Sly Collection (PS3) for $19.99 @ Kmart

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Amazon does not PM Kmart.[/QUOTE]
Amazon will PM Kmart. They just did on the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood deal about a week ago.

It's just a matter of what Amazon wants to do. They'll PM a lot of companies. It's just a case of whether they think it's worth it, as well as how large of a company it is that's offering the deal.

[quote name='bizman316']I tried talking with someone in the amazon chat and they said amazon doesn't price match competitors. I hope amazon as a whole decides to match this price. I don't have a kmart close to me pick it up. It is a heck of a deal.[/QUOTE]
I've noticed over the last year that it depends on the vendor. Amazon matches best buy and gamestop regularly but seems to always ignore kmart.

hey, does anyone know if I can pick this game from Sears for the same price instead of going to Kmart? Sears is just 3 miles away from me and Kmart is 10 miles.

Snagged the last copy at my Kmart today, 20 bucks is a steal on this bad boy. I doubt it'll ever get any lower then 15 at the VERY best but that may even be a push for a first party game like this.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']Snagged the last copy at my Kmart today, 20 bucks is a steal on this bad boy. I doubt it'll ever get any lower then 15 at the VERY best but that may even be a push for a first party game like this.[/QUOTE]

Can you say God of War collection?

[quote name='thegreek']Can you say God of War collection?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got mine for $10. I hope they produce enough copies of Sly so it will fall to a similar price.

[quote name='bruceg']Yeah, I got mine for $10. I hope they produce enough copies of Sly so it will fall to a similar price.[/QUOTE]

The "small x amount of disk prints" is a myth. Im sure there are the same amount of copies out there just like when GOW collection came out.

Sly collection will never run out of copies or become rare. Whoever started that is a moron.

Heres a tip btw, apparently you can hold items for 24 hours. I just called mine and they will hold it for me so I can pick it up tomorrow

Hoping Amazon will match this. I have a K-Mart just a couple of miles of here, but regardless of the snowstorm that's hitting my area right now, i don't like going into that place, as it's really dingy and poorly maintained(the gaming section in particular).

[quote name='darknight88']The "small x amount of disk prints" is a myth. Im sure there are the same amount of copies out there just like when GOW collection came out.

Sly collection will never run out of copies or become rare. Whoever started that is a moron.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, but it requires an extreme case to be relevant. For example, if a game only had 15k units produced and became a classic that'd shoot up its market value in most cases, or if 10mil+ copies were produced but less then 500k sold that'd make its value drop to nothing. But both those cases are very rare, and I don't think they really apply to anything that's come out in the past few years.

These days basically every company gauges market demand before determining the number of copies to print and ship for a products initial run. This isn't something they do at the last minute either. The concept needs cited examples for potential sales figures before its even green lit, and then it's revised throughout production so the budget can be modified accordingly.

When it finally hits retail they have to really drop the ball for the number of shipped copies to become a significant determining factor in price.

[quote name='joker______']Damn i really want this,I hope Amazon price matches cause we don't have a Kmart in Houston[/QUOTE]

yea, i hate how they all closed in Houston...i think that was a few years ago

[quote name='VaultDweller']was this series popular last gen? I can see this game in the bargain bins real soon[/QUOTE]

Sorry dude, that's not gonna happen. This is a Sony 1st party game and those games hold their value. There was only 2 games this gen from Sony that it's price fell quickly (MAG & Lair). Just like the GoW Collection, it'll become a Greatest Hit for $30 by summer 2011.

Enjoy the sale while it lasts.

[quote name='Trance Addix']How many hours do these games provide? Never played the originals.[/QUOTE]

All three combined? 30-40.

Does anyone know if you can buy online and re buy in store with a coupon? Got this online and want to see if I can get it with a coupon instore.

Someone needs to edit the OP, this deal is dead online and has been for hours. It will let you add the game to your cart but when you go to check out it says it's out of stock and won't let you.

I went to my local KMart and picked up a copy no problem. Think they are open until 10 tonight.

If anybody has trouble finding this game in their store, be sure to check out the section that holds kinect/move games.

I couldn't find it at first, but it was in the case with the Move and Kinect titles since it is labeled as "move compatible".

[quote name='darknight88']The "small x amount of disk prints" is a myth. Im sure there are the same amount of copies out there just like when GOW collection came out.

Sly collection will never run out of copies or become rare. Whoever started that is a moron.[/QUOTE]

And you know this how?

[quote name='myke-myke']Sorry dude, that's not gonna happen. This is a Sony 1st party game and those games hold their value. There was only 2 games this gen from Sony that it's price fell quickly (MAG & Lair). Just like the GoW Collection, it'll become a Greatest Hit for $30 by summer 2011.

Enjoy the sale while it lasts.[/QUOTE]

Erm Resistance 1&2, Warhawk, GT5 prologue, Genji, both Ratchet and Clank games, God of War 3, and Uncharted 2 dropped in price very quickly.

Not to mention God of War Collection, Infamous, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 1 were $10 at multiple places on black friday.
$20 is a good price for this but it really should have launched at $30.

[quote name='jer7583']Erm Resistance 1&2, Warhawk, GT5 prologue, Genji, both Ratchet and Clank games, God of War 3, and Uncharted 2 dropped in price very quickly.

Not to mention God of War Collection, Infamous, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 1 were $10 at multiple places on black friday.
$20 is a good price for this but it really should have launched at $30.[/QUOTE]

Like it's already been mentioned, if you want to wait until Black Friday 2011 you'll be sure to get a bit better deal of course. But I can't see there being a deal that beats this one for a new copy ANY time soon. And I guess 3 great games for $20 bucks isn't a good enough deal for some people :roll:

Just came back from K-Mart and yes, this game was in-store on-sale (as with the GTA: Complete games) and was also told the sale will last through the week.

[quote name='confoosious']And you know this how?[/QUOTE]

Sony is not retarded to undership a game like this considering it's promoting Move functionality and 3D compatible. Plus I'm sure they knew back then that Sly 4(recently made official) was in the works so this game will make new PS3 owners familiar with the franchise. It doesn't take a genius to know these facts.

Just because someone couldn't find this game in their local store when it released means jack shit. I couldn't find an extra Move controller anywhere near me for like 4 weeks and I didnt go "oh wow this thing is rare" or some dumb crap.

Anything released from Sony is not gonna become rare any time soon. Only game that is, is the Demon's Souls DE version but that's due to Atlus' small amount of prints due to it, wait for it...being a limited edition. Sly collection is a normal game like I said before. I'm sure based on GOW collection sales, they made a good amount but it's not the GOW franchise so i don't see it going out of print any time soon. And if they do, it will get more prints when it becomes a Greatest Hits version.

I got the last copy (that I saw) from Kmart. Used my $20 coupon from brotherhood to get it for about $5 since I had to add some $5 headphones to bring the total above $20..

[quote name='darknight88']Sony is not retarded to undership a game like this considering it's promoting Move functionality and 3D compatible. Plus I'm sure they knew back then that Sly 4(recently made official) was in the works so this game will make new PS3 owners familiar with the franchise. It doesn't take a genius to know these facts.

Just because someone couldn't find this game in their local store when it released means jack shit. I couldn't find an extra Move controller anywhere near me for like 4 weeks and I didnt go "oh wow this thing is rare" or some dumb crap.

Anything released from Sony is not gonna become rare any time soon. Only game that is, is the Demon's Souls DE version but that's due to Atlus' small amount of prints due to it, wait for it...being a limited edition. Sly collection is a normal game like I said before. I'm sure based on GOW collection sales, they made a good amount but it's not the GOW franchise so i don't see it going out of print any time soon. And if they do, it will get more prints when it becomes a Greatest Hits version.[/QUOTE]

And you know this how?

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Ratchet is WAAAAYYYY better, Sly 1 was kind of boring, 2 is a little better, the voice acting is absolutely horrible, and the 3D is practically useless in this game...but you will more than get your moneys worth for $20.[/QUOTE]

Jak & Daxter > Ratchet & Clank > Sly Cooper > Jak & Daxter. ;) Honestly, all are platformers with unique differences. Loved them all back in the PS2 days.

[quote name='Masterkyo']i have sunday add & i'll get BB or walmart price match tomorrow ;)[/QUOTE]
+1 for BB. Just got another $5 reward cert so it'll be a mere $15. Well worth it for (what I assume is) 3 fun and easy platinums.

I never got around to playing these during the PS2 days, frankly I just wasn't all that interested but now that I've played inFamous and loved it I really want to see Sucker Punch's other work.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I never got around to playing these during the PS2 days, frankly I just wasn't all that interested but now that I've played inFamous and loved it I really want to see Sucker Punch's other work.[/QUOTE]

I agree...Hey do you know any kmarts in AZ that's selling the game? They don't have a store finder for the game.

Picked up both GTA collection and sly cooper collection at B&M in west des moines.

Thanks OP! Adding to my 30+ game backlog has never felt better :p.

They had one copy of sly sitting face down in the display case right in front of god of war III. Nearly impossible to see.. look for the sale tag hanging in the case or ask the electronics guy.

[quote name='EarthKing']I agree...Hey do you know any kmarts in AZ that's selling the game? They don't have a store finder for the game.[/QUOTE]
I hadn't checked yet actually. I would assume the one near where I live will have them. Doesn't seem too busy in there ever. If you're in the west side of Phoenix I would try the one on 67th & Bell. That's where I'm going if I have any issues PMing @ the BB down the road. Though I can't imagine why I would.

So, how long till this is a standard $19.99?

My guess is within the next couple of months.

I'm pretty sure this will be a $9.99 lightning deal next black friday/cyber monday (ala God of War Collection).

[quote name='antlp89']So, how long till this is a standard $19.99?

I'm pretty sure this will be a $9.99 lightning deal next black friday/cyber monday (ala God of War Collection).[/QUOTE]

Sounds fair. I doubt the $20 standard will happen that fast though, i wouldnt expect it until late summer. GoW collection sat at a steady $30 for quite a while.

[quote name='antlp89']So, how long till this is a standard $19.99?

I'm pretty sure this will be a $9.99 lightning deal next black friday/cyber monday (ala God of War Collection).[/QUOTE]

that can be said about every non-multiplayer game.

bread's done
Back