Stand by for Titanfall!

i have no issues with grunts seeing they seem to make game flow better. I do think grunts should be out of the pilot kill game mode seeing they don't count anyways.
They still reduce Titan time and can be hacked for some fun (specters that is)

I like grunts because most pilots will kill them. Which shows me where they are

I'm using the Astro MixAmp with a set of Beyerdynamic MMX 300s, with chat through the MS Adapter.

The adapter will work fine with the X42s. Just do the controller update with your headset attached to the adapter and it'll route chat there. No sense spending more money if you're happy with the X42s.
Thanks for the advice, picked up two adatpers today. Do I need to update then pair/sync or pair/sync then update? Asking so I dont mess up the update.

Thanks for the advice, picked up two adatpers today. Do I need to update then pair/sync or pair/sync then update? Asking so I dont mess up the update.
There's a walkthrough inside the adapter box, so you'll be fine.

the issue i see with two titans being unlocked only if you beat both sides of campaign is that down the road might be hard to find a game of campaign 24/7. I have a feeling they will patch it so they are unlocked in mp games not just campaign or just unlock them right away.
Maybe.. but I have spent more time playing Campaign than the other modes - even though the story is token at best, I like the mini events that happen.. seems a lot of folks, even G4 Pilots, are going back to Campaign. Also, if it's tough to find a match, just choose Quick Play to drop into whichever one is populated, then you'll be carried to the next one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Experienced my first kill in the air today against another ejecting pilot.  The level of competition in campaign is definately lower than classic so far.  Feels like all the high level players stick to classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UTrGprBWNo&list=UUs66Qz8atOp-PTS3eJMoLmQ

Crushed by Titanfall kill in slow motion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mgXYCW1VuQ&index=2&list=PLrNNxb6-Mbjq7arj1b8kqcDqB1MvJCtfR

What's your favorite anti-Titan weapon as a pilot? I personally like the grenade launcher.
I hate the grenade launcher. lol.

Mines the sidewinder or plasma rifle. Both just do a ton of damage if you hit critical spots. Normally I just toss an arc grenade or 2 and can burn through a Titan in a little over one clip with sidewinder.

Played this at the MS store today. Like a fast-paced CoD 4 w/ giant robots. I have to say I like more than I liked Knack.

It was really smart of them to bundle it with the console.

I just picked up the bundle earlier today but probably won't get to open it until tonight. Looking forward to getting into it. How big is the download?

I just picked up the bundle earlier today but probably won't get to open it until tonight. Looking forward to getting into it. How big is the download?
16.x GB. Pretty big but can play it at 50%, I think. Or was that feature never implemented

Oh and:

Prepare For Titanfall!

Something weird when I got on today. I loaded the game up and got to the main menu, and 4 achievements popped up out of nowhere. They were Play 50 campaign matches, Kill 1000 AI soldiers, and win every level as a IMC pilot. I know for a fact these shouldn't have been unlocked yet but fudge it. Just weird.

Crap I was afriad this would happen.  I played the campaign the first couple of days after release and felt like I could hold my own witht he other players. But played a couple of matches today on classic and I am now getting completely owned by everybody.

Sorry to those who invited me to play last night. I was running with a group of coworkers and had full intentions to reply back, but I was mid-match and forgot to do so by the time the match had ended.

I wish they 1) showed you which campaign levels you beat and 2) let you pick IMC or Militia for sake of getting the campaign achievements

Why do they need to tell the other team where the drop ship is landing?  After what seems like 30 minutes, drop ship comes and there's 3 titans, and 2 cloaked asses, and the sixth person is probably off killing grunts or sniping.  Either don't tell the location of the evac ship, or teach the grunts how to provide some covering fire.  

Dropship is already hard to kill as is when you get stuck with people who won't even shoot at it, would be impossible to kill anybody if you didn't know where it dropped off.

1) They do, they're on the corners of the map choice.
2) You can once you beat them, but not before of course
How can you tell the difference between ones you've beaten vs ones you've completed? I have the small icons showing on all of them because I've played everything both sides, but I still have a few IMC missions I need to win on.

-----

Digging this game a lot. I stink at it but I'm mediocre when it comes to most shooters. Mostly using Ogre with one of the charge up weapons and E-smoke or a Stryder with a standard weapon and the drop shield. Just got to level 30 and tried the Titan grenade launcher. Not a fan.

Is there any use for the Titanwarp perk other than maybe trying to crush people? It's not like they take that long to drop normally.

These have probably been answered, but searching on my phone yielded no results. I have 2 questions:

1. Where can I find a comparison of all the differences between the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions?

2. Will the 360 version have a large install?

Thanks.

How can you tell the difference between ones you've beaten vs ones you've completed? I have the small icons showing on all of them because I've played everything both sides, but I still have a few IMC missions I need to win on.

-----

Digging this game a lot. I stink at it but I'm mediocre when it comes to most shooters. Mostly using Ogre with one of the charge up weapons and E-smoke or a Stryder with a standard weapon and the drop shield. Just got to level 30 and tried the Titan grenade launcher. Not a fan.

Is there any use for the Titanwarp perk other than maybe trying to crush people? It's not like they take that long to drop normally.
I think you just need to complete the campaign, don't you? I recall losing my first Militia campaign mission but winning the rest of them, and I still got the achievement and unlock(s).

I use the Atlas with Triple Threat (extended mag) and just get all up in other Titan's grills dropping 'nades like a retard, along with the multi-targeting missile system thing. If it fails (usually due to being outnumbered), I eject and drop satchels to finish the job -- kind of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7Nj0MH5QM

Speaking of which, satchels are so fuck ing powerful. Easily my favorite toy to play with as a pilot. I'll easily take a suicide/death if it means a Titan (and pilot) goes with me. ALLAH AKBAR!

These have probably been answered, but searching on my phone yielded no results. I have 2 questions:

1. Where can I find a comparison of all the differences between the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions?

2. Will the 360 version have a large install?

Thanks.
Everyone interested in the 360 version is just as clueless as you. They've given us no information at all with a little over a week before release.

Respawn's lead engineer said the 360 version is still being worked on a couple days ago. Based on that I'm expecting a Day 1 patch.

I wrote about the lack of Xbox 360 info for Titanfall on my gaming blog today, take a look if you want. Yeah I think it's BS.

Heard a great tip to get the Titan on Titan challenge, as soon as a pilot gets out of their Titan and you have a Titan you can call down then do it. Since their Titan will be immobile for a bit, it's perfect target practice (said on Major Nelson's podcast).

Speaking of which, satchels are so fuck ing powerful. Easily my favorite toy to play with as a pilot. I'll easily take a suicide/death if it means a Titan (and pilot) goes with me. ALLAH AKBAR!
I imagine they are going to nerf them soon. It'd be nice if they didn't though.

Huge fan of the satchel charges.. great for guarding a hardpoint, too - once someone starts capturing one I'm covering, even if I'm on the other side of the map....BOOM - seeya!

The biggest thing the 360 version of Titanfall has on it's side is that it'll be using the same Microsoft Azure servers as the Xbox One version. It's not gonna look or run as great we know that but still not even a screen has been posted.

The biggest thing the 360 version of Titanfall has on it's side is that it'll be using the same Microsoft Azure servers as the Xbox One version. It's not gonna look or run as great we know that but still not even a screen has been posted.
I heard the Azure is suppose to make a difference in the bot A.I. too but I don't really notice anything different from a regular A.I. This is just me though.

The biggest thing the 360 version of Titanfall has on it's side is that it'll be using the same Microsoft Azure servers as the Xbox One version.
That's great to know. I was worried it would be running off of a peer-to-peer setup. I'm not even worried about the 30 FPS rumor. If it looks fine and plays well, that's what I want to know.

Still, it would be nice to at least see some footage of it by at least Tuesday.

Huge fan of the satchel charges.. great for guarding a hardpoint, too - once someone starts capturing one I'm covering, even if I'm on the other side of the map....BOOM - seeya!
yeah I love them i throw them on hardpoints as they are getting overrun and clear them out also great for taking down Titans ride them light them up for a bit put a charge on it and jump off and blow it to hell....god this game is great haha

The ai is pretty bad still. They only get on my nerves when they lock on to you or shoot anti titan weapons at you.

Overall the game is such a blast to play.
They're there to give the bad to moderate players a reason to enjoy the game.
yeah I love them i throw them on hardpoints as they are getting overrun and clear them out also great for taking down Titans ride them light them up for a bit put a charge on it and jump off and blow it to hell....god this game is great haha
Satchel Charge Card + Rodeo Titan = 80% Health Loss

Seriously one of the best games. A total reason to get next gen. (Other than Batman: Arkham Knight.) I haven't had THIS MUCH fun with a new shooter IP since the first Gears.

How do you use the cards unlimited satchel or grenades? Each time I play them I use 2 then I'm out. Am I missing something?
They're unlimited SUPPLY. You can still only use the amount you have equipped.

i.e. You have 2 grenades at start, 3 with the perk. You can use all 2/3 grenades immediately (they're also powered up) and then you have to wait a few moments for them to refill. Its to prevent grenade spamming.

bread's done
Back