Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='jcmeadows']I just got one in the mail as well, now if I can just get a Wamshell to complete everything[/QUOTE]

Still in stock on Amazon

If you haven't gotten a Flocked Stump Smash and you won on the phone, don't give up hope yet! I also got mine yesterday and had only called in once, because I didn't want to abuse the system. I had wondered if it was a mistake, but it finally came and it is quite cool, the kids loved it. The fuzz really fits his character well, it looks like moss. I only wish they had left the base green like they left his eyes untouched instead of flocking the whole thing.

I just got my free skylander today, its regular stump smash, but hey it was free. I don't play the game so I will save it for when I get the game down the road.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Where have the Frito-Lay Sidekicks bags been found? I checked Walmart, Meijer and Target today w/o any luck finding them.[/QUOTE]

I found them at Target several days ago.

[quote name='io']I found them at Target several days ago.[/QUOTE]

What part of the US are you in? I'm thinking the promo packs havent reached Grand Rapids MI or they havent made it to the shelves yet.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']What part of the US are you in? I'm thinking the promo packs havent reached Grand Rapids MI or they havent made it to the shelves yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the Pacific NW and we always get things way later than everyone else it seems. So keep looking ;). For example, we didn't get the Olympic themed Coke 12-packs (that gave free sweeps entries on My Coke Rewards) until the promo was pretty much over.

You are looking for the ~$7 multi-packs of chips, right? They aren't on regular chip bags.

My wife got a second bag at another store (local grocery store) a couple days ago. I already sent my first one in with "Gil Runt" as the first choice (as that's the one my 4 year-old son wanted the most). His last choice is Whisper Elf, but I have a feeling that one will be popular so I think I'll put that as my first choice on the second one I send in.

Found them today in walmart

I'm in Indiana

Picked up 8 bags total hoping to get two sets.One for me and another for family.Already got everything filled out just got to get the money orders from the bank on Monday and they will be going out :)

hopefully i got in early enough to get 2 complete sets

[quote name='io']Mine finally came today.[/QUOTE]

Did you mess up on the address mentioning as well? Or did you correct it?

I took a gamble and never corrected it.

[quote name='superoreo']Did you mess up on the address mentioning as well? Or did you correct it?

I took a gamble and never corrected it.[/QUOTE]

At first I had no idea what you were talking about and then I remembered the address thing. I think I messed it up.

I messed up on the address. Said the city state zip not realizing it was going to ask for it later. Finally came last Thursday.

I've seen Sidekicks bags all over - walmart, target - even the grocery store. I sent in mine already, but considering getting a couple more just in case they don't send the ones I requested since I'll have till November to send them in. The bags of chips are great for taking to the pool or beach for kid snacks. At $6.48 for 20 and a Sidekick it's a good deal.

Just be sure to not send in more than four for a single address. It specifically has a 4 per household limit, probably because of all the people that called in a dozen times or more last time.

[quote name='defpally'] At $6.48 for 20 and a Sidekick it's a good deal.[/QUOTE]

How are you getting them so cheap, or are you not factoring in the $2 check? At Target they are $6.99. I got one pack yesterday on sale at Fred Meyer for $6.48. But then you have to add $2 (plus a stamp) for the Sidekick. So the full "retail" price ends up being $9.44.

I'm sending in my second one today and have a third pack I'll send a few days later. Then after the 4th one I'll have to start submitting them to my in-laws address. Hopefully they won't mind (or even notice) the checks still being from my name/account on the second set.

Was at Wal-Mart today picking up a prescription and saw they put out a good 2 dozen of the red Drill Sergeants. Couldn't resist and picked 1 up. What the hell.

COuldn't find any of the bags of chips with the promo on it, though.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Was at Wal-Mart today picking up a prescription and saw they put out a good 2 dozen of the red Drill Sergeants. Couldn't resist and picked 1 up. What the hell.

COuldn't find any of the bags of chips with the promo on it, though.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up my red Drill Sargeant at a Fedex store (Walmart does free shipping to them). Much easier than picking it up at Walmart (not close, huge parking lot, have to go to the back of the store and usually no one is there to help). I was in and out of the Fedex store in 1 minute. I haven't opened the pack though to see if the Drill Sargeant is OK (or if it is even the right one!).

I have 3 of the Skylanders sidekicks forms in the mail. Hopefully they don't take the full 8-10 weeks to ship them out. I have the 4th form ready to go.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Was at Wal-Mart today picking up a prescription and saw they put out a good 2 dozen of the red Drill Sergeants. Couldn't resist and picked 1 up. What the hell.

COuldn't find any of the bags of chips with the promo on it, though.[/QUOTE]

Saw them at my WM the other day too. A good 12-18 of them. That actually made it easier to resist for me.

I wasn't going to do the sidekicks, but what the hell. They'll make great stocking stuffers at Christmas.

[quote name='io']How are you getting them so cheap, or are you not factoring in the $2 check? At Target they are $6.99. I got one pack yesterday on sale at Fred Meyer for $6.48. But then you have to add $2 (plus a stamp) for the Sidekick. So the full "retail" price ends up being $9.44.
[/QUOTE]

I saw them at Wal-Mart yesterday, marked $6.48 at one spot and $5.98 at another, so I'm not sure what they actually go for there.

I bought 2 packages yesterday at Big Lots. The standard price there is $6.45, but they had 20% off your entire purchase promo running this weekend. Got my bags for $5.16 each, plus tax. Sent off my two forms in one envelope, so about another $4.50 there between the stamp and paying for S&H. Overall, about $15.50 for 2 sidekicks and the 2 variety bags of chips. Not bad.

I just picked this game up yesterday and I have no idea which characters to be on the lookout for. Is it just Wham-Shell, Camo and Warnado? I will probably wait for a sale to pick up the easy to find characters.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I just picked this game up yesterday and I have no idea which characters to be on the lookout for. Is it just Wham-Shell, Camo and Warnado? I will probably wait for a sale to pick up the easy to find characters.[/QUOTE]

The only one that is slightly hard to find at this point is Wham-Shell. It is also the only on that is not in a 3-pack. Camo and Warnado are in a 3-pack and available separately.

[quote name='io']The only one that is slightly hard to find at this point is Wham-Shell. It is also the only on that is not in a 3-pack. Camo and Warnado are in a 3-pack and available separately.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks. After reading about Giants, it seems like I should just wait to see what exactly they're doing since a lot of series 1 characters are being remade. I probably should have stayed the hell away from this game.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Ok, thanks. After reading about Giants, it seems like I should just wait to see what exactly they're doing since a lot of series 1 characters are being remade[/QUOTE]

That's probably a good idea. The remolds will have more powers. Might as well just get those.

Hey fellow Skylander fans, I just wanted to drop in to let you know that Skylanders: Cloud Patrol, a neat little game for iOS, is going for the low price of FREE for a week. It's definitely a cool little diversion and you can use the code cards you got with your figures to unlock stuff to use in the game. I definitely suggest you check it out if you have an iDevice. Have fun! :)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skylanders-cloud-patrol/id511136749

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey fellow Skylander fans, I just wanted to drop in to let you know that Skylanders: Cloud Patrol, a neat little game for iOS, is going for the low price of FREE for a week. It's definitely a cool little diversion and you can use the code cards you got with your figures to unlock stuff to use in the game. I definitely suggest you check it out if you have an iDevice. Have fun! :)

Click here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skylanders-cloud-patrol/id511136749

[quote name='sykotek']Hey fellow Skylander fans, I just wanted to drop in to let you know that Skylanders: Cloud Patrol, a neat little game for iOS, is going for the low price of FREE for a week. It's definitely a cool little diversion and you can use the code cards you got with your figures to unlock stuff to use in the game. I definitely suggest you check it out if you have an iDevice. Have fun! :)

Click here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skylanders-cloud-patrol/id511136749[/QUOTE]

This is the only Skylanders game on iOS, right? If so, we bought that a while back and my kids got bored with it after like 10 minutes. But hey, for free I'd snag it for sure!

@io: Yeah it is! ...they also updated the game a few times though, so it may be a bit different from back when you first bought it. :)

I sent in one form for the sidekick at the tail end of June and the $2 check was cashed today. Hopefully that's a good sign for everyone else.

We'll see how the rest of this goes. I sent another form in one envelope and three more in a second envelope the day after. The first had a $2 check, the second a $6 check. (I had called first to see if this was allowed and was told yes.) I also sent a fifth form with my in-laws address. :)

[quote name='thelonepig']I sent in one form for the sidekick at the tail end of June and the $2 check was cashed today. Hopefully that's a good sign for everyone else.

We'll see how the rest of this goes. I sent another form in one envelope and three more in a second envelope the day after. The first had a $2 check, the second a $6 check. (I had called first to see if this was allowed and was told yes.) I also sent a fifth form with my in-laws address. :)[/QUOTE]

I've got 4 forms sent in and, yeah, they cashed the first check yesterday as well. I'm also about to send in a fifth with my in-laws address ;).

Just got 8 skylander sidekicks in the mail today

3 of trigger snappy,terrabyte, and whisper elf
1 of gill runt

EDIT : I sent in for two sets. Filled all the cards out identically so i should get two sets if they were available but it seems that gill runt wasn't available so i got a third trigger snappy instead.

Weird, I thought they'd only start doing substitutions at the end of the promo, not early on.

I figured that Whisper Elf and Terrabyte would be the most popular, so those are the ones I requested first. I'm almost through my 2 packages of chips at this point, so I could probably go buy a couple more to try and get Gill Runt and Trigger Snappy.

[quote name='Corvin']It's a timed exclusive and anyone can walk in Gamestop and pre-order one.[/QUOTE]

Someone seems to have lost their sense of humor. Making fun of the 5 dollar price increase and gamestop exclusiveness.

Got my mini Frito lay skylanders today! Which is good because i forgot to include the UPCs in the envelope when i shipped out the forms

Looks like a lot of people got them today and today they are popping up on ebay as well. I will admit that i attempted to get an extra set to sell on ebay but since they sent me only 1 gill runt that i only had one complete set and then 4 singles(2 trigger snappys,terrabyte and a whisper elf).

I listed the singles on ebay starting at .99 cents. Nothing insane like the other few people who have put buy it nows of $450 +

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Someone seems to have lost their sense of humor. Making fun of the 5 dollar price increase and gamestop exclusiveness.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that they are being sneaky and making you re-buy an old figure by including Chop-Chop in that pack. Devils!

Hmm - no sidekicks for me today, though I did apparently get my gold nunchuk from Club Nintendo.

icpmattj - did you use two different addresses for the 2 sets or do they not care? I was just about to send in for a second set but I was going to use my in-laws address.

They came shipped USPS. Even had tracking numbers on the packages.Not like it matters though since they don't notify you.
Maybe if you called them and gave them your information then maybe they would provide tracking info.

I used two different addresses. Didn't want to take any chances.
Main reason for sending in for two sets was so i could get at least 1 complete set for my kids.Then i was hoping to get a second complete set to sell. Well i got what i wanted for my kids so that's all that matters.The others i listed individually on ebay since i didn't have a complete set.If i had the complete second set i would have listed it as one auction for all four.

I've read that the remakes like chop chop will have some new abilities that the older original chop chop does not have.

EDIT: We gave the sidekicks to the kids today and they love them. Can't stop talking about how they skylanders have babies/pets now lol

They have no clue that Skylanders Gaints come out in October and im not even bringing it up until they see it first.When we were still trying to get all the skylanders for the first game that is all i heard about anytime we went to walmart,target,bestbuy ext... we had to check the skylanders first before doing anything else.

All four checks cleared Monday, nothing received yet though.

The Chop Chop in the Gamestop package is the repose of him, so that's good. He was on my list of rebuys anyways, he is my son's favorite anyways. The one thing I am wary of is what the makeup of the triple packs will be, and the game pack ins. The Shroomboom probably isn't the Lightcore version of him (and he is the Life one that gets that), so I'm a little disappointed by that. If he is, then that might explain the price increase.

Also, I've been thinking, while they will offer a "Portal Owners Pack", it only includes the giant Tree Rex. For $15 more though, you also get two other Skylanders (and knowing how they work at least one of them will only be in there until the last wave) as well as another portal (good for a backup). I believe the other two are repose Cynder (also a favorite for my son) and Jet Vac for the console version (and possibly Pop Fizz for the 3DS). So I'm leaning towards getting the Starter Pack instead. I probably won't get all of the reposes, just the ones I really, really like (Lightcore Prism Break, of course!) or ones my sons really like.

Eh, who am I kidding. I'll probably get all of them too. :roll: Damn you Skylanders for tempting me and my son's love of video games and action figures.

Just a note though, it seems that at least one of each element will not be getting a repose. And Wham Shell is the Water one that is not at latest reports. So given that he is still rare (the only one that is still hard to find), one would hope they would put out more of him. So if you don't have him, don't sit around and wait for the Giants repose if you find him.

For those of you complaining about a "price increase" for the set at Gamestop, they sell Skylanders at the TRU prices - that is $9.99 for singles and $24.99 for triple/adventure packs. It's not an increase, it's regular business for them.

[quote name='thelonepig']For those of you complaining about a "price increase" for the set at Gamestop, they sell Skylanders at the TRU prices - that is $9.99 for singles and $24.99 for triple/adventure packs. It's not an increase, it's regular business for them.[/QUOTE]

The reason for the complaints is the fact that it seems to be the new MSRP. The original MSRP was $7.99 for figures and $19.99 for packs. Toys R Us went to $9.99 and $24.99 prior to last Christmas. The MSRP went up to $8.99 and $19.99 back in late January when they realized what they had. Now, it seems that the Toys R Us price (which has always been high) might possibly be the common price we will be paying. I've heard the prices will be $9.99 single, $11.99 lightcore, $14.99 giant and $24.99 for battle packs and triple packs on other forums, although no official confirmation other than the Gamestop which seems to support it.

But Gamestop supports the current higher price, so I would say it's far from proof that the costs are going up.

That said, the developer may have a deal with TRU and Gamestop to see how the higher cost would be received. That could make a good deal of sense seeing how many exclusive figures TRU received and now this Gamestop-exclusive set being the first to be posted.

I have too many figures I haven't put into the regular game, I won't be buying any repackaged ones. I'll get Giants but then I'll just break out these unused figures to make the game more interesting.

[quote name='thelonepig']But Gamestop supports the current higher price, so I would say it's far from proof that the costs are going up.

That said, the developer may have a deal with TRU and Gamestop to see how the higher cost would be received. That could make a good deal of sense seeing how many exclusive figures TRU received and now this Gamestop-exclusive set being the first to be posted.[/QUOTE]

By law manufacturers are not allowed to set a retail price for retailers. They can only suggest a retail price. Retailers are free to set whatever price they want. Manufacturers also can't price discriminate between retailers. They have to offer them all the same price.

It is common practice for TRU to price items higher than suggested retail price. For example, their entire LEGO line is usually priced at a 5-10% premium. It is also common practice for retailers to shop their competition to check prices. Sometimes this will lead them to take their prices down (usually true for discount retailers like Walmart and Target). Sometimes it leads them to take their price up (usually true for specialty retailers like TRU and Gamestop).

bread's done
Back