Sonic Boom Deals Thread! New and improved deals! Better than ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoknows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
86 (99%)
Super update!

3DS version has dropped to $29.99 at Best Buy and $29.47 at Amazon via a generous 3rd party seller!

That generous 3rd party seller also has the Wii U version for only $28.99!

If you have GCU Best Buy is still your Sonic Boom HQ though!!

Old info:

Stores around me are OOS so I have to wait for shipping. I wish better luck to the rest of you!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-nintendo-wii-u/7508017.p?id=1219276985205&skuId=7508017

Amazon matched: http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Boom-Rise-Lyric-Wii-nintendo/dp/B00KX7672U/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1419450692&sr=1-1&keywords=sonic+boom

Update: WARNING!! Not ringing up at $29.99 in store! I lost my GCU discount because they had to price match for me!

Second WARNING! There were only two copies left when I got there! These are going fast!

Third Update: Amazon Matched!!!

Fourth update: 3DS Version on sale at amazon for $34.43 by some third party seller!! Only 3 in stock!

3DS Version: http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Boom-Shattered-Crystal-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00KX766ZS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420844262&sr=8-2&keywords=Sonic+boom

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys clearly don't want to realize how good this game is.

The level design is great, the story is very touching and the controls are decent. Music is stellar. The only bad thing on this game is Knuckles character model. Other than that, I can't seem to find anything bad on this game. The developers did a great job polishing and optimizing this game for the Wii U. A must buy for any Wii U owner.

Snagged it for my kids for $23.99, thanks OP
photo-thumb-419850.jpg

You must hate your children. :razz:

I was reading the reviews of this game, and Im a BIG Sonic fan..they have been mixed, and I have a 5 dollar credit to use at amazon, but then I watched the youtube video..and even though I liked Sonic Boom this game, I dont know if its worth 10 bucks..so conflicted

Both are excellent games. If the games starred Mario you would probably be raving about it right now.

They take everything good about Mario Galaxy and 3D World and improve on them.
This is one of those situations where it's okay to say: "This game is objectively flawed and bad, but I enjoy it in spite of it not being 'good'."

:3

Also, the blind apologists and sarcastic trolls in this topic are surprisingly difficult to tell apart lol.

Damnit I wanted to pay full price for this do you think I can get Best Buy to price match a store that still sells it for $59.99?
I can sell you my copy for $69.99 if you'd like.

photo-thumb-419850.jpg

You must hate your children. :razz:
Maybe he was going to throw his kids off a cliff but decided to get Sonic Boom instead. The former would have been more merciful but dude shows no mercy.

My last post on this topic: It looks like Sega will never learn to stick to a game formula that works...

And now it's that time again:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:9293]

Thanks for the laughs.

1. How does this game have a 4.3/5 rating? I mean, is Rozz posting the reviews?

2. If you're putting warnings in the OP, could you put one so people know that this is possibly the worst Sonic game ever made?

3. This game really has a 4.3 rating on Best Buy.

Probably as bad as the cartoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOmCLtTHmw4

I honestly thought the warning in the title was going to be about how bad/glitchy this game is. More power to you if you enjoy it, though. Me, maybe I'll buy it the next time I date a gamer and I'm too much of a coward to break up with them the old fashioned way.

Sad that "professional reviewers" make decisions for gamers nowadays.

This game was developed by people that used to work for naughty dog. Yet, people still doubt the quality of this game. But if IGN and Gamespot says its bad, its bad. Right?

Just buy Bayonetta 2 instead, and if you already have that, flush your money down a toilet. That'll provide more entertainment than Sonic Boom.

Clicked on the thread, looked around, much like Knuckles I'm outta' here. I'm hitting the (now defunct) Big Red Button on this one.

B7Z88yY.gif

See wut I did thar?

Sad that "professional reviewers" make decisions for gamers nowadays. This game was developed by people that used to work for naughty dog. Yet, people still doubt the quality of this game. But if IGN and Gamespot says its bad, its bad. Right?
Or, you know, if I can see with my own eyes it's bad, it's bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDCzoqhjP7M

There are games that don't deserve the hate they receive. This isn't one of them.

If you think the glitch is the only thing wrong in that video, there's no sense trying to argue with you over the game's quality.

Sad that "professional reviewers" make decisions for gamers nowadays. This game was developed by people that used to work for naughty dog. Yet, people still doubt the quality of this game. But if IGN and Gamespot says its bad, its bad. Right?
You know, there's several reasons why they USED to work for Naughty Dog. Most of them are in this game.....

They wanted to move onto something bigger and better than the stale shooters Naughty Dog has been putting out?
In all seriousness, I'll be the first to admit that Naughty Dog might just be the most overrated developer there is. Uncharted is ok, but it's not the epic 10/10 GOTY everyone tells me it is. But I don't think I'd classify their stuff solely as shooters, they also fall into the cinematic story and semi-broken "platforming" as well.

Now take the employees who couldn't even do that and you've got BRB lol

Someone doesn't like Sonic Boom! One guy at Gamestop tried to ruin the Sonic Boom store display and tried to pepperspray the employee when they questioned him about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EflHHVROiSs

Last edited:
Someone doesn't like Sonic Boom! One guy at Gamestop tried to ruin the Sonic Boom store display and tried to pepperspray the employee when they questioned him about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EflHHVROiSs
I don't know how you gathered all that from a video, all I see is some woman (who doesn't look like an employee at all) walking up to a guy who backs away. It's weird but I see no pepperspray or display.

And seriously what grown man is gonna vandalize a Sonic display in a store? That's pathetic on so many levels....

I don't know how you gathered all that from a video, all I see is some woman (who doesn't look like an employee at all) walking up to a guy who backs away. It's weird but I see no pepperspray or display.

And seriously what grown man is gonna vandalize a Sonic display in a store? That's pathetic on so many levels....
Read the video description boss:

"From the eyewitness who recorded this video: "So I ran into someone today while I was waiting for my sister…he was trying to ruin the Sonic Boom games display and had mace and sprayed some random dude when they said he was banned and started calling security…"

And that's a man, not a woman. And you didn't see the spray at the end where the employee backs away?

Last edited:

Don't you see the title on youtube video?

Google Chris Chan, and your gonna regret that you googled it up.

He was just getting upset since he couldn't pre-order the sequel since it hasn't been officially announced yet.

2 Sonic 2 Boom.

Read the video description boss:

"From the eyewitness who recorded this video: "So I ran into someone today while I was waiting for my sister…he was trying to ruin the Sonic Boom games display and had mace and sprayed some random dude when they said he was banned and started calling security…"

And that's a man, not a woman. And you didn't see the spray at the end where the employee backs away?
I gotcha, I didn't read the description I just viewed it here lol. Thanks for clarifying.

The one with glasses is a man? Seriously? Isn't it wearing a hairband? I mean I try not to judge but between playing dress up and the sheer childishness in vandalizing a Gamestop display, I think somebody's got some issues lol.

Nah, I didn't see the spray, I'll have to watch it again later when I am on my PC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back