SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I'm hoping that orders with Game UK and Amazon France will finally end the chase for me. As long as one of them gets delivered, I'm good and the extra $15-35 is well spent since I won't have to fight the scalpers/bots trying to score one at msrp. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to GS and paid off my in store preorder. Asked if I need to camp out as well and he insists they will hold it for 48 hours. Still leery of counting any chickens. Just hoping to get One!

Can't wait to play it, especially as this holidays lineup of new games is really lacking IMO. Can't think of a single 2017 game I need.

I went to GS and paid off my in store preorder. Asked if I need to camp out as well and he insists they will hold it for 48 hours. Still leery of counting any chickens. Just hoping to get One!

Can't wait to play it, especially as this holidays lineup of new games is really lacking IMO. Can't think of a single 2017 game I need.
I'd be leery too. A while back, when the official Wii U/GC controller adapters were up for preorder (and ridiculously hard to get), my store got mine in early and never called me. After months of waiting, I went in on the day it was to be released and was told they got only one in two weeks before and someone bought it the day it came in. I fucking burned them on the survey and (coincidentally?) the SM was terminated shortly thereafter.

My GS is a bit different. He told me to be there on the 29th cos he will not be able to hold my pre order for two days. Eep.

Now i'm going to get a friend to try to pick it up for me cos I can't physically be in store on the 29th.

My GS is a bit different. He told me to be there on the 29th cos he will not be able to hold my pre order for two days. Eep.

Now i'm going to get a friend to try to pick it up for me cos I can't physically be in store on the 29th.
No problem, send me the details, I'll pick it up for you. ;)

I will definitely be there at opening on launch day. Just wanted to ask the employee to see if I needed to camp out. I'll probably get there a half hour before they open just to make sure they know I'm there

B&H Photo Video sent me an email update. I got a little excited, but my hopes were dashed; "item remains unavailable." Such a tease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an alert from zoolert for Target while I was driving to work (of course like two minutes after I left the house and I didn't feel my phone vibrate) Was that a false positive? I didn't receive an alert from anyone else. I checked the zoolert site and there's a bunch of hits for being in stock for 1 minute.

well I am pissed my cc got compromised so all my preorders are gonna be cancelled except best buy, Amazon uk and de. fnac and Walmart will be cancelled

So unless something changed, for Wal-Mart you should get an email stating to update your payment information so that the item can be processed and shipped.

You may want to call in customer service and verify such though.

Probably in advance for day of release if they stick to their "no online preorders" statement.  At least they are limiting to 1 per customer.  But I can also see it going live early with 20 days to go, so who knows.

I too got an email about my bundle preorders. Yet they still dont show up in my preorders on the app or their website, yet my in store one does. Odd. Good sign though!

I'm really curious about Best Buy. Doesn't seem right that they haven't addressed orders. I have two through the site from when they were the first to do preorders. I'd rather they cancelled one so I knew the other was going to be fulfilled. But as it stands, with both still open, I assume neither will be fulfilled.

anyone here ended up buying a SNES bundle from gamestop? would really love to return some of the items but if they don't permit, no big deal. still happy about getting one, regardless. 

anyone here ended up buying a SNES bundle from gamestop? would really love to return some of the items but if they don't permit, no big deal. still happy about getting one, regardless.
From what people say, since its sold as one ite. And not numerous items on the receipt, that its all or nothing. Im probably gonna give it to my nephew dince one of my hopeful 3 preorders is for him and then the other bundle ill keep. As for my stand alone system in store at gamestop, i will probably sell it to one of my cousins just to make my money back from it, since canceling at this time is dangerous.

From what people say, since its sold as one ite. And not numerous items on the receipt, that its all or nothing. Im probably gonna give it to my nephew dince one of my hopeful 3 preorders is for him and then the other bundle ill keep. As for my stand alone system in store at gamestop, i will probably sell it to one of my cousins just to make my money back from it, since canceling at this time is dangerous.
good point. dont want to do anything to mess with the orders. hopefully there will a stand-alone in the future!

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/nintendo-exec-comments-on-snes-classic-supply/1100-6453238/

Just wanted to see what people think of this. Found it on the reddit for the SNES Classic.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/12/08/nintendo-consumers-will-be-able-to-get-their-hands-on-nes-classic-editions-before-christmas/#30eb77053aed

I'll believe it when I see, he said you would be able to get a nes classic last year.

It's just Nintendo PR, till the product is actually released and we will see if they can keep up supply before the already announce discontinue date by the end of the year.

Sounds to me they're just going to ship whatever they're going to ship so take it with a grain of salt.

"so as we sit here today 2 weeks before Christmas, yeah I think consumers will be able to get their hands on it.” - nes classic 2016

Yeah that sounds like PR. Maybe trying to deter scalpers. I'll believe that when I walk into a best buy and see one sitting there longer than 30 seconds

Yeah that sounds like PR. Maybe trying to deter scalpers. I'll believe that when I walk into a best buy and see one sitting there longer than 30 seconds
It's not just PR, they will be better prepared this year. Mind you that does not mean they will be languishing on shelves, but as slow as Nintendo is to respond, they definitely will be more anxious to pick up more of that money. They did respond to Amiibo demand, it just took them a while. They said they did not anticipate the NES Classic to be that successful, but they have had a year to adjust and line up manufacturing. And retailers won't be shy on ordering stock.

I doubt you will be able to just walk into a store in November and find one on a whim, but it likely won't be harder than it is to get a Switch now. Which means, you can get one if you pay attention a little bit. Scalpers will drive up rarity initially, obviously.

It is still a semi crappy chance to find a switch afte rlike6 month on the shelf
They were just in stock at best buy, in stores for nearly a week, and even on bestbuy.com for almost a day. And Walmart had a bunch of the splatoon bundles. Anyone who really wanted a switch has no excuse by now.

It is still a semi crappy chance to find a switch afte rlike6 month on the shelf
Every time I walk into Best Buy, they have been languishing on the back counter of customer service. My area is oversupplied so it sounds like the real problem is mismanaged allocation (that or people really don't give a shit about Switch around here ;)).

I don't doubt that there's way more SNES Classics available than NES Classics, but the problem is that after how the NES Classic went, there's likely a bigger imbalance between supply and demand this time around. 

I'm a bit surprised at the ebay market right now. Buy it now prices are currently 180-190 shipped. Maybe people are choosing to try their luck on launch day before begrudgingly heading back to the scalpers.

I guess it depends on what "dramatically increased" SNES production actually means.  1.5x, 6x, 10x??  Preorders were unusually sketchy by some retailers but could account for only 1% of anticipated stock for all we know.  None of my preorders got cancelled yet, which makes me think there will not be significant stock issues.  People will definitely be buying more if they can whenever they can this time around at least at first, but will depend on perceived supply after that.

I guess it depends on what "dramatically increased" SNES production actually means. 1.5x, 6x, 10x?? Preorders were unusually sketchy by some retailers but could account for only 1% of anticipated stock for all we know. None of my preorders got cancelled yet, which makes me think there will not be significant stock issues. People will definitely be buying more if they can whenever they can this time around at least at first, but will depend on perceived supply after that.
Apparently it means they are shipping out more SNES Classics on launch day than they shipped total of the NES Classic in all of the last year. With more shipments following after that.

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-bringing-back-the-nes-classic-in-2018-1803771394?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

While this is great and all, this doesn't change the fact that Nintendo "ended" production and probably led to a lot of people buying one on eBay. They could have said a few months ago that they're halting production for now and that they will re-visit producing more units in the near future. 

While this is great and all, this doesn't change the fact that Nintendo "ended" production and probably led to a lot of people buying one on eBay. They could have said a few months ago that they're halting production for now and that they will re-visit producing more units in the near future.
That's happened before, and it is just speculation that they would never start again - which is always a gamble. Everyone was convinced Marth and some other Amiibos were gone for good, spending tons of money to get them. Then they were reprinted, and people were trying to figure out ways to differentiate an original run with a new one because their "value" plummeted. Nintendo is closer to Disney in this regard, they may halt production, but if something is a good money maker, you probably will see it again down the road. The only difference is "limited edition" consoles, as they just make new designs instead of re-treading old ones.

bread's done
Back