Sonic Boom Deals Thread! New and improved deals! Better than ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoknows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
86 (99%)
Super update!

3DS version has dropped to $29.99 at Best Buy and $29.47 at Amazon via a generous 3rd party seller!

That generous 3rd party seller also has the Wii U version for only $28.99!

If you have GCU Best Buy is still your Sonic Boom HQ though!!

Old info:

Stores around me are OOS so I have to wait for shipping. I wish better luck to the rest of you!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-nintendo-wii-u/7508017.p?id=1219276985205&skuId=7508017

Amazon matched: http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Boom-Rise-Lyric-Wii-nintendo/dp/B00KX7672U/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1419450692&sr=1-1&keywords=sonic+boom

Update: WARNING!! Not ringing up at $29.99 in store! I lost my GCU discount because they had to price match for me!

Second WARNING! There were only two copies left when I got there! These are going fast!

Third Update: Amazon Matched!!!

Fourth update: 3DS Version on sale at amazon for $34.43 by some third party seller!! Only 3 in stock!

3DS Version: http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Boom-Shattered-Crystal-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00KX766ZS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420844262&sr=8-2&keywords=Sonic+boom

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the most amazing game of any generation.

It's pretty damn bad. I can't think of anything redeeming about it unless you for some reason like the game's style of humor, which I find corny as hell (and not in a good, intentional way).

Aside from the fact it's glitchy as hell, it has no idea what kind of game it wants to be. It's a racing game! Now it's a brawler! Now it's a puzzle platformer! Now it's open-world SimCity! -- Unlike the Adventure games' varied playstyles, it does none of these well. It's just... boring.

The game's difficulty and pacing is poorly planned. They give you so many rings, and you can only hold 100 of them unless you also buy the 3DS game. That's about the most BS thing a company not named Capcom has done in a while.

There's no real consequence for failing. In parts where you have to step on tiles in a certain order to open up the next section, it doesn't matter if you step off the path or anything; it just stays lit up until you get the next one. There's this one part in particular where Tails gets trapped in an area where the wall is closing in on him, and you (as Sonic) have to save him. If you let the wall hit Tails... it just explodes on him and does absolutely nothing, and another wall spawns. So tense.

You know how the characters have become Flanderized two-dimensional cutouts of themselves post-Sonic Adventure 2? They crank it up to 11 in this game. Tails randomly peppers his speech with "big words" just to tell you he's the smart one. Amy is... the girl. And Knuckles... Poor, poor Knuckles. He's the big, dumb idiot who just likes to punch things. They make him so stupid in this game, he literally has to stop and look at his hands to remember which way is left.

The plot doesn't matter, but you're forced to sit through it all the time. Characters just randomly know things with no regard to consistency. Metal Sonic looks exactly the same as always, despite everyone else having a totally different design. Shadow is there with his SA2 "I hate everyone" personality (exaggerated, of course) with no reason whatsoever for being part of the game, and disappears just as suddenly as he appears.

The main characters NEVER SHUT UP. They're constantly saying inane things to make sure any idiots playing the game know what everything is, no matter how obvious. Every time you use a bounce pad, be prepared to hear "Bounce pad!" -- "It's a bounce pad!" -- "Here's a bounce pad!" -- "Bouncy, bouncy!" -- "These bounce pads make me go higher than I can jump!" My favorite was one part where Sonic says "Hey look! Ramps!", prompting Tails to go "We can use them as ramps!"

tl;dr: It's a game for little kids, but they deserve better.
you just sold me on this game, thanks

It's the most amazing game of any generation.

It's pretty damn bad. I can't think of anything redeeming about it unless you for some reason like the game's style of humor, which I find corny as hell (and not in a good, intentional way).

*snip*

The game's difficulty and pacing is poorly planned. They give you so many rings, and you can only hold 100 of them unless you also buy the 3DS game. That's about the most BS thing a company not named Capcom has done in a while.
Wow... all the other issues aside, is that part for real? Cuz if so thats beyond horrible and would mean im not buying this even at < 10 bucks

Came back to this thread to post about its revised title. Good stuff, in for 5, bout to jack these up to $150 and hit teh eBayz with my haul.

Thanks OP, I bought one for me and all my friends. We are going to have a Sonic Boom party next week. Everybody who brings a copy of Sonic Boom is allowed inside. 

just sent my sealed copy off to get professionally graded, with all you suckers unable to resist the excellent gameplay, my copy will be worth millions

this guy know how good this game is, see how excited he was in his review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffqe2qIfcOQ

I said I wouldn't post on this topic again but I couldn't resist saying...W...T....F???? Only Prescott has it now available for store pickup! I can't believe it; you really did make the thing fly off the shelves!

Don't tell me it's better than the press websites said about it!!!??? Guess I'm in for whatever I can get. 

All you suckers looking for copies of Sonic Boom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f-YZnOMF0U

Wow... all the other issues aside, is that part for real? Cuz if so thats beyond horrible and would mean im not buying this even at < 10 bucks
It's like the companion app. That 3DS game is pretty good too. This of it as doubling your fun for just a few dollars. I recommend playing this way.

Do you have a copy that you could sell me? All the stores around me are completely sold out.
I will sell mine for $75. That's a good deal considering how much people are paying for Pikmin 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles.

I went to gamestop today and was looking to buy 3 more copies of sonic boom for my 2 cousins and grandma. The clerk told me there were no copies left and that it might become the next Stadium Events, so hold on to your copies people. You never know, you might strike rich in a few decades.

If that is the reason you spray a gamestop employee with pepper spray, you have very very very very serious problems.

I think your assumption is correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zBXTErUpbc
Good ol' Chris Chan!

Well the ones at a Gamestop where I used to live were all good looking people. One of them was so hot that if she wanted me to preorder Sonic Boom I'd do it in a heartbeat. Worth it!

I'm gonna need some pics for proof, please.

It's not Candace, Tiffany, or Christy is it? Those are the girls at my local stores.

That sale is not over yet??? Wow!
They have to be hot! They all have hot girl names!

No, seriously, what's the deal with this game? Is this some niche hardcore fan thing or is this a rare game that had low production numbers or is already discontinued? My son actually wants the game.

No, seriously, what's the deal with this game? Is this some niche hardcore fan thing or is this a rare game that had low production numbers or is already discontinued? My son actually wants the game.
It's like a really bad joke. It's so bad, that some people can't help but want to own a piece of history or try it for themselves.

Ha, that's what I figured. I could sense good old CAG sarcasm. ;)

Poor Sonic, the last good game was Generations. My son liked the demo of this game tho.

The thread title should probably be updated. Amazon dropped the price of both the Wii-U version and the 3DS version to $29.95.

There's currently also a third party seller selling both a little cheaper with prime shipping available.

Thanks for keeping up on the info OP

Guys take note of the TRUE PILLAR OF THE GAMING COMMUNITY

Wait I will say it TRUE PILLAR OF ANY COMMUNITY

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back