SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Didn't see it posted in recent posts:

I got an email saying one of my SNES orders on Amazon U.K. Is cancelled. They acknowledged that they put up 2 different listings so they cancelled one of my orders.
That's actually good news for those of us who were charged the higher price if they are just merging the two.

So it looks like one of the reasons there is a delay in US pre-orders is because of FCC clearance.

Looks like we're in this for the long haul ladies and gentlemen.

Keep an eye out for the public FCC rating approval ... for shortly after you can expect the pre-orders to go live.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.i4u.com/2017/06/123553/no-snes-classic-pre-order-because-fcc-approval-missing
Super interesting and great find.

I'm wondering if you can check the status of such things on FCC website.

I tried looking on mobile (terrible experience) but I did see that approval generally takes about "6-8 weeks," but there is also a "fast track" option (company has to pay a private company to do this) which takes "1-2 weeks."

That's actually good news for those of us who were charged the higher price if they are just merging the two.
I just checked, mine hasn't been cancelled, but I only ordered after the restock, this is looking good so far tho it would be nice to get a Japanese system for legend of the mystical ninja

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked, mine hasn't been cancelled, but I only ordered after the restock, this is looking good so far tho it would be nice to get a Japanese system for legend of the mystical ninja
Same. I have mine from Amazon sarl, that is the one after the restock, correct?

I ordered from Amazon.uk the first time it went up, and my order is still active. I wonder if yours got cancelled because you ordered more than one.

I think they probably just merged the two and kept the cheaper one. The one I still have is the one with 63.28 total so I think it's the second one.
Do you know what the AISN is on your cheaper order? My price hasn't adjusted to the lower one but I'm wondering if the page switched. When I click on the link it goes to a page with the AISN: B071G84PFQ. When I search on Amazon UK it does seem to only show the one listing now.

Do you know what the AISN is on your cheaper order? My price hasn't adjusted to the lower one but I'm wondering if the page switched. When I click on the link it goes to a page with the AISN: B071G84PFQ. When I search on Amazon UK it does seem to only show the one listing now.
My order links to an ASIN of B073BVHY3F

My order from Amazon.de is still showing as active on the site, but I noticed this morning that when I double checked the address to make sure everything was correct it gave me an error message on top of the page that my address is no longer active and that I need to change it.

Every address I selected gave me the error as well as saying it can't ship to my country. Starting to get worried...

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/30/15874874/snes-classic-edition-nintendo-impressions-photos

Polygon preview of SNES classic.

There's also another Polygon story about gender roles with hamsters in video games, but I won't share that.
Was wondering how the controllers worked given the form factor. So glad I got a WiiU Pro controller on clearance now. It's hilarious to me how much time I spent searching for cheap Wii and WiiU controllers just to play classic games on the NESC. I've never owned and will never own either console but these controllers sure do come in handy!

FCC is a great explanation as to why we have no pre-orders yet and it's exactly why I haven't been killing myself (like many people) to monitor this 24/7. Hopefully it's approved sooner than later but for now I'm looking at a nice 4 day weekend ahead and I'm sure AF not wasting it on Nintendo.

So is it wise to change the UK pre-order from standard shipping to global? Do you think it really makes a difference?
Dracula made a post answering this question. I guess the faster shipping speeds will only get you the console a few days earlier. The cheapest option is sent by Royal Mail which is the equivalent to USPS.

Wow! I hadn't seen that before. Thanks for the heads up. Definitely pre-ordering.
Just a heads up, you might be better off ordering this directly from BitMap Books, the creators.

https://www.bitmapbooks.co.uk/collections/all/products/snes-superfamicom-a-visual-compendium?variant=40908545806

I contributed to the Kickstarter for this (and the previous NES one, which is excellent) and here is some info from the backer page:

Amazon.com update

So the saga continues. Turns out after multiple calls to the US and emails, that Amazon can legally list whatever they like at whatever price they like. I've had several emails from distressed backers that Amazon are selling the book at a lesser price so soon after the Kickstarter. I'll say this again, just so it's 100% clear:

Amazon.com / Amazon.de / Amazon.jp will NOT be getting stock on this book. I personally control exactly where my stock goes and for books to go into Amazon you have to be a registered seller (which I'm not) or have an agent who is. So, these sites cannot fulfil the order they're taking so just ignore the listings. I very rarely discount my books and I would never be stupid to discount by almost 50% before it's even released! I would never disrespect my backers like that.

Just a heads up, you might be better off ordering this directly from BitMap Books, the creators.

https://www.bitmapbooks.co.uk/collections/all/products/snes-superfamicom-a-visual-compendium?variant=40908545806

I contributed to the Kickstarter for this (and the previous NES one, which is excellent) and here is some info from the backer page:

Amazon.com update

So the saga continues. Turns out after multiple calls to the US and emails, that Amazon can legally list whatever they like at whatever price they like. I've had several emails from distressed backers that Amazon are selling the book at a lesser price so soon after the Kickstarter. I'll say this again, just so it's 100% clear:

Amazon.com / Amazon.de / Amazon.jp will NOT be getting stock on this book. I personally control exactly where my stock goes and for books to go into Amazon you have to be a registered seller (which I'm not) or have an agent who is. So, these sites cannot fulfil the order they're taking so just ignore the listings. I very rarely discount my books and I would never be stupid to discount by almost 50% before it's even released! I would never disrespect my backers like that.
Thanks for that. That happened to me before with a similar NES book that Amazon ended up removing later on (It may have been the one you mentioned). I'll check out the website.

Edit: I see he offers a softcover version as well on the site. I'd actually prefer that one over the hardcover anyway. Thanks again.

dammit, they cancelled 1 of my 2 amazon.co.uk preorders. 

IMG_3566_zpsbacamn43.png

remember how I said that you could have ordered 20+ units from that second listing if you wanted?  The email was mostly in response to people who ordered multiple quantities on that second listing.  But I had an order of 1 from the initial listing, and another order of 1 from the second, separate listing the next day.  At least they cancelled the more expensive one. 

Or if you read it, it states they had two offerings for the same product and have canceled the erroneous orders as part of a merge. Had you only had one order of the incorrect listing, they would have updated the order to the correct product but couldn't because you already exceeded their limit of one for it.

It will be interesting to see what the total number of units will be for this thing. I think once US preorders drop we will really see what the true demand is. I am sure a lot will cancel the overseas ones which may even out. But seeing that this is Nintendo I even have my doubts as they said they would be able to fulfill nes classics I thought and that never really happened.

I have a feeling all of the US preorders will start during the middle of the day on the 4th of July because I will be in the middle of a lake drinking and swimming. I'll be celebrating independence ... from a SNES Classic.  

Except that you'll likely never get that of ordering from amazon. I supported the kickstarter. I LOVE those books. That amazon listing is a fraction of the cost of the book. There was a bit of an outrage about it over on kickstarter- the creators of the books stated that they do not sell their books through Amazon and that listing is 100% false. Don't expect to get it from amazon at that price, if at all.

Support them through kickstarter or direct from their website- they make truly amazing books.

So is it wise to change the UK pre-order from standard shipping to global? Do you think it really makes a difference?
No not at all wise. I emailed U.K. Amazon and they said that standard is airmail and global will be the same speed or maybe a day faster, so I'm leaving mine at standard shipping, there is zero advantage to switching to global

What? only doubled of NES Classic numbers, with a maybe!? And the FCC thing makes sense. Well that means that it might be over a month before orders open in the USA. Well I guess that means I can safely go on that trip tomorrow.
The FCC is weird, they can approve it in a couple days, or a couple weeks. So it puts us in the same place as we are now, not sure. But at least it offers some semblance of an explanation as to why preorders have not gone up here, yet are up most everywhere else

The FCC is weird, they can approve it in a couple days, or a couple weeks. So it puts us in the same place as we are now, not sure. But at least it offers some semblance of an explanation as to why preorders have not gone up here, yet are up most everywhere else
I looked it up on FCC site. It takes 6-8 weeks or 1-2 weeks if you "fast track."

FCC has approved third party players who can fast track an approval, but you have to pay.

bread's done
Back