Sony Playstation Home - Gen. Discussion & Info - Open Beta Available Now

They need to get rooms up for Warhawk, SOCOM, and Resistance 2. Those are three huge online games, and Home needs to service them ASAP in order to justify its existence and show people what can really be done with it.

In the future they also need to flat-out integrate it with the XMB. Having it as something separate that you boot from the XMB defeats the whole purpose of it. When you boot up your PS3, you should automatically login to Home and there should be a picture-in-picture style image of your avatar in its homespace sitting in the bottom-left corner of the screen. You should then be able to select it just like you do the scrolling Information Board in the top-right of the screen.

Every game that ships for the PS3 should have some sort of Home add-on included.

For example..when Killzone 2 comes out there should be a Home option at the main menu. When you click it, it downloads a new Killzone section of Home onto your PS3 so that the next time you log into Home you can hop straight into the Killzone area and meet up with other Killzone players and then be able to get a convo goin with some people and then launch straight into the game from there with the people you met.

fuck my ass, that is a great idea...

[quote name='Malik112099']Every game that ships for the PS3 should have some sort of Home add-on included.

For example..when Killzone 2 comes out there should be a Home option at the main menu. When you click it, it downloads a new Killzone section of Home onto your PS3 so that the next time you log into Home you can hop straight into the Killzone area and meet up with other Killzone players and then be able to get a convo goin with some people and then launch straight into the game from there with the people you met.

fuck my ass, that is a great idea...[/quote]

Wasn't Bioshock supposed to have some sort of Home addon like that?

[quote name='Sinistar']Wasn't Bioshock supposed to have some sort of Home addon like that?[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that rumor was based on fake cover art.

[quote name='Malik112099']Every game that ships for the PS3 should have some sort of Home add-on included.

fuck my ass, that is a great idea...[/quote]

That's a great idea.

While it should be part of the XMB and not it's own program, I wouldn't like it forced upon me. I like how the XMB is, simple and neat. I don't need all this fancy walking around an empty house. Ah, hell I'll admit, Home has no point, they need to add something to entice people to actually use it, other than bowling and playing the arcade games there isn't much to do except act like a random jackass.

Yeah I agree, at this point home is only usefull to those who like conversing with random people, aka creepers. Has anyone else seen teh Mega 64 skit on home? They hit it on the nose with that one...

If they make Home replace the XMB I am selling my PS3. I want to play games, not run around in some dumb ass world to accomplish that. Its fine how it is, that way all the little kids and immature adults can have fun with it and the normal people leave it the hell alone

[quote name='smiggity']If they make Home replace the XMB I am selling my PS3. I want to play games, not run around in some dumb ass world to accomplish that. Its fine how it is, that way all the little kids and immature adults can have fun with it and the normal people leave it the hell alone[/quote]

Dude I completley agree, I like the XMB but I would hate for home to begin some sort of system startup. I just want to view my media, play my games, not walk over to my virtual ps3, virtualy press scroll over to video, and virtually select a blu-ray.

Believe it or not there is actually Home news today!

PlayStation Home Content Update Coming This Week

Posted by CydoniaX // PlayStation Home Community Manager
For those of you who haven’t already met me, I’m CydoniaX, the PlayStation Home Community Manager. I wanted to give you a quick update on new content coming to PlayStation Home this week.

First, the Red Bull space is going live! You’ll be able to access it through your World Map by clicking on the Red Bull Air Race map tile. From there you can explore this tropical island and take part in different Red Bull events. This week you’ll be able to get inside the cockpit of a Red Bull Air Race plane and compete against other flyers on the Red Bull Air Race course. This is just the start of what we are working on for Red Bull Island with more to come in the next few months.

Ligne Roset and Diesel will now have their own storefronts in the PlayStation Home Mall, so that you will be able to locate these brands more easily.
For the SCEA region, if you pre-order “Killzone 2” for PS3 through Amazon you’ll get an exclusive PlayStation Home costume for your Home avatar. With costume pieces for your head, torso, legs, hands and feet, you can customize your Home avatar to look like an ISA Soldier, a Helghast Assault Trooper, or something in between. Codes to access your bonus costumes will be sent to you after Killzone 2 launches on 02/27/09. Check out this link for more details.
And last but not least, SCEA is adding Resident Evil: Degeneration themed T-shirts for all fans of the movie we showed a sneak peek of over the holiday break. Please check back here in the next few days to find out when we go live with this update.

The real question is...Where is my Socom game launching????

The only use Ive ever really found for Home is trolling, at which, it runs AMAZINGLY. The part that disgusts me though is how every guy is hitting on every (supposed) girl on home. The central plaza has become a thriving ground for the lonely.

What does this mean ..

"And last but not least, SCEA is adding Resident Evil: Degeneration themed T-shirts for all fans of the movie we showed a sneak peek of over the holiday break."

Does that mean for people that went into the theater during that sneak preview or that actually went up to the screen and activated it?

[quote name='Maklershed']Think how great that'd be if you could fly the planes over the central plaza. :lol:

There'd be wreckage and carnage everywhere![/quote]

more lake aerial sexual predators.

For the love of all that is holy Sony, put in a couple of game spaces and drop in user trophy rooms.

[quote name='Malik112099']Sony better have something special up their sleeves for when Xbox Live Primetime launches in the Spring.[/quote]
Really want to play 1 vs 100?

[quote name='Richlough']It'll be crappy because you'll have to use an Avatar , right ?[/quote]When have I ever said avatars were sucky?

Never.

I have NEVER dissed or put down Microsoft Avatars.
Stop believing this.

I haven't made one, because I don't have a game that supports them.
My buddy is getting Uno, and I think that game has an avatar patch, I will then make one as it is nice to have face to play against online.

[quote name='dallow']When have I ever said avatars were sucky?

Never.

I have NEVER dissed or put down Microsoft Avatars.
Stop believing this.[/QUOTE]

I know , I promise I'll stop giving you shit for it when you make one [and keep it] . :lol:
Oh, and your current folding@home rank , let's just say your PS3 might need a cooling fan to keep up . ;)

;)

I actually have only folded maybe 5 WU's in the last 5 or so months.
Haha, all those came from the early barren days of PS3's life.

I should actually start back on that, I miss the hum coming from the living room.

I think the 1 vs. 100 thing for NXE looks god awful. It looks tacky as hell. I don't see Home doing something like that, but I think competitive stuff is something they need, but they need to open it up more.

Those Arcade machines? I should be able to play on any Arcade machine at any time no matter who's on them. Oh, and here's a great idea. Put Side-Scrolling Beat-Em Ups in there to allow people to watch over people's shoulders (Removing the Avatar so you can see it in the process) and so you can have drop-in, drop-out co-op at any time during them. That'd be sweet.

I actually thought you could see the people playing the arcade game in real time and was disappointed when that wasn't the case.

I haven't used Home in weeks but I'll try out the plane game and get my free shirt.

Are we going to have to wait in line to play the Red Bull thing, like the arcade games?

Or have they managed to find a way to have more than one person play at a time?

I think our place in line should be based on how many male suitors our female avatars can attract in 5 minutes. Bonus points for any inane messages sent to your inbox.

Sony CES Conference:

9:53 PST $1 million of goods sold via Home

I've yet to spend any money on Home items yet, but I was tempted by the Snowman head thing.

---

EA SPORTS to Debut on PlayStation®Network with EA SPORTS Complex

Electronic Arts Inc today announced its initial plans for the PlayStation Home Beta for the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, the 3D social gaming community that allows users to interact, communicate and share gaming experiences online. EA's support of the PlayStation Home Beta will begin with the EA SPORTS Complex, which is currently in development and is slated to launch this Spring.

"We're proud to support the PlayStation Home Beta with a very robust offering from EA SPORTS," said Peter Moore, president of EA SPORTS. "As part of our continued commitment to the connected experience and the digitization of our business, the EA SPORTS Complex is a rich new online environment that presents a compelling and immersive social gaming experience for the global sports audience."

EA worked closely together with Sony Computer Entertainment to ensure that the EA SPORTS Complex space within PlayStation Home would be a compelling experience for all EA SPORTS fans, with a space designed for both casual and hardcore gamers. Gamers will be able to play exclusive new EA SPORTS multiplayer games, meet and interact with EA SPORTS fans, view daily, weekly and annual leaderboards to see how they compare against the rest of EA SPORTS Nation, as well as watch trailers and other content from some of their favorite EA SPORTS games.

EA is currently working with Sony Computer Entertainment on further label support of PlayStation Home Beta, and will announce plans in the near future.

EA SPORTS is the leading interactive sports software brand in the world, with top-selling titles and franchises including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR and NASCAR racing.

[quote name='dallow']Really want to play 1 vs 100?[/quote]

Hell yes. 101 people playing a live gameshow at the same time on xbox live with real prizes!?!? How could you not want that?

1 vs 100 is only the 1st game announced. There will be more. I think it sounds great.

I just don't like that game. Or Deal or No Deal, or any of the other really simplistic ones.
I'll play other gameshows though.
C'mooooon Price is Right!

[quote name='dallow']Sony CES Conference:

9:53 PST $1 million of goods sold via Home[/QUOTE]

So with 3.4 million downloads of Home and $1 million spent, that's about $0.30 in revenue per user.

Not bad for a "POS software package that's still in Beta and available for ~1 month."

Those numbers should start to trend up as more content gets release, especially vendor specific goods.

[quote name='dallow']

EA SPORTS to Debut on PlayStation®Network with EA SPORTS Complex
[/QUOTE]

It'd be great if EA held a Fight Night tournament, and you could watch the final Title Match in the EA Sports zone.

[quote name='Malik112099']Hell yes. 101 people playing a live gameshow at the same time on xbox live with real prizes!?!? How could you not want that?

1 vs 100 is only the 1st game announced. There will be more. I think it sounds great.[/quote]

Me too. I would love to play live game shows with friends. If they do it right, it may force me to go on and get a 360.

To the people that have contributed to that $1 million in purchases, I'd like to quote a line from The Simpsons ... ahem ... "Your loneliness saddens me."

[quote name='Ecofreak']So with 3.4 million downloads of Home and $1 million spent, that's about $0.30 in revenue per user.

Not bad for a "POS software package that's still in Beta and available for ~1 month."

Those numbers should start to trend up as more content gets release, especially vendor specific goods.

[/QUOTE]

People have way more money than sense.

So I went in Home today to get the free RE shirts. I could only get one for some reason, and I'm mad that they changed the Mall layout. Pretty much everything costing more than a dollar is now on Floor 1 while the cheap stuff is on the 2nd floor.

Seriously, why can't I just get this stuff of the Playstation Store?

bread's done
Back