SNK MADNESS at Amazon, 14.99 each, plus other PS2 Games

ZForce

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
Updating Original Post for this year's crop of SNK games

KOF Orochi Saga (95-97) now up for preorder on Amazon

PS2 ($14.99, slated for Oct 14th)
http://www.amazon.com/King-Fighters...1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1220199832&sr=1-31

PSP ($19.99, slated for Oct 14th)
http://www.amazon.com/King-Fighters...2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1220199832&sr=1-32

Wii ($29.99, Slated for Oct 28th, gee, it comes out two weeks later and at twice the price, GREAT!)
http://www.amazon.com/King-Fighters...0?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1220199832&sr=1-30

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, the PSP version of the SNK Arcade Classics is only $19.99, in case you want to play it on the road.

Heavenly Guardian was a literal sequel to Pocky and Rocky before all the licensing issues changed the name and who knows what else.

I'd pay the cost of Fatal Fury Archives 1 and 2 combined for just Garou: Mark of the Wolves on its own. What's the deal, SNK?

In for all four -- even though it might be redundant to get SNK Arcade Classics especially if you have some of the other anthology games. Still, Top Hunter, Magician Lord and loads of others? OK!

Now if they threw in Windjammers, Waku Waku 7 & Viewpoint, it would be awesome.

this is a good deal. but is the msrp 19.99? if so ill just wait. hate preordering this far in advance. never know where my money will be.

Hell yes @ Baseball Stars 2 and Neo Turf Masters being on SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1! Unless the emulation on this is just plain crap, I won't have to shell out $9 apiece for them on Wii Virtual Console (and who knows if/when Neo Turf Masters will ever show up on the service).

It's moves like this that keep me from finally importing Samurai Spirits collection and Last Blade collection from Japan.

[quote name='bardockkun']Also anyone know how World Heroes Anthology is?[/quote]

World Heroes Anthology is a bit of an odd one. If you try to take it seriously, your brain will die. I believe it started as a direct jab at SFII since character simularities do exist even to the point of having a wrestler and two pallete swap characters.

HOWEVER, as time went on, they increased the sillyness and it became quite an enjoyable title. So if you ever wondered what would happen in a fight between Rasputin and Jack the Ripper, World Heroes is your game. Especially considering this is currently a $35 import.

Now, if they release a samurai showdown anthology with I through V at $20.... I would buy that in a flash!!!

I think I will be buying the SNK Arcade Classics and Heavenly Guardians. I really thought SNK Arcade Classics would be more - this is kick ass.

I would definitely get SNK if it Neo Mr. Do!

I might have to buy this and support them so that they make a Vol. 2.

(And a much better deal than Wii VC. :) )

I picked up NG Battle Col. and KOF XI a couple of months ago.
Does anyone know if they plan on releasing Last Blade 1 & 2 anytime soon?

I'm going to get all 3 but how much do you wanna bet at least one of these games is going to be delayed? I think both Neo Geo Collisium and King of Fighters XI got delayed. Either way, still some great budget games from SNK USA so at least they got their heads on straight for releases.

Thanks ZForce for the heads up.

[quote name='mtgrungoblins']I'm going to get all 3 but how much do you wanna bet at least one of these games is going to be delayed? I think both Neo Geo Collisium and King of Fighters XI got delayed. Either way, still some great budget games from SNK USA so at least they got their heads on straight for releases.

Thanks ZForce for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

At this point, SNK has multiple delays written in the official doctrine of the game development process. :lol:

[quote name='oasisboy']Now, if they release a samurai showdown anthology with I through V at $20.... I would buy that in a flash!!![/QUOTE]

I also want a Samurai Shodown Collection.

A Samurai Shodown Collection w/o V Special uncensored would be a total failure on SNK's part. I'm hoping they don't fuck it up.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I'd pay the cost of Fatal Fury Archives 1 and 2 combined for just Garou: Mark of the Wolves on its own. What's the deal, SNK?[/quote]Garou was a single game release in Japan.

I'm still waiting for KOF 94 Rebout and the KOF collections. :(

Did the anthology have Windjammers? That would be crazy!

Anyways, good find, bro! I'm definitely gonna pick up all of em!

It's funny cause my bro was looking for the World Heroes one, and in Japan it's called World Heores GORGEOUS!

Thank GOD they changed it!!!

[quote name='Simon D I']Did the anthology have Windjammers? That would be crazy![/quote]

Windjammers is a Data East game, so no. The Arcade Collection only has games by ADK and SNK.

[quote name='oasisboy']Now, if they release a samurai showdown anthology with I through V at $20.... I would buy that in a flash!!![/quote]

They are doing a Samurai Shodown collection with 1-5 and it is coming to U.S. But no price or date has been set. $20 would be unbelieveable, but I'd gladly pay $30-$50 for it.
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/857/857118.html

I imported two of the other neo geo online collections from play-asia recently. Last Blade 1 & 2 and Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves. They were each $25 together with shipping $53 total. Not bad at all.

[quote name='mtgrungoblins']I'm going to get all 3 but how much do you wanna bet at least one of these games is going to be delayed? I think both Neo Geo Collisium and King of Fighters XI got delayed. Either way, still some great budget games from SNK USA so at least they got their heads on straight for releases.

Thanks ZForce for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

I don't think SNK has released a game on time since the Neo Geo Pocket games. I buy pretty much any SNK game released as I can remember going as far back as Metal Slug 3 for Xbox being delayed. Samurai Shodown V was delayed for Xbox, Colosseum, KoF XI, Metal Slug Anthology for PS2 and PSP were ally delayed. I pretty much expect it from them but their games are usually cheap and good so I don't hold it against them.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']They are doing a Samurai Shodown collection with 1-5 and it is coming to U.S. But no price or date has been set. $20 would be unbelieveable, but I'd gladly pay $30-$50 for it.
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/857/857118.html[/quote]

Yes, thank you for that info... I am sure the samurai anthology will cost somewhere between $15 - $30... Cant wait for that!!! :)

Not sure yet if I'll jump on this deal or wait to get it somewhere else (as the tax and shipping costs would eat up any savings over B&M stores) but I really want the SNK Arcade Classics. Looks like a great deal, especially considering the price of Neo-Geo games back in the good ol' days.

[quote name='Moosejaw']Not sure yet if I'll jump on this deal or wait to get it somewhere else (as the tax and shipping costs would eat up any savings over B&M stores) but I really want the SNK Arcade Classics. Looks like a great deal, especially considering the price of Neo-Geo games back in the good ol' days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, these are all MSRP and you should be able to find better prices before/around release.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Yeah, these are all MSRP and you should be able to find better prices before/around release.[/QUOTE]

Great. Thanks for that info. In that case, I'll wait. But now I've got somethig to look for. Thanks, thread!

[quote name='bmarquardt']Yeah, these are all MSRP and you should be able to find better prices before/around release.[/quote]
Unless youre Gamestop/EBGames and charge them for $20 instead...

Going to guess that most likely these will quickly be $9.99/$14.99 "Great Value" endcap games at just like recent SNK budget releases Fatal Fury Archives Vol. 1 and The Art of Fighting Anthology are.

I'll wait for the next Buy One Get One Free sale on Great Value games and get the SNK games then. :)

Awesome value for the price.

[quote name='Josef']FYI, the PSP version of the SNK Arcade Classics is only $19.99, in case you want to play it on the road.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll pick up that one.

What type of game is that Heavenly Guardians? It says it has 2D art? That's promising right there :)

Did anyone notice this line in the World Heroes Anthology, under product features:

[quote name='Amazon Product Features Listing']Follows the storyline of Dr Brown a scientist who perfected a time machine[/quote]
:lol::lol::lol:

I just wish they'd bring the KOF anniversary releases to America. They were supposed to fill in the doublepack voids (94/95, 96/97, 98/99) and never did.

A few questions about Amazon preorder:
* When do they charge you?
* My Amazon Prime trial membership ends on the 8th, if I preorder before my trial is up will I still get the free 2 day shipping when the game is released?

They charge when your order ships. And preorders get the free shipping as long as you preorder while you're still under trial (I did that for NGBC and KOF XI)

What the hell, anyone else get this message?

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on February 05 2008 20:27 PST (Order# ###)).

"Heavenly Guardian" [Video Game]

You have unique (and excellent, of course) taste, and this item is difficult for us to get our hands on.

bread's done
Back