SNES Classic Discussion Thread

For me, I was super pumped when the NES Classic was announced and started thinking about all the games on it I would play immediately. Finally was able to get one in January and haven't even thought about it since. Truthfully, these older games are fun but these games seem to hold up better imo on a handheld rather than a big screen. I feel like nostalgia took over when I heard about the NES Classic but really knew that I wouldn't touch it.

I don't mind Nintendo doing what they're doing, honestly. 

It increases the value and desire of their products, making them that much more special. 

People want what they can't have. If I don't get one, I don't get one. Honestly, we're talking about an emulator here. 

I don't mind Nintendo doing what they're doing, honestly.

It increases the value and desire of their products, making them that much more special.

People want what they can't have. If I don't get one, I don't get one. Honestly, we're talking about an emulator here.
I've always said this. This is free marketing for Nintendo. They are more about preserving their BRAND, and a lot of people forget how powerful and how valuable just a brand can be. They are hoping that they produce just enough to meet demand, without produsing too many that they start going on clearance.

I've always said Nintendo is the Disney of the video game world, they both protect their brand as much as they can.

People are actually defending this limited time BS? Lol. No other corporation in the entire world operates like this. If Nintendo really wanted to profit they would ship 20 million of these easy and I can guarantee they would sell everyone of them. They could ship 50 million and still sell all of them.
No other company you say.

• Limited Edition Consoles - Black Friday Bundles, Game Bundles, 1-Off Consoles (FFXV PS4, Uncharted 4 Blue PS4, Sunset Overdrive XB1)
  • Cards Against Humanity - Limited Edition Packs including Mass Effect, Holiday Packs, Post-Trump Pack, etc.
  • Hatchimals (Notice how at first these were only suppose to be a holiday item, than demand was crazy and they produced more after the holidays. They did not expect to sell more of these post holiday season.)
  • Anniversary DVD's / Blu-Ray's. These are only intended to sell within the month that they are released, they aren't produced again as it is a constant revenue stream every X years.
  • Limited Edition Shoes - This one you can look up anywhere. Yeezy's, Jordan's, etc.
This isn't new and it's a tried and successful marketing strategy. Nintendo just happens to be the most popular company that does this.

Last edited by a moderator:
* You'll need to provide a US-plugged AC-to-USB adapter, since it'll come with a UK-pronged one.
Dumb question alert: You think the 5V ones that are pack-ins w/ iPhones will work? I have a bunch of these lying around.

9H7yHX1.png

Or are they not powerful enough.

It would be nice if Nintendo opened up a 24 hour window on their website for pre-orders. They wont do it of course. I hope Amazon,Best Buy, Target, and Toys R Us have these for pre-order this time, because I do not recall the NES Classic going up for any pre-orders.

Uggghhh...  I was already in bed waiting for two ambian to take effect when the news hit.  Been sitting here trying to fight off the effects since in hopes of the US amazon will put up the preorder as I'm not putting all my eggs in that amazon.uk order .  As a result this is pretty much me right now.

cb239df3fc59b77f1d957b843c7e155fb2cee8cc033bed41615a35a1e2a4fc16b52be3dbd041e1a15475a087c7609556.jpg

I'm one step away from drooling on my keyboard.

It would be nice if Nintendo opened up a 24 hour window on their website for pre-orders. They wont do it of course. I hope Amazon,Best Buy, Target, and Toys R Us have these for pre-order this time, because I do not recall the NES Classic going up for any pre-orders.
Target had pre-orders. That is how I was able to get one.

TRU and Target did I believe. I know TRU did because that was how I got mine.

You don't remember simply because it wasn't a pressing issue to you at the time until you saw it on the news being sold out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dumb question alert: You think the 5V ones that are pack-ins w/ iPhones will work? I have a bunch of these lying around.

9H7yHX1.png

Or are they not powerful enough.
I'd wager it would be fine.. worst case, I'm guessing the power cord/supply will be in generous supply from reputable third parties.

Isn't that Disney's whole thing with their "vault"?
Unless it's a super-limited steelbook, generally Disney movies are readily available online *and* in stores for months, not it's gone at opening and you have to pay $80 for the movie. The "vault" is just it being retired. If you can't buy a movie within the few months-yearish that it is out of the vault, that's a problem with budgeting. The NES Classic was something you outright couldn't find.

bread's done
Back