Sony Playstation Home - Gen. Discussion & Info - Open Beta Available Now

you laugh but sadly that's a valid question. oh home if only there was something interesting to do that didn't have a line 10 miles long.

not bad:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/articles/2009/02/03/sfiv_re5_home_collaborations/

2132374695_view.jpg

2132374703_view.jpg

2132374694_view.jpg

nice to see rewards will be going up sometime... eventually... whenever.

[quote name='metaly']Look! RE5 is no longer racist![/QUOTE]

Actually it still is as I only see white people in that Home screenshot. Also was it ever discussed why you could only get 1 of free Resident Evil and not select both? Just making sure I am not doing something wrong when trying to select them in the store.

[quote name='KingBroly']So I'm guessing Street Fighter IV will be the first game to support in-Home game launching then?[/quote]Well, Warhawk already does.

SFIV and RE5 have the same Home Reward system as the Namco Museum beta.

So as you play, you not only unlock trophies, but also items and costumes for Home itself.
Glad to see more of that kind of support.

It seems like Home will finally arrive over the next several weeks.

Okay guys and gals - as promised, we’re going to give you a peek into what to expect in terms of content updates in the very near future. Note: We’re not releasing exact dates to the public on any of this. Don’t ask; we won’t tell. The only way to make sure you don’t miss out is to log in to PlayStation Home often.

Anyhow, coming straight for you all are:

A proverbial boatload of game spaces - including spaces for Warhawk, SOCOM, Resistance, and many, many more (we’ll announce more spaces in the coming weeks)...

Of course, you’re all aware of the EA Sports Complex. But let’s just say that is coming sooner rather than later. And it’s cooler than you imagined.

These spaces will usher in the next phase of Home. They will begin to utilize this uber-powerful platform’s true capabilities. We’re talking unlocking items in the games you play from Home (and vice versa), mini-games that take full advantage of the Sixaxis controller, game launching integration. The whole shebang!

We also have leaderboards. Huzzah!

You can also count on tons of apartments and clubhouses that boast increasingly interactive environments. These spaces are freakin’ awesome. You’re going to love ‘em.

Picture frames are coming back. We’re not giving a solid date at this time, but suffice to say you will have them very, very soon.

You’ll have more music, more regularly. And, yes, there will be all different styles (this means that all of you rockers can rejoice!)

You’ll have a bigger Theater, and it will be full of videos (and not just trailers either).

You’ll be able to customize your avatar with more gear – and this stuff is hot. Oh, and there are tons of options for the girls as well. We’re not forgetting about you.

And, to top it all off, we’re gonna be throwing tons of parties, contests, and other events in Home (including a special event to coincide with Valentine’s Day. It’s going to be a killer event). The prizes will be bigger and better than ever before. If you haven’t participated in anything we’ve done before, we’re sure you will now.

See, we weren’t lying when we said we were going to make good on our word to you all.

We appreciate your patience while we make the final tweaks to ensure that all of this is smooth as can be. And we appreciate you diehards keeping the faith while the naysayers pretended like the Beta launch was the be-all, end-all of Home. No way, no how.

So where's the best place in Home to take my Valentine's date? :roll:

It'll be cool if by pictures they mean you can put up your own images in your house, though. I mean, I guess. I don't think I've even launched Home since that time we were chasing freaky around.

[quote name='yukine']Don't know, but wherever you take her expect a bunch of doods leg humping her.[/QUOTE]

yeah my wife made a character... it actually kind of looks like her and the guys are flocking to her.. She did give herself pink hair, but still its like flies on honey.

[quote name='Richlough']Have you ever watched the bowling ? The ball goes down the midlle every time if you see it as a spectator .
Go-karts would be way too much of a challenge for these guys .[/quote]
I found myself on Home a couple weeks ago and decided to check this out as I never really paid attention.
They must have fixed it as the balls go wherever the player throws them now.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Pictures of the upcoming Watchmen content.

Also there will be a Q&A which should be interesting.[/QUOTE]
when and what time

[quote name='smiggity']Warhawk Command Center finally goes up this week. Now where is my Socom Game Launching!?!?!?!?[/quote]
Woo, now I have a reason to load Home again. I want some Warhawk Home skins/clothes.

EA sports is having one too

u can play minigames like poker,F1 driving course,basketball court,golf driving range TBA but maybe before or sametime as the EA games come out

also the home will feed off the EA games so u can unlock stuff for home and vice versa

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']To give you an idea, Google Mail is still in beta, so Home doesn't have to come out of beta.[/quote]dude where ya been. Gmail's been out of beta for a while now. maybe 2-3 days?

[quote name='goldvenom69']Any one knows or have a guess how long is home going to be on beta?[/quote]Home will come out of beta eventually. I mean look at it this way. It is said that consoles have a 5 year cycle. Sony says they want to go 10 with the PS3. So we'll give them say 7 years. There's no way they can end 7 years and home is still in beta. By the fifth year Home has to be out of beta testing. Period. There's no purpose to beta testing a function on a system that has less than a year left of actual use on it.

Locust_Star here giving you a quick heads up about some rad going ons that will be going down in-world this week. As you may or may not know, Warhawk is getting its own game space in PlayStation Home on Thursday, February 26th. This space is a great example of the next level in Home’s development – boasting serious interactive features from tactical furniture to game launching. So on opening day we’re inviting you all out to the new space to meet new people, strategize your next attack (using the interactive sand table), launch into the game, and commence the carnage.
This event will run from dawn to dawn, so when you get out of work, class, or a well-deserved nap be sure to log in and meet up with old clan members and new teammates alike. You might even see me in there kicking some Eucadian butt (or Chernovan, depending on my mood). Look for a video walkthrough of the Warhawk Command Center with Dylan Jobe tomorrow morning!

I just downloaded the new patch but cant get past "Initializing" WTF

Apparently they are having problems " home has just had another update i think to version 1.11.2 qnd it say on eu forums home may be down for up to 2 hours"

[quote name='starmask2k3']when and what time[/QUOTE]

Watchmen costumes and t-shirts are free on the European Home now.
Japan has a few pay costumes from Tekken (Paul and Heihachi) in the Namco store.

It was kinda cool, dumb at first because I couldn't figure out what to do, but then it clicked. Neat adventure game.

Japanese Home has an amazing gamespace for Siren I think.

You go in with a group of people to a hospital, and avoid getting killed by nurses and other demonic stuff. You can actually die and need to work together with others to win, I hear it's a cool game, I'll try it out when I can.

Xi isn't bad so far. It's a nice diversion, at least.

BTW, is only one puzzle available right now? I finished the first one and got a... butterfly? I looked around and I think that's all I can do right now.

There is a Ghostbusters Home space that will be up. Been reading some leaked details on it, and rumor is it'll be out in two weeks!

The cool Siren homespace is coming.
Actually has a fun game that you play with 4 people where you walk around a dark hospital to complete a mission while avoiding getting killed.

I still have two people on my FL who friended me while I walked around in Home a long time ago.
They're in Home all the time. I think there are Home addicts out there.

bread's done
Back