Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='Only One Haze']Pretty sure our Target still had some Granite Crushers. We've been pretty lucky as we have seen just about all of the Giants in our local stores. Will have to check out Amazon for the $10 Swarm and Bouncer though, thanks![/QUOTE]

After doing some searching, it seems that they have re-released Granite Crusher. However, word is that they are holding them until 3/17 (along with Jade Flashwing) for their ad which has them on sale for B2G1 Free. So if you see them in the store, they put them out early (they did the same with the Jade Flashwings about a week or so ago, but pulled them). So for a good chance at Granite Crusher, it might be good to check on Sunday.

[quote name='obidawsn']After doing some searching, it seems that they have re-released Granite Crusher. However, word is that they are holding them until 3/17 (along with Jade Flashwing) for their ad which has them on sale for B2G1 Free. So if you see them in the store, they put them out early (they did the same with the Jade Flashwings about a week or so ago, but pulled them). So for a good chance at Granite Crusher, it might be good to check on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Also use the stock locator on target.com for Granite Crusher, becuase he is an exclusive variant he has his open UPC and doesn't share one like all the normal figures.

[quote name='Ninjaharley']Also use the stock locator on target.com for Granite Crusher, becuase he is an exclusive variant he has his open UPC and doesn't share one like all the normal figures.[/QUOTE]

Everyone nearby says "Out of stock". There were a few about an hour away that says "Limited Stock", but I'm pretty sure that means "Out of Stock" as I've seen that before on items and not be able to find them.

============================

As for my TRU experience. Since my TRU was supposed to get a truck in, yesterday, I stopped back by to see if I could do an exchange with some new figures that I needed, but was told all they got in were original series 1 figures. I was baffled by that until I saw they were going to be 50% off ($4.99) next week. It's so strange, though, that they have now put up two big displays for Skylanders at the front of the store, but can't even keep enough to fill the pegs in the video game section. The front displays are filled with random stuff like cases and school supplies with a few series 1 and 3-packs that have been warming the pegs for a long time.

I found two Darklight Crypt at Target. Picked both up, sold one to a CAG and listed the other on Amazon (which sold in less than an hour). Based on this morning's Amazon price ($45 instead of $70), I'd say these are getting pushed out again so keep your eye out.

[quote name='thelonepig']I found two Darklight Crypt at Target. Picked both up, sold one to a CAG and listed the other on Amazon (which sold in less than an hour). Based on this morning's Amazon price ($45 instead of $70), I'd say these are getting pushed out again so keep your eye out.[/QUOTE]

I need to find one there was a mom-n-pop shop in my area that had a few a couple of weekends ago and I didn't pick one up, now they are all long gone. The Darklight Crypt and the Dragon's Peak Adventure set are the two my son really wants. I did see some Dragon's Peaks at my local Wal-Mart but I missed out on those also because I could decide at the time to get it for him. I did pick-up the Pirate's Sea one just to have it but he already has a series two Terrafin so I might just take it back.

Damn I really hope I can find a Darklight Crypt. I actually seen one at a flea market in January for under 40 but I didn't stay playing the game until a week or two later.
Hopefully I get some from target next week, Toys R Us was a bust for me the two times i went this week. Just a bunch of Cynder and Whirlwinds. I don't have Whirlwind but not going to but a second character I all ready have for 50% off.

Just got into the game a few weeks back. Picked up Spyro's Adventure starter pack cheap so gave it a try.
Now I am trying to find all the series 1 figures, already got the 3 adventure packs - still need the darklight crypt pack... going to keep an eye out for it since someone saw it at recently. Was able to pick up the 3 pack with Camo & Warnado & Ignitor from Toys r Us online. Really surprised they had it in stock, been seeing Camo & Warnado go for 20+ each on Ebay... got all 3 for 20 plus took advantage of buy 1 get 1 50% off and got another 3 pack for $12 from series 1...

[quote name='Ninjaharley']Also use the stock locator on target.com for Granite Crusher, becuase he is an exclusive variant he has his open UPC and doesn't share one like all the normal figures.[/QUOTE]

Used the locator and found stores that said in stock. Went to check and one store had the regular Crushers and the other had none. :bomb:

I didn't go back and read all 95 pages to know if this has been mentioned. I just found out that the S2 Light Cores / Giant Figurines/ New Giants Reg Characters don't have POW WOW upgrades and can not change paths in game without reset. So if you want the more powerful / flexible in game stats for the original Skylanders, get the reposed original S2 characters.

Drobot S1 < Drobot S2 Light Core < Drobot S2 Reposed

Last edited by a moderator:
TRU is starting to receive wave 5 giants figures. Case assortment breaks down to one of each giant per box.

I know how some people like pictures
20130315_132018.jpg

Hey prim any sightings or news of a re-print on the adventure packs or Boomer from the original game? I have been seeing some of the semi-harder too find guys poping up at my local store. (i.e. Voovood & Series One Flameslinger)

Picked up Hot Dog, S2 Cynder (never got the first one), Flashwing, and Chill today at TRU B1G1 50% off. Was excited to get the Hot Dog, the guy still had them in the box behind the counter and told us about it.

Went to Target to pick up Jade Flashwing. Not only were they still in the stockroom, the B2G1 hasnt been activated in the system yet. Gotta love Target for not only keeping up with their ads, but their promotions as well.

I picked up Lightcore Shroom & a V2 Drill Sergent to complete the B2G1. I really wanted LC Jetvac rather than Drill Sergent. Hopefully another store will have Jetvac so I can switch em out and pay the extra $1

[quote name='Bezerker']Went to Target to pick up Jade Flashwing. Not only were they still in the stockroom, the B2G1 hasnt been activated in the system yet. Gotta love Target for not only keeping up with their ads, but their promotions as well.

I picked up Lightcore Shroom & a V2 Drill Sergent to complete the B2G1. I really wanted LC Jetvac rather than Drill Sergent. Hopefully another store will have Jetvac so I can switch em out and pay the extra $1[/QUOTE]

Same here they had to manually do it for me. Some asshole in front of me bought the only 5 Jade Flashwings they had on opening. He did actually ask if I wanted one which I didn't since I have one and not worth my tmie to mess with ebay. Mine had all the adventure packs but Darklight Crypt. Sucks since less than 2 weeks ago I ordered all three for 75. Never have seen them in stock at my target before. I didn't get anything because they only had two that I needed and one was Eye Brawl and the other was Prism Break.

Went to Toys R Us for the 4.99 Spyro's Adventure Skylanders and the electronics person didn't know crap about the Skylanders sale and still had the promos from last week up. Shelves were bare on opening. I was first one to the Skylanders and got the only Drobot and Ignitor. The rest were just Whirlwind and Legendary Trigger Happy. I got a second Legendary Trigger Happy to go over 20 bucks so I could get the 5 dollar gift card and gave it to a friend. I might check back later this week and see if they stock more. My Toys R Us sucks and they probably have a box of them in the back and too lazy to do anything with it. Oh well at least I got Drobot. I have been wanting him but didn't want to get the s2 lightcore one.

[quote name='ajh2298']Hey prim any sightings or news of a re-print on the adventure packs or Boomer from the original game? I have been seeing some of the semi-harder too find guys poping up at my local store. (i.e. Voovood & Series One Flameslinger)[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I havn't really been keeping tabs on which Spyro Adventure figures come in. Not too many people come into my store looking for any of the older stuff. Adventure packs will trickle in every so often, but not often enough. As far as singles go, since we keep getting the same couple waves, the same figures keep sitting on the pegs keeping any new shipments coming in because of stock levels.

[quote name='obidawsn']I assume you were at Wal-mart. The glow-in-the-dark one was Sonic Boom. There are tons of those lying around and have been for months. The other is Drill Sargeant. I've heard reports that they are just sitting around, too, but I've yet to find one. Not really interested, though, as I picked up a regular one for $6 on Amazon.

About the only ones people are looking for, now, are the new ones (Ninjini, Spyro, Hot Dog, and Wrecking Ball). There are a few variants, such as the Legendary figures at TRU or the Molten Hot Dog from Walmart. Most of those will probably become easy to find (except for possibly the Legendary figures) after a few weeks. Thumpback and Eye Brawl were hot items just a month ago and now they are everywhere.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the information.

I was in Gamers in Villa Rica. They sell used skylanders along with just about everything else.

Found three of the four original adventure packs re-stocked at my local Wal-Mart tonight the only one missing was Darklight Crypt again. Does anybody remember how these were shipped out is it like ten to a box with three of the other ones to only one Darklight Crypt?

[quote name='ajh2298']Found three of the four original adventure packs re-stocked at my local Wal-Mart tonight the only one missing was Darklight Crypt again. Does anybody remember how these were shipped out is it like ten to a box with three of the other ones to only one Darklight Crypt?[/QUOTE]

They come six to a case. Most likely two of each of the three you found.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Same here they had to manually do it for me. Some asshole in front of me bought the only 5 Jade Flashwings they had on opening. He did actually ask if I wanted one which I didn't since I have one and not worth my tmie to mess with ebay. Mine had all the adventure packs but Darklight Crypt. Sucks since less than 2 weeks ago I ordered all three for 75. Never have seen them in stock at my target before. I didn't get anything because they only had two that I needed and one was Eye Brawl and the other was Prism Break.

Went to Toys R Us for the 4.99 Spyro's Adventure Skylanders and the electronics person didn't know crap about the Skylanders sale and still had the promos from last week up. Shelves were bare on opening. I was first one to the Skylanders and got the only Drobot and Ignitor. The rest were just Whirlwind and Legendary Trigger Happy. I got a second Legendary Trigger Happy to go over 20 bucks so I could get the 5 dollar gift card and gave it to a friend. I might check back later this week and see if they stock more. My Toys R Us sucks and they probably have a box of them in the back and too lazy to do anything with it. Oh well at least I got Drobot. I have been wanting him but didn't want to get the s2 lightcore one.[/QUOTE]

Strange how different stores have different stuff. For months, our store has had tons of S1 Drobots and Ignitors warming the pegs (along with Whirlwinds). There's been a few Voodoods, Flameslingers, and Double Troubles also just sitting around. I've never seen a Legendary Trigger Happy, despite everyone acting like they are the easiest figure to find. I kind of want to get in on the $4.99 deal, but not really sure what I want to get. I picked up Drobot on Black Friday when Best Buy had them for $2.99 and Drobot was the only one any of our stores had left. I want to get Ignitor, but it also comes in the 3-pack with Camo and Warnado (which we've had several of just sitting around, though they are starting to dwindle), which I keep hoping to pick up with a good sale. I already have Voodood and a S2 Whirlwind. So that leaves Flameslinger and Double Trouble. I thought about getting the gold variant of Flameslinger from Amazon, but maybe it's not worth it. With that said, our store has hardly carried any of the Giants stuff. The pegs for the giants, themselves, are usually empty, and I always see the same stuff. I was told they were getting a truck last Thursday, but when I showed up, they said all they got in were original Skyalnders (which made sense when I found out about the $4.99 sale). I didn't see anything new on the pegs, so I'm not sure if there was anything "new" or not (although I did see an opened case, so they did put some out). I'm not sure what comes in a typical case. The girl who was working, at the time, was the one who told me about the truck. She didn't act like they were getting anything else in before the end of the week, but when I went back in on Saturday, they had several of all the giants except for Ninjini and Bouncer. The same girl was working, but she was busy with another customer, so I'm not sure if they had any more or when they came in. I know prim said that they come in case of 1 each, but does the Legendary Bouncer come in the same case or different? I got that Ninjini would go quickly, but not Bouncer. Although I haven't seen a Bouncer in our area in quite a while.

So the promo works with the $4.99 and the gift card? I know it says offers can't be combined. How much was the Legendary Trigger Happy? I would assume that with them being $4.99, that just getting 4 figures would bring it a few cents short without a great small filler. Maybe if I happen to find a Legendary Bouncer, I can just pick it up along with one of the $4.99 figures and get the $5 gift card. If not, I'm not sure if I want to try for $20 worth or not. Too bad Walmart doesn't carry S1 figures, or I would just see if I could take it in there and exchange it for something else.

My store has a ton of Legendary Trigger Happy's and got restocked last Sunday with Legendary Bouncers when they got the Legendary Lightcore Chill's in. I have not seen a Legendary Stealth Elf there since the first couple of days after he was released. There is a bigger store down the road that I scored the Voodood at that still has some of the Giants Legendary Three Packs for $25.99.

Promo does work with the gift card. I ordered the ones mine didn't have online but they don't give the gift card online though which blows and I had to order 79 dollars worth of stuff to get free shipping. I'm just returning the ones I all ready have when I receive them. Legendary Trigger Happy isn't 4.99 online though, for some reason he is 11.99 but in stores he is 4.99. Ordered Sonic Boom, Ignitor, Whirlwind, Drobot, Stump Smash, Cynder, Stealth Elf, Double Trouble, Prism Break, Flameslinger, Voodood.
I seen Legendary Stealth Elf at mine.
Mine also has plenty of the Legendary Giants 3 pack. I got it last week during the buy one get one 50% sale. I also did a store pick up online last week for Legendary Chill and Legendary Bouncer. They were not on the shelf that day when I went but online said they were available and I ordered and picked up within the hour. I think mine is just bad at stocking stuff.

All the Wal-Marts in my area are all out of Molten Hot Dogs. What are the chances of restock? I really want one!!!

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Same here they had to manually do it for me. Some asshole in front of me bought the only 5 Jade Flashwings they had on opening. He did actually ask if I wanted one which I didn't since I have one and not worth my tmie to mess with ebay. Mine had all the adventure packs but Darklight Crypt. Sucks since less than 2 weeks ago I ordered all three for 75. Never have seen them in stock at my target before. I didn't get anything because they only had two that I needed and one was Eye Brawl and the other was Prism Break.[/QUOTE]

He may not have been buying them to resell, especially since he offered to share. Ebay of Jade Flashwing was crap before they hit shelves since so many got out early and it is even worse now that it is out. Down the road a few months, maybe ... but you would have to be really patient and probably won't make all that much.

What is more likely is he was buying them for himself and friends. "Limited" editions make people go full on hoarder mode, they buy one to use, one to keep packaged, and one for everyone they know that has even muttered "Sky" and "Land" in close proximity. This figure isn't going to be even remotely uncommon - Flashwing isn't that popular, and making her green doesn't improve it. In a couple month Target will run out, but they will be amply stocked for a while.

[quote name='defpally']He may not have been buying them to resell, especially since he offered to share. Ebay of Jade Flashwing was crap before they hit shelves since so many got out early and it is even worse now that it is out. Down the road a few months, maybe ... but you would have to be really patient and probably won't make all that much.

What is more likely is he was buying them for himself and friends. "Limited" editions make people go full on hoarder mode, they buy one to use, one to keep packaged, and one for everyone they know that has even muttered "Sky" and "Land" in close proximity. This figure isn't going to be even remotely uncommon - Flashwing isn't that popular, and making her green doesn't improve it. In a couple month Target will run out, but they will be amply stocked for a while.[/QUOTE]

Someone would buy 5 for friends...? I highly doubt that since people know about the Skylanders craze too well. I bet the only reason why the a-hole offered to give one up to the guy is because he was caught hoarding.

LOL "caught" hoarding. If you've got a basket full of skylanders...it ain't hard for someone to notice it, especially if you're waiting in a line to check out. And honestly, if the guy was truly a hoarder, he wouldn't have given 2 shits about whether anyone else wanted one. I know whenever i've bought multiples of something and hear "aw man, was hoping to get one of those" i'm more than happy to give it to them because honestly, I'm not a hoarder. I may flip now and again but im not an a-hole about it.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Someone would buy 5 for friends...? I highly doubt that since people know about the Skylanders craze too well. I bet the only reason why the a-hole offered to give one up to the guy is because he was caught hoarding.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, possibly - but the "exclusive" variants do cause people to do weird things. I've seen posts around the web from people I know aren't hoarders.ebayers for Molten Hot Dog and Jade Flashwing showing how they "scored" four or five. When asked about it, they say "Well, I got one for me, one to keep packaged, one for my sister's kid, one for my neighbors kid, one for a guy at work, etc.". Maybe they are lying, but I think when people find things that make them feel "special" or "lucky" it kicks in the hoarder instinct and they buy several to share with everyone they know that might even consider wanting it - even if their sister's kid doesn't even like the game that much anymore.

If he was buying those five for eBay purposes, he is going to be vastly disappointed in his return. Skylanders only seem to be turning the big auctions right before and right after they come out. Activision has been doing much better keeping stock on the shelves. Even the newest one Ninjini comes up all the time online, and I've seen her a few times in stores hanging on the peg untouched. My TRU even had a few Ninjini that lasted all weekend last week without selling.

Damn my target had over 30 Jade Flashwings. LOL I don't even want the thing since regular Flashwing is enough for me and I don't care about the special color ones or selling them. I did do the b2g1 to get Lollipop Chainsaw(x360), Eye-Brawl, and Hot Head free.
Went to Toys R Us and got Spyro's Adventure Flameslinger, Double Trouble, and Voodood for 4.99, and picked up Fright Rider to make it over 20 to get the 5 dollar gift card back. They had a bunch in stock. The first time I've seen Wrecking Ball since I start collection a month ago.

[quote name='IzzyF3']All the Wal-Marts in my area are all out of Molten Hot Dogs. What are the chances of restock? I really want one!!![/QUOTE]

Site to store it from Walmart.com.

I found a Hot Dog single at Wal-Mart for the first time. Also order-able through Walmart.com . Now I just wish they would bring back Granite Crusher..

[quote name='prim4444']TRU next week - Giants singles on sale for $7.49[/QUOTE]

Is that the only Skylanders on sale next week? I decided to check the store inventory at my store, yesterday, and saw that they had Legendary Bouncers, so I stopped by to get one. When I got there, they were putting out new stock that they had just taken off the truck. They had lots of cases of the giants (I assume Wave 3, since it said W3 on the case...not sure how that works), a few of the Legendary 3-packs, several Giants 3-packs (which they already have tons of), and a few cases of the Camo/Ingitor/Warnado 3-pack. I don't think I saw any cases of single-pack regular giants figures. With all the 3-packs they were receiving, it seems like there should be a sale looming for them. The same goes for all the older giants, but our store doesn't keep giants in for long, so maybe it's just them getting restocked with older ones instead of getting new ones in.

I'm still up in the air about the Camo/Ignitor/Warnado 3-pack. I was bummed that they sold out of them, but now they have quite a bit more. Them being sold out suddenly (without a sale and after being there for months) made me wonder if I should have went ahead and picked one up, and makes me want to get one more. But I'd rather wait for a good sale. After picking up my Legendary Bouncer and a S1 Flameslinger to get over the $20, I got home and found a $5 off $25 coupon in the mail. I was bummed, at first, as I could have used that to pick up another $4.99 figure. But now I wonder if I could use that on that 3-pack. Since it's $24.99,I would have to get a filler, but that would make it $19.99, plus I should still be able to get the $5 GC, so it would make it $14.99. Would I be able to use the $5 GC I got yesterday to pick up the 3-pack and get another $5 GC?

I hope you pick up Camo. He is one of my kids favorites.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU next week - Giants singles on sale for $7.49[/QUOTE]

Is this the Giants Giants or the Giants Core singles?

I thought it was the Giants Giants. Target has the B2G1 on all Skylanders. I think this is a better deal since they are on all Skylanders (9.99 each core / 14.99 Giants ). But Target's stock is lacking at times. Or you can PM at Best Buy to get the B2G1.

Apparently TRU is offering a deal today & tomorrow for an extra $5 gift card with $20 Skylanders purchase. So that would be $10 total. I think it's a coupon that they have in-store so I'm not sure if I can combine it with my $5 off $25. I'm going to try. They also had info the carrying cases half off it was a 32 size with the original Skylanders design, but I think it's the same as the one with the Giants design. Not sure about holding the giants, though.

[quote name='obidawsn']Apparently TRU is offering a deal today & tomorrow for an extra $5 gift card with $20 Skylanders purchase. So that would be $10 total. I think it's a coupon that they have in-store so I'm not sure if I can combine it with my $5 off $25. I'm going to try. They also had info the carrying cases half off it was a 32 size with the original Skylanders design, but I think it's the same as the one with the Giants design. Not sure about holding the giants, though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I swung by during lunch and was able to pick up 4 my daughter didn't have and the $10 gift card all for $20.

I went by Wal-mart, today, to see if I could pick up a Molten Hot Dog and price match TRU's $7.49 price (which I did) and saw that they had 1 each of the Pirate Seas, Empire of Ice, and Dragon's Peak. I know my son has been wanting Pirate Seas and Dragon's Peak would be nice to get Sunburn, but I've already bought a lot of Skylanders in the last week with all the great deals. I had hoped to get someone else to pick them up for his birthday, but my wife said we already have enough Skylanders for him and doesn't want him having any more. Oh well :). I figured I would let everyone know my find, though, so maybe you can be on the lookout for them.

Went to Toys R Us today and got a woman's number after talking in front of the Skylanders. She was picking some up for her kids but said she loves to play the game. I don't care for kids though so probably nothing will come of it. Anyways I almost picked up Trigger Happy s2 but when I went only 2 cashiers were open and after waiting 5 minutes in line I decided it wasn't worth it.
Probably head back and hope I come across a Hex which I have seen there plenty of time but they just happened to be out. I just need 5 more to have one of each of the s2 characters (minus variants which I don't bother with). Bash, Trigger Happy, Hex, Zook and Zap. Also I need Tree Rex since my roommate bought Giants and I haven't bothered yet since i don't really need my own copy. I'll probably get it off ebay or at a flea market for around 10.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Went to Toys R Us today and got a woman's number after talking in front of the Skylanders. She was picking some up for her kids but said she loves to play the game. I don't care for kids though so probably nothing will come of it. Anyways I almost picked up Trigger Happy s2 but when I went only 2 cashiers were open and after waiting 5 minutes in line I decided it wasn't worth it.
Probably head back and hope I come across a Hex which I have seen there plenty of time but they just happened to be out. I just need 5 more to have one of each of the s2 characters (minus variants which I don't bother with). Bash, Trigger Happy, Hex, Zook and Zap. Also I need Tree Rex since my roommate bought Giants and I haven't bothered yet since i don't really need my own copy. I'll probably get it off ebay or at a flea market for around 10.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Did you just really tell us about your possible sexual escapade? If so :applause:

[quote name='spamfree2']20% off at Target now.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard about this deal. Is it an unadvertised price? I haven't been to Target, this week, so I might have to check.

Edit: Nevermind. I see it in the ad. I realized I haven't even looked at this week's ad. I didn't see anything listed in the Video Game Deals forum for the Target ad, so I just assumed there was nothing.

[quote name='spamfree2']20% off at Target now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Made a nice little haul last night at Gamestop

traded in:
Forza Horizon
Mini Ninjas
Family Game Night 4

Bought:
Madden 09
NBA 2K9
EyeBrawl
Crusher
Bash S2
Double Trouble S2

Grand total out of pocket.....$4!

Damn, damn, damn!

Apparently my 2 year old got a little button happy last night. We were up to 90% completion and now it is all gone! This sucks...

Would turning on the Cloud storage feature help prevent something like this? Would it have a backup or would it automatically save his deletion??

So bummed. Luckily the characters are not affected. All but a couple of the 17 we had prior to last nights additions are maxed out.

I just got into this series, the skylanders don't seem to be selling too well around here, my Target is full of them with 2 racks now one up front and one in the electronics. I am sure they sell better at Toys R Us though. There are plenty of giants, they had pretty much every one except ninjini.

TRU's prices are higher than Target , BestBuy , and Walmart. They do run specials more often though. I think most stores just got a restock.

bread's done
Back