Sonic Boom Deals Thread! New and improved deals! Better than ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoknows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
86 (99%)
Super update!

3DS version has dropped to $29.99 at Best Buy and $29.47 at Amazon via a generous 3rd party seller!

That generous 3rd party seller also has the Wii U version for only $28.99!

If you have GCU Best Buy is still your Sonic Boom HQ though!!

Old info:

Stores around me are OOS so I have to wait for shipping. I wish better luck to the rest of you!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-nintendo-wii-u/7508017.p?id=1219276985205&skuId=7508017

Amazon matched: http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Boom-Rise-Lyric-Wii-nintendo/dp/B00KX7672U/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1419450692&sr=1-1&keywords=sonic+boom

Update: WARNING!! Not ringing up at $29.99 in store! I lost my GCU discount because they had to price match for me!

Second WARNING! There were only two copies left when I got there! These are going fast!

Third Update: Amazon Matched!!!

Fourth update: 3DS Version on sale at amazon for $34.43 by some third party seller!! Only 3 in stock!

3DS Version: http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Boom-Shattered-Crystal-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00KX766ZS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420844262&sr=8-2&keywords=Sonic+boom

Last edited by a moderator:
He was just getting upset since he couldn't pre-order the sequel since it hasn't been officially announced yet.

2 Sonic 2 Boom.
It would be amazing if Ludacris did the voice acting for Sonic in the sequel.

9ee5fc082135e25de08d75c99dd569e84ef9ccfaa7b3eef670d27e8851d1004d.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDZud6xB-0Y

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you've ever felt the subconscious desire to pepper spray someone in public due to no wrongdoing or imposing threat on part of their own whatsoever, for the safety of us all, please avoid this game at all costs.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/12/man-maces-gamestop-employee-over-sonic-boom/

His arms are blue in the game.

Look at my avatar.

Now look at the box art.

Now look back at my avatar.

Do you see blue arms? DO YOU?!?!

DO YOU SEE BLUE ARMS?!?! BECAUSE I SURE DON'T!!!

won't buy.

Look at my avatar.

Now look at the box art.

won't buy.
That's a pretty strange change. I agree with you. It seems ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous than the shit stained rag around his neck and Knuckles' roids. Poor guy's two red chaos emeralds have probably shrunk to the size of raisins.

... But I kid, I kid. I honestly don't mind them updating the character design for a change if the game was half way decent.

This game is totally worth an exchange of currency. Also, be sure to attack the scorpion while its tail is up, and remember to pump all of your souls into resistance.

Look at my avatar.

Now look at the box art.

won't buy.
If that is the reason you won't buy this product, you have serious problems.

I assume he's being facetious. It's kind of a running gag to freak out about stuff like that, which started when someone seriously complained about Sonic's eye color in Sonic 4 (I think). :p

If that is the reason you spray a gamestop employee with pepper spray, you have very very very very serious problems.

I assume he's being facetious. It's kind of a running gag to freak out about stuff like that, which started when someone seriously complained about Sonic's eye color in Sonic 4 (I think). :p
I think your assumption is correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zBXTErUpbc

wtf chris chan is still a thing?
Yup. He's now a "tomgirl" and pierced his taint to act as an "un-clit" because he thinks the clitoris is on the perineum? Also got arrested for this pepper spray thing, I highly recommend you read his Facebook post after he was bailed out where he admits several vandalism attempts and yet still hasn't deleted it.

Best part is where he says he had no idea the spray would have that effect, and then immediately says he tested it himself days earlier (by spraying it on his wrist like a gosh dang perfume) and it laid him the fuck out.

Yup. He's now a "tomgirl" and pierced his taint to act as an "un-clit" because he thinks the clitoris is on the perineum? Also got arrested for this pepper spray thing, I highly recommend you read his Facebook post after he was bailed out where he admits several vandalism attempts and yet still hasn't deleted it.

Best part is where he says he had no idea the spray would have that effect, and then immediately says he tested it himself days earlier (by spraying it on his wrist like a gosh dang perfume) and it laid him the fuck out.
lol..I was wondering why he looked like an ugly woman. Just.. wow. Wasn't one of his things back in the day that he was very homophobic and bashed gays a lot? Yeesh. I gotta give his wiki a look again

I like to believe he's living a very elaborate form of performance art. I don't want to believe a person's existence can be so depressingly tragic. 

I like to believe he's living a very elaborate form of performance art. I don't want to believe a person's existence can be so depressingly tragic.
I refuse to look into this guy's wiki or anything, but when I mentioned this in the ol' IRC a few nutcases were eager to "enlighten" me. This guy obviously thrives on the attention, he's like,,,,, I don't even know, Paris Hilton without the money? Anyways he obvioulsy loves it on at least some level, I guess because it gives his life some meaning? I don't know, I am not gonna touch his homepage, but I think you are right and there's no way he is oblivious to what he's doing..... though it's funny you use the term "art" when everything people sent me that he did was drawn in shitty crayon rofl.

I don't get the fascination, let him be as gay as he wants and let him continue with his crappy fanart. Why do people care so much? The only part that really bothers me is how he is squandering our taxpayer money. That does piss me off badly. I mean FFS when I was a child I came dangerously close to starvation, my parents couldn't even afford a fucking television until after I moved out, and don't the statistics say this problem has only increased with like 10% of kids only getting regular meals from school or something? Yet this little shit is getting a massive check every two weeks he obviously doesn't need for doing absolutely nothing and just pisses it away on video games/toys/ect? god I hate the US government more and more these days.

As for the pepperspray.... I mean I guess it sucks, but I've seen women pepperspray guys in the parking lot/mall (more than once) solely because "he walked within 10 feet of me so he must be a rapist!!!". If she can get off with absolutely no consequences it's hard to imagine somebody with an actual mental disorder getting charged.....

Last edited:
As for the pepperspray.... I mean I guess it sucks, but I've seen women pepperspray some guy in the parking lot (more than once) solely because "he walked within 10 feet of me so he must be a rapist!!!". If she can get off with absolutely no consequences it's hard to imagine somebody with an actual mental disorder getting charged.....
I had never heard of this person before and made the mistake of wasting an hour of my life reading about him last night... as for pepper spray thats pretty fucked up... I got pepper sprayed by a friend who had no idea how powerful it was when we were younger and it was easily one of the worst experiences of my life. He should definitely get charged for that, and depending on which state you may need a FID card to carry the pepper spray which I doubt he has (but I think this is virginia, which I would imagine has lax firearm regulations).

All in all i blame his parents more than anyone

lol..I was wondering why he looked like an ugly woman. Just.. wow. Wasn't one of his things back in the day that he was very homophobic and bashed gays a lot? Yeesh. I gotta give his wiki a look again
Yup. But when he started revealing that he drinks his own cum to "recycle" his sperm,it was clear something was amiss. Maybe he knew there was something up with himself and was in severe denial.

Either way, I don't think CWC is faking this (there's a lot of evidence that he was CWC as we knew him long before SASS and 4chan found him), but I do wonder if he's legitimately autistic or not. I think his issues are more thanks to horrible parenting than anything else, and this whole thing is just the natural conclusion. Getting arrested for pepper spraying a GameStop employee because Sega changed the color of Sonic's arms. Of course it ends this way. Of course it does.

I'm sure there are many people who aren't posting who have gotten in on this deal. My Best Buy is completely sold out!
They probably had to throw all the copies away because of those damn vandals! :rofl:

I can't believe this actually sold out though. I thought for sure we'd be seeing it at $10 or so before Summer set in..... but if it really is selling somehow I guess that won't happen.

Last edited:
Yup. But when he started revealing that he drinks his own cum to "recycle" his sperm,it was clear something was amiss. Maybe he knew there was something up with himself and was in severe denial.

Either way, I don't think CWC is faking this (there's a lot of evidence that he was CWC as we knew him long before SASS and 4chan found him), but I do wonder if he's legitimately autistic or not. I think his issues are more thanks to horrible parenting than anything else, and this whole thing is just the natural conclusion. Getting arrested for pepper spraying a GameStop employee because Sega changed the color of Sonic's arms. Of course it ends this way. Of course it does.
to be fair though... who hasn't wanted to mace a Gamestop employee?

btw how bad is this game seriously? Is it worth buying at like <$15 or is it just total shit?

btw how bad is this game seriously? Is it worth buying at like <$15 or is it just total shit?
Honestly I've had pretty good luck with GameStop employees, but I've definitely heard plenty of horror stories.
And on the topic, Sonic Boom is not worth buying at any price. I honestly wouldn't even take it for free.

Well the ones at a Gamestop where I used to live were all good looking people. One of them was so hot that if she wanted me to preorder Sonic Boom I'd do it in a heartbeat. Worth it!

I haven't played it but based on the videos I've seen, it's total shit. The only reason I was even remotely interested is as a cheap gift for a Sonic obsessed guy I know..... even he hasn't bought this turd yet

rofl that's a damn fine point. I get so sick of their shit. They always are trying to steal pre-order bonuses (unless it's a DLC code) and the few times I decide to get a CE and am forced to go there the boxes always somehow end up looking worse than the shit Amazon leaves me.

And it drives me mad how opinionated they let their employees become; I don't need some 35 year old child playing cashier criticizing my taste in music when I get Aerosmith GH (especially when said child goes on to talk about how awesome Taylor Swift is..... WTF!), and every last one of them is obsessed with Nintendo to the point where it's less fanboyism and more of a religious fervor. god forbid you are one of the unfortunate souls ignorant enough to buy a non-Nintendo system from those asshats...... I hope Nintendo pays them a good commission for all the free advertising they get.

And for the love of god can't Gamestop institute some sort of hygene policy? Half the time I walk into the nearest store it seems like there's some funky smell, I don't know if it's the employee or something else but it does impact people's browsing. And it seems like every one I have been too employees at least one guy with an out of control homeless man beard...... I know GS pays shit but is a razor really out of the question?

......the petty vandalism was stupid, but yeah it is hard to blame the guy for macing one of them lol.

Well the ones at a Gamestop where I used to live were all good looking people. One of them was so hot that if she wanted me to preorder Sonic Boom I'd do it in a heartbeat. Worth it!
The one nearest me employees this one girl.... she looks like a hobbit that ate all the other hobbits. I've never seen somebody so short get so fat, but for all I know maybe it's a medical condition? I'd feel bad for her if she wasn't one of the ones always trying to steal my pre-order bonuses and annoying the hell out of me with Nintendo worship.

Last edited:
Honestly I've had pretty good luck with GameStop employees, but I've definitely heard plenty of horror stories.
And on the topic, Sonic Boom is not worth buying at any price. I honestly wouldn't even take it for free.
Agreed. Sonic Boom is worth buying at any price!

Thats 29 dollars too much.

Seriously though, its a mediocre game that will be had for 15 bucks before its all said and done.

Oh and you really should google the word "sarcasm"......
don't fall into her schtick. as you see it's not a very good one.

Thats 29 dollars too much.

Seriously though, its a mediocre game that will be had for 15 bucks before its all said and done.

Oh and you really should google the word "sarcasm"......
It'll end up being a collectors item. The game itself is one of the greatest video game memes of our time.

This shit is going to be a collector's item?  I highly doubt it... feel free to load up on copies.  I know I will enjoy more with my zelda limited edition.

It's the most amazing game of any generation.

It's pretty damn bad. I can't think of anything redeeming about it unless you for some reason like the game's style of humor, which I find corny as hell (and not in a good, intentional way).

Aside from the fact it's glitchy as hell, it has no idea what kind of game it wants to be. It's a racing game! Now it's a brawler! Now it's a puzzle platformer! Now it's open-world SimCity! -- Unlike the Adventure games' varied playstyles, it does none of these well. It's just... boring.

The game's difficulty and pacing is poorly planned. They give you so many rings, and you can only hold 100 of them unless you also buy the 3DS game. That's about the most BS thing a company not named Capcom has done in a while.

There's no real consequence for failing. In parts where you have to step on tiles in a certain order to open up the next section, it doesn't matter if you step off the path or anything; it just stays lit up until you get the next one. There's this one part in particular where Tails gets trapped in an area where the wall is closing in on him, and you (as Sonic) have to save him. If you let the wall hit Tails... it just explodes on him and does absolutely nothing, and another wall spawns. So tense.

You know how the characters have become Flanderized two-dimensional cutouts of themselves post-Sonic Adventure 2? They crank it up to 11 in this game. Tails randomly peppers his speech with "big words" just to tell you he's the smart one. Amy is... the girl. And Knuckles... Poor, poor Knuckles. He's the big, dumb idiot who just likes to punch things. They make him so stupid in this game, he literally has to stop and look at his hands to remember which way is left.

The plot doesn't matter, but you're forced to sit through it all the time. Characters just randomly know things with no regard to consistency. Metal Sonic looks exactly the same as always, despite everyone else having a totally different design. Shadow is there with his SA2 "I hate everyone" personality (exaggerated, of course) with no reason whatsoever for being part of the game, and disappears just as suddenly as he appears.

The main characters NEVER SHUT UP. They're constantly saying inane things to make sure any idiots playing the game know what everything is, no matter how obvious. Every time you use a bounce pad, be prepared to hear "Bounce pad!" -- "It's a bounce pad!" -- "Here's a bounce pad!" -- "Bouncy, bouncy!" -- "These bounce pads make me go higher than I can jump!" My favorite was one part where Sonic says "Hey look! Ramps!", prompting Tails to go "We can use them as ramps!"

tl;dr: It's a game for little kids, but they deserve better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back