Sly Collection (PS3) for $19.99 @ Kmart

Got mine earlier tonight. Picked it up at the Kmart in Brandon Fl. They had two copies left. It was funny because the girl asked me why this game is such a big deal saying that people have been coming in all day buying it. I told her its a fun game series but mainly because its $20 here while everywhere else its $40. She said her boyfriend keeps trying to get her to play games and said Sly looks fun so she bought the last copy lol. Then she turned to my girlfriend and asked if she plays and my girlfriend said yeah and that she plays survival horror games. It was nice to see a Kmart electronics employee who wasn't lazy or stupid and was actually helpful. Thanks OP for the post.

My local K-Mart in Lodi, CA was sold out when I went in at noon today. The sales clerk told me that they had only received two copies of the game! I'll head to Best Buy tomorrow to try a price match.

I lucked out - there were none in the glass case, but I asked the guy working in electronics, and he was nice enough to go dig one out of the back.

Thanks K-mart electronics dude

[quote name='wolfhunt']Tried to pick one up at the local Kmart. Wasn't able to find one in the case and the kid working in electronics told me that they never made a Sly Cooper collection. After I showed him the ad he said it must be a print error. I didn't feel like arguing, I just walked across the street to Walmart, they had at least 8+ copies and price matched.[/QUOTE]

XD! That's pretty hilarious. When I went to buy Epic Mickey at Kmart the employee in electronics told me that a Collector's Edition was never made & that what I saw was all they had. So when I was about to leave that area of the store I noticed the EM:CE, sitting in a glass case right below the register. :roll:

On another note, I'm going to use my coupon from EM, if anyone can't find Sly and wants me to look for them while I'm there. :)

This was a great opportunity to use a $10 gaming coupon, grabbing 3 games and trophies for only $10. Thanks, again, K Mart. :)

Mine is supposed to be delivered by tomorrow. That's some fast shipping from a non-amazon purchase!

can't wait

Just picked mine up from KMart in Somerville, MA. Whoever said those things about trying to get service at KMart was right. No one was anywhere near the electronics section, and I had to track down someone in the women's clothing aisle to ask for help. She told me that the electronics person didn't come in until 10. I was starting to become livid at this point, and eventually someone with the key for the game case was called and came to help me.

[quote name='wolfhunt']Tried to pick one up at the local Kmart. Wasn't able to find one in the case and the kid working in electronics told me that they never made a Sly Cooper collection. After I showed him the ad he said it must be a print error. I didn't feel like arguing, I just walked across the street to Walmart, they had at least 8+ copies and price matched.[/QUOTE]

I would seriously look up the info in the KMartGamer op and send your story to Josh. That's inexcusable to be treated like that.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I would seriously look up the info in the KMartGamer op and send your story to Josh. That's inexcusable to be treated like that.[/QUOTE]

The employee was hilariously ignorant of the existence of the game. He didn't butt rape him. :roll:

[quote name='miriamleo']Yeah, agree with the person who says Sony's games drop price fairly quickly. God of War Collection in particular dropped extremely fast. I am only surprise Heavy Rain has not dropped yet. Maybe they are trying to keep its 'niche' value.[/QUOTE]

Actually Sony games are some of the slowest to have an MSRP drop. Many places were still selling Heavenly Sword for $60 in late 09/early 10. MLB The Show 09 still had a $40 new MSRP when The Show 10 came out.

Only time Sony games drop in price is when they go Greatest Hit. GoW Collection had that happen in March because of how well it sold and also to help promote GoW 3.

Your right about Heavy Rain. It pisses me off that MAG, a game that came out 2-4 weeks earlier, became a GH to help promote Move but Heavy Rain still sits at $60 MSRP, when it sold more than MAG, and the planned DLC for Heavy Rain was cancelled minus the original demo level that was promised as free to Gamestop preorders and $5 for everyone else to make Heavy Rain Move compatible.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']The employee was hilariously ignorant of the existence of the game. He didn't butt rape him. :roll:[/QUOTE]

OK then that single employee is costing that KMart who knows how much money over the course of time and if he/she is going to either work in Electronics or at least carry the keys, they need to be educated somewhat on what they're selling.

[quote name='confoosious']The employee was hilariously ignorant of the existence of the game. He didn't butt rape him. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't he want to complain about an ignorant, and rude employee? Maybe then that employee will get a scolding, or have his actions reviewed. Everyone wins except the asshole employee. Kmart makes the sale, customer gets his game, and everyone deals with a better service.

:roll:

Thanks for the heads up.

You know that not every person knows literally every game ever made, so ignorance is okay. If he was rude then it should be reported.

[quote name='EvilIA']Thanks for the heads up.

You know that not every person knows literally every game ever made, so ignorance is okay. If he was rude then it should be reported.[/QUOTE]

When you show him the store's ad with the game in question and the employee says it's a misprint and that game doesn't even exist, I would qualify that as rude and incompetent.

Blah, visiting family and hit up the one Kmart in the area. Clerk said they sold out of Sly Collection on Sunday, so I had to PM @ Best Buy.

Picked this up at the Kmart here in NYC. It was actually at the counter behind glass. The cashier also needed a manager to override it or something. Good b-day present :D

For the record, I am really liking this game. I was a Gamecube only owner for all of last generation (I know right!) so I have never played any of these games before. Very pleased!

Picked up a copy at the Martinsville,Va store yesterday. I missed checking out the Sly games back in the PS2 era. The games are great! Great deal!

I actually found a Kmart near my parents' house so stopped by but they didn't have any in the glass or behind the counter. Luckily I remembered the ad and got this and GTA IV Complete for the PS3 PMed at Walmart. I'm a happy camper now.

DAMN i went to Best buy to try to price match, they said they could, but they had to call kmart and see if the local kmart had any in stock so they could price match, and unfortunately for me, they didn't. :(. Anyone know if Target or Sears price matches?

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']DAMN i went to Best buy to try to price match, they said they could, but they had to call kmart and see if the local kmart had any in stock so they could price match, and unfortunately for me, they didn't. :(. Anyone know if Target or Sears price matches?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Sears and Target both price match.

heh...this is a stupid question, but how do you PM?

let's say i was going to PM to Best buy...do I have to bring a Kmart ad to Best Buy or can I just pull up the Kmart site on my phone and show the clerk?

[quote name='munkee222']heh...this is a stupid question, but how do you PM?

let's say i was going to PM to Best buy...do I have to bring a Kmart ad to Best Buy or can I just pull up the Kmart site on my phone and show the clerk?[/QUOTE]

Just bring in a copy of the K-Mart ad to Best Buy.

Best Buy's price match policy

[quote name='munkee222']heh...this is a stupid question, but how do you PM?

let's say i was going to PM to Best buy...do I have to bring a Kmart ad to Best Buy or can I just pull up the Kmart site on my phone and show the clerk?[/QUOTE]

You need the ad or at the very least a copy of the ad, but they may reject that and need to original. They usually won't price match a website since some stores have different prices online then in store (Best Buy and Wal-Mart being two prime examples). Plus the website doesn't even list the price anymore so that won't do any good it just shows that it's sold out, which won't help you in PMing it.

Finally got BB pricematch with Kmart ad & get both GTA: 4 Complete Collection & Sly Collection - $35 RZ GC = $5 plus taxes. Also, Spot last copy Trinity Universe (PS3) for $10 "Manager Special" and Picross 3D (DS) $10 for $21.XX after taxes :)

Went to Kmart yesterday to pick up a copy and honor the original retailer sale but alas they didn't have any. So then I went and price-matched at Wal-mart and used a $20 gift card to end up paying $1.75 tax. Thanks OP, good set of games, played the first part of Sly 1 and diggin' it.

[quote name='thegame85']For the record, I am really liking this game. I was a Gamecube only owner for all of last generation (I know right!) so I have never played any of these games before. Very pleased![/QUOTE]

You and me both. I was a GCN owner for most of the last generation and I only just recently got a PS2 from a friend of mine. I considered picking these up just as they were until I heard about the collection. Enjoying it so far!

Could anyone scan the Kmart ad with both Sly Collection and the GTA collection showing so I can print it out to PM on BB? If I go to Kmart just for the ad. it makes it dumb to PM on BB since they are really far apart. I got a $20 BB GC so I'd rather just go straight to BB and PM.

Anyone care to help? Just PM if you can. Im sure someone scanned it sometime this week and its sitting in their PC. Please send me the scan JPEG or whatever!! Thank you!

[quote name='darknight88']Could anyone scan the Kmart ad with both Sly Collection and the GTA collection showing so I can print it out to PM on BB? If I go to Kmart just for the ad. it makes it dumb to PM on BB since they are really far apart. I got a $20 BB GC so I'd rather just go straight to BB and PM.

Anyone care to help? Just PM if you can. Im sure someone scanned it sometime this week and its sitting in their PC. Please send me the scan JPEG or whatever!! Thank you![/QUOTE]

The weekly ad is available online:

http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/default.aspx?action=nuep&adref=homepage_footer.

[quote name='jazzman']After failing yesterday to pm at 2 BB's, the wife got lucky with the pm today. Sly Collection for $20 is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

how did she fail? pretty clearcut pm...

[quote name='confoosious']how did she fail? pretty clearcut pm...[/QUOTE]

Either BB refused to PM because they don't consider KMart a competitor (it doesn't come up in the pre-approved list of stores I looked at the list when I PM'd NBA Jam a few weeks back,) the local KMart was out of copies when the BB clerk/manager called to confirm stock, or there's not a KMart close enough to that particular BB.

bread's done
Back