Splinter Cell: Conviction, $40, KMart Apr. 20th-26th

[quote name='DIMONDA85']how do you get them to stack?[/QUOTE]

I did 15NEW and then 10AUTO and kept refreshing the page until they were both applied.

I've tried several K-Marts for this deal in NoVa and absolutley no stock. Never had any luck with K-Mart sales. It's nice they are trying I guess, but with the service I've had there trying to get things on release day (Just Cause 2) or this deal, not making me rethink my attitude towards K-Mart. Nice to see that some people had some luck though.

[quote name='thehoweller']Good going SHC, keep motivating us caring-lemmings that still work for Kmart.

If you're not afraid to order online through Gamestop...Buy it there.

Use the coupon code 25OFF, add $100 of items to your cart to activate it, then remove the unwanted games.
Also use the code SAVER for free shipping...And lastly your edge card if you have one.

You'll end up with 35% off of a $60 game...Should put you near the same price point.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Just ordered Lost Planet 2 and Red Dead Redemption for $89

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']Only K-Mart I know of is on White Plains Rd in the Bronx.[/QUOTE]

There is one in Co-op City.

Well I tried calling the K-Mart closest to me and I got the "online deal" response. Dunno if I should try PMing at BB or not. Probably get shot down.

-

Pretty rude employee in Electronics today. I asked for the new Tom Clancy game and I was just having a huge brain fart about what the next words should be that come out of my mouth and he said, "You want a game and you don't know what the title is? That's pretty crazy, bro." I told him it was a new release that came out last week, with a scowl, then finally remembered Splinter Cell. He walked over to the case to get me a copy and I noticed when he pulled it out, the shrink wrap was open at the top. I asked if I could have the other copy and he said "Oh, this hasn't been opened, it just gets torn when we put it on the case (WTF is he talking about, getting torn at the top of the game from the case?) I acknowledged that, but still asked if I could get the other copy. He scoffed and said, "Whatever turns you on."

When I was ready to pay, I pulled out one of the 10 dollars off 20 dollars coupon (This actually did work last week for me on Reasonance of Fate) and he said they can't take it anymore. I said that's cool, and said "That's funny, it worked last week all right" in a sort of small talk way. He said, "No, it didn't." I looked at him, told him I wasn't a liar and walked out. Honestly, I was going to pick up the game without using the coupon if they turned me down, but I had about enough of this guy.

Anyway, I went to Big Lots so I thought I'd call the store and speak to the manager. He apologized profusely and also offered to honor my coupon for a one time exception to compensate for my experience with the electronics clerk, which was something I absolutely was not expecting. Very professional manager, and he even had the game waiting up at customer service for me. I got it for 33.XX after tax. Good sale and good relations on the part of the store manager! I'll try to support K-Mart endeavors to appeal to the gaming demographic.

Got the last copy at the KMart near me in Virginia for $40. There was a sale sticker on the glass of the games case, and it rang up correctly, so I had no trouble getting the deal. Thanks OP!

Got denied at my first K-Mart and the employee was a total moron, Splinter Cell: Conviction never heard of it. Went to a further away K-Mart and the girl working in electronics was nice and helpful. Walked out with SC:C for 39.99 plus tax. Thanks OP.

Got a copy in Phoenix area off baseline rd at about 4pm today. Marked and rang up as $39.99 Sorry to hear about your experience Sonic. I tell those kinds of douchebags off anytime they get all smartass with me. But I have anger issues so nice job keeping your cool and getting an extra $10 off!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Pretty rude employee in Electronics today. I asked for the new Tom Clancy game and I was just having a huge brain fart about what the next words should be that come out of my mouth and he said, "You want a game and you don't know what the title is? That's pretty crazy, bro." I told him it was a new release that came out last week, with a scowl, then finally remembered Splinter Cell. He walked over to the case to get me a copy and I noticed when he pulled it out, the shrink wrap was open at the top. I asked if I could have the other copy and he said "Oh, this hasn't been opened, it just gets torn when we put it on the case (WTF is he talking about, getting torn at the top of the game from the case?) I acknowledged that, but still asked if I could get the other copy. He scoffed and said, "Whatever turns you on."

When I was ready to pay, I pulled out one of the 10 dollars off 20 dollars coupon (This actually did work last week for me on Reasonance of Fate) and he said they can't take it anymore. I said that's cool, and said "That's funny, it worked last week all right" in a sort of small talk way. He said, "No, it didn't." I looked at him, told him I wasn't a liar and walked out. Honestly, I was going to pick up the game without using the coupon if they turned me down, but I had about enough of this guy.

Anyway, I went to Big Lots so I thought I'd call the store and speak to the manager. He apologized profusely and also offered to honor my coupon for a one time exception to compensate for my experience with the electronics clerk, which was something I absolutely was not expecting. Very professional manager, and he even had the game waiting up at customer service for me. I got it for 33.XX after tax. Good sale and good relations on the part of the store manager! I'll try to support K-Mart endeavors to appeal to the gaming demographic.[/QUOTE]
What a douchebag, I'd complain and DEMAND to talk to someone, give some sort of awful feedback, SOMETHING to teach that jerk a lesson.

Makes me so mad man, I totally empathize.

Rang up at 59.99 in Jacksonville, Florida (store on San Jose Blvd). They told me I had to bring in solid, hard proof of the promo. Problem is there is only the mykmart blog...

KMart in Des Plaines, IL had it for 39.99. It wasn't marked and the kid at the register was like, "Bro, it just came out, it's 59.99." I asked if he could please just try. He pointed at the sticker on the case and was like, "See? 59.99". I asked if it would be too much trouble to just ring it. He says, "NP, my friend says it's great blah blah blah", then he rings it. He looks shocked and says, "It rings 39.99!" Then runs over and grabs another copy for himself I'm guessing. Awesome heads up on the promo, thanks so much!!

Also went to the Des Plaines, IL store... The lady was like hmmm thats weird how come its ringing up 39.99. Then she was like whatever. I just stood there and was like "I Love cheapassgamer.com" cant beat 40 bucks for Splinter Cell. Thanks for the awesome post.

[quote name='randomevent']Rang up at 59.99 in Jacksonville, Florida (store on San Jose Blvd). They told me I had to bring in solid, hard proof of the promo. Problem is there is only the mykmart blog...[/QUOTE]
I will email the store right now; if you would like me to send them your name in order to hold a copy please email me at [email protected]

[quote name='gunstar808']Well I tried calling the K-Mart closest to me and I got the "online deal" response. Dunno if I should try PMing at BB or not. Probably get shot down.

-[/QUOTE]
Offshore locations had a default exclusion in the promo (to be honest I did not know about it). I had them remove it and it should be live tomorrow, thank you for the heads up.

[quote name='L1nXcuRAG3']No deal at Conway, SC K-Mart, rang up 59.99[/QUOTE]
Following up with the store now, for any store issues please email me directly so I get the ping on my black berry immediately :) [email protected]

[quote name='evilsavant']I've tried several K-Marts for this deal in NoVa and absolutley no stock. Never had any luck with K-Mart sales. It's nice they are trying I guess, but with the service I've had there trying to get things on release day (Just Cause 2) or this deal, not making me rethink my attitude towards K-Mart. Nice to see that some people had some luck though.[/QUOTE]
I too tried two locations in Northern Virginia area. They never have any of these games in stock?!! Also, one location didn't even have an electronics department employee?? I stood there for at least 15-20mins looking around with no assistance... Oh well, wish I could have picked up the game for this price.. :/

[quote name='Mister Lucky']I too tried two locations in Northern Virginia area. They never have any of these games in stock?!! Also, one location didn't even have an electronics department employee?? I stood there for at least 15-20mins looking around with no assistance... Oh well, wish I could have picked up the game for this price.. :/[/QUOTE]

Generally at K-Mart, they seem to make the Electronics dept employee do double duty, especially if the store is under staffed or not busy.

My bf used to work there a long time ago, and on slow times they would usually have him straighten the adjacent departments, or if a customer came over for help in one of those adjacent departments, they usually want you to help them.

I agree that if they are going to lock the cases up, then they need someone there 100% of the time. It took me about 15 minutes this morning to flag someone down so they could flag down the electronics employee.

Next time just go to the customer service desk, there is ALWAYS someone there who can call them.

[quote name='animalspinners']Generally at K-Mart, they seem to make the Electronics dept employee do double duty, especially if the store is under staffed or not busy.

My bf used to work there a long time ago, and on slow times they would usually have him straighten the adjacent departments, or if a customer came over for help in one of those adjacent departments, they usually want you to help them.

I agree that if they are going to lock the cases up, then they need someone there 100% of the time. It took me about 15 minutes this morning to flag someone down so they could flag down the electronics employee.

Next time just go to the customer service desk, there is ALWAYS someone there who can call them.[/QUOTE]
The glass cases are my nemesis; I hate them. One day......

I am totally going to have an Office Space moment and brutally destroy one of these out in a field somewhere.

Wanted to post the status of the offer after day 1.

We saw over a significant boost in sales yesterday! Thank you for helping make the case to do these types of promos more often!

Just want to be completely upfront with you all, we are currently out of stock in a little over 5% of the chain however due to yesterday's sales.

Lastly, we removed a default exclusion to our off shore stores that should be resolved in the field tomorrow and please continue to email directly for any issues at store level [email protected]

Thanks!

BTW - I've got something cooking with Square Enix for the first week of May in lieu of this success!!!! I'll release the info next week.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Wanted to post the status of the offer after day 1.

We saw over a significant boost in sales yesterday! Thank you for helping make the case to do these types of promos more often!

Just want to be completely upfront with you all, we are currently out of stock in a little over 5% of the chain however due to yesterday's sales.
[/QUOTE]

I gotta admit, if you talked to me a month ago, I would have told you K-Mart was the last place I'd ever go for a new release, or hell, video games period (because I'm not interested in the clearance, I got enough to play). And the sad part is, the local K-Mart is about ~2 minutes away, and I'd drive past it to go to Gamestop or Best Buy (or just skip them all for Amazon).

But between Just Cause 2, Resonance of Fate, and now Splinter Cell, it seems I go in at least once a week now and pick up a semi new release at a sizable discount. So I'd say you are definitely doing a great job, you've completely killed all your competitors (even Amazon!) 3 times now, and I hope all these deals continue. Thanks!

Nice SCH, I normally don't shop at Kmart and this promo got me to walk into the store in which I also bought some chips and spaghetti sauce for dinner. If they do promos like this more often they will certainly get more of my business. Since CAGs and myself are video game and DVD/bluray whores, this may be good for their business.

[quote name='animalspinners']I gotta admit, if you talked to me a month ago, I would have told you K-Mart was the last place I'd ever go for a new release, or hell, video games period (because I'm not interested in the clearance, I got enough to play). And the sad part is, the local K-Mart is about ~2 minutes away, and I'd drive past it to go to Gamestop or Best Buy (or just skip them all for Amazon).

But between Just Cause 2, Resonance of Fate, and now Splinter Cell, it seems I go in at least once a week now and pick up a semi new release at a sizable discount. So I'd say you are definitely doing a great job, you've completely killed all your competitors (even Amazon!) 3 times now, and I hope all these deals continue. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Really means a lot to hear that thank you. We've got a ton of work to do in fixing up our store experience but I'm definitely coming in new to the position and looking to shake things up :)

I picked it up from my local Independence, MO K-Mart - marked at 59.99, rang up as 39.99.

I was planning on waiting for a $20-$30 price point, especially due to the early reports of such a short single player campaign, but I've heard enough good things since then that I couldn't turn down this price.

[quote name='DIMONDA85']Picked up SC:C and Resonance of fate for a total of.....$62 dollars! Woo-hoo!

Both had 59.99 stickers

SC:C: 59.99 - 20.00 sale - $10 off $20 or more coupon = 29.99

Resonance of Fate: 59.99 - $22 mark down - $10 off $20 or more coupon = 27.99

I was waiting for RoF to hit $20 but I guess this isn't a bad deal. More games for the backlog.

Now to flip my CE that I bought from BB for $53.99[/QUOTE]

What's this $10 off $20 coupon?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Really means a lot to hear that thank you. We've got a ton of work to do in fixing up our store experience but I'm definitely coming in new to the position and looking to shake things up :)[/QUOTE]

I also want to give my thanks for the work you are doing. Went with a buddy yesterday and we both picked this up. Had a blast playing CoOp yesterday.

Thanks!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will email the store right now; if you would like me to send them your name in order to hold a copy please email me at [email protected][/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I'll have time to get to K-mart today. If I do go in though, should everything be square? I know I'll be able to get there tomorrow, but not today.

SHC-Gamer

Is there anyway to look up if a store has it in stock online? Aside from having to call every store directly? I didn't see anything on the website specifically.

Thanks.

[quote name='evilsavant']SHC-Gamer

Is there anyway to look up if a store has it in stock online? Aside from having to call every store directly? I didn't see anything on the website specifically.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I wish there was; you can at Sears, but that functionality has not been built yet for Kmart.

stopped in Hutchinson, KS store was stickered at 59.99 no sale signs in the store but rang up 39.99.

thank you kmart

Last edited by a moderator:
went to a kmart close to my house....said they only get 2-3 copies of new games when they come out...i was a little surprised by that answer

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Pretty rude employee in Electronics today. I asked for the new Tom Clancy game and I was just having a huge brain fart about what the next words should be that come out of my mouth and he said, "You want a game and you don't know what the title is? That's pretty crazy, bro." I told him it was a new release that came out last week, with a scowl, then finally remembered Splinter Cell. He walked over to the case to get me a copy and I noticed when he pulled it out, the shrink wrap was open at the top. I asked if I could have the other copy and he said "Oh, this hasn't been opened, it just gets torn when we put it on the case (WTF is he talking about, getting torn at the top of the game from the case?) I acknowledged that, but still asked if I could get the other copy. He scoffed and said, "Whatever turns you on."

Anyway, I went to Big Lots so I thought I'd call the store and speak to the manager. He apologized profusely and also offered to honor my coupon for a one time exception to compensate for my experience with the electronics clerk, which was something I absolutely was not expecting. Very professional manager, and he even had the game waiting up at customer service for me. I got it for 33.XX after tax. Good sale and good relations on the part of the store manager! I'll try to support K-Mart endeavors to appeal to the gaming demographic.[/QUOTE]
I dont know how you maintained...I would had a court date cause I would've broken his jaw lol

It's priced $59.99 at our store, but it rings up $39.99. Anyway I can get this price matched to get $20 bucks from my purchase at Best Buy? Any form of real evidence I can show Best Buy's customer service so they believe me?

Use the new improved K-Mart coupon and save $10 more. Bought a copy in Chicago for $30.
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/kmart.com\
Coupon is on the link page above.

Coupon says VALID AT ALL KMART STORE LOCATIONS.

Just a friendly reminder...don't get greedy and ruin the deal, use the coupon for one game and keep it cool. Enjoy!

Yeah thats right. when I asked the dude how much it was he said it was $60. But then I asked him to scan it, and it came out to $39.99 plus tax 9.75% in Cali.

The K-Mart on Indian Ripple Road in Dayton, OH had 8 in stock after I bought one today around 6. They were stickered $39.99. Picked one up with no problems.

Someone else there was excited about finding Resonance of Fate for $37, down from $60, but I haven't heard anything about this game, yet.

I wonder if I can take my receipt to get a price match then return the K-Mart copy. I have Reward Zone coupons burning a hole in my pocket.

I just had my buddy pick it up at store #3796 in Greenbelt, MD. It rang up at the full price of $59.99. However the customer service rep was kind enough to match the price after explaining the situation. Could you possibly email this store and advise them about the special so no one else will have the same problem? He spent about 40 mins to get the issue resolved. Thanks for the great deal though!

bread's done
Back