St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

May want to check your dates. Next Friday, July 1st, I'm pretty sure Joey will be in Daytona, Florida practicing for the race on July 2nd.

Sometimes its just the car and not the driver, autographs may be available. Pretty sure he runs Nationwide series also so he would be racing Friday night. if he isn;t and they qualify on Thursday. he could technically fly in and I would guess happy hour practice is Saturday afternoon

OK my bad I was given bad information. It's just his car and his trailer holding a bunch of games to play from 12-6 on Friday. I should have known not to trust the girl at Fenton Gamestop, she never has any info 100% correct. Sorry Velo I know she was a favorite of yours at Crestwood.

Also I don't know how much longer it will be there, but Sony currently has a truck outside the South County Walmart on Telegraph. They have 2-player Sports Champions, 3D Motorstorm, and MLB The Show 11 Home Run Derby using Move.

[quote name='MSUHitman']OK my bad I was given bad information. It's just his car and his trailer holding a bunch of games to play from 12-6 on Friday. I should have known not to trust the girl at Fenton Gamestop, she never has any info 100% correct. Sorry Velo I know she was a favorite of yours at Crestwood.

Also I don't know how much longer it will be there, but Sony currently has a truck outside the South County Walmart on Telegraph. They have 2-player Sports Champions, 3D Motorstorm, and MLB The Show 11 Home Run Derby using Move.[/QUOTE]

dont feel bad if I wasn't a NASCAR fan and been to lots of races I wouldn't have known either.

Does anyone happen to know if the Kmart on Manchester has any of the clearanced Hannah Montana PSP bundles? I may be crazy but I really want a lilac PSP. :lol:

Ryu, the South County KMart on Lemay Ferry has one left.

Also, a new independent game store has opened up in Arnold. It's called Bodach's Games. It's on Jeffco Blvd. right next to the Charter office on the border of Arnold and Imperial. I know the owner personally and he's a good guy. Lots of retro stuff available plus disk buffing.

[quote name='generalpatton71']From Carbondale but I had to jump in and say GO CARDS! If we can get a good start from Morris Saturday it would be huge![/QUOTE]

Was wondering who the hell Morris was, didn't realize the post was like six yrs. old at first. Anyway, no deals to post. Just checking in as a fellow Stl CAGer.

I printed out the thing from the toys r us guitar hero dj hero tony hawk shred and took it to Mid Rivers Toys R Us, gentleman in the Video games section was really really nice and let me buy a band kit for 360 and a guitar bundle for 360, That new guitar looks great and for 14.99 hard to pass up

For those peeps who are interested, seems like the area Tuesday Morning stores got the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Soap MacTavish statues that GameStop was selling when that game came out, all for the nice low price of $19.99

Now, some stores will still have them in box, while others will have them out of the box (check the bottom/open it up to make sure you have the other arms and guns). I know the Creve Couer (New Ballas/Olive next to Subway & Five Guys Burger/Fries) has them OUT of the box. I picked up 1 that was still in box (but opened box, but still had the plastic and all packaging) at the Mid-Rivers Dr (next to Buffalo Wild Wings) location (I bought one, and there was still one in box there, they may/may not have more).

Happy Hunting!

^ ALL Gamestop's, all 24-hour Walmart's, a few Best Buy's.

Also if anyone wants it, the South County KMart still had a LBP 2 CE left as of last week.

Not sure if anyone has been to one of the three Borders stores closed in the first wave (St. Peters, Chesterfield Mall and Ballwin), though I was out at Chesterfield Mall and found that the store there has turned into a Books A Million. It's not listed on their store locator yet, so it must have just opened very recently.

Don't even bother going to Gamestop if you live in the southwest portion of St. Louis County (Man, Arnold, Fenton, Sunset, etc.) to get Dead Island until Friday when non picked up preorders go back on the shelf. ALL 15 or so of them are sold out on ALL platforms from what I understand. The last hold out was West County Mall so you may want to try there.

Scratch that. Fenton got a ton of copies in on Thursday, and I'm sure other Gamestop's did as well, but now all BB's are sold out. I went to Manchester, Fenton, and South County on Thursday and they were all sold out.

dont know how reliable it is but checking BB inventory shows it in stock at Mid Rivers Ellisville and Watson Road stores.

I am in no hurry to get this until they fix the bugs I keep hearing people talk about. I don;t want another DA2 fiasco on my hands after putting all the time into it

I think the bugs are mainly with the PS3 and PC versions. Only bug I've encountered is not being able to turn in a sidequest that friends in my game (who were well past me in level) activated and started.

I might give it a shot after Deus Ex, that game has tons of horrible bugs, worse than that but it's fun as hell still too

I don't know how much of a deal this may be but at the Best Buy at Manchester and 141 has three Halo Reach Legendary Edition (the giant cube) for $50. I haven't followed Halo in a long time so I have no idea if thats worth it or not.

[quote name='stiner']I don't know how much of a deal this may be but at the Best Buy at Manchester and 141 has three Halo Reach Legendary Edition (the giant cube) for $50. I haven't followed Halo in a long time so I have no idea if thats worth it or not.[/QUOTE]

It's a clearance sale. BB has dropped the price to $50 to get it out of there. CheapyD posted it in the deals forum this morning. If you want Reach it's worth it as it's only $10 more than the standard version and you could sell that DLC code for about $20 on EBay.

FYI Fenton Gamestop JUST got restocked with 20 copies per system (well on console) of Dead Island.

Did they not make a lot of copies of Dead Island? I thought It was going to be a big seller but like you were saying it just isn't in stock at hardly any store

This is the biggest game ever published by Deep Silver. Read their Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Silver#Deep_Silver

Wii games, PC games, and a couple of 360/PS3 games that don't have anywhere near the demand for this game. They did what any small publisher did, print to preorders plus a few ten thousand. Now when everyone sells out day 1 they have to go back to the presses.

From what I'm told by the Fenton management, most Gamestops should have the game in-stock now. But it seems WM, Target, BB, and KMart may still have issues since Fenton had multiple customers coming in that were striking out at other retailers yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know its a rare find at Best Buy, I hadn't really kept up on the Publisher side but it makes a lot of sense.

Fenton is sold out of Dead Island for the 3rd time on 360. They still had less than 10 PS3 copies but I haven't been there today so who knows how many are left.

I am still trying to decide whether I like Dead Island or not, I think my analog controls are busted it never seems to work the way I want to too. the Digital is ok but has become a huge pain fighting thugs. The game is fun though I just am not sure I want 30 hours of it yet

Don't know if any CAG's are interested and it's last minute but there is a Free Madden 2011 Tournament at Crest Bowl In Florissant tonight at 9pm

address is 650 New Florissant Road 63031,

Take 270 to Florissant Rd and head towards Lindbergh and Crest will be on the right hand side maybe a mile down the road past St. Francois street.

I just got this off their facebook page and I will share the link, it says you may win a trip to the 2012 Pro Bowl.

I won't be playing because I suck at Madden but I will be bowling in the Thursday Night League(I'm not hard to pick out from my avatar lol) so I will stick around and see how it goes for a while at least. Hopefully it will be run better than MSUHitmans experience at Wal-Mart.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crest-Bowl/148937104127

Yeah Fenton Walmart sucks, I'll be sticking to the South County one.

FYI the Ico/SOTC Collection & GoW Origins Collection $10 off coupon from the BB @Gamer Magazine is working now without needing manager override. I bought the next-to-last Ico at Fenton BB yesterday.

yeah bestbuy got that coupon fixed. i ran around today trying to get some store (bestbuy, tru, walmart) to match some of tru's online prices/b1g1f deal, but no luck.

[quote name='Kezmer']I am still trying to decide whether I like Dead Island or not, I think my analog controls are busted it never seems to work the way I want to too. the Digital is ok but has become a huge pain fighting thugs. The game is fun though I just am not sure I want 30 hours of it yet[/QUOTE]

I played on a PC with mouse and keyboard and I really didn't enjoy it that much myself. Maybe it just wasn't my style but the game felt really underwhelming to me.

Do any of you have any experience with these "BAM!" stores that are going into some of the old borders locations? Apparently there is one in Mid Rivers and one in Chesterfield -- I saw the one in Mid Rivers last night, but it was like midnight at the time. Good prices? Deals? Trade in values?

[quote name='DerClaw']Do any of you have any experience with these "BAM!" stores that are going into some of the old borders locations? Apparently there is one in Mid Rivers and one in Chesterfield -- I saw the one in Mid Rivers last night, but it was like midnight at the time. Good prices? Deals? Trade in values?[/QUOTE]

Same company as the Vintage Stock stores in Kansas City, Arkansas and Oklahoma. Prices vary. Good prices on some stuff, overpriced on others. My experience has been that it is much better than Slackers though.

Haven't been to the ones that have opened in St. Louis, but the vintage stocks in KC always have something worth buying. Great store just to browse around at.

[quote name='schuerm26'] Prices vary. Good prices on some stuff, overpriced on others. My experience has been that it is much better than Slackers though.

Haven't been to the ones that have opened in St. Louis, but the vintage stocks in KC always have something worth buying. Great store just to browse around at.[/QUOTE]

Sounds promising! May have to swing by one of these sometime this weekend. Thanks for the input!

[quote name='schuerm26']Same company as the Vintage Stock stores in Kansas City, Arkansas and Oklahoma. Prices vary. Good prices on some stuff, overpriced on others. My experience has been that it is much better than Slackers though.

Haven't been to the ones that have opened in St. Louis, but the vintage stocks in KC always have something worth buying. Great store just to browse around at.[/QUOTE]

The only slackers I've ever been into is the one that moves around SoCo and, yeah, it's ... uh "gross" would be the best way to put it. I don't know if their prices are OK, but it looks like just some high school kids' bedroom. Totally disorganized and ... just unclean looking. These stores at least "look nice."

In regards to Books-A-Million, there's been one at the St. Louis Mills Mall for a number of years, though I've never been there yet.

I posted about the BAM in Chesterfield a few weeks back, so I guess they're converting a number of the Borders locations into BAM stores. Neither the Mid Rivers or Chesterfield locations are showing up on their store finder link on their website.

[quote name='DerClaw']The only slackers I've ever been into is the one that moves around SoCo and, yeah, it's ... uh "gross" would be the best way to put it. I don't know if their prices are OK, but it looks like just some high school kids' bedroom. Totally disorganized and ... just unclean looking. These stores at least "look nice."[/QUOTE]It hasn't changed in the years I've dealt with them, either.

They are occasionally useful for finding rare/hard-to-find guides, though most of the time, you find more than a few penny guides from BB or GS ending up there, oddly enough.

[quote name='Deefuzz']Sounds promising! May have to swing by one of these sometime this weekend. Thanks for the input![/QUOTE]

Thing to look for, and this might be different in St. Louis. We don't have any stores in KC here called Bam! so not 100% sure if pricing is different than the Vintage Stocks in KC. People trade in s--t ton of disc only games. Well, vintage stock in KC will price them at 2.99 or 5.99 no matter what the game is. If you go in to a BAM store in the STL area ASK WHERE THE DISC ONLY GAMES ARE!!! I can't even explain to you how many steals I have gotten since they price them all the same. Disc only sports games $2.99. Disc only rare playstation games $2.99.

This does very a bit lately from store to store in the KC area. Sometimes they price the 360 or PS3 or Wii games $5.99.

Make sure you ask where the disc only games are. And sorry if the STL Bam! stores do not have the same pricing. Don't mean to pass on info that might not be true for the STL area but definitely worth asking because you will find steals if they price the disc only games the same way.

[quote name='schuerm26']Thing to look for, and this might be different in St. Louis. We don't have any stores in KC here called Bam! so not 100% sure if pricing is different than the Vintage Stocks in KC. People trade in s--t ton of disc only games. Well, vintage stock in KC will price them at 2.99 or 5.99 no matter what the game is. If you go in to a BAM store in the STL area ASK WHERE THE DISC ONLY GAMES ARE!!! I can't even explain to you how many steals I have gotten since they price them all the same. Disc only sports games $2.99. Disc only rare playstation games $2.99.

This does very a bit lately from store to store in the KC area. Sometimes they price the 360 or PS3 or Wii games $5.99.

Make sure you ask where the disc only games are. And sorry if the STL Bam! stores do not have the same pricing. Don't mean to pass on info that might not be true for the STL area but definitely worth asking because you will find steals if they price the disc only games the same way.[/QUOTE]
That could turn out to be pretty crazy, especially with various CE's or bundle packages with the "not for resale" stuff maybe being turned in without the case. Thanks for the heads up, I usually avoid disc-only games at GS (unless I'm looking for expensive coasters).

[quote name='DerClaw']That could turn out to be pretty crazy, especially with various CE's or bundle packages with the "not for resale" stuff maybe being turned in without the case. Thanks for the heads up, I usually avoid disc-only games at GS (unless I'm looking for expensive coasters).[/QUOTE]

I don't like disc only games either, but if they price them the same as here in KC, you will find some ridiculous deals.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Very interesting intel, does anyone know the status of the old Brentwood store?[/QUOTE]

I know the two stores that were turned into BAM! stores were the Borders location inside of malls (St. Peters, Chesterfield) so maybe that is a mall only thing?

Last I saw the Brentwood store was still unused, the Creve Coeur store is as well (I drive by it every day), but they've only been closed for about a month now I think, so maybe BAM! will move into those ones as well after all...

I live right by the Mills mall BAM and I have not been in there in a month or so I don;t ever remember seeing any video games anywhere in the store

Ok I hit the Mid Rivers BAM! last night. Not too shabby, a little bit of a step up from Slackers. Less of a Dreamcast/SegaCD/Saturn collection, but prices seemed a little more fair than what I recall from Slackers.

Pretty large section dedicated to games as compared to Slackers, didn't see too many vintage systems available for purchase if that is what you are after.

Found a couple of Game Gear games I wanted at prices I was willing to pay. Shockingly they had 3 TG16 games, and I never see that stuff in second hand stores. Also snagged the original solo JSRF for Xbox for $9.99, walked into Slackers right after that and saw they wanted like $23 for it.

Definitely worth checking the place out. Also if you like toys and action figures, there are some items in the upstairs portion of the store, a little mix of vintage 80s-90s and early 2000's. Of note up in that area were some Tiger Electronic handhelds, I almost bought a couple for nostalgia's sake.

Almost all GS should have the following midnight's:

Oct. 17- Batman
Oct. 24- Battlefield 3
Oct. 31- Uncharted 3 (this one is probably the one that MIGHT not be at all stores)
Nov. 7- MW3
Nov. 10- Skyrim
Nov. 14- AC: R, SR 3, Halo CE Remake, UMvC 3, NFS: The Run

[quote name='MSUHitman']Almost all GS should have the following midnight's:

Nov. 14- AC: R, SR 3, Halo CE Remake, UMvC 3, NFS: The Run[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't realize how much was coming out that same day. That one is going to hurt.

[quote name='Deefuzz']Wow, I didn't realize how much was coming out that same day. That one is going to hurt.[/QUOTE]Only if you're picking up all those games at once.

bread's done
Back