Splinter Cell Conviction (360) $46.99 (PC) $41.99 after coupon at Amazon

Ragingbull2380

CAGiversary!
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/media/gameimages/live_238.jpg[/rightimg]Use coupon code SPLINTER to get $5 off any version of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction. This brings the 360 version down to $46.99 and the PC version to $41.99. The coupon also works on the Limited Edition.

iconamazon.gif
Splinter Cell Conviction (360) $46.99 (PC) $41.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Metalic']Wanted to like this game but its turned into a TPS with stealth instead of just a stealth game in itself. Shame.[/QUOTE]

TPS with stealth? I'm in. Nothing I really want besides I prefer to use my stuff on soon-to-be released games rather than months in advance. It's only $37 for me and it's TIV should be around that for a few weeks.

EDIT: Changed my mind and used my $10 credit for MS points. I would have bought it but UbiSoft games drop quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jonsoncao']ok, my SCC order has the ECA triple stacking, if I email the CS representative, will the ECA be gone?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by triple stacking?

Got mine. Glad too. The demo was pretty cool in my opinion. Of course now it's a question of whether or not this game will live up to my expectations.

Bah! I still want this game, but out of sheer principle I refuse to buy the PC version because of that damnable DRM! :bomb:

It's times like these I almost wish I had a 360...almost.

Thanks for this! Had the LE preordered for a while now at $69.99 with free two day shipping from the Prime trial so I didn't want to cancel to get the $5 off and emailed them about it. Just got the reply today that they took it off, so LE for $64.99!

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Bah! I still want this game, but out of sheer principle I refuse to buy the PC version because of that damnable DRM! :bomb:

It's times like these I almost wish I had a 360...almost.[/QUOTE]

If it is a time to get a 360, this year is it with so many great games coming out, Natal and of course the insanely low sales prices on the console.

However, I'm with you on the DRM issue. I kind of didn't want to support Ubisoft even on the console for two reasons:

a) the terrible DRM on the PC version tells me they don't care about their customers at all. Yes, I do know companies are out to profit, but this is far the most obnoxious DRM that I can't forgive a company for.

b) Ubisoft games always drops to $40 within a month, and within 3-6 months will be $20!

With that said, I pre-ordered the limited edition!

[quote name='leesiulung']If it is a time to get a 360, this year is it with so many great games coming out, Natal and of course the insanely low sales prices on the console.

However, I'm with you on the DRM issue. I kind of didn't want to support Ubisoft even on the console for two reasons:

a) the terrible DRM on the PC version tells me they don't care about their customers at all. Yes, I do know companies are out to profit, but this is far the most obnoxious DRM that I can't forgive a company for.

b) Ubisoft games always drops to $40 within a month, and within 3-6 months will be $20!

With that said, I pre-ordered the limited edition![/QUOTE]

Agreed. Curse you Ubisoft! Your games depreciate in value too damn fast! BLARRGGH!

080407-025621-dramatic-gopher.jpg

Still... I want this game.

I'd like to remind people that Ubisoft games drop in price really quickly if you don't mind waiting a month or two. AC2 is already $35 on Amazon, and has been $40 for a while.

[quote name='Moravagine']No. When they added it to my ECA order, it just added another promo line subtracting an additional 5 dollars. That was perfect as I then didn't lose 30% of the 5 code like I would have if it lowered the price of the game itself[/QUOTE]
I tried to get them to apply it to my old ECA order too, but no dice. I think it's cause I tried to see if the code would work for the PC version without actually placing the order, so it's hanging around my account somewhere, which someone else said they had trouble with.

If I tried to call them, would they see that I already asked when they bring the order up and automatically say no?

[quote name='Spoit']If I tried to call them, would they see that I already asked when they bring the order up and automatically say no?[/QUOTE]

I would try an email reply first... If that doesn't work. Then call. They only do the email thing twice before they want to handle the problem via the phone and once on the phone they seem to really want to make you happy.

awesome. 5 bucks off the limited edition.

side note, on amazon is there a way to add the coupon code to an already pre ordered item? i couldnt find the option so i canceled my original pre order and re pre ordeded with the coupon code. kind of a butt hole way to do stuff but whatever.

[quote name='sublime90']awesome. 5 bucks off the limited edition.

side note, on amazon is there a way to add the coupon code to an already pre ordered item? i couldnt find the option so i canceled my original pre order and re pre ordeded with the coupon code. kind of a butt hole way to do stuff but whatever.[/QUOTE]

No, you have to either email or call. Not sure why they do it this way but they're always willing to do it.

BTW, if you're still on the fence regarding the PC version, note that one of the devs admitted in an interview that it's a console port and the 360 is the primary platform. They're really going out of their way to ensure the PC version sucks.

[quote name='Jodou']BTW, if you're still on the fence regarding the PC version, note that one of the devs admitted in an interview that it's a console port and the 360 is the primary platform. They're really going out of their way to ensure the PC version sucks.[/QUOTE]

Obisoft DRM... Need I say anymore?

[quote name='Jodou']BTW, if you're still on the fence regarding the PC version, note that one of the devs admitted in an interview that it's a console port and the 360 is the primary platform. They're really going out of their way to ensure the PC version sucks.[/QUOTE]

Aren't console sales always more than pc game sales? If that's the case, that'd only make sense.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Obisoft DRM... Need I say anymore?[/QUOTE]
It was meant as in addition to the DRM.
[quote name='kidrocklive']Aren't console sales always more than pc game sales? If that's the case, that'd only make sense.[/QUOTE]Sense, maybe. Justification, no.

[quote name='Jodou']BTW, if you're still on the fence regarding the PC version, note that one of the devs admitted in an interview that it's a console port and the 360 is the primary platform. They're really going out of their way to ensure the PC version sucks.[/QUOTE]The 360 is the primary platform for every multi-platform game (with the possible exception of Dragon Age). That doesn't really mean anything. They're all coded on the 360 first, and then ported to PC and PS3. Didn't stop Bioshock, Mass Effect, or Assassin's Creed from being good on PC. It all depends on how well they're ported.

[quote name='timobkg']The 360 is the primary platform for every multi-platform game (with the possible exception of Dragon Age). That doesn't really mean anything. They're all coded on the 360 first, and then ported to PC and PS3. Didn't stop Bioshock, Mass Effect, or Assassin's Creed from being good on PC. It all depends on how well they're ported.[/QUOTE]

It just means that the PC/PS3 version is potentially NOT as optimized as the Xbox 360. In the PC's case, you can still get considerably better graphics considering the Xbox 360 is 5-year old cutting technology.

Just send Ubisoft a message that obnoxious DRM is not tolerated by NOT buying the PC version and call it a day. Ubisoft will do whatever they do, because if history has shown anything DRM doesn't work in preventing pirates, only hinders legitimate owners and sometimes in customer backlash yet these companies try to employ more and more restricting schemes.

Don't buy it and call it a day!

[quote name='Jodou']It was meant as in addition to the DRM.
Sense, maybe. Justification, no.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the DRM has gone way too far and is uncalled for. I read about it and was like woah....

[quote name='timobkg']The 360 is the primary platform for every multi-platform game (with the possible exception of Dragon Age). That doesn't really mean anything. They're all coded on the 360 first, and then ported to PC and PS3. Didn't stop Bioshock, Mass Effect, or Assassin's Creed from being good on PC. It all depends on how well they're ported.[/QUOTE]

I guess it is a crap shoot.

I play Assassin's Creed II on the Xbox360 until my hands bled. One of the only games I got a perfect achievement score on.
After much debating, I decided to get the PC version for my above average gaming PC.
I honestly don't see any difference while playing it. The frame rate is a little slower (at 1900x1200) and the textures look sharper, but it all feels bolted on for the PC.
Even climbing and jumping across rooftops, Ezio seems to miss the mark where on the 360, it was perfect all the time.
I didn't get that feeling for AC1 on the PC.

I also enjoyed Bioshock 2 on the PC but prefer the Xbox controls so if I had to do it again...

One game that is much better on the PC is the Left 4 Dead series but that was obviously designed on the PC and ported to consoles.

Another exception, Batman AA was much better on the PC then the PS3 for me.

Long story short, I will get it on the 360 and wait for a sweet deal on the PC version if I even want to bother.
Ubisoft screwed up Double Agent on the PC so much, I don't have much hope.

E-mailed customer service about applying the coupon to existing order and they responded in less than 10 minutes (speed record for me). Got my preorder in at $27 after using two $10 promo credits and the $5 coupon. :D

Too long to read this whole thing but just in case its not been mentioned I used "SPLINTER", via a UBI email, in the code section and saved another $5.00. So you can get it $46.99 shipped.

I've never been a big fan of Splinter Cell, but I was sold on the Conviction demo the second you punch a guy's face through a toilet.

[quote name='Zimmy']I guess it is a crap shoot.

I play Assassin's Creed II on the Xbox360 until my hands bled. One of the only games I got a perfect achievement score on.
After much debating, I decided to get the PC version for my above average gaming PC.
I honestly don't see any difference while playing it. The frame rate is a little slower (at 1900x1200) and the textures look sharper, but it all feels bolted on for the PC.
Even climbing and jumping across rooftops, Ezio seems to miss the mark where on the 360, it was perfect all the time.
I didn't get that feeling for AC1 on the PC.

I also enjoyed Bioshock 2 on the PC but prefer the Xbox controls so if I had to do it again...

One game that is much better on the PC is the Left 4 Dead series but that was obviously designed on the PC and ported to consoles.

Another exception, Batman AA was much better on the PC then the PS3 for me.

Long story short, I will get it on the 360 and wait for a sweet deal on the PC version if I even want to bother.
Ubisoft screwed up Double Agent on the PC so much, I don't have much hope.[/QUOTE]

LOL, no. If you have an "above average" gaming PC, it should be running AC2 at perfect 60fps with vsynch on. Sorry that you have a crappy PC and are trying to generalize PC gaming experiences based on it.

Consoles at this point are trash. They have the equivalent of a Geforce 7xxx series card in them. Even an average gaming PC these days with an ATI 5800 series card has over 5x the GPU horsepower of a console. What I would consider an "above average" PC has multiple GPUs (ie I have a 5870 and a 5970 in crossfire for a total of 3 GPUs). Very few games (perhaps 1 in 10-20) are better on consoles than PC if you have an average or better PC.

Maybe you should upgrade from that onboard video and get a real gfx card.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear your last comment over your superiority complex and rage. Could you maybe turn the volume up on any quality thoughts you actually have?

[quote name='Vortextk']I'm sorry, I couldn't hear your last comment over your superiority complex and rage. Could you maybe turn the volume up on any quality thoughts you actually have?[/QUOTE]

Sorry that the facts are inconvenient for you. I own all the consoles to play the few top tier exclusives they get, and anyone who thinks their console is even remotely competitive with a top of the line PC is deluding himself. A lot of console games don't even run at true high definition resolutions and need to be upscaled to 720p because they are so weak. On the other hand, a good PC lets you game silky smooth at 2560x1600.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I need a trial code so I can check out the demo 1st before I order (only play single player on 360 so no gold). :([/QUOTE]

A week after a demo goes gold it usual becomes available to silver members.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Sorry that the facts are inconvenient for you. I own all the consoles to play the few top tier exclusives they get, and anyone who thinks their console is even remotely competitive with a top of the line PC is deluding himself. A lot of console games don't even run at true high definition resolutions and need to be upscaled to 720p because they are so weak. On the other hand, a good PC lets you game silky smooth at 2560x1600.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version doesn't have the 100% need to be online drm that has caused ac2 to be inaccessible for legitimate buyers. Also, just because it looks better (borderlands) doesn't make it better (shitty multiplayer matchmaking and horrible control scheme, port forwarding, no mute control until patched in later).

Some games are better on the PC (dragon age, clearly), but sometimes it's not worth the extra hassle when it's going to be a very similar experience but require both an internet connection and ubi's servers be up to play the game at a higher resolution.

I preordered the 360 version for 5 bucks more. And I get achievements, too :)

Damn PC version being delayed to the 27th of April. Im getting the PC one because my friend doesnt have a 360 and he isnt planning on getting one anytime soon, but im also not waiting 2 fuckin weeks after release to play Conviction on PC so im renting the 360 version.

OK i have a question that may be odd: I want this game but i hear Gamestop gets a shotgun as a preorder bonus. I love shotguns. Are there still shotguns in the game or is the gamestop one the only one? Thanks!

[quote name='Strider Seven']Yea I was going to preorder at GS bc of the Silenced SG. Unless I can just buy a copy from GS and return another copy and still keep the preorder bonus?[/QUOTE]

Any1 happen to do this before?

[quote name='Strider Seven']Yea I was going to preorder at GS bc of the Silenced SG. Unless I can just buy a copy from GS and return another copy and still keep the preorder bonus?[/QUOTE]
I do this all the time. I dont like Gamestop and Bestbuy gives me Rewardzone points so I choose there or Amazon.com. If you dont like the guys at your gamestop return it at any other gamestop. If a game has a code in the box you cant return a open game. This one should come with a card code.

Walmart must have matched the $5 coupon code. You can buy it for 49.96 + a $10 E-GC for Xbox only. PC version is still 59.96.
Either way tax + shipping nearly eliminates any savings over Amazon.

Here it is though in case anyone wants it from Walmart.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Whats in the LE version? Im leaning towards Amazon :whee:[/QUOTE]

Is it really that hard to find out?

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction Collector's Edition Bonus Items Include:

Custom USB Drive - Compatible with Xbox 360, the drive contains exclusive media including: ‘making of’ video, wallpaper, concept art, storyboards and more.
"Fifth Freedom: The Art of Splinter Cell" - A hardbound Prima book of Splinter Cell art, including all games in the series and in-depth commentary and notes.
Exclusive in-game Items - The MP5-SD3 submachine gun and an exclusive 3rd Echelon outfit.
Collectable Decals - Exclusive Collector’s Edition decals include: 3rd Echelon logo decal and the Bullet Hole decal.
"Digging in the Ashes" Comic Book - Digital comic book detailing the sequence of events preceding Splinter Cell Conviction.
Steelbook DVD Case - Case with embossed metallic etching and iconic bullet hole imagery.

Thanks OP, I paid $51.97 total for it. It saved me $15 total, since now I don't have to pay $64.19 for the retail version, and I save $3 that I would have spent on bus fair or gas money to go to the mall to pick this up.

so to you OP you get a standing ovation from me :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:.

Quick/dumb question: Is there anyway for me to enter this coupon without re-ordering it? I used one of my $10 credits coupled with my Goldbox to get a decent price. An extra $5 off would be icing on the cake!

E-mail them. Help button, e-mail, put in your order number and select a subject(the one about orders or promotions I guess) then let them know that you would like that coupon applied to your order. Done.

Has this expired? Was holding out to see if TRU or BB had a deal. Now when I go to pre-order and use the code it says the promo code is expired.

[quote name='sdcranford']Has this expired? Was holding out to see if TRU or BB had a deal. Now when I go to pre-order and use the code it says the promo code is expired.[/QUOTE]
Seems like you answered your own question.

[quote name='sdcranford']Has this expired? Was holding out to see if TRU or BB had a deal. Now when I go to pre-order and use the code it says the promo code is expired.[/QUOTE]

For future reference I would never wait this long unless you just didn't care about getting the game right around release. Canceling an amazon order takes you a few seconds so when they do have such a heavy discount(or very high VG credit after purchase) it's best to put in a pre-order and then see if anyone else tops it.

bread's done
Back