knightbeauchamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - XBOX 360
Fry's 24.99
LIMIT 1 per household
http://shop2.frys.com/product/5821023?site=sa:Homepage:Spot2

Amazon has for 27.99 for you prime holders this is best.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G3AZS2/ref=pd_luc_sim_02_03

This is MUST HAVE in my book.
This is pretty awesome for you old school game lovers ..

details:
Take a trip back in time with over 40 titles from the SEGA Genesis era, including your Sonic The Hedgehog favorites. In classic single-player and multiplayer battles, you'll take down a huge variety of enemies, including Sonic's nemesis Dr. Eggman (AKA Dr. Robotnik), shuriken-flinging ninjas, hordes of altered beasts and the world's greatest fighting champions.

Game List Thanks to :
Slappybob

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle 1
Alien Storm
Alien Syndrome (arcade) 4 [2]
Altered Beast 1 7 [3]
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros. 1 5
Columns 1
Comix Zone 1
Congo Bongo (arcade) 4 [4]
Decap Attack 1
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine 2
Dynamite Headdy
E-SWAT: City Under Siege
Ecco the Dolphin 1
Ecco: The Tides of Time 1
Fantasy Zone (arcade) 4 [5]
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky 2 1
Gain Ground 1
Golden Axe 1
Golden Axe II 1
Golden Axe III 1
Golden Axe Warrior (Sega Master System) 4 [6]
Kid Chameleon 1
Phantasy Star (Sega Master System) 3 4[5]
Phantasy Star II 1 3
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom 1 3
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium 1
Ristar 1 2
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force II: Ancient Sealing
Shinobi (arcade) 4 [7]
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master 1
Sonic 3D Blast 2
Sonic & Knuckles 2
Sonic Spinball 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 1 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 1 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 2
Space Harrier (arcade) 4 [8]
Streets of Rage 5
Streets of Rage 2 5
Streets of Rage 3 5
Super Thunder Blade 1
Vectorman 1 6
Vectorman 2 1 6
Zaxxon (arcade) 4

Amazons list:
Games Included:

• Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  • Alien Storm
  • Altered Beast
  • Beyond Oasis
  • Bonanza Bros.
  • Columns
  • Comix Zone
  • Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
  • Dr. Robotnik's MBM
  • Dynamite Headdy
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Ecco II: The Tides of Time
  • E-SWAT
  • Fatal Labyrinth
  • Flicky
  • Gain Ground
  • Golden Axe I
  • Golden Axe II
  • Golden Axe III
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Phantasy Star II
  • Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
  • Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
  • Ristar
  • Shining in the Darkness
  • Shining Force
  • Shining Force 2
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Sonic 3D Blast
  • Sonic and Knuckles
  • Sonic Spinball
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  • Streets of Rage
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Streets of Rage 3
  • Super Thunder Blade
  • Vectorman
  • Vectorman 2
The Achievement List thanks to: Prayformojo
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/code/954264.html
Here are the achievements, can't tell how hard some of these will be to earn:

1. Get Rich Alex Kidd: Collect 1,000 in currency 25 points
2. Don't Die Alien Storm: Reach Mission 3 without losing a life 25 points
3. Enter the Beast Altered Beast: Collect 100,000 pts or higher by the end of the first level 10 points
4. Holy Water The Story of Thor: Unlock the Water Spirit 20 points
5. Stealing Points Bonanza Brothers: Reach 40,000 points on the first level 20 points
6. Easy as Pie Columns: Get 20,000 points only on Easy Mode 15 points
7. Hardly a Hero Comix Zone: Complete first episode 20 points
8. Get Ahead Decap Attack: Collect 5 Bonus Coins 30 points
9. Communication is Key Ecco: Talk to another dolphin 10 points
10. Taste Like Tuna Ecco: The Tides of Time: Eat 200 fish 20 points
11. Suit up E-SWAT: Obtain the Combat Suit (Complete Mission 2) 30 points
12. Don't Get Lost Fatal Labyrinth: Progress to the fifth level of the labyrinth 30 points
13. Getting Chicks Flicky: Collect 80,000 points 25 points
14. Garden Gnomes Golden Axe: Collect 20 magic power-ups 20 points
15. Tower Up Golden Axe II: Complete Tower Level 35 points
16. Saved by Magic Golden Axe III: Use magic 10 times 20 points
17. TGIF Kid Chameleon: Collect Maniaxe 35 points
18. Twinkle Twinkle Ristar: Collect 5 Yellow Stars 30 points
19. Yatta! Dr. Robotnik's M.B.M.: Complete the game 50 points
20. True Ninja Skills Shinobi III: Complete first level without using continues 30 points
21. Complete Chaos Sonic The Hedgehog: Obtain a Chaos Emerald 30 points
22. A Different Tail Sonic The Hedgehog 3: Collect 100 rings with Tails anywhere on Angel Island Zone 35 points
23. Flicky to the Rescue Sonic 3D Flickies' Island: Rescue 20 Flickies. 15 points
24. Lots of Zeros Sonic Spinball: Get 10,000,000 points in the first level 30 points
25. Get to the Chopper Super Thunder Blade: Score over 1,500,000 points in the first level 15 points
26. Three Times a Charm Streets of Rage: Complete 1st Level using all 3 characters 20 points
27. Good Day Mate Streets of Rage 3: Unlock Roo the Kangaroo as a playable character 15 points
28. Super Charged VectorMan: Collect 500 photons 45 points
29. Can You Dig It? VectorMan 2: Reach Scene 11 45 points
30. Blast Processing Play all MEGA DRIVE™ Titles 50 points
31. Master the System Unlock Everything 50 points
32. No Life Watch Every Video 50 points
33. Critique View all Artwork 50 points
34. Only in the '80s Play all Arcade Titles 50 points

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='benjamouth']I people are getting way too hung up on this S3&K thing. It wasn't that great, I always preferred Sonic 2 TBH.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and it is available still if you track it down. I like Sonic 1, 2, and CD best (the SegaCD version at least). Sonic Advance ONE was good too, though the later ones and DS ones are way too hard IMO.

[quote name='uricmu']Star Control 2 has been released under some sort of open-source license, so I think it can't be sold for profit. I sometimes play the free port (ur quan masters) on my mac and it's fun.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, Star Control 2 and Starflight are AWESOME. Geez, I LOVE those games. I'd like a 2D game in that genre, though I'm thankful for Mass Effect, Freelancer (is that what it's called?) and the like too!

Dang, if EA didn't suck since the mid 90's, I bet they'd have done a new Starflight game, and a new Privateer (had they not destroyed Origin like they do all the developers they buy).

[quote name='PhrostByte']How do you not see that not having lock-on is a huge deal? It's called SONIC COLLECTION. It should have the best Sonic game, shouldn't it? And the whole reason for buying this thing instead of the older ones (or the roms) is that it has 720p upscaling. This thing is a failure in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

Actually no, it's called 'Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection'. Like I said, it's already available if you want it elsewhere, and the rest of these games are a lot more rare.

This is actually probably a really good thing, because it might mean we'll finally get an Ultimate Collection 2 (or Genesis Collection 2, or whatever), with Sonic 3 and Knuckles-plus a bunch of other more rare games :)

This is just kind of an upgraded rerelease of the PSP/PS2 Genesis collection, with more games added, and Sonic's name used for marketing purposes.

So you're telling me that you think it's ok that the best Sonic game isn't included in something called:

SONIC'S ULTIMATE GENESIS COLLECTION

Come on... it was a complete oversight on Sega's behalf. And what do you think they'll put on a second compilation disc? They already included most of the Sega produced games.

Here's an example of the use of achievements benefiting me. I tend to get these types of collections and then barely play them, but the specific goals to open up other games and get achievements will mean that I'll get my $30 worth.

[quote name='PhrostByte']How do you not see that not having lock-on is a huge deal? It's called SONIC COLLECTION. It should have the best Sonic game, shouldn't it? And the whole reason for buying this thing instead of the older ones (or the roms) is that it has 720p upscaling. This thing is a failure in my eyes.[/quote]

[quote name='PhrostByte']So you're telling me that you think it's ok that the best Sonic game isn't included in something called:

Come on... it was a complete oversight on Sega's behalf. And what do you think they'll put on a second compilation disc? They already included most of the Sega produced games.
[/quote]
Sonic Jam
Sonic 3 & Knuckles PC
Sonic Mega Collection
Sonic Mega Collection Plus

The locked on game is available in several formats. Stop acting like you've been done the world's biggest injustice. This is a Genesis Collection. Is it complete? No. Far from it. If you wanted a Sonic compilation, get Sonic Mega Collection.

I find it funny how you people complain about this when Phantasy Star owners got jibbed out of a complete collection THREE TIMES in the US. Shining Force fans have had to deal with a lack of any ports for the second title and Streets of Rage fans got screwed by the ESRB, which resulted in SoR 1 - 3 being pulled from Sonic Gems Collection since they didn't fit the E rating.

[quote name='manthing']Yeah, the lack of Sonic CD stinks.[/quote]
Sonic CD, the actual SEGA CD version came with emulation difficulties. Gems Collection used the PC port.

And even then, only arcade and Genesis games are being brought aboard, with Phantasy Star being a slight exception as it was given a Master System and Mega Drive release only in Japan (with no changes; just playable on the MD).

[quote name='Odd']This is really sick, and I had no idea about this either. Sure I could play all these games on an emu on my computer, but being able to play them on a TV with legit controllers and not have to go through any hassle is easily worth $50+. The only thing I'm not sure about is if this is going to be a bargain bin game in a couple months, or impossible to find and worth $80+.[/quote]

Fook it, I'm not taking a chance on this one. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow at one of the LA Fry's. Or maybe pricematch the ad at say Best Buy if they have it too.

EDIT: never mind, looked up the info...

The bitching and moaning over a $25 collection of vintage games is getting ridiculous in here.

Suffice it to say this is a great deal for what you get and I plan on taking the ad from my Sunday paper into BB tomorrow and PM'ing this.

[quote name='karkyco']And what's the big deal about Sonic 3/Sonic and Knuckles? So you could play as Knuckles in Sonic 3? Is there anything significant that you could do differently in the game because of it?[/quote]
Actually, the two were supposed to be one, big game. Development was pushing the deadline, so Sonic Team had it split into two games. Connecting the two made it into the one game it was meant to be.

heads up, achievement whores.

i played bits and pieces of games that struck up nostalgia for about an hour last night and have about 300/1000 without even trying.

this is a great collection of titles for a measly $25. there's even cool video interviews with those responsible for the games included. you have NOTHING to complain about.

[quote name='Tsukento']
And even then, only arcade and Genesis games are being brought aboard, with Phantasy Star being a slight exception as it was given a Master System and Mega Drive release only in Japan (with no changes; just playable on the MD).[/quote]

Golden Axe Warrior says hello.

Ugh...yeah, I HATED how Streets of Rage was pulled from that. It's like I wanted that more than the actual Sonic games it included. this is the first time they've sold the Streets of Rage games I think since the original releases.

And Vectorman? Ugh. Those were TERRIBLE games. I never understood why they got good scores. Just dreadful shooters. I saw one modern review saying "it hasn't aged well" and it's like no, it wasn't any good in '95 either dude.

[quote name='Wolfpup']And Vectorman? Ugh. Those were TERRIBLE games. I never understood why they got good scores. Just dreadful shooters. I saw one modern review saying "it hasn't aged well" and it's like no, it wasn't any good in '95 either dude.[/quote]

The first Vectorman was an awesome action game. Never played the 2nd one though.

Guys--don't forget that the lock-on technology could easily be added on as a simple code patch. It wasn't that difficult.

If enough people complain, don't be surprised at all to see a DLC available.

[quote name='Wolfpup']And Vectorman? Ugh. Those were TERRIBLE games. I never understood why they got good scores. Just dreadful shooters. I saw one modern review saying "it hasn't aged well" and it's like no, it wasn't any good in '95 either dude.[/QUOTE] Hey, I really like Vectorman. :/ Plus, it's got a 91% average on GameRankings. I'm not a fan of Madden games either, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they're "terrible."

[quote name='daminion']I remember playing Kid Chameleon in college... what a frustrating game that was.[/quote]

Yeah I own it and Double Dragon 3.Either I really am masacisitic or my parents hated me haha.1993 release so I was 8....seems harder now though.

[quote name='PhrostByte']So you're telling me that you think it's ok that the best Sonic game isn't included in something called:

[/QUOTE]

No it wasn't. It's not a "Sonic Collection", there already ARE two recent Sonic Collections, and this isn't even close to being most of Sega's games. This is if anything a GOOD thing if they can market a second one with the next two games while giving us a bunch more new ones.

EDIT: I think this was supposed to have been posted like hours ago...

[quote name='TimDJ84']Yeah I own it and Double Dragon 3.Either I really am masacisitic or my parents hated me haha.1993 release so I was 8....seems harder now though.[/quote] Tell me about it. I beat super mario 3 when I was like 10 years old and went back and couldn't beat it recently. Anyone saying "wow you couldn't beat Mario 3?!?!?" should go back and play it. That last world is hard as fuck

People crying about the S&K add-on should be ashamed to call themselves CAGs. For real. 40+ games for $29.99 retail? This is a cheap ass dream lol. Not to mention this collection ROCKS.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Ugh...yeah, I HATED how Streets of Rage was pulled from that. It's like I wanted that more than the actual Sonic games it included. this is the first time they've sold the Streets of Rage games I think since the original releases.

And Vectorman? Ugh. Those were TERRIBLE games. I never understood why they got good scores. Just dreadful shooters. I saw one modern review saying "it hasn't aged well" and it's like no, it wasn't any good in '95 either dude.[/quote]
I totally disagree that Vectorman wasn't any good back in the day.

I fully agree that it hasn't aged well at all. Tried to play it a few months back and it was just BAD.

[quote name='TypeSH']heads up, achievement whores.

i played bits and pieces of games that struck up nostalgia for about an hour last night and have about 300/1000 without even trying.

this is a great collection of titles for a measly $25. there's even cool video interviews with those responsible for the games included. you have NOTHING to complain about.[/quote]
I think complaining about only really receiving half of what is arguably the best game on the system is a legitimate complaint, but I also don't think it's worth NEARLY the amount of grief it's been getting on the message boards I go to.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']People crying about the S&K add-on should be ashamed to call themselves CAGs. For real. 40+ games for $29.99 retail? This is a cheap ass dream lol. Not to mention this collection ROCKS.[/quote]

Also not being mentioned is one of the best things about the compilation.It is in 720p.Now I can play the classics on my 1080p without it being just about unplayable.This is an unexpected surprise for me, as I have been looking for a game I can play in chunks.All my other games with the exception of TF2 really call for lengthy play periods.Even NHL09 because of how addicting the online is.I am happy this is coming.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Tell me about it. I beat super mario 3 when I was like 10 years old and went back and couldn't beat it recently. Anyone saying "wow you couldn't beat Mario 3?!?!?" should go back and play it. That last world is hard as fuck[/quote]

It wasn't that bad if you used a cloud to skip that god damned mini-castle level.

i beat the crap out of SM3 recently for the first time. As I was deprived as a child. It ain't that hard. And, sonic's ultimate collection should include dreamcast games as well. That way i'm not forced into buying nearly the same collection I have on PSP.

[quote name='r00tabeggas']i beat the crap out of SM3 recently for the first time. As I was deprived as a child. It ain't that hard. And, sonic's ultimate collection should include dreamcast games as well. That way i'm not forced into buying nearly the same collection I have on PSP.[/quote] If you used clouds or warps it doesnt count. Also how can you say that first level after the grabby hands wasnt hard as shit? That level is notoriously hard.

[quote name='uricmu']Star Control 2 has been released under some sort of open-source license, so I think it can't be sold for profit. I sometimes play the free port (ur quan masters) on my mac and it's fun.[/quote]

Yeah I know about the PC/MAC game. They are constantly doing little patches here and there and its great but I am talking about a console iteration.

Toys for Bob, I think the devs are called, can do what they want as its their game and they are even lobbying (for years now) for a Star Control 4 should someone give them the money to make it.

I even read a couple of years ago that they were planning on maybe releasing it (Star Control 2) on LIVE or something of the sort but stopped just short of saying that.

They were cooking something up but in the end I dont know where it is now as its been awhile since I have looked into it.

Back on this compilation though, I will problably get it used with a GS coupon as soon as I can since I dont see the point in buying it new right now. Unless you dont have a backlog and are jonesing for old school goodness.

[quote name='TimDJ84']Yeah I own it and Double Dragon 3.Either I really am masacisitic or my parents hated me haha.1993 release so I was 8....seems harder now though.[/quote]
Nearly a hundred levels, no save points in the original game, MASSIVE frustration.

Just how I like it. :applause:

[quote name='Tsukento']You make it seem like the compilation is filled with garbage titles. If you want a Sonic compilation, there are plenty to choose from that have lock-on technology. Considering the games that are available, it's a real steal at $30. Hell, you're making it seem like the games received poor ports just by basing it on the fact that there's no lock-on for S3&K.[/QUOTE]

I'm calling it a garbage port because it's missing a game that has every right being in there.

[quote name='Tsukento']The game is there. It's just not connected.[/QUOTE]

That's like explaining to my mom when I was a little kid the spine rip fatality while she was fuming mad.

"Mom, it's not so bad. His spine is still there. It's just not connected."

Face it, the lack of the lock-on feature smacks of absolute carelessness. I'd go as far to say that the people making this collection didn't even know there was a lock-on feature. They just coded an emulator and high fived themselves. I would't put it past them that they didn't even play test the damn thing.

It's a disgrace. S3&K is sacred to so many 90s kids. You don't make this type of collection for 90s kids and then slap them in the face with a big fat dick like this. I said it before and I'll say it again, more care gets put into homebrew emulators, and these assholes want to make money off of that and half ass it.

What do homebrew emulators have to with the quality of the ports in this game? Especially since the games are allegedy running under one of THE best Genesis emulators.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']What do homebrew emulators have to with the quality of the ports in this game? Especially since the games are allegedy running under one of THE best Genesis emulators.[/QUOTE]

Because you can just download the emulator, download the ROM, and you're all set. And it was the homebrew coders that figured out what they had to do to create a working S3&K ROM. They had to do some strange thing with the code. I read about it one time. I forget exactly what it was. Anyway, they did that FOR FREE and you can just download it. I'm not advocating piracy, but when the pirates do it better FOR FREE than real companies who do for pay, there's something seriously wrong, and there's something seriously wrong with you if you're just going to be content with it.

Also, don't count on the emulator being that great. It probably is, but there are lots of emulators you can pay for that suck. Look at XBOX compatibility on the 360 for one example.

This sounds like a great list of titles and probably worth the money, but that is lame that the Sonics aren't connected. I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone how much it extends the games to be able to play as Tails in the S&K levels or as Knuckles in the Sonic 3 levels. They had this option on all those Sonic Mega Collections so why not now?

[quote name='Chuplayer']Because you can just download the emulator, download the ROM, and you're all set. And it was the homebrew coders that figured out what they had to do to create a working S3&K ROM. They had to do some strange thing with the code. I read about it one time. I forget exactly what it was. Anyway, they did that FOR FREE and you can just download it. I'm not advocating piracy, but when the pirates do it better FOR FREE than real companies who do for pay, there's something seriously wrong, and there's something seriously wrong with you if you're just going to be content with it.

Also, don't count on the emulator being that great. It probably is, but there are lots of emulators you can pay for that suck. Look at XBOX compatibility on the 360 for one example.[/QUOTE]

Your speaking as if there are noticeable emulation flaws like glitchy graphics or input lag in the controls, both of which is fairly common in emulation. I'm well aware of this game's emulation status, I download roms and whatnot all the time, but whenever these compilations come out I generally snag them up and enjoy them unless they're Sega Smash Pack quality.

S&K was probably purposely excluded for God knows what reason, but the game is on Saturn and most of the last gen systems. There is no doubt in my mind that Sega COULD (and should)have put in there, they just didn't for one reason or another.

Well, they're officially full of bullshit on this one -

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/02/10/sonics-ultimate-genesis-collection-yes-it-has-sonic-games-too/
[quote name='Edward@Sega']...Ethan’s official explanation for why Sonic 3 + Knuckles wasn’t included: “To shore up the development time necessary to get “Lock-On” to work in Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection, we would have had to drop all of the bonus games from the disc. Faced with an either/or scenario, we chose to retain our title lineup in its entirety.”[/quote]

That is just an out and out dirty damn lie. As anyone that is at all familiar with Genesis emu knows, and as people even prove in the comments for that blog post, getting lock-on to work for the rom takes all of about 10 seconds to do. It's just patching the two roms together into one.

It's definitely a BS excuse, as there are even just single ROMs available that have Sonic 3 and S&K locked together.

However, let us not forget. This isn't a Sonic collection. There a good chunk of great games available on the compilation as is. Chances are half of you getting this set already own S3&K in either Genesis form or through Sonic Mega Collection.

If the reason you're not getting this set is because of the lack of S3&K, then you've clearly got the wrong idea about what this set is supposed to be. It not being included is only a MINOR problem, considering it's been ported before and it doesn't take away from the entire collection.

I got this collection today and I'm pretty satisfied. So far, 4 trophies and they unlock the classic Arcade versions of Shinobi, Altered Beast and countless interviews.

For everyone else not happy with the Sonic/Knuckles lock with Sonic 2 and 3, just pick up a cheap copy of the Sonic Mega Collection.

For me, the game that really got me was Alien Storm. I totally remember this game back in '91.

--Michael

[quote name='Tsukento']It's definitely a BS excuse, as there are even just single ROMs available that have Sonic 3 and S&K locked together.

However, let us not forget. This isn't a Sonic collection. There a good chunk of great games available on the compilation as is. Chances are half of you getting this set already own S3&K in either Genesis form or through Sonic Mega Collection.

If the reason you're not getting this set is because of the lack of S3&K, then you've clearly got the wrong idea about what this set is supposed to be. It not being included is only a MINOR problem, considering it's been ported before and it doesn't take away from the entire collection.[/QUOTE]

You're right it's a minor problem, but it's one that makes no sense. When I first read about this collection, I came in my pants. Sonic 3 and Knuckles being included was in the back of my mind. Not because of it being minor but because it IS COMMON SENSE IT'D BE INCLUDED! This screams Sega saying, "We're saving this till the XBLA release" or "Hi, our name is Sega and we started to eat slowly lead 'n' shit after Dreamcast and now we can't get enough, teehee!"

Seriously, I thought VC and XBLA killed any chance of a compilation this broad and sweeping. It didn't, as Sega released this bold 40+ game collection that's arguably the best game compilation ever, but they sure took a shit all over their grand effort by making the simplest mistake.

Actually, SEGA started turning into crap once they merged with Sammy. :p

And considering SEGA hasn't released much of anything outside of the Virtual Console, I'd say Wii owners are feeling a bigger burn. 40 games on the 360 and PS3 for $30 is a win/win situation for us, lose/lose for those who've opted to only go with Wii.

I'd argue before slightly before the Sammy merger, but sure, I agree with you. Every DC fanboy wants to moan about Sega automatically turning to shit day one as a third party, but it isn't true. Some really awesome games came out (some of which were holdovers from the Dreamcast era) but still they're complete crap now.

Well... not complete crap. There's still some good in Sega. It resides deep within... the spark in a small boy's eye, the flutter of a girl's heart! It's rare, but when it's there... baby, it's good!

What a stupid lie by the dev. Really put me off this collection, even though it so tempted me at the store today.
I didn't care about it not being included, but that kind of comment is almost insulting.

I'll pick this up later on, and used to boot.

[quote name='Civickid96']I got this collection today and I'm pretty satisfied. So far, 4 trophies and they unlock the classic Arcade versions of Shinobi, Altered Beast and countless interviews. [/QUOTE]

The interview with the Sonic the Hedgehog dev pissed me the hell off. I mean, at least he wasn't the jackass behind Sonic Adventure, but to say "Oh, Silver was originally planned for another game, but when we got picked to make the new Sonic, we thought, what the hell!"

Well, not in those EXACT words. But still.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'd argue before slightly before the Sammy merger, but sure, I agree with you. Every DC fanboy wants to moan about Sega automatically turning to shit day one as a third party, but it isn't true. Some really awesome games came out (some of which were holdovers from the Dreamcast era) but still they're complete crap now.

Well... not complete crap. There's still some good in Sega. It resides deep within... the spark in a small boy's eye, the flutter of a girl's heart! It's rare, but when it's there... baby, it's good![/quote]

Valkyria Chronices! :)

To all of you complaining about people like me complaining about the lack of S3&K, think about this.

One of your counter-arguments is "OMG THERE'S LIKE 5,000 GAMES FOR $25 HOW CAN YOU BE PISSED ABOUT THAT?". Another is "LOL GO PLAY SONIC MEGA COLLECTION."

1. Yea, it might have a good amount of games on it. But how many of those am I going to play? I already have like 10 360 games I've never played, so why would I even bother playing old Genesis games that I either a] haven't played before or b] wasn't too crazy about. S3&K is one of my favorite platformers ever... and it's a game I would definitely have bought the disc for.

2. I don't have Sonic Mega Collection. I had it for PS2 but I have a 360 now. I'm not gonna get the XBox version because I'm sure it looks like crap.. and I'm guessing the backwards compatibility on it sucks too. Having a chance to play S3&K in 720p would have given me a reason to buy this disc.

In summation:

No S3&K = I'm not paying Sega $25
S3&K = I would have paid $25

bread's done
Back