Sony E3 2012 Press Conference

Did anyone else hear a lot of beeping during the LoU (Last of Us) demo? I watched it on G4 (the one time of the year the channel is useful!)... I couldn't tell if it was due to technical errors or if they were beeping out the in game language.

[quote name='Jodou']

God of Bore has failed to innovate since game one. This one was sadly no different.[/QUOTE]

I don't get why you'd expect this one to be innovative...? I mean, most games in a series are built off of the original. Clearly, not all games will appease everyone but those of us who love GoW are getting what we want.:)

Some of the free PS+ games coming this month:

inFamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Saints Row 2
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Just Cause 2
Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine
Virtua Fighter 5
Sideway: New York
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

[quote name='Salamando3000']Read somewhere that Microsoft has an exclusive deal when it comes to showing off CoD during events like this...or something...no clue how trustworthy it is...now, if footage doesn't show up from the show floor, then we start to panic.[/QUOTE]
I've heard that as well.
If I were them, I'd have something on the Blog showing footage, they need to get that out to people.

[quote name='dallow']Some of the free PS+ games coming this month:

inFamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Saints Row 2
Just Cause 2
Virtua Fighter 5

I've heard that as well.
If I were them, I'd have something on the Blog showing footage, they need to get that out to people.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad list of games. I'll probably play through Infamous 2 on evil since I traded it in a while back to get the max value out of it.

I was curious about Warhammer, so now I don't have to worry about picking it up on the cheap.

[quote name='Vinny']Did anyone else hear a lot of beeping during the LoU (Last of Us) demo? I watched it on G4 (the one time of the year the channel is useful!)... I couldn't tell if it was due to technical errors or if they were beeping out the in game language. [/QUOTE]
They were beeping out the in-game language. Lots of f-bombs dropped there.

vita is getting its own assassins creed, game its own call of duty game, and it's a cross platform compatible with the battle game. Not bad, but was wanting more.

what really got me was in the intro it showed what look like killzone footage but they didn't say whether it was the vita kz or killzone 4.

[quote name='Salamando3000']They were beeping out the in-game language. Lots of f-bombs dropped there.[/QUOTE]

Ah, good. Because when it started with just audio and no video, I was wondering WTF was going on and then figured it was more technical errors. But damn that's a lot of vulgarity though... hopefully it doesn't turn out to be annoying like Rico in Killzone 2.

That CoD game is RE PSP.
There's not one mention of the game anywhere on Playstation.com unlike every other Vita title they've ever whispered about.

I just got back-- what did I miss in the way of PS Vita announcements? I don't feel like sifting through six pages of stuff.

[quote name='japatten']I just got back-- what did I miss in the way of PS Vita announcements? I don't feel like sifting through six pages of stuff.[/QUOTE]

No need.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation for Vita.

Done.

Those PS+ games coming out was my favorite news of the day. Except when the hell would I play all of those.

I think Sony did better than MSFT this time, in that they actually focused on games, instead of name dropping.

I loved the last bit in the Last of Us. He took that shot most games wouldn't let us take.

[quote name='dallow']No need.

Done.[/QUOTE]
that broke me. I was gunna buy a vita this summer but now I might put it off til this bundle...fuuuudge!

inFamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Saints Row 2
Just Cause 2
Virtua Fighter 5
[/QUOTE]

Seriously? That is incredible. I have most of the games on that list that I'd want already, but still that is amazing. I guess I can try to sell them quick before everyone jumps on board with PS+ to get those games! I can't imagine anyone would hold out after seeing that.

Better then Microsoft.

r7GJs.gif

[quote name='dallow']That CoD game is RE PSP.
There's not one mention of the game anywhere on Playstation.com unlike every other Vita title they've ever whispered about.[/QUOTE]

RE and Agent dissappeared as soon as they came.

Watched it on my PS3, damn was that shitty quality streaming. MS streaming on 360 was much better. IMO Sony tied with MS this year.

Was the announce of 'free' games to PS+ members the only notable thing from Sony's presentation? If so, then meh. I have no desire to download multi gig full games that I won't own unless I keep paying them for PS+.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Was the announce of 'free' games to PS+ members the only notable thing from Sony's presentation? If so, then meh. I have no desire to download multi gig full games that I won't own unless I keep paying them for PS+.:razz:[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Beyond and Last Of Us were a bit more notable.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm pretty sure Beyond and Last Of Us were a bit more notable.[/QUOTE]
Eh. Fungus 'zombies' and whatever the hell Beyond is gonna be are likely not to pique my interest until they hit $20 new.

Notables were GoW (ie Double Dragon 2013), Last of Us (ie Uncharted 4:I am Enslaved Legend), and godly free PS+ titles. Not a fan of PS+ but a huge fan of GoW and Uncharted so I'll get them sooner or later, probably later, but PS3 is not doing a new system and those are like the 4th games in their perspective series on an aging system (3/2013 release and unknown).

The amount of idiocy I've read is truly astounding. It's like people are trying to be that stupid over 1 day worth of content for a 3 day convention, no telling what can be announced or is actually on the floor right now. Wish people would stfu with stupid ass shit like ps3 price drops etc multiple chances and black fridays have passed where its been slashed to a nice price bundled with games and gift cards, your own goddamn fault if you didn't bother to actually try to get one during said times.

[quote name='renique46']The amount of idiocy I've read is truly astounding. It's like people are trying to be that stupid over 1 day worth of content for a 3 day convention, no telling what can be announced or is actually on the floor right now. Wish people would stfu with stupid ass shit like ps3 price drops etc multiple chances and black fridays have passed where its been slashed to a nice price bundled with games and gift cards, your own goddamn fault if you didn't bother to actually try to get one during said times.[/QUOTE]
It's called differing opinions and last time I checked people are allowed to have them.:roll:

As for God Of War 90 million, I'm sick of the series. I thought they were going to focus on Kratos' brother (the 'other one' that Athena talks about in the third game). Instead we get a frickin' prequel with Kratos still in the lead role.

I will say this about the PS+ announcement. If you bought the Infamous 2 or Just Cause 2 bundles last week I would be pretty upset they are now free to play this month. I know you do not own them but it is still bad form to do that. How about announcing that shit at the same time and let an informed consumer decide.

[quote name='dallow']No need.

Done.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much!
I just looked at the trailer for the game, and I am very impressed and will probably pre-order the game. :)

I am a bit disappointed though in Sony, I expected more news about a possible Vita-exclusive Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto. Bad job by Sony.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

As for God Of War 90 million, I'm sick of the series. I thought they were going to focus on Kratos' brother (the 'other one' that Athena talks about in the third game). Instead we get a frickin' prequel with Kratos still in the lead role. [/QUOTE]

Yup and you don't have to play it :applause: see how easy that was?

I love God of War, and its my favorite PS3 exclusive, in fact its really the only reason i own a PS3. But im hoping that the new game has a good story, and good level designs. I didnt really care for GOW3's story. I mean
we spend all of GOW2 trying to kill zeus, to fail, then we had to do it all over again in 3 to finally kill him at the end? That was just dumb. But i did enjoy the game, with the exception of the labrinth room, and the flying through the tunnel parts. For whatever reason i didnt like those parts in GOW3.
So i am really looking foward to the story, and seeing what they do with it.

[quote name='io']Seriously? That is incredible. I have most of the games on that list that I'd want already, but still that is amazing. I guess I can try to sell them quick before everyone jumps on board with PS+ to get those games! I can't imagine anyone would hold out after seeing that.[/QUOTE]

I'll be the hold out, the only one on that list that I'd want is SR2, which I already have on the 360, the rest..meh.

[quote name='praxus07']I'll be the hold out, the only one on that list that I'd want is SR2, which I already have on the 360, the rest..meh.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess one possible downside to that announcement is that people who really like those games probably already have them. I mean LBP 2 was a sure-fire preorder so I've had that since Day 1. Infamous 2 I picked up the first time it went on sale (and have yet to play it though my son did). I preordered R&C which I sort of regret in that I have only played about 1 hour of it to date. There's nothing wrong with it, I've just found other things to play. I'm pretty sure Lara Croft Guardian of Light was a PS+ free game before, wasn't it? I don't have any of the others but then again I wouldn't buy them for any more than $5.

But it is definitely a sure-fire thing for new PS3 owners to sign up for.

Was better than the MS conference. Xbox I think needs a service like PS+ because getting that amount of free content is very good. I would definitely pay £3-5 per month for a service like that.

So the games free with PS+.. is that just for the month of June? Will they rotate every month? Or is this going to be a whole library of games that I can play for free so long as I am a paying member?

You can play them as long as you're a paying member.
The games rotate, but as long as you had downloaded them while they were free for PS+, you can access them.

[quote name='Scorch']So the games free with PS+.. is that just for the month of June? Will they rotate every month? Or is this going to be a whole library of games that I can play for free so long as I am a paying member?[/QUOTE]

From what I read, it follows the same rules already in place, they're just expanding on the number/quality of games available. The games rotate every month, you can keep them as long as your PS+ subscription stays active, and if you didn't get around to downloading the game during the month it was available, you're screwed.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']From what I read, it follows the same rules already in place, they're just expanding on the number/quality of games available. The games rotate every month, you can keep them as long as your PS+ subscription stays active, and if you didn't get around to downloading the game during the month it was available, you're screwed.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, you only have to "purchase" the game in the Store, you don't actually have to download it. Usually on Tuesdays I'll pop in to the store and "purchase" all of the free content but skip the downloading, and then a couple months later I might download them to try them out. This matters more when you're talking about the large free content downloads that are up this month and if you have a hdd on the smaller side.

[quote name='J7.']Watched it on my PS3, damn was that shitty quality streaming. MS streaming on 360 was much better. IMO Sony tied with MS this year.[/QUOTE]
You were clearly watching a different M$ presentation because while there were at least no kids on stage this year, they failed to provide anything but sequels with no surprises. They've given up on strong first party titles/exclusives and instead are content in paying millions for DLC first.[quote name='dallow']
iCXX1fHU2RUXn.gif
[/QUOTE]
I really can't feel sorry for anyone who bought Vita after PSPGo. Everyone is trying to take market share back from mobile gaming when it has already been lost. I'm very surprised nobody noticed the white flag with PlaystationMobile.

Love seeing the fanboys in here defending the Sony conference. It was garbage. THe only unannounced game was dumb ass StoryBookTime. They tried to get people hype by giving away 3 two year old games that if you wanted them you would own the fucking games. It was every bit as bad as the Microsoft conference. If you cant see that take your Sony glasses off.

[quote name='smiggity']Love seeing the fanboys in here defending the Sony conference. It was garbage. THe only unannounced game was dumb ass StoryBookTime. They tried to get people hype by giving away 3 two year old games that if you wanted them you would own the fucking games. It was every bit as bad as the Microsoft conference. If you cant see that take your Sony glasses off.[/QUOTE]

Beyond? COD Vita? ACIII: Liberation?

inFamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Saints Row 2
Just Cause 2
Virtua Fighter 5
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. the full list is here and they're coming today.

See this is why I don't like when they announce their hottest games before E3.

Don't lie, would anyone here say Sony's conference sucked if the following games were revealed for the first time at E3?

The Last of Us
LBP Karting
God of War Ascension
Playstation All-Stars

If they announced all of those at the show, it would have been a huge success and major crowd pleaser (they would have went nuts with some of those) rather than the boring show we had last night. And don't say oh they got more press for each game this way, blah blah blah. They're getting a fuck ton more negative press for not bringing anything new except a stupid as story book to one of the biggest attention-getting shows of the year. It would have benefited them a whole lot more to announce these titles at the show rather than just trickle them out of the blue a month or 2 before the show started. Ugh

[quote name='Jodou']I really can't feel sorry for anyone who bought Vita after PSPGo. Everyone is trying to take market share back from mobile gaming when it has already been lost. I'm very surprised nobody noticed the white flag with PlaystationMobile.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who wants sympathy for buying the Vita probably didn't really want it in the first place. I'm one of the few (?) that have been quite happy with the launch games and I've already gotten my money's worth out of it. If Sony and developers decide to abandon it so early on, then I'll just follow the cfw scene and hope that something fun comes out of that (but I'd much rather developers get on board - it really is a great piece of hardware and I'll probably choke someone if iphones/ipads with touchscreen controls are the future of mobile gaming).

Ninja edit: Is there anyone that'll leap to the storybook's defense or is it just universally accepted that it's the dumbest thing that's been on an E3 stage in years? I think that if I were a 12 year old girl or boy (or whatever the target demographic is for that thing) I'd still prefer, I don't know, reading a book to doing whatever that was, but surely _someone_ must not hate it.

[quote name='Josh5890']Beyond? COD Vita? ACIII: Liberation?[/QUOTE]

All 3 of those games were known about. David Cages leaked a few days before (not their fault but still) and COD Vita and AC Vita were both outed last year. I dont own a Vita, and neither do that many other people according to sales figures

[quote name='handsomepete']Anyone who wants sympathy for buying the Vita probably didn't really want it in the first place. I'm one of the few (?) that have been quite happy with the launch games and I've already gotten my money's worth out of it. If Sony and developers decide to abandon it so early on, then I'll just follow the cfw scene and hope that something fun comes out of that (but I'd much rather developers get on board - it really is a great piece of hardware and I'll probably choke someone if iphones/ipads with touchscreen controls are the future of mobile gaming).

Ninja edit: Is there anyone that'll leap to the storybook's defense or is it just universally accepted that it's the dumbest thing that's been on an E3 stage in years? I think that if I were a 12 year old girl or boy (or whatever the target demographic is for that thing) I'd still prefer, I don't know, reading a book to doing whatever that was, but surely _someone_ must not hate it.[/QUOTE]

I think storybook is an interesting idea and I'm sure kids will like it, but it was demoed terribly on stage. The HP "game" that Rowling is attached to looks nothing like what you'd expect from the HP universe. It's of course very early, but it looks very boring and generic. I'm sure with other books and interactive demos people will get a better impression, but to focus so much time at E3 on this poor poor demo was just a very bad decision by sony.

Plus, they should have parterned with Collins to do a Hunger Games book/game/thing for E3. Now that would have gotten the attention of both tweens and core gamers alike if done properly.

bread's done
Back