SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Damn that's awesome.  I'm in for one.  I've been so close to ordering one of the Super Famicom versions for the longest time.   Still want one of those. 

My amazon snes classic finally shipped and they shipped it USPS parcel post. That can take almost two weeks to get to me in Alaska. At least it's finally coming. 

I won't even care if it's a middle eastern version. I wonder if that will be a rare variant some day?

Got an alert that it was back in stock at GameStop. Wasn’t serious about getting another, but wanted to see if I could get to “submit order”. I got it in my cart, but sold out before I could log in.

I got my Amazon preorder a couple days ago. I figured they would have just canceled it but it made it after all.
I got lucky finding one in the wild so I guess I’ll give this one as a gift.

With the code for Mario Kart with the New 3DS XL, I'm wondering if they will milk more 3DS sales by promising/providing alot of Virtual Console games for it from SNES catalog since Nintendo knows that will sell more systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm wondering what time it will be available. Want to get one for my sister as a surprise and mod'ums.

Some of the local gamestops in Indy got more stock today.  Also noticed some walmarts are getting stock.

Seems the shipments are only around 6 units this time.

Yeah, it’s been 6 every two weeks in NJ as well, lol. Same with Target and Walmart. Holiday shopping should be interesting. Glad I got mine already.

Just received an email from Toys r us that they will have more in stock tomorrow Oct 27th in store only.
I was in a TRU today and the dude told me they're supposed to get stock later today, they'll hand out tickets to those in line at around 9:30am, and then sell them to ticketholders at 10am. Not going to do it, but good luck to those that do.

I was in a TRU today and the dude told me they're supposed to get stock later today, they'll hand out tickets to those in line at around 9:30am, and then sell them to ticketholders at 10am. Not going to do it, but good luck to those that do.
Yeah i agree, unless you are really desperate to get one, these things are not hard to come by right now. I think it will be a different story when holiday season starts to really kicks in.

I think the above poster is correct---these things will be really hard to get during post-Thanksgiving right up until Christmas. A lot of the scalpers are holding or accumulating stock until then.

I think the above poster is correct---these things will be really hard to get during post-Thanksgiving right up until Christmas. A lot of the scalpers are holding or accumulating stock until then.
i was thinking the same. I had to send my mom out to Walmart the other morning to get one for a friends nephew and this is what I told the friend, if we don't get them now then when kids give grandparents shopping list more people will be trying to get them.

My Toys R'Us sold them this morning but they opened at 9am instead of 10am as stated on their website.  Got there thinking I was early but nope, the store was already opened and sold out all their stock.

Can't speak from experience but I suspect TRU is a mess when it comes to these considering parents first think to go here for a toy vs Target or a BB. For that reason, I've stayed far away.

I guess emails were sent out, that's what one told me so I knew that was trouble but I didn't hear too much advertisement there was for it. Here in so cal people lined up way early for this, I couldn't imagine they had many to part with as well.

i was thinking the same. I had to send my mom out to Walmart the other morning to get one for a friends nephew and this is what I told the friend, if we don't get them now then when kids give grandparents shopping list more people will be trying to get them.
Lol no kid is going to ask for an snes classic, dude.

I managed to go to tru after changing my windshield due to hurricane Maria it had two cracks, by the time I got to TRU at about 12:30 they were already sold out. Best Buy here still has not reopened and Walmart has only brought it in stock once.

How did this work out today? I heard from two different coworkers that their kids went to go wait in line and that the lines were long.
went good were 16 units and ended up with the 17th person showing up right at opening didnt do tickets early like said would just gave us a post it note with a number when opened at 10

Was at Best Buy last night and they had a pile of at least a dozen on the counter of the middle island. They were with the new Mario Amiibo.

I saw my first SNES Classic in the wild today. I went to Best Buy to buy Red Dead Redemption GOTY and saw one on the shelf with about 4-5 Switches and some 3DS's. I already got the two I wanted so I did not buy it. Maybe Nintendo did learn a lesson and produced more of these. I never saw NES classics in the wild.

Yea saw an associate at BestBuy bring one up to pickup counter tonight. Went straight to the games area and there were a 4 more in the cage. So got mine. I'm sure they'll make more of these than the NES Classic but glad I got it now than have to worry about it later.

Add to cart button didn't even go live for me until 10:05. Got all the way through the end of checkout just to see the message that it went OOS and removed from my cart.

EDIT: Just placed an order and received confirmation.

This Target deal was BS. I went in to a store to sign up for a RedCard yesterday... told them I was signing up so I could order an SNES Classic and the guy knew about the offer. After I get approved I notice on the printout that it doesn't have the whole account number. I ask them how I can use it online before I get my physical card and they tell me that I can't. Great scam to get me to sign up for their card.

This Target deal was BS. I went in to a store to sign up for a RedCard yesterday... told them I was signing up so I could order an SNES Classic and the guy knew about the offer. After I get approved I notice on the printout that it doesn't have the whole account number. I ask them how I can use it online before I get my physical card and they tell me that I can't. Great scam to get me to sign up for their card.
That's on you ,

All cc work that way for online purchases.

That's on you ,

All cc work that way for online purchases.
The CS guy told me I would get a slip printed up that would allow me to make purchases until I got the real card in the mail. He didn't tell me that it would be good only for in-store purchases.

The website had the option of applying for the redcard online.

Anyways, unavailable as of the last several minutes, maybe they'll do this again.

bread's done
Back