SoulCalibur IV - (10.17.08) - Vader/Yoda DLC set to release on 10/23 [400 points]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it's faster than it sounds... rounds go by fast in SC and alot of stuff happens during those rounds. play alot for about a week and you can probably say you have most of the achievements.

I'm just hoping now that it gets trophies on the PS3.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm hoping they have them for PS3. Having that stuff really adds a lot of replay value to the game IMO.

Spoilers i guess about story maybe..

I'm looking at #34 Hero King.
Is that algol. So is he is the king that created soul calibur after all?

might be true... I think it's going to be hard to say until we get closer to release.

the story of the blade being created was mentioned in Soul Blade, but I barely remember it.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']What ever happened to that green dude from SCII anyway? Necrid? Was that his name?[/QUOTE]

Mcfarlane lost a bet.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']jk... he was a guest character design from mcfarlane. only way he'll come back is if mcfarlane comes back.[/quote]

Oh, alright. I didn't think he was too bad either, I'm quite surprised I remembered his fucking name to be honest.

Those achievements seem easy enough to get. But I can see myself having alittle trouble with getting those online achievements.

Also I think I'm just going to go with the regular SC IV. The only thing I might like that comes with the LE is that artbook. But I doubt it'll be worth the extra $20.

Do we have confirmation on what the LE bonuses/downloads are yet. I'm trying to decide if I can be cheap... The whole ""tournament kit" (no idea what that actually is) and access to "extra customization content"." mentioned a while ago don't appear to be mentioned on most preorder pages. Is that scratched, and now it's the T-shirt and artbook?

Looks like the tourney kit is still there, but it's just a tourney bracket card. What about the customization content though?

SC IV for 360 HDD is required

SC IV for PS3 requires a 6.5 GB install + 2 GB game save file

So is the word on the street...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the LE isn't worth it. even if the DLC isn't available to purchase outside of the LE, just get the regular and wait for the LE to drop in price.[/quote]

True, I'm sure the artbook won't be that great. I'd rather wait for a real artbook or something. But I still might get the LE guide if I see it cheap.

[quote name='MarkMan']SC IV for 360 HDD is required

So is the word on the street...[/quote]

6.5 GB install? I don't even have 6 GB available on my hard drive. Looks like I won't even be renting it to try out Darth Vader.....

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']True, I'm sure the artbook won't be that great. I'd rather wait for a real artbook or something. But I still might get the LE guide if I see it cheap.[/QUOTE]

It prolly won't. I have the SC2 artbook, and while it has some nice stuff in it, it was free with preorder, so I judge it less harshly.

[quote name='MarkMan']SC IV for 360 HDD is required

So is the word on the street...[/quote]

#-o

I don't know who I'll use. I haven't played a SC game since the 2nd game. So I'll probably spend a lot of time messing around with different characters until I find someone I'm good with.

I'm gonna tier whore my first few weeks playing the game... that's how I usually do it.

Eventually I'm gonna end up using Yoshimitsu, Cervy, and Ivy... like I usually do.

Face-plate-soul-calibur-2.jpg

preorderbox360.jpg

preorderboxPS3.jpg

http://www.ubi.com/UK/News/Info.aspx?nId=5318

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah that is the nicest faceplate I've ever seen to be honest.[/quote]
Yeah, I thought the face plates for Eternal Sonata(another namcobandai game) were nice as well. I wonder who they have making them...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I know this is the wrong thread, but alongside the SCIV achvmnts... the ones in XBLA SC are too easy, I got all but 2 within less than 45 min >_< too easy![/quote]

I wish I could grow up and be like you.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I know this is the wrong thread, but alongside the SCIV achvmnts... the ones in XBLA SC are too easy, I got all but 2 within less than 45 min >_< too easy![/quote]
I guess they would be for someone like you.:p But I can see where you are coming from. The only achievement that seemed hard to me is "Noble Soul." I don't see myself beating the game on Ultra hard without losing anytime soon.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I guess they would be for someone like you.:p But I can see where you are coming from. The only achievement that seemed hard to me is "Noble Soul." I don't see myself beating the game on Ultra hard without losing anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

noble soul was pretty easy.. the hardest one I'd say was the one where you have to deflect 25 consecutive attacks.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']noble soul was pretty easy.. the hardest one I'd say was the one where you have to deflect 25 consecutive attacks.[/quote]
I thought that was pretty easy(much easier then I thought it would be). It just took a couple tries.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']noble soul was pretty easy.. the hardest one I'd say was the one where you have to deflect 25 consecutive attacks.[/QUOTE]

The hardest one is Close Call because I'm too good.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The faceplate in that picture isn't for the US?[/quote]
Nope, atleast not yet. It's a pre-order deal for play.com over the UK.

bread's done
Back