SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I got my Amazon order in today. They shipped in a bubble mailer, so there was some damage to the box. Of course I got one of the Middle Eastern versions with no poster or AC adapter. I'm pretty annoyed at how Amazon handled this whole thing. First they sold the preorders on the Treasure Truck and then I finally get mine weeks later, but it is an inferior version. Anyone else get one of these Middle Eastern versions? If so did you contact Amazon about it? I'm wondering if they're offering any compensation for it.

I got my Amazon order in today. They shipped in a bubble mailer, so there was some damage to the box. Of course I got one of the Middle Eastern versions with no poster or AC adapter. I'm pretty annoyed at how Amazon handled this whole thing. First they sold the preorders on the Treasure Truck and then I finally get mine weeks later, but it is an inferior version. Anyone else get one of these Middle Eastern versions? If so did you contact Amazon about it? I'm wondering if they're offering any compensation for it.
Wowzers. So glad I don't have Amazon Prime and rarely buy from them. I'd return and ask Blackbeard on here how stock looks in your 'hood at GS and Target. He's more useful than Jeff Bezos.

I can understand why people buy them on eBay now. Most days I only have a little bit of free time to search for one, and on the days when I can get online while I'm at work (like today) I can check stocks etc but not drop everything and run to GameStop. I spent a good bit of my free time driving around hoping to get lucky before I learned how to check stocks online, and I've been doing that several times a day. By now I could have just worked late one day to cover the markup and I'd have one. Still hoping to find one at regular price. But if I had loads of money, then I'd just pay and get it over with.

A walmart near my house says "quantity: 0" "limited stock" I guess that means they might have a couple? I'll go check after work today.

Today Gamestop jumped from 9xx stores in stock to 13xx stores, so they obviously had a big restock. Check your local stores on istocknow.com, you may be able to get one.

Today Gamestop jumped from 9xx stores in stock to 13xx stores, so they obviously had a big restock. Check your local stores on istocknow.com, you may be able to get one.
I got one! Istocknow said GameStop had some so I used my lunch break to drive there. The employee said they had 1 in stock and they had just received it or unpacked it or whatever. So damn excited! Thanks for sending me in that direction.

I got one! Istocknow said GameStop had some so I used my lunch break to drive there. The employee said they had 1 in stock and they had just received it or unpacked it or whatever. So damn excited! Thanks for sending me in that direction.
Congratulations! Glad you finally got one! Nintendo is definitely supplying far more of these than the NES classic, which I was never able to get. I think most people will be able to get one this holiday season.

Target in Reston VA had 5 when I just stopped in they have 4 now.. this is so much better than the hunt for the classic NES and their stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine from Amazon. It also came in just a bubble wrapped envelope which of course caused a few corners to be damaged.

But it is the normal US version. So that's good with me.

Feel sorry for everyone putting their faith (and money) into Amazon Prime.
For regular online shopping, Prime works great for me. But I've learned Amazon is pretty hit & miss with preorders in general, and just horrible with game console preorders (especially Nintendo stuff).

Amazon prime has been more miss for me lately. I don't know what has changed but I've been getting more and more damaged items. 

So I've got an extra trying to get rid of and ebay is not the best option. PM me for details. Not looking to make a profit just really trying to break even.

Target in Reston VA had 5 when I just stopped in they have 4 now.. this is so much better than the hunt for the classic NES and their stock
I checked the local target inventory for the hell of it today and saw limited stock. I actually had the sense to call in this time and asked how many they had because there are many universities in the area and the college kids destroy the stock of stuff like this quickly. They had five today (or yesterday technically) despite being previously told there wouldn't be any until tomorrow (well today). Pretty easy to find. lol at those who bought a bunch trying to make a profit

That istocknow website worked great. It showed four at the Target by my house and there were four there. I bought one for a Christmas gift for someone (figure that may be hard to find around that time) and Spider-Man Homecoming for me.

This is a lot easier to get ahold of than the NES Classic was

The lady that checked me out told me they had just gotten those in.

Question for those familiar with Target: is their store inventory system in-store real time or is it updated at intervals, say a few minutes to a few hours?

Question for those familiar with Target: is their store inventory system in-store real time or is it updated at intervals, say a few minutes to a few hours?
I've always found it to be nigh-real time...near instantaneous. At the very worst, within 5 minutes the inventory counts used to get updated on Target.com/the Target app as far as "available" -> "limited stock" -> "out of stock" as well as the inventory counts on the various sites when they were able to show them.

BTW, don't know if it's a repeat of Target store shenanigans or an honest mistake, but a store popped up showing 12 (2 cases) in stock which was showing 0 in the morning, but they "couldn't find them". Checked with receiving, guest services, stockroom, electronics, LOD...they were showing as on the shelf in the Nintendo glass case but nowhere to be found.

But another brand new small footprint store that I didn't even know had opened up - it was still under construction a week or so ago - popped up on the app as having it "in stock" while I was in this other store, so I headed over as it was very close by. Ended up grabbing a couple more as XMas gifts. Definitely not worth reselling given Amazon.com is showing them as starting at $109.99 third party, but will definitely make great great gifts. Still, stores that get big shipments (30-50) tend to sell out within 24 hours.

Hope you guys know that this amazon.jp listing is not intended for the mass public. It is only intended for customer who ordered and had issue in getting it fulfilled for some reason. The product listing page even stated it too. People been getting cancellation email a few days later. So strong possibility that you will get your order cancelled later like the rest.

I've always found it to be nigh-real time...near instantaneous. At the very worst, within 5 minutes the inventory counts used to get updated on Target.com/the Target app as far as "available" -> "limited stock" -> "out of stock" as well as the inventory counts on the various sites when they were able to show them.
So for an employee to tell me that it can take a few hours for their in-store inventory to update when they're checking their physical system is a lie? Any chance it's an outdated system or depends on the area? Before I charge someone with lying to my face, just wanted to make sure I have all the facts.

So for an employee to tell me that it can take a few hours for their in-store inventory to update when they're checking their physical system is a lie? Any chance it's an outdated system or depends on the area? Before I charge someone with lying to my face, just wanted to make sure I have all the facts.
Complete and utter lie. And easily tested - find any product in store and check its inventory count via your inventory tracker of choice. Note the count, then purchase the item. Wait a minute. Refresh inventory tracker. It's been a while since I did this and I didn't (re)check it for about 5-10 minutes, but the count dropped. 1-2 inventory showing on an item, I wouldn't accuse them of hiding/holding it back because it could very well be lost/miscount/stolen/misplaced. But 5, 10, 50 or more and they can't be found? "Glitch in the inventory system", "mistake", "it hasn't updated yet"... All 100% Bullshit.

I don't understand why Best Buy hasn't gotten more inventory of SNES classics, while all the other stores have had multiple restocks? Makes no sense, unless Best Buy just decided it wasn't worth the hassle to sell them.

Complete and utter lie. And easily tested - find any product in store and check its inventory count via your inventory tracker of choice. Note the count, then purchase the item. Wait a minute. Refresh inventory tracker. It's been a while since I did this and I didn't (re)check it for about 5-10 minutes, but the count dropped. 1-2 inventory showing on an item, I wouldn't accuse them of hiding/holding it back because it could very well be lost/miscount/stolen/misplaced. But 5, 10, 50 or more and they can't be found? "Glitch in the inventory system", "mistake", "it hasn't updated yet"... All 100% Bullshit.
Perfect, thanks for the info. I knew the guy was lying but didn't want to confront a manager without 100% confidence in how their system should be working. At least then we could hunt for systems that supposedly "had personally sold the last of".

Perfect, thanks for the info. I knew the guy was lying but didn't want to confront a manager without 100% confidence in how their system should be working. At least then we could hunt for systems that supposedly "had personally sold the last of".
Hell, you can even ask them to check how many of an item are showing up on their handheld "MyDevices", the price gun, or via the register, then buy 1 of said item, and have them recheck the inventory counts.

Just checked and that store that was showing 12 yesterday is still showing 12. They're *somewhere* in that store. Glad I was checking the Target app "check local stores for inventory" though and that brand new store popped up, because that new store was showing on the spreadsheet as "NOT SOLD IN STORE".

EDIT: AAAaaaaand that store with 12 yesterday is now at 0.

There's a store in Fullerton that is showing 60 and has been showing that same count for days now...that would be 10 cases so either they are holding them back for some no good reason or they are "lost". It's a bit away from the nearest freeway but near enough to Cal State Fullerton. The store right by UCLA in Westwood has been showing 11 all week. And one of the Vegas stores has been showing 48 for days too. But the one I'm scratching my head over is a store in Tuscon showing 524. I'd fly/drive out there and buy them all at 70% off clearance, but that can't be right.

I don't understand why Best Buy hasn't gotten more inventory of SNES classics, while all the other stores have had multiple restocks? Makes no sense, unless Best Buy just decided it wasn't worth the hassle to sell them.
They are probably waiting until they have enough stock to do another ticketed Sunday event.

Hope you guys know that this amazon.jp listing is not intended for the mass public. It is only intended for customer who ordered and had issue in getting it fulfilled for some reason. The product listing page even stated it too. People been getting cancellation email a few days later. So strong possibility that you will get your order cancelled later like the rest.
I don’t read Japanese. What does it specifically say?

They are probably waiting until they have enough stock to do another ticketed Sunday event.
Target has a bad track record of pulling this off IMO. Yesterday was supposed to be the hold-out day according to rumors online and while some stores were doing so, a majority just sold them as they trickled in. Target has been the only retailer selling them other than GS as they get restocks, so IDK about all that. BB I'm sure is getting ready to announce another ticketed event soon but you'd know more about that. ;)

One of my local Walmart's had at least 4 in stock when I left. I'm starting to think the rush to get them is slowing down.

One of my local Walmart's had at least 4 in stock when I left. I'm starting to think the rush to get them is slowing down.
It's going to be funny if they are sitting on shelves later this year after I spent so much time struggling to get one. I knew that could be a possibility, but I managed to get and nes classic right before they were suddenly discontinued and am nervous about this one despite what Nintendo has said.

Edit: meant to say I WAS nervous until I got one

It's going to be funny if they are sitting on shelves later this year after I spent so much time struggling to get one. I knew that could be a possibility, but I managed to get and nes classic right before they were suddenly discontinued and am nervous about this one despite what Nintendo has said.
That is how it should be for something like this. A grocery store impulse buy for the kids on a rainy weekend. I'm curious how many they have produced so far compared to the NES Classic

I thought you already got an SNES Classic?

I did. I just mean that it's going to be funny if they are sitting on shelves and really easy to get soon, since I put a lot of effort into getting one asap.
Oh that's true. But I really think that Nintendo is going to produce a lot of the SNES Classic, after they created a lot of anger by how poorly they stocked the NES Classic.

Oh that's true. But I really think that Nintendo is going to produce a lot of the SNES Classic, after they created a lot of anger by how poorly they stocked the NES Classic.
I hope they do. A lot of people seem to be buying a second one for family members and kids which is pretty exciting to me.

Anyone know what the deal is with Targets "on hand" qty vs saleable? My local store says they have 41 "on hand" but none actually for sale there

What in the actual fuck ? There's an SNES classic New 3DS XL up for preorder. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076KRDRQG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

71PJBdQ%2B6aL._AC_.jpg

Done.... That's awesome, I wish the Nes 3ds Xl looked like this instead of the controller, this will match my Game Boy SP!
That nes game boy sp was the first thing I thought of when I saw that new 3ds xl. I've wanted one of those SPs ever since it was released, but never found one for a decent price. I've snagged 4 different color game boy SPs lately though very cheap at thrift stores. I guess I'm collecting them now.

The problem with that new 3ds XL is the release date. Finding the damn $199.99+tax right around black friday and the holidays will be tough. I need to trade some stuff into amazon over the next month.

I'm in limited edition overload. In a perfect world I'd be able to afford the cool looking Mario Odyssey switch bundle, the Project Scorpio Xbox One X, the Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Pro, and now this awesome new 3DS XL.

bread's done
Back