Sonic Boom Deals Thread! New and improved deals! Better than ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoknows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
86 (99%)
Super update!

3DS version has dropped to $29.99 at Best Buy and $29.47 at Amazon via a generous 3rd party seller!

That generous 3rd party seller also has the Wii U version for only $28.99!

If you have GCU Best Buy is still your Sonic Boom HQ though!!

Old info:

Stores around me are OOS so I have to wait for shipping. I wish better luck to the rest of you!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-nintendo-wii-u/7508017.p?id=1219276985205&skuId=7508017

Amazon matched: http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Boom-Rise-Lyric-Wii-nintendo/dp/B00KX7672U/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1419450692&sr=1-1&keywords=sonic+boom

Update: WARNING!! Not ringing up at $29.99 in store! I lost my GCU discount because they had to price match for me!

Second WARNING! There were only two copies left when I got there! These are going fast!

Third Update: Amazon Matched!!!

Fourth update: 3DS Version on sale at amazon for $34.43 by some third party seller!! Only 3 in stock!

3DS Version: http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Boom-Shattered-Crystal-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00KX766ZS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420844262&sr=8-2&keywords=Sonic+boom

Last edited by a moderator:
Negative. the only good Wii u sonic is in smash 4. Now ill play that coop anytime. I wish I could get that time I spent on sonic boom back.
I love myself cause I'm a true Sonic fan. Sorry the game was too difficult for you that you gotta hate on it and it's fans.
giphy.gif

Full of win and awesome.

I was just gonna shit post how this thread was pointless why even mention this game being "on sale." So glad I read this.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA-4B2d4L18

IDK, I was going to write a Metacritic review on this myself after half-playing, half-observing my kids playing this. My 4yo got it for his birthday on a Saturday, him and his 9yo brother beat it by that Thursday. There were only a few challenging parts where I had to jump in (my oldest doesn't quite grasp the concept of 'camera control' with the sticks) and only a few glitches where we would have to jump back to the title menu and start from the last checkpoint. I would say this is the best Sonic game by far in a long time. I missed out on all the Sonic Adventure stuff on DC, so my experience (except for 16-bit Sonic) are the PS3, Wii, Generations and Lost Worlds titles. Those were all a tad bit on the difficulty side where we never made it further than a few levels. The semi-open world gameplay hub world and linear missions were a blast to go through. Some of the on rails segments were nice and broke up the game play elements. The stand out feature of this game is how it brilliantly handled the co-op with one person on the Gamepad and the other on the TV. Plus the fact the characters didn't have to be close to each other (a la Skylanders) made it less frustrating. The graphics were pretty awesome too! I would recommend this game to anyone who has kids, and if they've been watching the cartoon on CN, then even better :)

Warning to you all! The game is not ringing up at $29.99 in store! They tried to charge me $60 for it but I got a price match!

No GCU because of this, but I wanted the game badly enough to give up the 20% off.

Warning to you all! The game is not ringing up at $29.99 in store! They tried to charge me $60 for it but I got a price match!

No GCU because of this, but I wanted the game badly enough to give up the 20% off.
Want to add there were only two copies left when I got there! These are going fast!
I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist here, but I think your BB tried to bait and switch you (and charge you $10 above MSRP) because they only had 2 copies left. They are probably trying to dupe parents who are desperately buying last minute Christmas gifts. We should contact the Better Business Bureau about Best Buy before a bunch of buyers become bamboozed and betrayed by Best Buy's bad business blueprint.

giphy.gif

Does the G in GOTY stand for Glitches?
No it stands for Greatest. Because it is,in fact, the Greatest of the Year. The only thing that would've made this better is if there was character creation so i could put my OC, Original the Hedgehog ©, in this game. Beyond that, 10/10 hands-down.

No it stands for Greatest. Because it is,in fact, the Greatest of the Year. The only thing that would've made this better is if there was character creation so i could put my OC, Original the Hedgehog ©, in this game. Beyond that, 10/10 hands-down.
I disagree. I think the Nathan Drake neckerchief makes this the best Sonic character design ever. It's not effeminate at all.

imsofabulous_by_xx_camtro_xx-d76vlp9.gif

I bought Sonic Boom at launch (a big Sonic fan) and yeah, a lot of the complaints are understandable.

- Poor graphics

- Poor frame rate

- Lots of glitches

The gameplay for the most part is fine. It was kind of nice to actually have an "Adventure" like type Sonic game after all these years.

That's quite a generalization. You can use it to get an idea of how others feel about a game and then make your own call on whether or not you want it.

That's quite a generalization. You can use it to get an idea of how others feel about a game and then make your own call on whether or not you want it.
No, it's the truth. That's why no one brought it up until this point. Now that you know the truth you won't be disqualified from future debates, but it looks like you'll have to sit this one out.

No, it's the truth. That's why no one brought it up until this point. Now that you know the truth you won't be disqualified from future debates, but it looks like you'll have to sit this one out.
It's not the truth. It's an asinine comment. Free thinkers are secure enough to not allow a site like metacritic to serve as more than an informational purpose to acquire data on a title of interest, and not let it completely dictate their interest in a game. Metacritic is only as influential as the individual allows it to be. If you allow it to make the choice for you, that's on the individual.

Reviews are a big part of not just the gaming community, but any commercial product. They make for interesting debate, discussion, and simply seeing someone else's thoughts on a game. There is never harm in supplying yourself with as much information as possible.

You seem to be really defensive over this game for some odd reason.

Even cheaper if you have GCU!

Stores around me are OOS so I have to wait for shipping. I wish better luck to the rest of you!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-nintendo-wii-u/7508017.p?id=1219276985205&skuId=7508017

Update: WARNING!! Not ringing up at $29.99 in store! I lost my GCU discount because they had to price match for me!

Second WARNING! There were only two copies left when I got there! These are going fast!
Whoever told you that you wouldn't get your GCU discount on a bestbuy.com pricematch lied to you. Unless it changed for the holidays, bestbuy.com is the one place they'll price match where you still get GCU discount.

hmm... there's a demo in the eshop. let me go dl it and find out for myself if it's any good. btw, i just started playing lost world from the bf sale. first 30 mins, not so great. the last sonic game i truly enjoyed was sonic generations on the pc (60fps is a must in sonic games), then before that, Sonic CD on the Sega CD.

Edit: just played the demo. This is not a Sonic game. It's more of a generic hack n slash + platforming with Sonic characters. :lol: And the framerate feels like 25fps most of the time. I'll pass until it's $5 which shouldn't be too long judging from how fast the game has dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back