SOCOM: Confrontation *General Discussion Thread*

[quote name='KingBroly']Hey I already asked numerous times in various threads about people sharing their beta codes with me. Just saying. I don't expect any favors though (because my luck is terrible). Just trying to help grow the CAG community for PS3 games.[/quote]

Well both of my codes are spoken for through RL people, otherwise I would hook you up, sorry.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']When the beta goes live, you should be able to just download it from the downloads menu in Qore.[/quote]

You won't be able to get it until Sept. 8 though. Those of us that preordered at Gamestop will have access on Sept. 1.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']The emails haven't been sent out right?[/quote]

if you are referring to the email containing the code to download the beta off of PSN - no

Just got my flyer from GS. For inquiring minds, I will create the CAG clan by monday night, no later than 9pm EST. This clan is for the Beta only, much like how MGO worked

[quote name='cgarb84']I am thinking of going to Gamestop today to pre-order this. Will I still be able to grab a beta invite if I pre-order now?[/quote]

If your store still has them, then yes. It's just while supplies last and not based on a specific time period. But get your money's worth by gettiing it soon.

[quote name='paz9x']didnt see this so i thought id try you guys here. is this going to be playable via lan?[/QUOTE]

can anybody answer this?

i woke up this morning hoping to have an email with a code in it that I might be bale to input on PSN and download the beta of this little game thats coming out....no such luck

[quote name='Malik112099']the beta probably wont be able to be played over lan[/QUOTE]

yeah, thats fairly obvious.
im asking about the full release.
im deploying and will get a few copies if we can lan them.
i just cant find the answer anywhere.

Socom.com might have it. Check the Dev Q&A section, although it will take some time.

Can we download the beta early? Last I heard the testers were begging the devs to let them download it early, so they can be ready when the servers go up.

It sucks I have to wait until sept 8th, but at least I can get an idea of what to expect from it by reading about what you guys think about it..

[quote name='smiggity']Socom.com might have it. Check the Dev Q&A section, although it will take some time.

Can we download the beta early? Last I heard the testers were begging the devs to let them download it early, so they can be ready when the servers go up.[/QUOTE]

nio dice, ive read all of the dev q&a's and everything else that looked liek it might say on that site.
guess ill have to wait until its released.

[quote name='js1']It sucks I have to wait until sept 8th, but at least I can get an idea of what to expect from it by reading about what you guys think about it..[/quote]

Ill be sure to let you know.

[quote name='paz9x']nio dice, ive read all of the dev q&a's and everything else that looked liek it might say on that site.
guess ill have to wait until its released.[/quote]

I'm willing to bet you can LAN it:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=confrontation&thread.id=178721

Were setting up a list of Official games for the GXL 400. Socom Confrontation release date falls in line with the event. Remember this is a live lan event, NOT a Online Tournament.

I edited it into the first post but the Beta won't start until the 5th now. I HATE when they give dates and then don't keep them. I know it can't be helped and I'm not that bad off, but there are seriously people who see dates and plan around them. So I feel their frustrations, warranted or not.

Reading the beta delay post on the SOCOM site makes me sad that so many people are outraged by four days later for the start of a beta, that people take days off to play a beta that'll be around for an entire month. You'd think it was the end of the world or something from reading those posts.

I meant the code for downloading the beta not the clearance code.

Since the beta was supposed to start on Monday, I thought they would be emailing the beta code soon, but if it doesn't start until the fifth then I guess it is going to take a bit longer.

What's the big deal about this game? I see basically everyone on my PSN buddy list has OMG SOCOM BETA DELAY! or Can't wait for confrontation! Is this supposed to be COD4 good? I think the headset looks sick so I might just pick it up for that even though I already have a wired headset and the BT125 bundled in Warhawk.

[quote name='JMEPO']What's the big deal about this game? I see basically everyone on my PSN buddy list has OMG SOCOM BETA DELAY! or Can't wait for confrontation! Is this supposed to be COD4 good? I think the headset looks sick so I might just pick it up for that even though I already have a wired headset and the BT125 bundled in Warhawk.[/quote]
It's SOCOM, which has always had a fanatical following.

Ok sorry but i'm late to the party and now confused. I loved Socom way back when on the PS2. So the codes that some Gamestops might still have are what you enter to download the beta directly or you have to enter them somewhere and wait for something else to come via email? I noticed someone say they were confirmation codes?

Gonna call around sunday and see if I can find a GS with the codes available for preorders. Glad I have a asston of stores close. :D

[quote name='JMEPO']What's the big deal about this game? I see basically everyone on my PSN buddy list has OMG SOCOM BETA DELAY! or Can't wait for confrontation! Is this supposed to be COD4 good? I think the headset looks sick so I might just pick it up for that even though I already have a wired headset and the BT125 bundled in Warhawk.[/quote]

COD4 is whack shit. SOCOM 1 and 2 were the shizznit. Anyone else Remember Frostfire? Oh my, best map ever!

But really, comparing COD4 to SOCOM isn't a good idea, since they are totally different games. SOCOM is more like GRAW 2 except with more fluent controls, and less skills/camping required (making it more fun).

As for the beta getting delayed, boo! I wanted to be able to play this before summer ended. Now that it is September 5th, that means that servers will be down on the 5th and 6th and things won't be working right until the 7th, and then they will break again on the 12th.

Err, what do I care, I have that weak ass QORE download one, so I ahve to wait longer anyway. I hope that I can leech off someone who actually preordered, but I guess we will see.

2 different games...COD4 is mostly run and gun, respawn, repeat

SOCOM is going to have 18 and 32 player games, no respawning (i think only 1? game typehas respawning), more team based strategy and makes you covet your life instead of dying and respawning over and over

SOCOM is all about tactics, strategy, staying covert...etc... for example...do you just toss a grenade making noise and possibly giving away your position or do you roll it down the street so that when everyone notices it (if they notice it) it's too late?

Kandal, You and I both know that in that particular situation you would end up crying in a puddle of your own piss. Next week ;)

[quote name='JMEPO']Kandal, You and I both know that in that particular situation you would end up crying in a puddle of your own piss. Next week ;)[/quote]

You sure know how to predict YOUR OWN future :applause:

[quote name='torifile']Where do you see this? I'm skeptical it's anything other than a standard bluetooth headset with a PS slapped on it. It looks like an older Sony Ericsson model - that thick earpiece gives it away. (That makes sense, I guess.)[/quote]

Taken from Sony Press release:

"Additionally, the bundled cradle can be used to charge the battery which will allow maximum of eight hours of voice chat when fully charged. While the Headset is connected to PS3, it will support on-screen indicator showing the headset connection status, battery charge level, and other things like speaker volume level and microphone mute status at a push of a button".

So, any suggestions on what Special Forces unit the CAG clan should be? I was gonna go with SAS

Confirmation that bundled mic is in fact the shiznit

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='smiggity']So, any suggestions on what Special Forces unit the CAG clan should be? I was gonna go with SAS

Confirmation that bundled mic is in fact the shiznit[/QUOTE]

sounds good to me!

This game doesn't look very good but I am very interested in buying it and selling it immediately so I can get the headset.

[quote name='Malik112099']
#2 does the socom bundle include the headset dock/cradle?[/quote]

I hope it does unless I assume probably the case - you can charge via mini usb cable.. lol I could see it happening, no cradle just use the charging cable that came w/ ps3 haha

bread's done
Back