Soul Calibur IV Deals Thread (Limited Edition has T-shirt!!!)

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
Xbox 360 Exclusive - Yoda
PS3 Exclusive - Darth Vader

Standard Edition - $59.99
512iHK4xcVL._SS400_.jpg
51nh1lyQnOL._SS400_.jpg

Limited Collector's/Premium Edition - $79.99
(Xbox 360 on Left; PS3 on Right)
51Bzer2vmEL._SS400_.jpg
51PQdvRbV1L._SS400_.jpg

LCE/Premium Comes with:
Metal Case
Art book
Tournament bracket card
Soul Calibur T-shirt (XL size)
(Not listed on Amazon, but gamecrazy indicate there will also be some Exclusive Downloadable character costumes and weapons Plus custom comic book)

Release Date: July 29, 2008.

---Deals---

Game Crazy - FREE FacePlate with Pre-order. Yoda(Xbox 360) - http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12870&LF=STL Darth Vader(PS3) http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12871&LF=STL

Best Buy - Preorder & get FREE Calender! (Pics), but it probably doesn't apply to the LCE Edition, I might have to cancel.

Amazon -

Xbox 360 Standard - http://www.amazon.com/Namco-21005-Soul-Calibur-IV/dp/B000ZKDOVW/
Xbox 360 LCE/Premium - http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Calibur-IV-Premium-Edition/dp/B0017U25QY/

PS3 Standard - http://www.amazon.com/Namco-11007-Soul-Calibur-IV/dp/B000ZK7ZMQ/
PS3 LCE/Premium - http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Calibur-IV-Premium-Edition/dp/B0017U08X6/

Gamestop - Pre-Order Soul Calibur IV and receive a Soul Calibur IV key chain free!
506287_bonuslg.jpg

Circuit City - Free mini strategy guide with Pre-order. (http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=215746)

Target - Details not yet.
Wal-mart - Details not yet.

Arcade Stick - Soul Calibur Edition

PS3 http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-F.../dp/B0018OCJ60/ref=acc_glance_vg_ai_828_1_tit

Xbox 360 http://www.amazon.com/Xbox360-Fight..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1213813274&sr=1-2

Strategy Guide Limited Edition $19.79 http://www.amazon.com/SOULCALIBUR-Limited-Guide-Brady-Games/dp/0744010314
832226b.jpg

SOULCALIBUR IV Limited Edition Fighter’s Guide includes the following:
  • Complete walkthrough of the entire game.
  • CHARACTER LISTING: Detailed information on all characters, including Yoda for Xbox 360 and Darth Vader for PlayStation 3, with strategies and movelists.
  • EXPERT TACTICS: Tips on character ranges, attacks, counterattacks, and more!
  • GAME SECRETS: Unlockables revealed!
  • Limited Edition guide provides bonus game soundtrack, foldout, and much more!

WOW.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Plus, if you really can't wear the XL, sell it on Ebay, I am sure some people will pay at least $10-15 on it!

That said, anyone thinking about selling the PS3's Darth Vader T-shirt on Ebay/Amazon, yes I WILL buy it (No more than $15)![/quote]

Like I said, there is still options even if you don't want it.

[quote name='eau']What is the dimension of the calendar?[/QUOTE]

I think its more of the size of a desk calendar. The preorder was in a cardboard box the size of your standard dvd case, and it could feel it slide inside.

[quote name='Link927']I think its more of the size of a desk calendar. The preorder was in a cardboard box the size of your standard dvd case, and it could feel it slide inside.[/QUOTE]

I'd prolly put it at 4"x6" when it's closed. Definitely intended for use in a desk/cubicle.

[quote name='SuperJedi']They told me, promotion probably hasn't begun yet, check back in July or next week.[/quote]

I bet you don't get the faceplate unless you pick up your preorder. That's how those work most of the time with similar items.

Exceptions are stuff that has entry into a beta, like what the case was with the MGS Saga Vol. 2 disc because it had entry into the MGO beta.

[quote name='SlaughterX']I want the face plate... but after the GTA4 fiaso I don't trust GameCrazy at all...[/quote]

GTA4 fiasco? what happened?

i saw some dude complaining about the tshirts sized xl selling out faster than the m or l ones. Im wondering what the hell is up with the xl sizes. I mean I would like to see some xxl or even xxxl. Thats not because I am morbidly obese, im just kinda fat, but I dont like to look like im wearing a soul caliber bra. But that's just me

Is the tin case going to contain a copy of the game in a regular DVD case, or is it going to be the joke that the Gears of War LE was?

[quote name='TomoyoN']GTA4 fiasco? what happened?[/quote]

Basically they were offering the same thing for the 360 version of GTA4, all stores were supposed to get them for each copy of the 360 version that was preordered. Then they changed it to only a certain few stores, which got a shit load and most other stores got none.

I drove an hour out of the way to get one and ending up with nothing but wasted time and gas. Called them the next day and they were supposed to call me back, they never did. I then reported them to the BBB for false advertisement and they didn't even respond to them. Horrible way to run business, and I actually liked GameCrazy up until this incident...

Yeah, I could have gotten them and those MGS4 bandannas, but I don't have any time to go down there.:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb: I probably could still get the bandannas.

[quote name='Megalith']Is the tin case going to contain a copy of the game in a regular DVD case, or is it going to be the joke that the Gears of War LE was?[/quote]

This is what I would also like to know. I am thinking of getting the LE, but since it looks like the Gears one, I will probably be passing and just get the regular. I hated the Gears Tin.

Anyone know if someone will be offering a 10 GC with a purchase of this??? I could careless about the collectors items...but cash that would be something.

[quote name='NDPsycho']This is what I would also like to know. I am thinking of getting the LE, but since it looks like the Gears one, I will probably be passing and just get the regular. I hated the Gears Tin.[/quote]

the Gears and Mass Effect LE tins were the same. the game came in that cardboard case thing. but Assassin's Creed LE just put a copy of the regular edition game, green case and same SKU, into the tin. SCIV might do that too considering that they have to stuff a T-Shirt in it. but that's assuming that this tin is as big (or bigger) than the Assassin's Creed one.

:fridge:In addition to being a C.A.G., I am also a B.A.G. (Big Assed Gamer) so XL just wont cut it for me. Sure is a nice looking shirt though.

[quote name='imacgod']Any news on the GameCrazy faceplates? My store wasn't sure what I was talking about...[/QUOTE]

No but have you seen the picture? It almost looks like a faceplate skin and not an actual faceplate.

[quote name='Purkeynator']No but have you seen the picture? It almost looks like a faceplate skin and not an actual faceplate.[/quote]

That would suck ass if it was a skin.

[quote name='Purkeynator']No but have you seen the picture? It almost looks like a faceplate skin and not an actual faceplate.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. I don't know. Looks pretty faceplate-like to me. If it was a skin, I think the IR sensor, the memory card slots, and/or the power button would be holes.

I'm going to try hitting up GameCrazy this weekend, assuming I have time during the holiday. That or call sometime this week. I don't think driving 20 minutes will get me closer to an answer ;)

If anybody finds out about the faceplate in the mean time, let us know!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, me three. I'm pretty confident that its not going to be anything big. if it was, why wouldn't they have advertised it?

I'm betting it's going to be something that you can put on customizable characters, like clothing or something. Maybe the reason they haven't advertised it is because they don't have it all worked out what they're providing for online download versus keeping in game.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Is there usually a date, for GameCrazy, if you don't pre-order by, you don't get the Yoda Faceplate?[/quote]
Probably. I'd recommend doing it sooner rather than later. I went in and preordered my copy today. One thing I did was before preordering I talked to the guy about it, and he checked a book and such to see if they were set to get some faceplates (they were), so what he did was make sure to add me to this "wishlist" as he called it for the faceplates, to make sure that one of them was set aside for me.

Blockbuster/Game Rush are offering framed pictures like they did with GTA4 and GH:A. Only problem is I don't think Blockbuster will get the CE, which sucks because I would have been able to use my 20% discount and get a decent preorder bonus, but BB is so ass backwards...

damn i want that yoda faceplate. did my summer cleaning on trade-ins at EB and pre-paid for the SC4LE and Madden LE in full. a bit too early i guess.

[quote name='SlaughterX']Blockbuster/Game Rush are offering framed pictures like they did with GTA4 and GH:A. Only problem is I don't think Blockbuster will get the CE, which sucks because I would have been able to use my 20% discount and get a decent preorder bonus, but BB is so ass backwards...[/quote]

Wait, there was a pic for GH:A at Blockbuster?????

[quote name='yukafls']Wait, there was a pic for GH:A at Blockbuster?????[/quote]

Yes... you should be able to get it with just a purchase (since it's too late to preorder), they always get a certain amount in and no one preorders stuff from Blockbuster anyway...

no gamecrazys near albuquerque. i really wanted that yoda faceplate. why don't they sell online dammit? oh well, here's to more pre-order faceplates in the future.

[quote name='Vangerdahast']no gamecrazys near albuquerque. i really wanted that yoda faceplate. why don't they sell online dammit? oh well, here's to more pre-order faceplates in the future.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was avaliable online, isnt there a link in the OP? Or can you not order from that?

[quote name='Link927']I thought it was avaliable online, isnt there a link in the OP? Or can you not order from that?[/quote]
Can't order from there.

If anyone cares, Amazon is selling the LE for $85.97 shipped and is guaranteed to arrive on the 29th. Beats the 30 mile drive for me considering the shipping is pretty much tax.

[quote name='yukafls']I wanna try and get both the framed pic and the faceplate for free.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one! The art isn't amazing, but it's is respectable and definitely one of the better bonuses the stores are offering.

How to get both freebies without spending too much...

No news on the faceplate? I'm about to drive out later today since I need to be in that GameCrazy's neighborhood today.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='imacgod']I'm with you on that one! The art isn't amazing, but it's is respectable and definitely one of the better bonuses the stores are offering.

No news on the faceplate? I'm about to drive out later today since I need to be in that GameCrazy's neighborhood today.[/quote]

Buy, then sell?

[quote name='imacgod']I'm with you on that one! The art isn't amazing, but it's is respectable and definitely one of the better bonuses the stores are offering.

No news on the faceplate? I'm about to drive out later today since I need to be in that GameCrazy's neighborhood today.[/quote]
My GameCrazy told me that they will in fact have the faceplates, and if you bring it up with them they'll add you to a list so that they'll set aside a faceplate just for you.

Sometimes if I go to Blockbuster they might throw one my way. Asking works and then it doesn't work, the faceplate is another story. Everyone who works at my GC are fuck assholes. So I might just buy it there.......maybe.

Anyone know if you'll be able to get the faceplate upon payment of pre-order @ B&Ms... or do you have to wait until the 29th? I usually don't like to spend $60 on a game but this may be one of the best marketed (at least for me) games, in terms of freebies I actually would want.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='YodaEXE']My GameCrazy told me that they will in fact have the faceplates, and if you bring it up with them they'll add you to a list so that they'll set aside a faceplate just for you.[/quote]

Yea mine just told me to pester them about a week out after I pre-order it. He said that they should get them about a week before and he would be able to give it to me once he has one.

SO the 45 min drive will be worth it. Thankfully

[quote name='joshnorm']Yea mine just told me to pester them about a week out after I pre-order it. He said that they should get them about a week before and he would be able to give it to me once he has one.

SO the 45 min drive will be worth it. Thankfully[/QUOTE]

That reassures me. I'm going to be leaving for vacation on the 29th which would make picking up the game and faceplate difficult.

Hopefully the game isn't so "limited." Does GameCrazy have a time limit for me to pick up the game?

bread's done
Back