like 20 of the wii versions

but on the way the way to my girlfriends i just figured since you guys said the starter pack is a sealed retail one, so i can buy the wii megapack, then take the starter pack to walmart and say i grAbbed the wrong console one and trade it for an xbox pack, and still keep the toy packs from the mega pack , right?

i ended up getting the PS3 version. Me and the Son are enjoying it so far. I can see the addiction to buying more figures. Kudos to activision taking a chance on something unique and different. Something the video game world needed.

[quote name='Rylin210']So i went but they had n ps3 or xbox versions and had like 20 of the wii versions

but on the way the way to my girlfriends i just figured since you guys said the starter pack is a sealed retail one, so i can buy the wii megapack, then take the starter pack to walmart and say i grAbbed the wrong console one and trade it for an xbox pack, and still keep the toy packs from the mega pack , right?[/QUOTE]

Technically that's return fraud, however, if you are going to try then Wal-Mart would be the only store you'd be able to get away with it, their return policy is a joke unless it's an Air Mattress haha! I got the :360: version but I'd much rather have the PC version so I'm going to see if I can't sell it and go pick up a PC version at Fry's or MicroCenter.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Technically that's return fraud, however, if you are going to try then Wal-Mart would be the only store you'd be able to get away with it, their return policy is a joke unless it's an Air Mattress haha! I got the :360: version but I'd much rather have the PC version so I'm going to see if I can't sell it and go pick up a PC version at Fry's or MicroCenter.[/QUOTE]

Usually im not a douche like that, i work at a store that has a joke return policy (lowes) and that shit annoys me, howrver im not trying to come up on money, and they arguable can sell what i gave them for the same peice so maybe thats why i dont feel bad

[quote name='Rylin210']Usually im not a douche like that, i work at a store that has a joke return policy (lowes) and that shit annoys me, howrver im not trying to come up on money, and they arguable can sell what i gave them for the same peice so maybe thats why i dont feel bad[/QUOTE]

justifying it doesn't make you less of a douche.

[quote name='confoosious']justifying it doesn't make you less of a douche.[/QUOTE]

When youre right, youre right

[quote name='Retro Legends']i ended up getting the PS3 version. Me and the Son are enjoying it so far. I can see the addiction to buying more figures. Kudos to activision taking a chance on something unique and different. Something the video game world needed.[/QUOTE]

I kinda disagree on this just due to the fact that they are basically locking content that's already in the game just to make more profit from kids having there parents shell out more money for the figures. I not saying this games bad its just that I hope not alot more developers follow this trend or we are all going to be broke from having to buy more dlc content that's locked from the disk. Just my opinion

[quote name='bringerofdeath']I kinda disagree on this just due to the fact that they are basically locking content that's already in the game just to make more profit from kids having there parents shell out more money for the figures. I not saying this games bad its just that I hope not alot more developers follow this trend or we are all going to be broke from having to buy more dlc content that's locked from the disk. Just my opinion[/QUOTE]
Isn't that already happening with DLC from regular games? I mean they come out with GOTY versions eventually but it's about the same mindset.
At least they are being creative about it and kiddies got these neat figurines to collect.

[quote name='iduncurr']Isn't that already happening with DLC from regular games? I mean they come out with GOTY versions eventually but it's about the same mindset.
At least they are being creative about it and kiddies got these neat figurines to collect.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but in all honesty this is prob the most expensive out of all of the games that do the dlc thing. I mean i think its like 8 bucks for basically 1 character? Thats alot especially a kid to save up for.

^Also, just wanted to quickly point out that data (levels, gold, skills, etc) is stored to the figures themselves and can be used between other versions of Skylanders as well as being forward compatible with the next Skylanders game that is coming out.

The SKU for starter pack and 3 packs are different than what's inside the mega pack. In case someone is planning to fraud.

Well, what's the DLC average? I've seen it range from $4.99 to $14.99 depending on what type on content.
At least you get a figurine for it, and holds some resell value with it (you can actually trade it in GS while DLC is just stuck on your console).

I don't even play this, I'm just being a devil's advocate. -shrugs-
I'm actually going to youtube gameplay to see what all the hype is about.

I decided to purchase said Sklyander's heroin addiction starter kit as mentioned before. It was too good of a deal to pass up and I was on the fence about purchasing it for a few months.

I can see everyone's point about the overpriced dlc for just one character, but being a toy collector, I was considering collecting the figures just for the sake of collecting them. As a gamer, I might as well get some gaming use out of them (instead of just pretending that they're fighting Thanos in my mind). :)

So someone provide some clarity for me and offer a cliff notes version of how these work... I picked one up for my son's birthday in about a month, and I want to know how they work. But I'm trying to avoid the temptation to open it and try playing after he's in bed.

So do the figures actually have sort of chip in them? Or is it that you just scan some code and you don't need the figures anymore?

For those who are crying about how Skylanders has ruined Spyro...

http://www.vg247.com/2012/02/09/no-rest-for-the-wicked-ted-price-on-insomniacs-future/

And finally, for fun, Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventures. Why bother with all this social and mobile nonsense when we’ve already discovered the real future of gaming?

We have it at home. My kids are really into it.

It’s wild, right? I feel like Child Me’s mind would have exploded at the mere thought of it.

I’m really happy for the franchise, because – when we walked away from it years ago – I was disheartened by the follow-ups to the games we had made. And now, to see it back with a fairly innovative concept is really rewarding for those of us who were on the first three Spyros.

tl;dr version - the CEO of Insomniac thinks this is the best Spyro game since the ones they worked on.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']So someone provide some clarity for me and offer a cliff notes version of how these work... I picked one up for my son's birthday in about a month, and I want to know how they work. But I'm trying to avoid the temptation to open it and try playing after he's in bed.

So do the figures actually have sort of chip in them? Or is it that you just scan some code and you don't need the figures anymore?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they have a chip in the base that communicates with the game via RFID. As you upgrade and level up your character, all the EXP is stored permanently on the chip in the base. The figure has to stay on the base the entire time you play. Each figure is essentially a "life" in a level, the more figures you have, the more chances you have to beat the level. If you remove a figure and put another on the portal, you change characters mid-level and become that new character. You use that mechanic to open up new areas within the game.
My son brings his leveled up characters over to his friends' houses and plays on their games, helping them to advance -- even if they play on the Wii and he's on the 360. It's a very cool product actually. Also the figures are really detailed and cool looking for the most part.

[quote name='Rylin210']So i went but they had n ps3 or xbox versions and had like 20 of the wii versions

but on the way the way to my girlfriends i just figured since you guys said the starter pack is a sealed retail one, so i can buy the wii megapack, then take the starter pack to walmart and say i grAbbed the wrong console one and trade it for an xbox pack, and still keep the toy packs from the mega pack , right?[/QUOTE]

The UPC code on the Skylander Starter Pack in the Mega Pack is different then the UPC on the Starter Pack carried at Wal-Mart. The item will not scan in the system and so there they will not return it.

[quote name='ndcurtis']The UPC code on the Skylander Starter Pack in the Mega Pack is different then the UPC on the Starter Pack carried at Wal-Mart. The item will not scan in the system and so there they will not return it.[/QUOTE]

Serves him right for justifying return fraud. Hope the douche gets stuck with it.

Great Northern has a couple 360's still, along with the free t-shirt. Got $25 after bonuses for SSX in trade. I have no desire to play it, but the wife will.

I was watching the video reviews and it seems neat. I can see how kids and adults would get sucked into collecting everything. I think this is genius business wise. If my kids were a little older I'd probably buy it for them. Well let's see if I can ask my local bb to get a set shipped to their store and be able to apply the coupon. I'll probably get it anyways since I read that it's forward compatible with the expansion?

Thank you OP I just found a 360 version at my local BB. I will have some fun with this but I am going to have to resist the urge to buy extra characters. I will probably sell the additional packs off to make this an even better deal.

Been waiting for a good deal on Skylanders as it seemed like the perfect game to play with my 3.5 year old. Grabbed the ps3 version today. Glad I did. Way more fun than it needed to be.

Of course I made the mistake of going over the included poster with my kid before playing. As soon as we reached an area that needed a type that we didn't have he told me we should just go to Target and buy it.

Love the fact that you're switching Skylanders throughout each level - my kid was happy choosing which one while I played most of it.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Serves him right for justifying return fraud. Hope the douche gets stuck with it.[/QUOTE]

Worked fine for me. Cry more.

[quote name='Slowdance']Worked fine for me. Cry more.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rylin210']lol[/QUOTE]

Gotta love the quality of new people we're getting on this site. :applause:

Is this in-store only?

The product page mentions free shipping, but the offer in my Rewards Zone page says it's in-store. Does the page give a coupon code to use while logged in, or do I actually have to go to a store? (The nearest one is half an hour away and I'm at work right now.)

(BTW, please don't flame too hard. I've read the entire thread and didn't see anything mentioned. Had the RZ membership forever, but had never checked for coupons in my account.)

[quote name='confoosious']Gotta love the quality of new people we're getting on this site. :applause:[/QUOTE]

*Hates shady people too*

[quote name='emperordahc']Is this in-store only?

The product page mentions free shipping, but the offer in my Rewards Zone page says it's in-store. Does the page give a coupon code to use while logged in, or do I actually have to go to a store? (The nearest one is half an hour away and I'm at work right now.)

(BTW, please don't flame too hard. I've read the entire thread and didn't see anything mentioned. Had the RZ membership forever, but had never checked for coupons in my account.)[/QUOTE]

i'm 99% sure it's in store only.

[quote name='confoosious']i'm 99% sure it's in store only.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* Thanks, bro.

Decide to finally bite on this and can't get it. Oh well.

[quote name='emperordahc']*sigh* Thanks, bro.

Decide to finally bite on this and can't get it. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Actually, wife headed to town, but appears they're all out of stock. Oh well.

*sigh* Thanks, bro. Appears all local-ish stores are sold out. Oh well.

This thing is just sold out everywhere. :/

[quote name='emperordahc']*sigh* Thanks, bro. Appears all local-ish stores are sold out. Oh well.

This thing is just sold out everywhere. :/[/QUOTE]

Don't trust the online stock checker - it said my local BB had none in stock but I picked one up earlier this week from there after being told no from the website.

For the record, i didnt actually do it afterall, so yeah

[quote name='confoosious']Gotta love the quality of new people we're getting on this site. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Seriously, we needs some ban hammers thrown for these people with obviously no lives.

Just bought my pack and guy told me getting a freevault and shirt so i was like cool. rang up pack, shirt and vault . guy says it will package out i say ok. of course one doesnt so tell him to take it off. says well atlease you get a shirt. puts in my rz and boom it gets me the 50 off but it also unpackaged my shirt. so guys like, wrote your saving $4 bucks. tell him to take of shirt and he thinks it will go back but up didnt and i say f it I'll take it like that. i asked if i could just have it but no go. oh well. don't want my kid to put in their mouths. good deal though.

Today is the last day for the reward membership discount... You can get 2X points too :) As for the free t-shirt, it was a no go for me, you can't double dip the promo, i.e. either a free t-shirt OR $50 off, not both :whistle2:( So obviously the $50 off is a better promo :p I haven't open the package yet, but it looks pretty interesting.

[quote name='Serpentor']Today is the last day for the reward membership discount... You can get 2X points too :) As for the free t-shirt, it was a no go for me, you can't double dip the promo, i.e. either a free t-shirt OR $50 off, not both :whistle2:( So obviously the $50 off is a better promo :p I haven't open the package yet, but it looks pretty interesting.[/QUOTE]

Why are you saying today is the last day? I just looked at my RZ account and it says the offer is good through May 12th.

[quote name='io']Why are you saying today is the last day? I just looked at my RZ account and it says the offer is good through May 12th.[/QUOTE]

+1. It goes out the 12th. Good luck finding copies, though. :/

[quote name='io']Why are you saying today is the last day? I just looked at my RZ account and it says the offer is good through May 12th.[/QUOTE]
My bad, I was thinking in terms of weekly sale, apologies...

I am heading over to Braintree later tonight to pick up a megapack, and as a bonus I get cheesecake factory for the first time ever.

So I went to pick up a few games I ordered and stumbled upon the Xbox mega bundle. I wonder if anyone would be willing to trade their Ps3 version.

Edit: They wouldn't let me use the coupon and the free t-shirt though.
Bummer.

None of my stores around here have this. Would there be some way to contact Customer Support and figure out how to get this shipped at the $50 price? I want them to take my money, but I can't find it! :D

I found a 360 one at a store that was listed as unavailable online. It was the last one on shelf and I have read the store checking shows unavailable if a store has less than a few copies.

The mega packs were not on the same shelf with the starter packs (which were near the figures and more accessible). Other stores I've been to, the mega packs were together with everything Skylanders so it may vary based on store.

[quote name='iduncurr']So I went to pick up a few games I ordered and stumbled upon the Xbox mega bundle. I wonder if anyone would be willing to trade their Ps3 version.

Edit: They wouldn't let me use the coupon and the free t-shirt though.
Bummer.[/QUOTE]

Free T-shirt for only Starter Pack. Am I wrong?

[quote name='hiamiyumi']Free T-shirt for only Starter Pack. Am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

The box has a cut out that has the Starter Pack barcode.
Even then, it still packages out cause I was able to get the shirt but then they said they can't use the coupon if I was picking up the shirt.
$50 off > shirt.

Damnit, I kind of want to collect the figurines now...I haven't even played it. I'm just compulsive like that. Doh!

bread's done
Back