Splinter Cell: Conviction, $40, KMart Apr. 20th-26th

Went to a store in Omaha and finally got it done with. I'm sorry but outside of SHC-Gamer they're customer service is just god awful. My girlfriend called in advance to see if they could hold the game and they gave her so much lip and attitude about coming in at a certain time or else they couldn't hold it, I was tempted to say screw this and pay the extra 20 dollars to not have to deal with the attitude we both received. Once at the store I had to search the store for 10 minutes just to find someone to help me then the guy was dumbfounded to see that the game was $40. If your going to run a deal it would be wise to have the people working there know about it. The store was incredibly dirty and many items were just out of place. It's pretty bad when Walmart looks clean in comparison. Needless to say I don't think I'm going to go to a Kmart regardless of the deals anytime soon.

/Rant

Thanks OP! Got it at the Pendleton Pike at Indianapolis Kmart yesterday. The electronics person didn't know about it, but it ended up ringing up for a bit under $43.

*bump from previous*
Anyone have anything to show to Best Buy to match this deal, so I can get $20 back on it from my purchase a week ago?

Went to one of the many K Marts in the Milwaukee area with no luck. I've emailed [email protected] so, hopefully I'll be able to pick it up before i leave town for the weekend if he can get the issue corrected here. No one wanted to honor the price there since it wasn't in the weekly ad.

... I bought blue twizzlers instead.

[quote name='[EMAIL="Jdeane@BTW"']BTW[/EMAIL] - I've got something cooking with Square Enix for the first week of May in lieu of this success!!!! I'll release the info next week.[/QUOTE]

Do I smell "Nier" price drop? :cool:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Wanted to post the status of the offer after day 1.

We saw over a significant boost in sales yesterday! Thank you for helping make the case to do these types of promos more often!

Just want to be completely upfront with you all, we are currently out of stock in a little over 5% of the chain however due to yesterday's sales.

Lastly, we removed a default exclusion to our off shore stores that should be resolved in the field tomorrow and please continue to email directly for any issues at store level [email protected]

Thanks!

BTW - I've got something cooking with Square Enix for the first week of May in lieu of this success!!!! I'll release the info next week.[/QUOTE]

Do I Smell a "Nier" price drop?

I've pulled up the store ads on my iPhone before and shown them. Also, at least at my Best Buy, if you can show them the website they'll take that too, as long as it's a store that's near them in location.

[quote name='knotfan123']Went to a store in Omaha and finally got it done with. I'm sorry but outside of SHC-Gamer they're customer service is just god awful. My girlfriend called in advance to see if they could hold the game and they gave her so much lip and attitude about coming in at a certain time or else they couldn't hold it, I was tempted to say screw this and pay the extra 20 dollars to not have to deal with the attitude we both received. Once at the store I had to search the store for 10 minutes just to find someone to help me then the guy was dumbfounded to see that the game was $40. If your going to run a deal it would be wise to have the people working there know about it. The store was incredibly dirty and many items were just out of place. It's pretty bad when Walmart looks clean in comparison. Needless to say I don't think I'm going to go to a Kmart regardless of the deals anytime soon.

/Rant[/QUOTE]

If it is anything like where I work (Meijer) people usually work all over in different departments. We aren't stationed at one department everyday we work. So basically nobody ever really knows any of the sales or promotions we are doing and always are having to look at the ad. In this case when it's not in the ad, even more probably don't know about it. It shouldn't be that way but from my experience working in retail, it always is.

[quote name='ShallowDepths']Went to one of the many K Marts in the Milwaukee area with no luck. I've emailed [email protected] so, hopefully I'll be able to pick it up before i leave town for the weekend if he can get the issue corrected here. No one wanted to honor the price there since it wasn't in the weekly ad.

... I bought blue twizzlers instead.[/QUOTE]
Hey bud - I just want to make sure I helped you out. Not sure if your username matches your email. Please let me know if you received all the help you need. If not, shame on me for not being able to locate the email.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Wanted to post the status of the offer after day 1.

We saw over a significant boost in sales yesterday! Thank you for helping make the case to do these types of promos more often!

Just want to be completely upfront with you all, we are currently out of stock in a little over 5% of the chain however due to yesterday's sales.

Lastly, we removed a default exclusion to our off shore stores that should be resolved in the field tomorrow and please continue to email directly for any issues at store level [email protected]

Thanks!

BTW - I've got something cooking with Square Enix for the first week of May in lieu of this success!!!! I'll release the info next week.[/QUOTE]

Come on FFXIII for $4.97...make it happen! :bouncy:

Want to thank SHC-Gamer for his great service.

Unfortunately my experience at Kmart today was terrible. It would take a lot at this point to get me back in the store. Won't go into the details here, but I actually purchased Splinter Cell at $39.99, and then promptly returned it to the manager. Went to BB and price matched it.

Horrible experience.

-

[quote name='gunstar808']Want to thank SHC-Gamer for his great service.

Unfortunately my experience at Kmart today was terrible. It would take a lot at this point to get me back in the store. Won't go into the details here, but I actually purchased Splinter Cell at $39.99, and then promptly returned it to the manager. Went to BB and price matched it.

Horrible experience.

-[/QUOTE]

How did you go about it to get Best Buy to price match it????

[quote name='HCHecxz']How did you go about it to get Best Buy to price match it????[/QUOTE]

I took my Kmart receipt to BB. They didn't really look at it tho. So I would say its somewhat YMMV on the price match. The Kmart receipt doesn't say the name of the game, just a generic 360 and price. So I was expecting them to contact Kmart, but they didn't bother.

Kmart kind of sucks :bomb: But I guess that isn't a surprise.

Such a great deal I missed out on. Went to the Kmart at Astor Place, NYC today but was told the game sold out on the first day. Called up the 34th St Kmart, also out. Maybe next time!

Horrible experience.

-[/QUOTE]
Hate to hear that bud; can't blame you if you were not treated with respect. We've got a long way to go that's for sure and I thank you for at least coming in with the intent to purchase the game.

If there is anything you would like to share please feel free to contact me and I will promptly address the situation with this store.

Just a little rant from me, it just really sucks because I truly love the company I work for and my job as the video game buyer. I joined straight out of college and Sears Holdings provides a good life for my family but when I consistently hear all of the struggles you and others have experienced it definitely reminds me how deeply rooted a lot of our issues are and I only hope that over time my team and I can help make a difference.

Regardless, I am going to keep trying and hopefully one day earn your respect and trust as a customer.

[quote name='LarsenB']Such a great deal I missed out on. Went to the Kmart at Astor Place, NYC today but was told the game sold out on the first day. Called up the 34th St Kmart, also out. Maybe next time![/QUOTE]
If you email me at [email protected] with your name I can have copies of the game sent to your location of choice and ensure it is held for you at the promotional price.

Just a heads up to any Northwest CAGgers the Salem, OR Kmart had five more left after I purchased a copy. Excellent deal thanks OP.

Picked up Conviction at the Bridgeview Kmart near Chicago with that $10 off $20 that is good in area stores for $32.99 w tax!!! Still had a couple left from what I saw.

Yep, if you have the updated coupon with the stores listed that accept it they should take it. Coupon is only good in Baltimore, New York, and Chicago from what Ive read.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']If you email me at [email protected] with your name I can have copies of the game sent to your location of choice and ensure it is held for you at the promotional price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! Sent you an email just now. And I'm sure you've heard this many times already but I also really appreciate your persistence in bringing these deals to us. Kudos!
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Wait, so that $10 off $20 still works in Chicagoland stores? I'd definitely bite if I could get Splinter Cell for $30.[/QUOTE]

Depending on where u are, I would say that coupon ymmv. Im in northwest indiana but still considered to be in the chicagoland area. I got to use the coupon once, but the next time I went back, there was a sign warning the employees not to accept it. Good Luck!!

Horrible experience.

-[/QUOTE]
Im confused, so you bought the game at kmart for $39.99 and returned it so that you can buy it at best buy for $39.99? :???:

[quote name='King Royalty']Im confused, so you bought the game at kmart for $39.99 and returned it so that you can buy it at best buy for $39.99? :???:[/QUOTE]

He bought it at Kmart for the sale price but returned it immediately because of the horrible shopping experience. He then used his Kmart receipt to price match the game at Best Buy.

That's about it although I kind of wonder what the Kmart employee did to piss him off so much.

[quote name='BrownCracker']Depending on where u are, I would say that coupon ymmv. Im in northwest indiana but still considered to be in the chicagoland area. I got to use the coupon once, but the next time I went back, there was a sign warning the employees not to accept it. Good Luck!![/QUOTE]

Here is the link to that Chicago area Kmart coupon. It lists all the stores that accept it. Lady at my Kmart told me that they accept them, limit 1 per day I believe. :lol:

http://chicagofree.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/KM_Coupon_Renaissance_Chicago1.pdf

Welp, I've tried three stores in the NW Indiana/ IL South Suburbs and none have the game. Told my buddy in the Bay area about it and he was able to get one. Great deal for those that can get it.

Went to pick it up yesterday and the clerk had two other very large bouncer types sit me down and ask me where I got the coupon (and if I knew that "forging" a coupon was considered stealing)... I told them to go fuck themselves and then left the store. Went to BB and got it instead. Sweet game.

[quote name='Birbo']Welp, I've tried three stores in the NW Indiana/ IL South Suburbs and none have the game. Told my buddy in the Bay area about it and he was able to get one. Great deal for those that can get it.[/QUOTE]

The Steger K-mart still has copies, and they take the 10 dollar coupon :)

Got another buddy to pick this up at WalMart. Great game!

Has anyone played the previous Splinter Cell (Double Agent)? Would you recommend picking that one up?

Thanks

[quote name='dapunisure']just called kmart & the sales associate said it was $60.. does it ring up differently once scanned???[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think. At the 1 I went to the sticker said $59.99 but scanned 39.99 so they probably just looked at the sticker. You should call back and ask if they can scan it for you if you dont want to end up driving there for nothing.

[quote name='dapunisure']just called kmart & the sales associate said it was $60.. does it ring up differently once scanned???[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'd be willing to bet that they just looked at the pricetag. Mine was stickered at 59.99 as well, but rang up as 39.99.

i can also confirm this is legit... my experience:

kmart 1: no copies, not even a tag
kmart 2: 39.99 SALE TAG! but no game, sold out
kmart 3: 59.99 tag, but game rang up as 39.99

pittsburgh cags, there's still 3 copies at the robinson kmart

[quote name='Xfactor19990']ifonly this was in the ads, fuck kmart[/QUOTE]

If only you'd learn to use the "Space" key correctly.

[quote name='Montana02115']I would not recommend Double Agent I hated it no where close to as good as any of the other splinter cells imo[/QUOTE]

Been eying this in my backlog for a while...Now I think I'll burn it.

Just drove a friend to get his copy at the Brideview Kmart near Chicago but they were out of stock. Drove a little further to the Tinley Park Kmart and they had it in stock. We tried using the 10 off 20 coupon but were told they no longer honor them. Luckily they have 10 off 30 coupons in the store so he paid $32 and some change. Wooot!!

I'd like to inform the manager at the Bloomingdale, IL Kmart on Gary Ave that he can kindly go fuck himself. I have a valid coupon that clearly states valid until the 22nd and they're supposed to honor it. fuck them. He pointed me to a little sign, pictured below. The coupon makes no mention of any sort of limit stated on said sign. This is seriously bullshit.

Photo0672-1.jpg

[quote name='Wiseguy']Use the new improved K-Mart coupon and save $10 more. Bought a copy in Chicago for $30.
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/kmart.com\http://www.retailmenot.com/view/kmart.com
Coupon is on the link page above.

Coupon says VALID AT ALL KMART STORE LOCATIONS.

Just a friendly reminder...don't get greedy and ruin the deal, use the coupon for one game and keep it cool. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

For those reading the entire thread to find the coupon here it is.

[quote name='Delegate Zer0']Just drove a friend to get his copy at the Brideview Kmart near Chicago but they were out of stock. Drove a little further to the Tinley Park Kmart and they had it in stock. We tried using the 10 off 20 coupon but were told they no longer honor them. Luckily they have 10 off 30 coupons in the store so he paid $32 and some change. Wooot!![/QUOTE]

Hopefully this is only for the Chicago area. I still have yet to go try this deal at my local Kmarts.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']I'd like to inform the manager at the Bloomingdale, IL Kmart on Gary Ave that he can kindly go fuck himself. I have a valid coupon that clearly states valid until the 22nd and they're supposed to honor it. fuck them. He pointed me to a little sign, pictured below. The coupon makes no mention of any sort of limit stated on said sign. This is seriously bullshit.

Photo0672-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

"Published Coupon Limit"

lol. What will my company do next?

What I don't understand is that they made a mistake in the first place by misprinting the coupon...Instead of coming out immediately and saying so, then refusing the coupon, or its excessive use...They begin spreading rumors (at least at my store)

From the top-down, I heard that the coupon was and I quote (with some paraphrasing) "...made by someone who hacked into the Kmart computer systems and changed the "Valid at all stores" line". When I heard one of the girls vomiting the stated comment to cashiers up front, I nearly punched her in her head. What sort of ridiculous thought-process goes through someone's mind to think up something like that?

Instead of ending this entire debate on the first day...Kmart chose to take the high-road and alienate their customers, again.

I will say though, SHC, you're doing a good job of changing prejudices though.

[quote name='Delegate Zer0']Just drove a friend to get his copy at the Brideview Kmart near Chicago but they were out of stock. Drove a little further to the Tinley Park Kmart and they had it in stock. We tried using the 10 off 20 coupon but were told they no longer honor them. Luckily they have 10 off 30 coupons in the store so he paid $32 and some change. Wooot!![/QUOTE]

Where are these coupons located? The $10 off $30?

[quote name='applesauce']is this worth buy or rent you think? i'm worried about the replay value because i know the single-player is only 5-6 hours, but it does have the various co-op modes, but do those online modes have any longevitY? thanks[/QUOTE]

It sure does if you enjoy co-op play! If you don't like co-op....then never mind. Also, once you get enough UPlay points you can unlock a new mode called infiltration (for co-op). This game has some of the best 2 player co-op I have ever played. Once you and your parter get each others "style" of play down - you then start thinking more strategic as a unit (like sharing mark and execute kills). Is it the best Splinter Cell ever, no, I thought Chaos Theory had the best Single Player, but this one comes in close behind it. Yet I do think this one is the best for online play, bar the sadly missing Mercs vs Spys mode (deathmatch modes) that was in Double Agent. If you don't have any friends to play with or you don't like to play with strangers, then steer clear.

if you pick it up and need help, add me to your friends list.

bread's done
Back