Soul Calibur IV Deals Thread (Limited Edition has T-shirt!!!)

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
Xbox 360 Exclusive - Yoda
PS3 Exclusive - Darth Vader

Standard Edition - $59.99
512iHK4xcVL._SS400_.jpg
51nh1lyQnOL._SS400_.jpg

Limited Collector's/Premium Edition - $79.99
(Xbox 360 on Left; PS3 on Right)
51Bzer2vmEL._SS400_.jpg
51PQdvRbV1L._SS400_.jpg

LCE/Premium Comes with:
Metal Case
Art book
Tournament bracket card
Soul Calibur T-shirt (XL size)
(Not listed on Amazon, but gamecrazy indicate there will also be some Exclusive Downloadable character costumes and weapons Plus custom comic book)

Release Date: July 29, 2008.

---Deals---

Game Crazy - FREE FacePlate with Pre-order. Yoda(Xbox 360) - http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12870&LF=STL Darth Vader(PS3) http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12871&LF=STL

Best Buy - Preorder & get FREE Calender! (Pics), but it probably doesn't apply to the LCE Edition, I might have to cancel.

Amazon -

Xbox 360 Standard - http://www.amazon.com/Namco-21005-Soul-Calibur-IV/dp/B000ZKDOVW/
Xbox 360 LCE/Premium - http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Calibur-IV-Premium-Edition/dp/B0017U25QY/

PS3 Standard - http://www.amazon.com/Namco-11007-Soul-Calibur-IV/dp/B000ZK7ZMQ/
PS3 LCE/Premium - http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Calibur-IV-Premium-Edition/dp/B0017U08X6/

Gamestop - Pre-Order Soul Calibur IV and receive a Soul Calibur IV key chain free!
506287_bonuslg.jpg

Circuit City - Free mini strategy guide with Pre-order. (http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=215746)

Target - Details not yet.
Wal-mart - Details not yet.

Arcade Stick - Soul Calibur Edition

PS3 http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-F.../dp/B0018OCJ60/ref=acc_glance_vg_ai_828_1_tit

Xbox 360 http://www.amazon.com/Xbox360-Fight..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1213813274&sr=1-2

Strategy Guide Limited Edition $19.79 http://www.amazon.com/SOULCALIBUR-Limited-Guide-Brady-Games/dp/0744010314
832226b.jpg

SOULCALIBUR IV Limited Edition Fighter’s Guide includes the following:
  • Complete walkthrough of the entire game.
  • CHARACTER LISTING: Detailed information on all characters, including Yoda for Xbox 360 and Darth Vader for PlayStation 3, with strategies and movelists.
  • EXPERT TACTICS: Tips on character ranges, attacks, counterattacks, and more!
  • GAME SECRETS: Unlockables revealed!
  • Limited Edition guide provides bonus game soundtrack, foldout, and much more!

hey i just found out that my local gamecrazy has yoda faceplates still in stock for anyone that gets the game! If anyone is interested ill pick up more for anyone for about 20 dollars including shipping (Usps priority mail) . PM me if interested! Paypal offers only!

Last edited by a moderator:
That reminds me, my local GC failed me today as well, is there no place to get a preorder item? I went with a friend to GC to pick up his preorder, hoping that they might have spares so I could get one as well. Of course, a preorder item for "everyone" isnt true at all. Oddly enough though, they had so many preorders that they didnt have any copies of the game avaliable o_O I think I'll drop by BBV to see if I can pick up a framed art.

Keychains are coming in by friday (most likely thurs). Corporate sent an email about it and told us this...

Ugh...This is one of the things that I hate about Gamestop, and working for them.

[quote name='Link927']Did you choose next day shipping or just regular super saver? Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe you're entitled to something if you chose next day?[/QUOTE]

I have Prime, and I took the free "Release Date Delivery" option, so it *should* have been here today. I was thinking maybe the $39.99 "deal" was the kink, but if someone else who got in on that received theirs, then I don't know what the problem is.

EDIT: Just emailed them to see what the issue is.

Well, I dont know much about Prime, so good luck. Im sure other users also are in the same dilema.

I just got back from BBV, quick look through the previewed items, went to the clerk, asked for SCIV, pulled a copy out faster than GS and the manager chiped in right behind her saying that I also recieve the framed art. I dont think they get much preorders, but I think if they keep on giving out cool preorder items, I might just buy more of my games from there ;)

Arrived at GC about 10 minutes after opening, one guy was already waiting in line to pick up his copy. It was obvious he was an employee on his day off because he was talking to the guy at the counter about store stuff. Apparently the store only got *2* faceplates, one of each style. The employee snagged the Yoda one so I ended up with the blue one.

The guy working there was -really- trying to get me to take a t-shirt instead of the faceplate, I guess they got way more preorders than first estimated so they quickly made up a bunch of shirts. I guess everyone that got there after me is getting stuck with a t-shirt. Sucks for the people that are already getting one in the LE.

[quote name='davyd']Arrived at GC about 10 minutes after opening, one guy was already waiting in line to pick up his copy. It was obvious he was an employee on his day off because he was talking to the guy at the counter about store stuff. Apparently the store only got *2* faceplates, one of each style. The employee snagged the Yoda one so I ended up with the blue one.

The guy working there was -really- trying to get me to take a t-shirt instead of the faceplate, I guess they got way more preorders than first estimated so they quickly made up a bunch of shirts. I guess everyone that got there after me is getting stuck with a t-shirt. Sucks for the people that are already getting one in the LE.[/quote]

lol.. I saw those shirts.

I feel bad for those people.

The vader skins looked really cool though.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']lol.. I saw those shirts.

I feel bad for those people.

The vader skins looked really cool though.[/quote]

Is it this one?

0ca1_1.JPG

If so.. wow, the ones we got to give away were so much better than that one

[quote name='Scorch']Is it this one?

0ca1_1.JPG

If so.. wow, the ones we got to give away were so much better than that one[/quote]

No.. thats the one thats inside the 360 premium.

THe ones that were given away were black... didnt get a great glimpse. but they looked pretty so-so.

I posted this in the other SCIV deal thread so I might as well post it here too. If anyone is on the fence about picking up the premium edition, I just posted a detailed review on the premium's contents. You can read it here.

What places had the extra shirt? I was at GC and all they had were the faceplates and the skins for the ps3.

[quote name='sendme']What places had the extra shirt? I was at GC and all they had were the faceplates and the skins for the ps3.[/quote]
Some gamecrazy's got shirts and some other things in if they didnt get very many faceplates.

Really wish there had been some real deals for this--$10-15 off, or a $10 gift card or something. I couldn't care less about t-shirts, skins, face plates etc.

Oh well, need to play through GTAIV before buying a new game anyway. Hopefully there will be a deal by then.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Really wish there had been some real deals for this--$10-15 off, or a $10 gift card or something. I couldn't care less about t-shirts, skins, face plates etc.[/quote]

Best Buy has it for $70, $10 less than everywhere else.

I would rather have the yoda faceplate then 10 bucks or so off. It is as of now the only face plate that I have seen that isnt going for shit loads or at one time went for shitloads on ebay that i like. I would have shit a brick if they guy told me they handed out all of the yoda faceplates when i picked mine up.

[quote name='Link927']Just wondering, since the shirt is black, is it the same one in the PS3 LE?[/quote]

I don't think so. The one given out features Yoda as well.

3ee7_1.JPG

Wow why couldn't they have given that instead of the one with the game. I think the one with the 360 could have been a little better. Also I was thinking about buying the guid. I looked at walmart but couldnt actually look at it because of the plastic around it. I thought I would check amazon before going to best buy and picking it up. I'm glad i did. at amazon it was only 23.xx total. best buy it was 29.xx for just the guid not counting tax. so is the guid really worth it? I have not bought one for a fighting game in years.

[quote name='sendme']I would rather have the yoda faceplate then 10 bucks or so off. It is as of now the only face plate that I have seen that isnt going for shit loads or at one time went for shitloads on ebay that i like. I would have shit a brick if they guy told me they handed out all of the yoda faceplates when i picked mine up.[/quote]

No.. but they will be.

Trust me :)

Ordered it online. with BB...went to pick it up, they had the wrong version pulled..so had to wait a few minutes for them to get the premium...then asked for my $10 credit since it was not ready as promised...they obliged...so premium for about $60 OTD (used a coupon too).

Sweet!

I bought the Premium edition for the PS3 at bestbuy. I didn't open it. I want to know if it includes the shirt or not cause in the back of the case it didnt mention a shirt. It says it includes comic/art book, tournament kit, and exclusive downloadable character content.

[quote name='trunks982']I bought the Premium edition for the PS3 at bestbuy. I didn't open it. I want to know if it includes the shirt or not cause in the back of the case it didnt mention a shirt. It says it includes comic/art book, tournament kit, and exclusive downloadable character content.[/quote]

Its in the tin, folded to hell and back

I got both 360 and PS3 CEs.... Basically both were free as my parent paid both of them off a couple months earlier. So pretty cool.

[quote name='Scorch']They didn't do anything for me when I called asking for more MGS bandannas for my customers, so good luck:

1-8SPEAK-TO-US (1-877-325-8687)[/quote]

So, a complaint to Gamecrazy was made.

I doubt anything will be done about it though :roll: sometime I am like "Why bother"... but I guess the BEST action is to never shop at Gamecrazy that much at all!

These damn employees at my local store didn't treat me right at all, I doubt I will shop there again!

Now I understand why people were complaining about GC about the GTA fiasco, yup, the truth is Gamecrazy will NOT give you what you thought you will get when you pre-order! Their service is BS AVOID them!!!

got it from gamestop yesterday, after realizing it was 69.99 at BB, i returned it to gamestop and got it from BB for $65 after a reward zone coupon. so i only paid $5 for the extra goodies ^_^

[quote name='trunks982']I bought the Premium edition for the PS3 at bestbuy. I didn't open it. I want to know if it includes the shirt or not cause in the back of the case it didnt mention a shirt. It says it includes comic/art book, tournament kit, and exclusive downloadable character content.[/quote]

Read again, carefully.

The shirt IS mentioned it's part of the Tournament prize.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't think so. The one given out features Yoda as well.

3ee7_1.JPG
[/quote]
:bomb::bomb::bomb: Well, consider every deal at Gamecrazy to be YMMV, cuz that seem to be THE FACT!

[quote name='trunks982']I bought the Premium edition for the PS3 at bestbuy. I didn't open it. I want to know if it includes the shirt or not cause in the back of the case it didnt mention a shirt. It says it includes comic/art book, tournament kit, and exclusive downloadable character content.[/QUOTE]

read the back a bit more carefully it mentions the shirt after the tournament card thingy

Talked to another Gamestop store, they had no clue about the keychain and said it is in the premium box. He made a point to pick one up and shake it for me and gave me that I-told-you-so-dumbass look. I proceeded to tell him it is a dry erase marker for the tournamment poster, but seemed to think I was lying. Whatever, I'll check back Friday as the previous post stated, maybe I'll get lucky.

so apparently at fred meyer if you buy soul calibur iv you can get a free t-shirt (XL only) on any version of sc iv. just got a t-shirt at the lynnwood, wa fred meyer.

[quote name='Link927']Hmmm, is the guide worth it? And what exactly is the different between LE and regular?[/quote]

LE is leatherbound and comes with the soundtrack.

[quote name='doodofdoods']LE is leatherbound and comes with the soundtrack.[/quote]

It's not leather, more like a sturdy dust jacket. And it has a (arguably) nicer cover.

Picked up the art from BB. The frame is really nice, faux wood plastic. Art itself is nice too.

Was deciding between this or the Best Buy extra. Kinda glad I chose this one.

[quote name='artego']Picked up the art from BB. The frame is really nice, faux wood plastic. Art itself is nice too.

Was deciding between this or the Best Buy extra. Kinda glad I chose this one.[/quote]

Coulda gotten the Best Buy mini calender too. Since you got the mini-calender at time of pre-order, it wasn't too hard to "return" the pre-order while keeping the calender. Morally/Ethically though, I can understand having some complications there.

Myself, I preordered at the local hollywood video. Clerk said they got a memo saying they should get the pre-order bonuses in, so I pre-ordered. There was no bonus. Definitely wish I went with Blockbuster instead.

[quote name='Nyquil']so apparently at fred meyer if you buy soul calibur iv you can get a free t-shirt (XL only) on any version of sc iv. just got a t-shirt at the lynnwood, wa fred meyer.[/quote]You got a pic of that T-shirt?

[quote name='artego']Picked up the art from BB. The frame is really nice, faux wood plastic. Art itself is nice too.

Was deciding between this or the Best Buy extra. Kinda glad I chose this one.[/quote]

Its a nice frame. I want to pull the art out of it and put my pictures inside. Anyone have luck doing this? Its stapled together! :bomb:

[quote name='makstaks']Its a nice frame. I want to pull the art out of it and put my pictures inside. Anyone have luck doing this? Its stapled together! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Haha, I noticed this too. Well, you could attempt to take out the staples and restaple it. But they look like they're somehow woven in. I just wanna take out the Blockbuster exclusive card, but you dont notice it from the front so I dont care that much anymore.

Best Buy was giving away framed art? I didn't get one! Think if I go back they would give me it?

I also updated my review of the Premium Edition tin with some in hand photos. The poster is incredible. You can see them here.

[quote name='Link927']Haha, I noticed this too. Well, you could attempt to take out the staples and restaple it. But they look like they're somehow woven in. I just wanna take out the Blockbuster exclusive card, but you dont notice it from the front so I dont care that much anymore.[/quote]

Thats some bad-ass staples holding the frame together. If you take out the staples the whole thing will come apart! Grrr

[quote name='BlueSwim']Best Buy was giving away framed art? I didn't get one! Think if I go back they would give me it?
[/quote]

The framed art is only at Blockbuster.

[quote name='makstaks']The framed art is only at Blockbuster.[/quote]

That's good. Glad I didn't get screwed out of it.

I was going to order this from Play-Asia, but then with the huge delay, I'm glad I didn't. And then I realized how much I can be a sucker for Limited Editions and how desperate I am for a new game in the summer, so I ordered the premium edition from Amazon :) Can't wait to play this with my EX2 stick that is coming in!

[quote name='BlueSwim']Best Buy has it for $70, $10 less than everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

No interest in the premium version.

[quote name='sendme']I would rather have the yoda faceplate then 10 bucks or so off. It is as of now the only face plate that I have seen that isnt going for shit loads or at one time went for shitloads on ebay that i like. I would have shit a brick if they guy told me they handed out all of the yoda faceplates when i picked mine up.[/QUOTE]

Not me. I don't ebay etc. so I don't care that it may be worth something some day. I try not to pick up extra crap like that as it just ends up getting tossed when I move etc.

But no biggy, I'm not dying to play the game, so I can wait for a deal or maybe just get into other games this fall and never bother picking it up. That's the cost of $60 games, I buy much less at launch and thus more games fall through the cracks as I get into other games and never get around to picking them up.

bread's done
Back