Sly Collection (PS3) for $19.99 @ Kmart

[quote name='antlp89']So, how long till this is a standard $19.99?

My guess is within the next couple of months.

I'm pretty sure this will be a $9.99 lightning deal next black friday/cyber monday (ala God of War Collection).[/QUOTE]

When it becomes Greatest Hits version, it'll drop to $30. $20 when stores do their own sales and possibly $10 on BF.

Kmart was oos here (which is usually never the case) wanted to use my 15$ coupon from epic mickey...

Had Walmart price match it without any problems, probably your best bet if anyone is wanting it at this price.

[quote name='jer7583']Erm Resistance 1&2, Warhawk, GT5 prologue, Genji, both Ratchet and Clank games, God of War 3, and Uncharted 2 dropped in price very quickly.

Not to mention God of War Collection, Infamous, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 1 were $10 at multiple places on black friday.
$20 is a good price for this but it really should have launched at $30.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for all of those games, but I know for sure that Resistance 1 stayed at full price for a LONG time after release.

Also, half of the games you listed are not even from first-party developers. Then again, I don't think Sucker Punch is technically first-party, either. :/

[quote name='tuklaw']hey, does anyone know if I can pick this game from Sears for the same price instead of going to Kmart? Sears is just 3 miles away from me and Kmart is 10 miles.[/QUOTE]

^This. Does Sears ever have the same price (as they are merged companies?)

Last I recall, Sears actually price matched competitor's ads. Since this is an advertised deal, just bring the KMart ad to Sears and you'll probably be able to price match.

sears website shows it listed as $69.99... are they crazy, that's not even the true retail price

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I hadn't checked yet actually. I would assume the one near where I live will have them. Doesn't seem too busy in there ever. If you're in the west side of Phoenix I would try the one on 67th & Bell. That's where I'm going if I have any issues PMing @ the BB down the road. Though I can't imagine why I would.[/QUOTE]

Let me know; I really hate dealing with kmart...I'm going to be in Glendale Public Library tomorrow so I'll stop by (I don't live in that area).

[quote name='Lei']sears website shows it listed as $69.99... are they crazy, that's not even the true retail price[/QUOTE]

It helps if you look at what you're seeing. It's sold by someone else, not Sears. Sears does what amazon does, allows people to sell via their website.

All day yesterday the main item page said in stock. It wasn't until checkout it said oos. Now the page finally says oos.

Yeah, agree with the person who says Sony's games drop price fairly quickly. God of War Collection in particular dropped extremely fast. I am only surprise Heavy Rain has not dropped yet. Maybe they are trying to keep its 'niche' value.

Question, I have a $20 coupon and want to use it in the Sly Collection, is there going to be an issue because the game is $19.99?

paid $40 for it @ BB earlier in the month and they PM'd it for me no problem yesterday with the flyer in hand. remember holiday return policies usually include Price matching

[quote name='Warner13']Question, I have a $20 coupon and want to use it in the Sly Collection, is there going to be an issue because the game is $19.99?[/QUOTE]

Yes...It has to be exactly 20 or more pre-tax...So, yes $19.99 is under $20.

[quote name='Warner13']Thanks, thats what I feared[/QUOTE]

Pick up a copy of AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack for $4.99 with it. Or some other $5 or $10 game (the AC/DC one seems to be the most common cheap game though).

I'm amazed more people don't read the Kmart thread on a weekly basis, especially considering it's a sticky and generally the top one at that. If you had you would have been better prepared for this sale. I bought a copy, left it unopened, and then brought it back and got $21 credited back to my account. Course, for my store it wasn't needed, as they still had a copy left.

Sly 1 was one of my first PS2 games, but I only ever played through about half of it, I still have it, but now that I have the collection it has been flipped around on my game shelve. Ah, the spin-to-the-back-you're-now-dead-to-me treatment.

PM'd @ WM since BB is sold out everywhere. Guess I'll have to save my RZ cert for something else. Good to get it for this price regardless. Thanks OP.

[quote name='wilflare']how's sly compared to ratchet?[/QUOTE]

Both are awesome series but I like Ratchet and Clank better.( the second r2c is one of my fav games ever)

The first Sly is pretty short, the second one is the best but it's really easy, even easier than rachet and Clank games. the 3rd one I remember getting irritated having to ride some guy's back early and I stopped playing so I can't say much about it. Up until then it was good but not as good as 2.

I still think $20 is worth it for the first 2 games alone though

To all the PMers, do try and buy the game at Kmart if they have it, don't just go elsewhere and PM cause "you can". The man who is responsible for all these great sales is right here on CAG and he goes far and beyond to make these possible. Please support him and Kmart when you can.

[quote name='Buuhan1']To all the PMers, do try and buy the game at Kmart if they have it, don't just go elsewhere and PM cause "you can". The man who is responsible for all these great sales is right here on CAG and he goes far and beyond to make these possible. Please support him and Kmart when you can.[/QUOTE]

Tell him to put more copies up online then, so those of us that don't have a KMart within 400 miles can actually order it.

[quote name='Buuhan1']To all the PMers, do try and buy the game at Kmart if they have it, don't just go elsewhere and PM cause "you can". The man who is responsible for all these great sales is right here on CAG and he goes far and beyond to make these possible. Please support him and Kmart when you can.[/QUOTE]

I would if there was one near here.

PMed at Walmart.

I would love to support Kmart, but I've pretty much given up on them. They put games on sale for great prices, yet the store has maybe 3 copies in the display. It isn't worth my time going to either of the 2 Kmarts in my area because they almost always are sold out.

I would support Kmart if my Kmart had nicer, intelligent employees.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Tell him to put more copies up online then, so those of us that don't have a KMart within 400 miles can actually order it.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Also SHC-Gamer is a great rep. Too bad I despise Kmart. But if they were to put some copies up online I'd be glad to buy 2 with my Kmart credit.

I plan to PM at BB since I got a $20 GC. Anyways, can I just print out the Kmart website page for the game and take it to them? If so, should I take the game to cashier and tell him/her I want to PM a game? Or do you buy it for $40 and take it to returns or something and tell them to give you the $ difference??

Thanx for the help in advance.

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']I would support Kmart if my Kmart had nicer, intelligent employees.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I cannot believe the level of service those guys provide, never have I been treated with so much disrespect at a store.
SHC-Gamer is a great guy, and I support what he's doing, but I have a tough time supporting my local Kmart.

SHC is great cuz you get a $10 coup for buying a $60 game...lol wow...dont forget they killed clearance. You guys are suckers....

[quote name='lude21']SHC is great cuz you get a $10 coup for buying a $60 game...lol wow...dont forget they killed clearance. You guys are suckers....[/QUOTE]

I have never seen a 10 dollar coupon for a 60 dollar game. They are usually 20 dollars at least, and you get them on release day.

You are the sucker.

[quote name='lude21']SHC is great cuz you get a $10 coup for buying a $60 game...lol wow...dont forget they killed clearance. You guys are suckers....[/QUOTE]

Yeah and 50% off a great collection a month after release is such a horrible sale...

Picked up Sly and Grand Theft Auto 4 Collection from my local Kmart Thanks OP

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Darvan']Picked up Sly and Grand Thief Auto Collection Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

how does that compare from grand THEFT auto? ive heard mixed reviews :bouncy:

Just picked this up today from my brother recommending it to me ... gotta say I was pleasantly surprised I usually am not a big platforming fan ... now to find a a kmart that has GTA 4 in stock

Bump to say this

Tried to pick one up at the local Kmart. Wasn't able to find one in the case and the kid working in electronics told me that they never made a Sly Cooper collection. After I showed him the ad he said it must be a print error. I didn't feel like arguing, I just walked across the street to Walmart, they had at least 8+ copies and price matched.

[quote name='wolfhunt']Tried to pick one up at the local Kmart. Wasn't able to find one in the case and the kid working in electronics told me that they never made a Sly Cooper collection. After I showed him the ad he said it must be a print error. I didn't feel like arguing, I just walked across the street to Walmart, they had at least 8+ copies and price matched.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny -- I'm sure Kmart completely fabricates games and then puts them on sale all the time!

Picked this up today. My KMart had three copies. Took a while for the CSR to get to the section....I had to go track him down. Aside from that no issues. Thanks OP and SHC-Gamer

[quote name='wolfhunt']Tried to pick one up at the local Kmart. Wasn't able to find one in the case and the kid working in electronics told me that they never made a Sly Cooper collection. After I showed him the ad he said it must be a print error. I didn't feel like arguing, I just walked across the street to Walmart, they had at least 8+ copies and price matched.[/QUOTE]

I would have gone back to K-Mart with the game and been like "I guess this isn't a real game and I guess Wal-Mart didn't sell it to me"

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I would have gone back to K-Mart with the game and been like "I guess this isn't a real game and I guess Wal-Mart didn't sell it to me"[/QUOTE]

Just to prove a point to a 16 year old minimum wage employee?

That's kind of sad. I mean yeah he's misinformed, which is sad considering that it's even in his store's advertisements but it's not really worth dwelling on that much.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Just to prove a point to a 16 year old minimum wage employee?

That's kind of sad. I mean yeah he's misinformed, which is sad considering that it's even in his store's advertisements but it's not really worth dwelling on that much.[/QUOTE]

We have no idea how old this employee is or how much money he makes. For all we know he could be the manager of the electronics department. The employee basically called him a liar and refused to do his job. Plus the K-Mart is right across the street according to the guy who posted this so it's not that far of a drive. Who's to say he didn't do this to other customers before and/or after this? It's not to shove it in his face, but to show him that he is not doing his job and is causing his employer to lose revenue which in turn may cause him to lose his job.

Snagged one at the lovely Sayville K-Mart. They even had a sticker on the case advertising the price. Had 2 left as of this afternoon. Tons of great gaming here for this price...

[quote name='Saix_XIII']We have no idea how old this employee is or how much money he makes. For all we know he could be the manager of the electronics department.[/QUOTE]

So he's a middle aged man making an even more depressing $10/hr?

[quote name='Saix_XIII'] It's not to shove it in his face, but to show him that he is not doing his job and is causing his employer to lose revenue which in turn may cause him to lose his job.[/QUOTE]

But if he's as much of an ass as you're assuming he won't care.

Take the online survey and mention it there if you really care about the service at the store, that will do more than a hundred people telling a single employee off.

I'm all for reporting shitty employees but this sounds more like minimum wage syndrome than anything. If you actually want to improve the situation there are better ways to do it, all this would do is give you an equally sad sense of satisfaction. I doubt the guy will even remember who he is an hour later.

bread's done
Back