Splinter Cell Conviction (360) $46.99 (PC) $41.99 after coupon at Amazon

Ragingbull2380

CAGiversary!
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/media/gameimages/live_238.jpg[/rightimg]Use coupon code SPLINTER to get $5 off any version of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction. This brings the 360 version down to $46.99 and the PC version to $41.99. The coupon also works on the Limited Edition.

iconamazon.gif
Splinter Cell Conviction (360) $46.99 (PC) $41.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I locked the C.E. in when it was still $69.99 (and not $79.99), so just e-mailed CS to see if they could apply it for me. Shouldn't have a problem. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Enfuze']I can't decide if I'd rather use my Battlefield BC2 gift certificate or save it for Red Dead.

Speaking of Red Dead, anyone know why the price has yet to show up on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean, it's been up for months. It's $56.99 FYI...

[quote name='Brother Daz']email their CS, I'm sure you'll have no problems having them apply it to your order.[/QUOTE]

You were totally right, they applied it. Glad I tried. :)

I had no interest in this, but for $36.99 (after $10 GOW3 credit), I can play it for a couple days and if it's not a keeper, sell it for more than I paid on half.com. These Amazon coupons and credits are almost making it too easy to make impulse buys.

e-mail sent.

Was thinking about canceling and getting it down the road but the game will be coming so cheap I'm keeping it. Thanks op, they haven't had many coupon codes likes this for awhile. Now we just need wal-mart to offer a GC and have amazon match it. What was ODST, like 15$ off with a credit afterwards or something? I forget, I just know it was crazy cheap.

Thanks for this, pre-ordered yesterday with a 5 dollar gift card. So I canceled my order today and used the coupon code for another 5 bucks off. Just Cause 2 for 45 at K-mart and this for 47 on Amazon have made it a good start to my week. :D

Email sent requesting them to add the code to an existing pre-order. It is an old ECA order that already has multiple things shipped and that I recently just applied a $40 gift card too so hopefully it isn't too complicated.

You'll probably have to dust your CAG account/brain off first, but did anyone else preorder this from GoGamer last June when they offered it (360 Standard Edition) for $44.90? After I saw this, I decided to check on my status for the GoGamer order, but it's just not there. Nothing is. I found my ancient confirmation email for it, but no subsequent cancellation notices or anything about release date changes. So to be safe, I preordered here (virtually the same total with shipping for the GoGamer order factored in) and fired off a cancellation request to their customer service. Still afraid I'll somehow end up with two copies next month.

Anyway, I'm sorry for taking your time, as there were probably five people that preordered Conviction then and four of them are probably permabanned by now.

i just canceled my pre-order 2 days ago to use my other $10 credit. I had another $10 credit so i'm getting it $20 off. Damn $26.99 sounds better than $31.99. oh well....

Thanks OP. Customer service applied the discount to my preorder no problem. With the promo and my old ME2 credit the price is down to 36.99 for me.

$46.99 looks good, although I haven't tried the demo yet nor have I played a single Splinter Cell game in my life.

Placed my pre-order with the code, I have a couple of weeks to decide whether or not to keep it, thanks OP.

EDIT:

I accidentally pressed enter than the Apply button after typing in SPLINTER, but the order went through and the code was applied, whew.

Amazing deal and just had to buy. I figure if a better deal comes along just cancel it and order from wherever the better deal is.

This is why I love Amazon though, they don't charge til they ship so for any pre-orders you may as well lock-in their deal and cancel is something better comes along.

I was about to pre-order when I saw UltraMystery's advice. I thank you for providing me with the wisdom to know who the real enemies are. Viva la....whatever.

[quote name='n00bie']I was about to pre-order when I saw UltraMystery's advice. I thank you for providing me with the wisdom to know who the real enemies are. Viva la....whatever.[/QUOTE]

It's really sad to see the enemy list growing. At least Activision doesn't make good games, but I grew up with Rayman and always liked Ubisoft so it hurts to have them pull this. At least some companies got the message (particularly after spore). But between all the DRM and exploitive DLC nonsense, it seems like almost nobody is innocent anymore. Except Atlus, which is always 100% fan friendly so I go out of my way to buy Atlus games. Sega has also been making a nice comeback.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Sega has also been making a nice comeback.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to hardcore yakuza fans.

It might sound hypocritical of me but while game companies can piss me off(heavy drm, cut content, awful game support etc), I'm not going to bother boycotting them.

[quote name='Vortextk']Tell that to hardcore yakuza fans.

It might sound hypocritical of me but while game companies can piss me off(heavy drm, cut content, awful game support etc), I'm not going to bother boycotting them.[/QUOTE]

What did they do wrong with Yakuza? I was thrilled just to have them release it here.

Oh nice, I was planning on using my credit from GoW3 and Just Cause 2 on it. This will knock the price down to $21 for me, plus I should have a $5 GC from swagbucks to use on it as well.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']What did they do wrong with Yakuza? I was thrilled just to have them release it here.[/QUOTE]

Cut like 4-5 mini games, 20~ side quests and completely failed to mention anything but two of the mini games like two weeks before the US release.

Thanks, OP! You just made a $30 purchase into a $25 purchase. They'll write songs about you someday, you brave, brave cheapassgamer.

I have release date shipping on this from my (now expired) Amazon Prime trial, so hopefully customer service can apply the code and I can still keep release date shipping. If not, I'll take slow shipping to save $5.

Thanks OP!

in for one. great to be a CAG!

and i didnt realize that this wasnt coming out for ps3. is it a 360 exclusive or is amazon just not taking preorders for ps3?

[quote name='dc_fortythree']in for one. great to be a CAG!

and i didnt realize that this wasnt coming out for ps3. is it a 360 exclusive or is amazon just not taking preorders for ps3?[/QUOTE]
360/pc exclusive.

[quote name='dc_fortythree']in for one. great to be a CAG!

and i didnt realize that this wasnt coming out for ps3. is it a 360 exclusive or is amazon just not taking preorders for ps3?[/QUOTE]

Its 360 exclusive.

I keep getting the error "We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I want to get this for PC (don't have a 360), and after my $5 GC, I can get it for $36.99 which is a great price. The only thing holding me back is that I do not want to support UBI's insanely ridiculous DRM.[/QUOTE]
This.

[quote name='jerryyeti']I keep getting the error "We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."[/QUOTE]
I kept getting this same error. I think the problem was I had a $5 promotional credit already in my account that Amazon had given me. I spent that credit this morning on another game and the $5 coupon finally worked for SC Conviction (although I was still getting the error code).

Thanks again op.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']No way in hell I'm buying this after Ubisoft's DRM debacle. Anyone who gives a damn about the gaming industry should be boycotting every single Ubisoft game.[/QUOTE]

You probably should have said "boycott Ubisoft PC games." Their DRM stupidity does not effect consoles. While we're at it let's boycott Activision and EA too, now all you can play is 1st party games. Oh Wait, Sony has had their share of DRM debacles over the years including a recent one where most PS3 games couldn't be played for 24 hours, so I guess we should boycott the PS3 too. Enjoy playing Nintendo everyone, oh, but don't forget your friend codes.

Welcome to the new millennium. Content owners will do whatever they think they can to stop piracy, though it's inevitably all in vain and just pisses off consumers.

[quote name='Lucian']I have release date shipping on this from my (now expired) Amazon Prime trial, so hopefully customer service can apply the code and I can still keep release date shipping. If not, I'll take slow shipping to save $5.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
Sweet! Customer service took care of applying the $5 coupon and I still have release date delivery, too.

Nice, got my Just Cause 15 credit already, so I applied that, and this $5 one. $31.99, no tax, release day shipping...thank you amazon

Tempted to get. But I don't want to use my $10 credit on this since I'm still undecided if I want it. Plus Ubisoft games drop in price really quickly.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']ok, my SCC order has the ECA triple stacking, if I email the CS representative, will the ECA be gone?[/QUOTE]

Probably not but I wouldn't get greedy. You're already getting 30% off the game.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']ok, my SCC order has the ECA triple stacking, if I email the CS representative, will the ECA be gone?[/QUOTE]

Got the $5 off mine fine.

No. When they added it to my ECA order, it just added another promo line subtracting an additional 5 dollars. That was perfect as I then didn't lose 30% of the 5 code like I would have if it lowered the price of the game itself

[quote name='raiser']You probably should have said "boycott Ubisoft PC games." Their DRM stupidity does not effect consoles. While we're at it let's boycott Activision and EA too, now all you can play is 1st party games. Oh Wait, Sony has had their share of DRM debacles over the years including a recent one where most PS3 games couldn't be played for 24 hours, so I guess we should boycott the PS3 too. Enjoy playing Nintendo everyone, oh, but don't forget your friend codes.

Welcome to the new millennium. Content owners will do whatever they think they can to stop piracy, though it's inevitably all in vain and just pisses off consumers.[/QUOTE]

I think it does effect consoles as I remember hearing they were making it so you had to be connected to the server to play the game. Maybe I am thinking of another company or game, but I could of sworn I heard that somewhere.

Had a couple promo credits to use. $16.99 with release day delivery for me after everything was applied. Thanks OP

bread's done
Back